Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

darling

Hi AhMel,

Its difficult looking for a contractor...i just finish my reno two months ago..it was good. email you the details..

ahblur

Hi tane,

You mean the flats like 684,683 have already been completed for 2 years already? No wonder i find the exterior kinda old-fashioned as compared to the new flats
sad.gif

tane

Hi AhBlur,

Yes, I got my keys in 2000 Nov, moved in 2001 Mar. Until now still not fully occupied. I think it's the location cos not many facilities/makan place nearby.

ahmel

Hi AhBlur,
I'm at 690B. The other side of the MRT track.
So u have selected an ID/contractor and started reno alr ?

Hi darling,
Thanks . Appreciate if u could forward me your details to [email protected] . Are u also in CCKC ?

dora

Hi Alex

Yah lor very dark hor. We actually hacked away 1/2 the wall for BR2 and put glass. It will be the study in the future. After hacking looks brighter, so not that bad now
happy.gif

Aiyoh, middle of the night got train??!! Die lah, I'm a very light sleeper... cham lah...
sad.gif
Lucky FH sleeps like a pig.... so poor me lor.... hopefully can get used to it....

Hi AhMel

Don't know leh, HDB asked us to get the key exactly 1 mth after the WIS (We got ours on the 1st day, FH went down the night that the announcement was made to get Q no. we so KS hor
biggrin.gif
). We already got the contractor before we got the keys. It's recommended by HDBay. after going around to like 4 others (HDBay and non HDBay), we thought that we can click with the ID, price is reasonable (tho' not the cheapest), liked the workmanship and design of the showflats that he brought us to. So far quite satisfied with the work. Floor, false ceiling, electrical, hacking of walls all completed liao (1.5 wks only leh, we didn't even rush him, asked him to take his time). So far workmanship is very good. just require them to do some minor touchups and alterations. Do you want to pop by to see the reno?

I'm at very high floor, but still blocked leh... But we thought although blocked, but still must get high floor, at least can see the sky
lame.gif

alex

Hi Adam,
Yup very lively nowadays. Come in more often lar..
happy.gif

Hi Dora,
Need not worry. Can get use to it within a few days. Furthermore high floor is very windy. Recently can even hear the wind sound at night. Sometimes very cold too. Me also from high floor. Very frankly speaking I have turn on the air-con for less than 20x since I move in last year Oct. Only on it more often during April period because very hot season. Dun worry lah…
happy.gif

Urrr… Maybe I also sleep like pig lor…
lame.gif

jean

Hi Ahblur/Tane/everyone
So happy to see this thread !!

Ah blur
I am staying on the 8th floor and have a friend on the 9th
happy.gif
i think my frend has a distant relative who happens to be on the 10th :p

Tane
i think i know ur hubby n u :p "1972".. make any sense to you ?

Everyone
Hi everyone out there.. i have gotten my keys to the unit few mths ago but have yet to renovate.. my unit is in 683A.

meow

Alex,
My electrical has started already. Joseph has already apply the permit but i didn't see him paste it outside our unit leh. Funny
uhoh.gif
Very upset, the workers threw away my pencil which i left it there a day before.
sad.gif

Dora,
You'll get use to it very soon. If i work night shift at my office and when i get to sleep, me too can hear the sound of the train. But it'll pass away very fast one lah. Somemore my office is about 10m from the tracks and its on the 4th level. If you turn on the air-con, i think the sound will be softer too.

Tane and Jean,
Me staying at 683C, should be very close to the 2 of you.

alex

Hi Jean,
Welcome here… Wah you already know some of us here already…
happy.gif

Hi Tane,
So actually you should be the one to welcome us to CCKC right?
lame.gif

Hi All,
Here are the latest update. Hope to see more coming into this thread.

1) Regenite - Regent Grove
2) Charming_Tail – 559
3) Cychang (Paul) / AhBur / Jean Lim(yaya) - 683A
4) Meow – 683C
5) Piggy / Netsnob (SS Yap) / Tane- 684A
6) Priscilla Ng (Pris) – 684B
7) Anxious - 684C
8) Angelia Wong (Angie) - 685B
9) Meggie – 686A
10) Bluz – 686B
11) Sweetiee (Elleon) / Lifetime - 686C
12) Bei Bei - 688A
13) Lonigal / Kirin / Adam Teo– 688B
14) Lyn / Wandererevo (Wai Meng) - 688C
15) Cow - 690A (not confirm, need cow's advice)
16) Ann / SY / Arnold Wee (firefish) / AhMel - 690B
17) Kas / Duchass / Keann / CCK- 690C
18) Damnjian / BubbleBB’s Brother / Milong / Koalabear / Dora- 691B
19) Angelia Ng / Funky Tan- 692A
20) Alex / Doraelin - 692B
21) Pucca75 - 78* series
22) Discrete / Derick / Concern / Irvin / SehLin / Epsilon / Agonyy- ???

alex

Hi Meow,

Maybe check with him lor… As for electrical work, painting, aircon installation no need permit. Except for wet work, wall or tiles hacking, Window Grill installation and etc etc….
happy.gif

Please remember Joseph will apply the permit base on the initial drawing plan. If during half way of the renovation you decided to have additional work, remember to ask him to apply for it again. During my time I have add on additional water feature wall which did not apply for the permit was penalise by HDB during one of the inspection upon 3 months completion of my reno. Luckily they give us chance by re-applying again with back dated application. Another thing to take note must always leave 1 of the ventilation hole from the Boom Shelter accessible. Otherwise will be penalise liao.
happy.gif

If happen that you need to monitor some “critical work” on that day, remember to buy the workers some drinks hor… otherwise they might feel pressure than quality urrr…… PR mah… ha haa haa…
lol.gif

For pencil urrr… no choices leh… Very common everywhere
lame.gif

ahmel

Hi Dora,
When I made up my mind to select CCKC it's alr end june...so no more high floors available for my block
sad.gif
Your ID sounds good. I believe in "yi fen qian, yi fen huo" , so will be very careful with the lowest quote . Appreciate if u could share with me the details of ur ID, and YES
bounce.gif
, would like to check it out , plse advise on where to go 'pop-n-peek' ?
Thank u ! Xie xie !
happy.gif

btw, my email is [email protected]

ahblur

Hi tane,

Wah...tat means the flats there have been there for so long? But farnie wor...when i signed at HDB there the lease started as from July 2002. So considered as 1yr old flat rite? Hmmzz..confusing

Hi AhMel,

Nope, i havent selected any ID/contractor yet...have went to 2 contractors, Everlink and Baroque but not yet confirmed anything. Will prob go to a few more contractors b4 i decide. My fren recommended my Reno 21. I guess i will confirm my contractor somewhere in mid Aug as i will be starting reno in end Aug after the chinese 7th month
happy.gif

Hi Jean Lim,

Wah....u know so mani ppl living at Blk 683A ah...is that y u chose this block? :p That day when i went to my flat i happened to take the same lift as my new neigbour next door...haahaa...prob my neighbour is the distant relative u mentioned?
happy.gif

meow

Alex,
what are the critical works? Think he needs to resubmit the permit again as i'm going to change something. What's that sheet of paper call whenever he comes down he will sign on it and we know he did come down?

Ah Mel, Me jus started reno. So nothing for you to see yet. If you want, i can show you some other time. But you must remind me leh

ahmel

Hi Jean,
Welcome! Happy to see one more person joining in
happy.gif

Hi Alex,
Thanks for updating the list. Hmm...seems that blk 691B is currently top of the list (in terms of no. of occupants in this forum) .

Just curious, were there any gatherings or meet-me-meet-you kind of sessions or activities been organised ? eg. Moon festival, Xmas party, CNY visits etc.

alex

Hi Meow,
For me i define it as wet work. Laying of the tiles. Usually the will lay the tile with reference to the main door.

If KS a bit, than consider to see the painting on 2nd or 3 rd day. Not sure what kind of paint you use, but for certain paint once dried up if need to touch up, you will see patches. Therefore need to re-paint the whole wall. It is better to check before or just after completion of painting than still able to touch up nicely.

Installation of accessories (Toilet and Kitchen) or pictures or rack if there is any. They need to know which is your prefer position.

I think you are referring to the schedule sheet. It stated the milestone and progress of the reno schedule which he can sign on it lor.

For permit thing, better check with him again. I think anything regarding wet work, and hacking etc etc.. need to reapply if there are changes and additional work.

Hi Ahmel,
There was once, Angelia tried to organise but postpone. Maybe will have one in future.

Hi Angelia,
Are you there??

ahmel

Hi Meow,
sounds a little funny, like calling myself ... heh... sometimes i also use the nick 'meow' leh.
Thanks for ur kind offer. Will remember to remind u...
happy.gif

Hi AhBlur,
I also went to Baroque recently , the only one I've talked to so far . hmmm, perhaps we can exchange exchange hor ....
saw in another thread that Space-It is good, and my colleague also recommended Boon Siew who did up her house recently.

meow

Ahmel,
yeah lor. I also feel so. Oh so you were the other person using Meow. No wonder some of them ask me if its me. My name is Cathy mah then colleagues and friends always see me will say meow lor. So i use Meow lah.
happy.gif

Alex,
Thanks! I'm still thinking whether to use their painter after seeing what Joseph show me that day at Sembawang flat lor

alex

Hi Meow,

Huh… you mean you will use different source for painting? My personal feeling is that there might be potential problem. First of all after your aircon piping, cornices, hacking of walls, and electrical work will be painting (which is before wet work if I could remember correctly). If during wet work or carpentry work that dirty your paint work than how? Will your painter come in to touch up for FOC or worst case touch up than stain onto your floor/carpentry?
uhoh.gif
. This is only my personal feeling hor, please no offences.
happy.gif

There are certain sequences of work to be done. Certain work can jump schedule but certain work have to be done first. Maybe you would like to chk with him first.
happy.gif

dora

AhBlur

My ID is Colorado Deco. Its from HDBay. They may be slightly more expensive than the non-HDBay ones ( esp in terms of carpentery). But the workmanship for the tiles is really good, gap is very narrow. (Well I only have the tiles in so far, so that's all I can comment for now). The ID can be a little pushy sometimes, but as long as you know what you want, and let him know, he's ok lah, quite chin chye type. But he hates people who are very calculative type. So if you look like you are chin chye, then he'll be chin chye also. The thing I like abt this guy is he's experienced and he go down to the sites to inspect personally. A lot of my friends have IDs who really only do design. never go down to the site, leave it to the site supervisor whom you have never communicated with.

And also, remember to BARGAIN. Must be real thick skin (its the same for all the IDs that I've been to)

Just to share my quote:

1)Homogenous tiles for living/dining/bombshelter
2)Ceramic tiles for kitchen
3)1/2 length parapet wall for kitchen
4)base for washer/fridge
5)shower kerb for both toilets
6)frameless glass shower screen in MBR toilet
7)false ceiling/L box for Living/Dining/MBR/foyer
8)32 ft (top & bottom)kitchen cabinet (incl sink, cooker and hood) with granite top.
9)feature wall for Bombshelter (incl display shelf)
10)divider cum shoecabinet
11)8 ft wardrobe (sliding door with 1/3 glass)
12)2 bedside table (1 side extend to become dresser, a bit hard to explain here)
13)hack 1/2 height for 2 walls of a bedroom and install glass.
14)Vanity top, top and bottom cabinet (including full mirror and glass shelves) for MBR toilet
15)Laminated floor for 3 BR
16)Change to copper pipes
17)Painting
18)Install bathroom acc and heater.
19)corner TV console for MBR

FH wanted a slim fishtank with wood trimming (The stylo kind, saw it for $500 at marina sq *faint*). He gave us FOC.

This is all I can remember off hand. Contract with FH. Total is almost $28K. We took out the fridge and air-con that was in the original contract.

Doesn't include electricals. Ours worked out to be $1700 cos we have so many downlights (FH simply loves them, so bo bian) Think all IDs don't incl electricals, so you have to budget for that too. If you have a lot of downlights like us, then it would be around this figure. (seriously, we think we have been slightly overcharged for the electricals, will try to bargain for other stuff )

Hope I've been some help.

AhMel

I e-mailed you my contact liao.

ahmel

Meow,
Nono ...
nono.gif
I dun mean using the nick in this forum, but in other occasions. So not me lah . Meow/Mel is a unisex nick . My name is Melvin and most frens just call me mel or ahmel.
happy.gif

ahblur

Hi AhMel,

Baroque was quite ok...but they quoted me bery expensive wor....the walk-in-wardrobe they quoted me was 4k+ and feature wall as arnd 2.4k i think. For Everlink, they quoted me 3.6k for walk-in-wardrobe and 2k for feature wall....thats why i don't really think Baroque is very gd...prob i should ask what kind of wood they using.

Hi Dora,

Your quotation seems quite reasonable lehz...but do they include the haulage n debris removal charges into the quotation?

ahmel

Meow, it's nothing la... sorry to cause u say sorry .... make me paiseh only ...
happy.gif

I think many pple also call u Cat , izit ?

ahmel

Hi Dora,
Your quotation looks good , somemore give u the fishtank FOC. Actually I've also set my eyes on this during recent SmartHome expo , very nice, told my wife I must have it in our new home
happy.gif

Which ID (staff) u work with ? I talked to someone named George in the expo, and they throw many things in their basic package - fridge, aircon, kitchen sink, hood, cooker ...
Can I take a look at your detail list ? Wanna know like what materials used etc .

tane

Seems like i stay here the longest...Welcome all to CCKC!! Hope u all can stand the chicken smell... ;)

Hi Jean
Yaya! I know who u r!! Wow, small world...long time no see. When do u intend to move in?

Hi Meow
Yup, very near, juz the next blk. Your blk seems quite windy hor?

Hi AhBlur
The flats here are vacant for 2 yrs ++ n i think HDB is eager to sell away all the units thus trying to make it appear to be new...and cheaper too.

meow

Ahmel,
Yeah my hubby call me cat, friends too.

Dora,
Your quotation looks very attractive. Too bad i've already sign up with my contractor liao.
happy.gif

Tane,
Very windy meh? Sometimes very hot leh. Too bad my unit is block my the lift, else even more windy. But think it depends on seasons too. Still got the chicken smell meh? I dun smell anything leh, oh maybe the chicken are still sleeping whenever i go there?

dora

Hi AhBlur and AhMel

My ID is Johnson Wang. Tel 90271328 (Colorado Deco). Tell him you are introduced by Mr Kuan (My FH) from CCK. He is actually the manager there and he got quite a few men under him. Maybe cos he's the manager, I find that it's easier for us to negotiate things with him as compared to other ID companies where we were served by the co-ordinators/ designers. He promised to give my friends discounts
happy.gif
I also introduced my collegue. I wouldn't say he gave him an extremely good discount, but he throw in other things like granite kitchen top for the price of solid surface, etc...

Maybe you guys can give him a call and get him to quote you? Looking at my quote is not that accurate cos things I want is not what you want, and the price can differ a lot sometimes. No obligations anyway. (**he can be a bit pushy, so you guys/gals make sure that you are really happy with him before you sign up**) Also helps to compare with other IDs.

FYI, he quoted me abt $1500 for the feature wall at the bombshelter, incl the display "holes". Initially he said $1500 can do any designs except the "holes", but later we say chin chye lah, so he also chin chye lor
happy.gif
So bottom line - must be thick skinned
proud.gif

dora

AhBlur

Sorry forgot to add in, doesn't incl haulage/debris. Will ask him for the receipt to make sure we don't kanna conned
happy.gif

ahblur

Hi tane,

2yrs++ ah.....but funny, cos i signed the title deed the lease starts from July 2002, so means its only 1 yr flat? A bit confused over these things also. So does tat mean in future when we sell the flat it will bring the price down?

And i never smell any chicken smell lehz? At CCK MRT that area i smell b4, but not at Crescent...hmmzz...mabbe i've only been there a few times so havent smelled it b4 :p

Hi Dora,

Wow...ur feature wall only cost 1.5kwith display holes? Thats very cheap already. Everlink quoted me arnd 2k for feature wall with racks inside to put things (but not the display type) and Baroque quoted me 2.4k for the feature wall...*Faint*...guess i should make a trip down to ur ID to check it out
happy.gif

alex

Hi AhBur,

The flat already build more than 2 years ++. Thos brought initially is not from WIS.

As for the deed that we are signing is starts from the day we officially brought the house and not the day where the unit is completed. As what Tane has mentioned since EDB eager to sell off the remaining units, they pull in more effort in marketing such as advertisement and lower down the price. We can see from the recent 2 WIS is that price has been lower dow already.

Remember one of my friend from 692A 16th floor, they are paying S$80k more than our ours, furthermore my unit is far higher than theirs.

No smell too at my block, maybe at higher level can't smell it lor.

ahblur

Hi Alex,

Funny wor....cos i see my lease that i signed, it indicated July 2002 wor....so if u say it starts from the day we officially bought the hse also not correct lehz...*faint*...a bit confusing, mabbe have to go back and check the deed again. Now i only wondering if i sell after 5 yrs will it affect the price anot....since by that time it would be considered as 7+yrs flat?

cutecute

Hi

I live at CCK Dr, the highest floor, 20th, also can smell the chicken smell, so I have to close all my windows. can't stand it.... hehehee...
When I moved to Yew Tee, I could not get use to this place because it is not as convenience as in town. Have to take bus 302 in order to go to the market or other places. My transport $ also increase. Last time when I stay in town, everything is convenience. After staying for abt 8 mths, I have already used to it loh.
happy.gif

ahmel

Hi Dora,
It is nice to meet u and ur family this morning at ur unit. Thanks for all the advices and tips given!
happy.gif
The workmanship for the tiling do look good too, hope to have a good session with Johnson tomorrow .

Hi AhBlur,
Baroque quoted me 1.7K for the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">'box-up for shelter with laminate finish'</FONT> . Is this considered as a feature wall also ? Maybe urs have additional design or something ... Anyway are u meeting Dora's ID ? I'm going tomorrow afternoon to discuss with them .

meow

Hi cutecute,
Think since all say can smell the chicken smell, i better take note of that. I'm staying now near CCK MRT, but still dun smell anything like what others has say. Maybe i'm used to it since i stay here for 12yrs liao

ahmel

Hi cutecute,
Which block are u in ?
This morning when I visited blocks in my vicinity, I took in some 'deep breaths' but dun seem to smell any chicken smell leh .... maybe timing and wind direction plays a part...
happy.gif

ahmel

*phew* ... finally finished reading all archived postings in this thread . Excited upon learning there are soccer-lovers esp Man U supporters - Alex, Angelia's hubby and Ann
happy.gif

Can't wait for next season of EPL to start !
Mahjong and PS2 are also my interests.
Hope to find some kakis in future after moving in .
Eyes very tired liao .... gotta go koon alr .

dora

Hi AhMel

It was nice meeting you to. Hope that you have a good session with Johnson too. Selecting reno is a big headache so I'll be glad if I can be of any help
happy.gif
Told him to give you a good price, if not next time don't dare to intro pple to him liao.
happy.gif
Let me know the outcome of your meeting?

ahblur

Hi AhMel,

Me not going to Dora's ID yet...becos last weekend was with Baroque discussing the quotation to see what was the best offer they can give us. Prob will go the one Dora recommended and also Reno21 (whom my fren recommended) this coming weekend.
happy.gif

So hows ur discussiong with the ID? Have they given u a quotation already? Care to share how the quotation is like? :p

alex

Hi CuteCute,

Hmmm... I think i must take deeper breath to smell it liao. Frankly speaking have not notice it since last year Oct i shifted in.
lame.gif

AhMel,

You also like PS2. Me too.... At least there is someone to exchange game in future liao...
bounce.gif
. Majong also no problem. I believed Angelia and hubby also PS cum Majong siao... keep in contact hor...

epsilon

Eh aunty angelia,

you block 685 right? i most likely pick that block too
happy.gif
you and i really fated. you are the one who started me on hosting for couples here and now i will be lviing in the same block as you! eh, dont drip drip with your wet clothes if you stay above me.

the only thing i am not giving that place a five star is because there are no shops nearby except for a 7-11 down the road and the ntuc coffeshop. maybe next time when i go to the shops , i will inform you just in case you need to tompang something and vice versa.

hi all cck gang,

do you guys ever like meet outside all together for coffee or for some activities?

cheers

epsilon

beibei

epsilon,

I think angelia lives in 691 or 692 series.
happy.gif

I have been to angelia and alex'hses last year for house visiting.

alex

Hi Epsilon,
Angelia is living at 692A. By the way Did you decided on which Block? Tried going there in the day/night time. You will be able to make a better comparison lor. Good Luck

Hi beibei,
Glad to hear from you again. How's life?

Hi All,
Here are the latest update:\

1) Regenite - Regent Grove
2) Charming_Tail – 559
3) Cychang (Paul) / AhBur / Jean Lim(yaya) - 683A
4) Meow – 683C
5) Piggy / Netsnob (SS Yap) / Tane- 684A
6) Priscilla Ng (Pris) – 684B
7) Anxious - 684C
8) Epsilon – 685 series (Need confirmation)
9) Angelia Wong (Angie) - 685B
10) Meggie – 686A
11) Bluz – 686B
12) Sweetiee (Elleon) / Lifetime - 686C
13) Cutecute – 687C
14) Bei Bei - 688A
15) Lonigal / Kirin / Adam Teo– 688B
16) Lyn / Wandererevo (Wai Meng) - 688C
17) Cow - 690A (not confirm, need cow's advice)
18) Ann / SY / Arnold Wee (firefish) / AhMel (Melvin) - 690B
19) Kas / Duchass / Keann / CCK- 690C
20) Damnjian / BubbleBB’s Brother / Milong / Koalabear / Dora- 691B
21) Angelia Ng / Funky Tan- 692A
22) Alex / Doraelin - 692B
23) Pucca75 - 78* series
24) Discrete / Derick / Concern / Irvin / SehLin / Agonyy- ???

beibei

alex,

hihihi!!
happy.gif

me just got married early last month and been living at yew tee for abt a month.Quite used to the life already...
happy.gif

pearl

HI...nice to see all my neighbour in this thread.

I am staying at Blk 689A ,I get my house key on Aug 2000 and have done all the renovation work. but i staying there for 2 yr oredi, but during this 2 yr we only stay on weekend, we will move in this dec after my customary..hope to see all of yours soon.

have a good day!!!

pearl