Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

L

lifetime

Hi I just got my flat and now doing renovation. Realised that the place is abit quiet in the nite and can be quite scary. My block i think is only about 30%+ fill up. Any neighbours round here?

Lifetime

lyn

Hi Lifetime

I'm also staying there but I got my flat at the beginning of this year. I agree with you that it is quite quiet at night. I think my block is less than 50% occupied, although I have 2 neighbours staying on my floor. The flat next to mine is even renovated yet.

Which block did u choose?

L

lifetime

Hi Lyn, my block is 686c. It is just beside the open space next to the warehouse of sungei kadut. I often see those workers walking through the open space to the MRT and sometime at night when I go over to check the renovation work of my new house i ve seen foreign workers loitering near the area. Do you encounter these stuff? Which block you staying? And how is the place?

Hmm....maybe we could gather a few CCKC "click" from this forum! : )

lyn

I'm at 688C. I don't see any foreign workers loitering, maybe because my block is further away from the warehouses. But I know what you mean because I took a walk along the canal one evening and saw workers walking through the grass patch.

So far, I like the place. Although a bit quiet but it doesn't really bother us as we are usually home by 6:30pm and seldom go out after that. Now that there is a new 7-11 nearby, we sometimes go down for a stroll and ice-cream.

Any more CCKC neighbours here besides the 2 of us???!!!

R

regenite

HI i'm staying at regent grove. that's at CCK Nth 7. just moved here and really love it. did you guys go see the warren open hse?

L

lifetime

Regent grove. My aunt is staying there, quite a nice place and the price is OK. I m now doing my house at CCKC so never thought of going to warren.
! maybe next time all the CCKC click that gather here can go over to your place for BBQ!

Lifetime

doodbug

hi regenite,

i went to see the warren. thought the layout of the smaller showflat is alot better than the bigger showflat. my gdness, for the pocation i thought the warren was very reasonably priced.

bluz

hi all

me stay in cck too 686b...near Lifetime.
happy.gif
but didnt realise theres a warehse so near...we r the only one on this level currently...kekeke
my new flat two blks away too!

L

lifetime

Hi Blur, so do u know that alot of cheap furniture can actually be get from those warehse? There are Iciban, Novena hse, malandes, etc...
So there actually more then the two of us, lyn.
happy.gif

And doodbug u also in CCKC?

Lifetime

elleon

Hi Lifetime,

Hey hey hey, we just selected the same block as you! Still waiting for the keys. Erm, anyway, my wedding's approaching so we're taking our own sweet time to renovate since we can stay at the in-laws' place first? Have you already shifted in? Maybe I can get to know you better... I find the area quiet but I personally like it. Dun worry, soon you'll have company!
proud.gif

bluz

hi lifetime..

me bluz leh..not blur...hehe
oh! u mean those warehse...yaya..but at least some distance away rite? u make it like its jus beside your blk & this morning i look around our area & was wondering which warehse u mean...hehehe..

do u buy ur furnitures there? r they relatively cheaper than their retail stores?

L

lifetime

Blur, actually i got all of my furniture from exibition. Really think they are cheaper there. But spend alot of time at a few exibition. I went down to the warehse and yes there are some good buy there but i think some of them is still pretty much the same as outside and no free gift. You know lah...
happy.gif
expo always got discount. hee hee

lyn

Hmmm...seems like we're having more and more neighbours and can form the CCKC gang! I did not go and see those warehouses, too. Most of my furniture were from Cellini.

L

lifetime

Dong Dong Dong!!!! Is yu guys and gals still not back from the holiday??
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi all</FONT>

me juz got a unit at CCKC last fri (WIS)... me staying at 692A
happy.gif

anyone else??? come here share share ideas &amp; chit-chat leh ...

sweetiee

Hi angelia,

It's me! So you're going to be at CCKC as well. Great! I'm at 686C actually. Across the road. Currently doing reno - planning to shift in next month. Next time you can come over for a cup of tea liao.
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Sweetiee</FONT>

wah, so "gum"
happy.gif
.. ya ya, i'll ask hubby to go over together for tea (can?) and pick a few tips from ur reno...
wink.gif

hubby currently in japan and will be back only end of this mth...

aiyo, i tell u, that day i rush like mad!! cos hubby flew to japan on tues nite, and they announce on wed!!! *fuming* then i gotta make most decisions myself *sob* i nearly freak out!!

but lucky i survived
crazy.gif
. though i didn't manage to get the unit i wanted (cos only got 2, the other few at 2-4 storey and hubby dun wan), gd enuff to manage to select 1...

hmmm.. maybe i shld start another thread on Yew Tee / CCK or shld i ask our dear administrator, <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Chin Leng</FONT> to change the title of this thread?!

sweetiee

Hi Angelia,

Sorry was out for meeting for a while... hence the late reply.
happy.gif

Yes, yes, but my reno will only be done by next month... so the earliest I can invite you over will be end June.
happy.gif
Your hubby can come too, then he can chat with my hubby mah.
happy.gif
Reno tips... hee... no problem.
happy.gif

So which floor will you be staying? When will you get the keys? Actually we viewed that area as well but becoz we're getting 4-room, so all the 4-rooms left were the corridor units and we din quite fancy lor.

Never mind lah, if we chit chat here more often I'm sure more ppl will join us later.
proud.gif

ann

Hi all,

I just got my flat on Fri too...Blk 690B

Angelia - We may have bumped into each other in the queue :p

The sector is a bit quiet. Think after last fri and coming 20th (next WIS), may be more people living in that sector.

My FH and I are currently scouting for renovation ideas as well as designers. We may be able to exchange ideas.

Because of the flat, I have to bring fwd my wedding from Sep 2003 to Jan 2003.

It's a HUGE challenge.

Keep in touch.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Sweetie,</FONT>
aiya, never mind, maybe we can pop in when u go to "inspect" the reno works?
happy.gif

ya, the corridor units in blks 691x - 692x are all 4-room.. the coners are 5-room units. my mum and i visited 3 of their "sample unit" (1 4-rm, 1 5-rm, 1 exec).

initially i oso considering 4-rm, but they very small leh, only 90m sq.
sad.gif
maybe i too used to the old flat, though 4-rm still as big, if not bigger, than the current 5-rm.

hehe, maybe u'r rite. if we chat here more often, then more pple will join in. oh, our unit is on level 15.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Ann</FONT>
hey, u oso there last Fri?! what's ur Q no.? mine's 222 leh... number very nice hor?
happy.gif
then my unit no. oso got 2 one leh!!!hahaha...

u got 4 or 5-rm or exec unit? i dun rem did i went to view 690B flat leh... do they hv a sample unit there?

u can start scouting, i still gotta wait for hubby to come back from japan, which is end of this mth.
sad.gif
hope we can get it in time for our customary in Nov 2002.

aiya, u bring fwd ur wedding bcos of flat, i bcos of wedding die die oso must get a flat... cos hubby is m'sian, so if no flat, actual day dunno fetch me to where??..... then i dun quite like the idea of fetching me to hotel lor... then photos won't hv our "lovenest" liao..
wink.gif

sweetiee

Hi Angelia and Ann,

Good morning!
happy.gif

Hee, Angelia, my 4-room is only 85 sqm. Very small hor? Hiya, but we're lazy lah, smaller means less housework too. Hee...
biggrin.gif
Also cheaper for renovation.

So your hubby malaysian? Will you need to have a banquet in Malaysia then? Coz many of my frenz do that.

Me different from you gals... take our own sweet time to do the flat. I married liao but currently stay at the in laws'. In fact we got the keys earlier but just scouting for the contractors took us around half a year. hee... very fussy hor. Actually budget is a big concern lah. You know, dun really want to spend too much.
happy.gif

Ann, dun worry, you can do it. In fact we planned our wedding around half a year's time too. Only planned to get married around last Apr and then now everything is done with... my wedding was in Jan this year. Maybe ppl like me must work within a shorter timeframe then more efficient. Too used to deadlines... hee...
happy.gif

ann

Hi Angelia,

My queue no. was 187. I got an Exec flat. Unit No. has an 8 too. haha

We initially wanted a 4-room...got the brochures, saw the 5-room and Exec.

Decided on Exec jointly. Thot the space wld be nice...intend to have friends over as often as possible.

Hi Sweetiee,

Thanks for the assurance. Will let u know more when I pull thru this wkend.

Deciding on the interior company and banquet venue.

In the meantime, take care
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Sweetie</FONT>
huh? 85m sq only?! i tot 90 oready very small.
sad.gif

yes, we'll be hving another dinner in Seremban the following wkend. luckily it's Hari Raya Puasa so not too rush
happy.gif

*sign* dun think we can hv that kind of luxury - search contractor for half a yr... i was wondering how i shld start going to the ID firm?! do i bring my flr plan to them and ask them to roughly come up with some design and estimates? will they do it FOC?

oh, how much did u spend on the reno (exclude furniture)? cos we set aside abt 30K, then 10K for furniture, is it enuff for a 5-rm flat?

so we're 35 pple apart!! what time u went to Q? i reach there abt 8:20am leh.. oready Q until the roadside oready. luckily the weather is gd.

gd for u, at least can discuss on the spot. *hiaz*
the exec cost abt 300+ rite? i oso thought of that, but scared my daddy nag nag nag... say "buy so expensive for what, 2 person only, dun need so big.. blah.. blah.. blah..."

haha, u like to hv frenz over huh? then ask <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Sweetie</FONT> and me lah. we so near
biggrin.gif

i went to HDB site to check, and realise the units on my level all taken up liao.. haha, at least not so "cold" at that level...

good luck wif ur search, and dun forget to keep me posted leh.. might come in handy for me...

sweetiee

Hi Angelia,

Ya lor, very small. That's why we're hacking one bedroom and combine the two rooms. We're spending around $15k for reno, then around $10K for furnitures and some appliances. But my hubby has a friend at Blk 692A or B (can't remember) who spent $30k for a 4-room. I guess it really depends on how much you want to do. $30K is quite comfortable lah. You can approach White Space Living. They're very professional and not pushy at all. I've met them and really liked the idea they proposed. Have also seen one of the place they've done in CCK, not bad at all. Think that owner spent around $30K+ for their 5-room. So can be done.
happy.gif

Well, just a tip, when you go visit contractors/ID, pls give them a lower budget to work with. For eg, since you're planning to spend around $30k, tell them $25K instead. Coz frankly many ppl will try to stretch it and they may quote you $35K if you tell them $30K... hope this helps. Well well, it's a really competitive world out there. Dun rush into making any hasty decisions. A lot of them really mark up a great deal and wait for you to bargain with them. One party quoted us $26K and when I told them we're not going with them, she said maybe she can try to give us $22k. Then 2 days later she said $20k. Can you imagine!

ann

Hi Angelia &amp; sweetie,

Well, when we make friends...&amp; my hse is ready, can come over and chit chat over ice-cream or kopi/teh :p

Yep, the exec is $300+. There are 4 other units on the same floor. One was taken before we chose ours. So I will have a neighbour too.

Anyway, I am on #16. Heard that more units were taken up during the weekend. Maybe my blk...maybe ur blks
happy.gif

Well, think the place shd be rather occupied soon. There will be a queue for the 20th WIS.

Keep in touch
happy.gif

angelia

hehehe... now i noe even ID company oso can bargain... gd.. will bear in mind ur tip (give lower budget and bargain..)

ya lor, i think mostly oso depends on what we want to do. i think simple is beauty.. dun like too elaborate one.. a home is a place where u go back and rest, so i think the most impt thing is it must be COMFORTABLE.

wonder if HDB will open up other clusters for 2nd WIS??

ur level only unit 96 not taken leh.. so u hv 2 neighbours liao
happy.gif

maybe next time we can even go marketing together
biggrin.gif

angelia

thanks for the recommendation. will pay them a visit after my hubby's back
happy.gif

sweetiee

Hi Angelia &amp; Ann,

Angelia, depends on which one you go to actually - some can bargain some will be harder. Some will ask you if you're willing to compromise on some materials then they can give you a better price. Well, just watch out for every detail lor, make sure they list all the materials as detailed as possible.
happy.gif

Yup, for our case, it's quite minimalistic, not doing a lot. So cut cost here and there.
happy.gif

Hey when I've my housewarming, I'll not forget to invite you gals over!
biggrin.gif

angelia

hmm.... point noted. it's gd to hv someone who've gone thru to share experience.
happy.gif

ya, sure, prob <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Alfred</FONT> will be surprised to see me at ur housewarming
biggrin.gif

alex

Hi Angelia and Sweetie,

Thanks for your message at the other end which I have post this monring.

I just got a unit at blk 692B,5rm.

I have selected my flat through RFS system last month. Will be getting the keys by mids of Jun 02, I guess. Currently, me and my wife are looking for ID contractor. Very headache now... Any recommendation? Quite interested in ID firm such as "el-fa design &amp; contracts", "rezt&amp;relax" and "space at home". Anybody have experience with them before?

Below is a summary for "who at which blocks", hope not to miss out anyone.

1) regenite - regent grove
2) bluz - 686B
3) lifetime - 686C
4) Elleon 686C
5) Lyn - 688C
6) Ann - 690B
7) Sweetie - 686C
8) Angelia - 692A
9) myself, Alex - 692B

Hope to hear from more neighbours...

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Alex</FONT>
welcome aboard! my hubby's fren oso staying at Blk 692B.
biggrin.gif

i tot the RFS oready stopped? how come still get to select last mth? is urs the last batch? good for u, can collect keys in Jun, for me, i oso dunno when can collect. still gotta wait for hubby to come back
happy.gif
cos need to change his status from "occupier" to "applicant" 1st b4 keys collection, else need to pay charges.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">regenite, bluz, lifetime, elleon, lyn</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="ff0000">where are you?!?! come join us leh....</FONT>

lyn

Hello angelia and everyone

I'm still around. Glad to know more people who are staying at CCK Cres!

lyn

alex

Hi Angelia,

As far from what I know from HDB, last month's RFS selection was just before the WIS. This is to give to priority to those who are still in RFS queue.

Hope this information helps.

sweetiee

Hi Angelia and Alex...

Oops, let me clarify... actually elleon is also me. But the other time no one responded so I din continue using that nick...
embarrassed.gif

Alex, I've recommended White Space Living to Angelia... Think they're quite professional and friendly. Can look Derrick or Thomas up at 63233139.
happy.gif

Hi Lyn,

Welcome back...
happy.gif
So how long have you been staying at 688C? It's a nice and quiet area rite?
happy.gif

alex

Hi Sweetie (Elleon)

Thanks for your recommendation. I will try to contact White Space Living, this weekend. Would like to compare pkg offer. Also need to save some $$ for my traditional wedding and furnitures...

lyn

Hi Sweetiee

I've been staying there for exactly 1 year already. For the first 2 months, we stayed there only during the weekends as we did not have our own car to bring my baby over to my in-laws in the mornings. As I wasn't very happy staying at my in-laws, I pestered hubby to buy a car so that we can shift out. He agreed and we've been staying there eversince July.

Yup, it's a nice and quiet area and that's the reason why I love it so much. It's a bit exclusive but yet, not too far from the facilities at Yew Tee MRT station.

Lyn

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Lyn</FONT>
glad u'r still around.
happy.gif
where are ur in-laws staying?

so u (hubby) drives. is there any chance u know how far to walk to the MRT from ur blk? <FONT COLOR="119911">then i try to minus 5 mins and that will be the time needed to walk fr Blk 692A to the MRT, hehehe.</FONT> hubby's fren told us 10-15 mins, but dun think he tried it before cos he's also driving....

i'll ask hubby to go try together when he's back.
5063.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Alex</FONT>
hehehe... u going this wkend huh? can keep me posted? cos i need to wait for hubby lah..
biggrin.gif

so when's ur customary? mine's end Nov this yr... any chance it's ard the same time?

lyn

Hi angelia

My in-laws are staying at Kranji, just a 5-10 mins drive away. So far, we've walked to the MRT once or twice. I think it took us about 15-20 mins...we walked through those blk of flats opp ours. But we took a longer time cos we had to carry the pram up and down the steps.

Lyn

sweetiee

Hi Alex,

You're welcome... anytime you need advices, feel free to check with me...*thick-skinned*
crazy.gif

Hey Lyn,

Yup that's the exact reason why we pick this area too. Quiet and yet not too far from the main MRT station. Dun quite like the idea of LRT at Bt Panjang... so we decided to settle with CCKC.
happy.gif

I read that you've a baby girl... How old is she now? Must be adorable.
happy.gif

Hi angelia,

Me and my hubby has tried walking from our block to Yew Tee MRT, it's around 15 mins walk. Ok lah, quite good exercise. To and fro actually made us prespire a little.;p When we drove, he actually used the car meter and calculate, from the traffic light at Yew Tee MRT to our block is around 600 metres. I think yours will be nearer coz our block is right at the end.
happy.gif

ann

Hi all,

More and more neighbours...that's great! Liven this place up.

I jus confirmed my ID company recommended by HDbay.

Got the flat on Fri, was scouting ard. Been to 4 altogether.

Finally got a call from Corsini at Jalan Pemimpin @ Bishan.

Well, the Managing Dir actually attended to us and was rather interested in taking on the project (our flat) herself.

I will be getting the drawings in 2 weeks time. She has accomodated to our ideas for the house and has given diff ideas as well.

Maybe any of u wld like to put this down as a choice to narrow down ur choices
happy.gif

Talk to u all again tomorrow nite.

alex

Hi Ann,

Could you share with me which are the ID company recommended to you by HDbay.

I am currently sourcing for more ID firm for comparison.

On hand I have "el-fa design &amp; contracts", "rezt&amp;relax" and "space at home".
Sweetie recommended "White Space Living". I am more to a bit of "K.S" type hee....

Hi Angelia,

Yesterday just got an assignment, need to fly to Malaysia this weekend. Therefore won't be able to visit "White Space Living" this weekend. Maybe next week. I'll keep you inform.

My customary will be end of next year. My parents a bit "pang dang". They mentioned that this year is not suppose to be good for me ( born in the year of rat).

Hi Sweetie,

Thanks for your kind advice...

angelia

haha, hubby oso dun like the idea of LRT that why he "die die" oso dun wan Bt Panjang.
happy.gif

hehehe.. hubby will be pleased to hear that the dist is not far... he perspire a lot, so if too far, prob will get sick easily (perspire then board MRT - hot then cold!!)

oh, i've checked with my fren who owns an ID firm, he mentioned that it'll cost ard $4k juz for ID for 5-rm. is this consider ex? he said he do hv contacts for contractors, and can get a quote but they dun come as a pkg lor....

btw, i'm still confused by what an ID firm does. can someone tell me more?

lyn

Morning Sweetiee...

The LRT was also the reason why we didn't want to choose Bt Panjang altho they had the Design &amp; Build flats there.

My girl is 20 months old already...no more a baby but a toodler
happy.gif
She's very cute but very naughty, too. Always insist on her own ways.

Lyn

bubblebb

Hi Alex,
Who did you liaise with In EL-FA? My house was done up by Joseph few years back. He is a very patient and down to earth guy. I have recommended him to a few of my colleagues and they were all very pleased with his work. However, I must admit he is not the very creative type so dun expect very fanciful designs. Thumbs up for their carpentary work. Good quality.

Coincidentatlly, my brother owns a 5 rm unit at Blk 691B 24th Floor (corner unit). He has selected his flat 1 - 2 years back and has just finished his renovation. The furnitures are not in yet. Probably moving in 1 - 2 mths time. His designer also in IMM but I didn't ask him for the shop name. Will check with him and advise.

alex

Hi BubbleBB

Coincidentally, I have spoke to Joseph too. Recently just gave him my floor plan. Might be able to received some proposal from him next week.

As what you have mentioned, I do agree that he is patient. But no comments on his design (have not received any proposal yet). Is the pricing reasonable compare to ID Firm? Seems like Ex.

Is it possbile to share with me the quotation he provided to you? Just wanna to do some homework/comaprison before making decision.

My e-mail:\ [email protected]

Thanks...

sweetiee

Hi Angelia,

Basically I feel that an ID firm advises more on the overall design and concept and they're able to provide you with better suggestions on overall colour co-ordination and stuff like that... A contractor would normally just take instructions but they'd be able to advise you well on the material usage and stuff like that. Some ID firms don't charge design fee... like for White Space, they offer design consultation w/o obligation, and if you confirm to use them, as long as the whole contract is at least $15,000, then the design fee will be waived.

Hi Lyn,

So cute... this is a fun stage isn't it?
happy.gif
I recall when my parents used to take care of my elder niece, I had loads of fun with her. Wish I can go play with your girl some day...
happy.gif
Are you working? Is your mum helping to take care of her?

p/s: BTW angelia and alex, my nick is "Sweetiee" spelt with an extra "e" hor... sorry, a bit particular since I think there's a Sweetie around this forum too.;p

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Sweetiee</FONT>
Oops, so sorry, i didn't take note.
lame.gif
will remember to put two "e" from now on...
happy.gif

lyn

Hi Sweetiee

Yup, it's fun playing with my girl now. She's beginning to understand things and can say more words.
happy.gif
But when she's in a bad mood or doesn't get what she wants...it's a different story altogether!

I'm working and my FIL is taking care of her.

Hey, now that you're married, are u planning for a baby yet?
happy.gif

Lyn

sweetiee

Hi Lyn,

I know... I've 2 cute nieces so I know how things can be with the little ones...
happy.gif

Yup... got plans... hee...
happy.gif
How abt you? When are you thinking of having the 2nd one?;p

Hi angelia &amp; Alex,

No worries...
happy.gif