Singaporebrides | Photography
20 Secret Pre Wedding Shoot Locations in Singapore
20 of the best pre wedding shoot locations Singapore has to offer! From secret islands to forgotten post-war buildings, these incredible shoot venues are now yours to explore.
Fool your friends into thinking you went overseas with these 20 beautiful pre-wedding shoot locations in Singapore! Whether you’re after lush greenery, a bit of adventure, or urban scenes, these unique engagement session spots are favourites of local photographers.
Outdoor Pre Wedding Shoot Locations in Singapore with Nature and Greenery
1. Tuas Lalang FieldAudrie and Eugene’s Dreamy Pre Wedding Shoot by Smittenpixels Photography
A popular spot for couples who want a dreamy, golden sunset glow amidst the wild grass, the Tuas lalang field is located at Tuas South Avenue 5. Come between 6:30pm to 7pm for those surreal sunset shots, and try to wear long skirts and long pants to avoid getting scratched by the prickly grass!
2. Pulau Punggol BaratEggs Benedict Chan Photography
One of two reclaimed islands off the coast of Selatar, Pulau Punggol Barat is fast becoming a favourite pre wedding shoot location with those in the know, as well as a popular haunt for cycling enthusiasts. The serene body of water between Punggol Barat (West) and Punggol Timor (East) makes an especially beautiful backdrop.
3. Singapore Botanic GardensGlen Sin’s Photography Audrie and Eugene’s Dreamy Pre Wedding Shoot by Smittenpixels Photography
Gazetted as a UNESCO heritage conservation monument, the Singapore Botanic Gardens offers 183 acres of beautiful flora for your pre wedding shoot. With its iconic gazebos, manicured gardens, and varied botanical landscapes, it’s easy to see why the Gardens are so popular for pre-wedding photography!
4. Coney IslandHui Yi and John’s Casual Pre-Wedding Shoot on Coney Island by AndroidsinBoots
Coney Island is fast becoming a go-to spot for wedding photographers in the know. Explore the misty pine forests and discover deserted beaches to document your love. Pack a picnic and make a date of it!
5. East Coast ParkSecrets in the Garden Fashion Editorial by SingaporeBrides
In the spring seasons of April to May, East Coast Park bursts into vibrant colour as the bougainvillea gardens bloom. The beach, breakwater, and forests of majestic trees also make great backdrops, offering you a variety of outdoor pre wedding shoot locations.
6. Upper Seletar ReservoirWeddings in Pictures: Elegance with a Touch of Vintage by Wishwander Pictures A Little Moment Photography
The tranquil water and wide expanse of sky at Upper Seletar Reservoir create beautiful backdrops for your pre wedding photoshoot. Head down at sunset for an incredibly romantic sky!
7. MacRitchie ReservoirBlessed-i Photography Eve and Scott’s Bright and Cheery MacRitchie Reservoir Wedding Solemnisation by Andri Tei Photography
With 12 hectares of beautiful landscaped grounds to explore, MacRitchie Reservoir offers a host of pre wedding shoot locations. Head for the water to capture serene shots, or into the forest trails to immerse yourselves in nature.
8. Canterbury RoadWeddings in Pictures: Elegance with a Touch of Vintage by Wishwander Pictures
A great pre wedding shoot location in Singapore with expansive views of grassland and scenic forests, Canterbury Road also showcases wide, open skies, making it great for sunset shots between 6pm to 7pm.
9. Fort Canning ParkChris Ling International Photographers
Full of heritage, Fort Canning Park has witnessed many of Singapore’s milestones, and will be a beautiful witness to your love. Take an iconic shot at the pit, along the ancient flight of stairs, or enjoy the beautiful greenery of the park.
10. Portsdown RoadJiayi and Javi’s Lush Botanical Wedding at Masons at Gillman Barracks by Bloc Memoire Photography
This towering water tank at Portsdown Road looks a little like a spaceship abandoned in the forest. Bonus: Take a break from your pre-wedding shoot to grab a bite at the neighbouring cafes along Portsdown Road!
11. Bukit Timah Saddle Club12loves Keeper of the Forest Fashion Editorial by SingaporeBrides
Located at 51 Fairways Drive, the Bukit Timah Saddle Club is THE pre wedding shoot location in Singapore if you love horses! Fees for a photoshoot with a horse are $330 per hour, and time slots are available from Tuesday to Friday between 10:30am – 11:30am or 2:30pm – 3:30pm. If you just want to shoot at the picturesque stables with its white picket fencing, you can book a photoshoot without a horse for $110 per hour anytime between 8am and 6pm from Tuesday to Sunday.
12. Bishan-Ang Mo Kio ParkEggs Benedict Chan Photography
One of the largest urban parks in central Singapore, Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park features gently rolling banks along its meandering river, and open lawns and greenery.
Nostalgic and Colourful Pre Wedding Shoot Locations in Singapore
13. Chek Jawa House No. 1Abid and Mizah’s Wedding Under the Trees by We Made These Photography
Chek Jawa House No. 1 at Pulau Ubin is a unique pre-war English Tudor bungalow with its own jetty. It now serves as the Chek Jawa Visitor Centre, and an off-the-beaten track pre-wedding shoot location for couples who want to explore Pulau Ubin!
14. Joo Chiat AlleywaysAforArcade Founders Min and Collin’s Beautiful Wedding at Grand Hyatt Singapore by AndroidsinBoots
If you’re looking for gritty urbanscapes and pops of colour, Joo Chiat’s old alleyways with its nostalgic architecture and spiralling staircases has just the right vibe.
15. Tiong Bahru EstateWeddings in Pictures: Elegance with a Touch of Vintage by Wishwander Pictures
With an influx of hipster cafes and eateries, one of Singapore’s oldest neighbourhoods has become one of the city’s most vibrant residential areas. A mix of Art Deco and shophouse architecture give the Tiong Bahru estate its charm and character, and provide colourful and nostalgic pre wedding shoot locations!
16. Universal Studios SingaporeRetro 1950s Engagement Styled Shoot at Universal Studios by AndroidsinBoots
Look like you’ve gone overseas without ever leaving Singapore! The bright colours of the vintage storefronts in the Hollywood Zone, the brick walls of the New York Zone alleys, and the magical spires in Far, Far Away in Universal Studios Singapore provide a myriad of pre wedding shoot locations. Photography and videography rates are $388, and include a VIP tour guide.
Glamorous, Formal Pre-Wedding Shoot Locations in Singapore
17. Marina Bay SandsA Little Moment Photography Chris Ling International Photographers
Especially dramatic for night photography sessions, the Marina Bay Sands area offers glamorous scenes of Singapore’s iconic skyline and cityscape.
18. National Gallery SingaporeSkyy Woo Photography for Gowns Villa Alene and Akira’s Romantic Garden Wedding in the Straits Room at Fullerton Hotel by Chris Ling International Photographers
Previously known as the Supreme Court building, the National Gallery of Singapore is a national monument with majestic architecture and striking interiors that make it a popular pre-wedding shoot location in Singapore. Apply for a permit to shoot your engagement session there at least seven working days in advance. Fees are $350 per session, for up to 120 minutes.
19. Victoria Concert HallEggs Benedict Chan Photography
Originally built in 1905, Victoria Concert Hall was restored and reopened in July 2014. With its grand arches, imposing columns, and majestic air, the venue makes a stunning backdrop for formal wedding portraits.
20. Gardens by the BayLoveinstills Photography Wedding Moments Photography
A dynamic juxtaposition of abundant foliage with minimalist glass and strong lines, Gardens by the Bay is a great pre wedding shoot location in Singapore. Come back at night for dramatic shots!
Credits: Feature image of Jiayi and Javi’s Lush Botanical Wedding at Masons at Gillman Barracks by Bloc Memoire Photography
Want to see your love story featured on SingaporeBrides too? Submit your wedding here!