CCK Crescent

coolman

Hello CCK Crescent Residents,

I just gotten a flat at CCK Crescent during the recent WIS. My blk is 686B. I m veri exicited n looking forward to get my key so that can start my renovation..

However... some of my colleagues give bad comments on CCK area which make me veri sian..

There is some construction on the canal. Anyone have any idea what they are doing? Also will u smell any "chicken smell" on some nearby chicken farm?

I have read the Choa Chu Kang/Yew Tew thread. Everyone seem to be enjoying staying there which is a relief to mi. Mi n my bf have visited to CCK Crescent ourselves during the selection of our flat. We quite like the area as the surrounding is nice, quiet n windy. Furthermore it is 10min walking distance to Yew Tew MRT. The layout of the flat is squarish and quite big.

I hope to get some personal experience n maybe some photo of ur hse deco. Most important to get to know u gals and guys up there... : )

shin_yan

Hi Serene,
I live in 683B. My only complain for CCK Crescent is it quite far from city and my workplace. But during weekends and my free time, it quite nice and quiet. The CCK gym is nearby and the Yewtee foodcourt is quite good.

since you are renovating soon, you can walk to Sungei Kadut for furniture shopping.

Yes, smell of chicken shit during some rainy days. not really a concern to me, since i am working during the daytime. even though there's no aircon at home, i can't smell them. don't worry.

lizzy9981

hi, i live in cck cres with my parents. so far the neighborhood is rather peaceful and like what shinyan has mentionde, the chick shit is not always there. v v seldom will ve, i live here for ard 4 - 5 yr liao. downside is a long way to mrt stn and marketplace, so quite troublesome duirng rainy days. but overall, the pple here r rather refined n nice. =) hope tis ll put ur mind at ease

yukishiro

I live at blk 514 which is very convenient with a park and market nearby, and walking distance to CCK Mrt Station. People over-exaggerated on the chick shit smell. I've never smell it before.

I like the peaceful living environment here. But alas, I got to sell my 5I flat cos of my divorce. However, I don't know why its so hard to sell. Been marketing my flat since June but not a single viewing at all. Thot the problem lies with my 1st agent so I've changed to another but still no viewing. Any1 here got any ideas what should i do? Should I change another agent? But changing agent will tie me up with another 3 months that i cant deal with other agents. Any good advice?

lizzy9981

hi yuki, i think if ur agent is irresponsible, i think shld change agent. i recently got an agent which i find thru the net to help me look for flats, also rather irresponsible and v procastinate. but if like wad u say, this 2nd agent is responsible, then i tink can dun change. i live in cck cres too and i realize that a lot of pple sellin their hse below valuation. i think is cos of the bad location... v inaccessible to town n a lot of places... nvtheless, i wish u all the best 2 find a right own at a price u desire!!! =)

yukishiro

but my current (2nd) agent has stop advertising on papers since already reached the 3 months exclusive contract. Should I call him? All he does for marketing is advertising on papers. More aggressively in the beginning then stretch longer period. Maybe bcos no response so he doesn't want to waste $. Agree, too far from town. I used to stay at East Coast and took me just 10 mins to drive to Suntec comparing to now of at least 1/2hour, manouvering the numerous expressway. I'm not sure is it bcos of location bcos when i buy this resale flat 5 years ago, the flats here are in very high demand leh! Take me a long time to find flat at all 51X blocks which dont command any cash outlay. Dunno what happen now, some more i'm selling at S$270K only. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed!

lizzy9981

hi yuki, no worries, i believe all things will work out to be fine eventually. maybe u can advertise on ur own cos i think most pple do not like to go thru agent cos of the high commission thingy.. just my 2 cents worth. yup, i think is the location cos when my bf drive me home as compared to the mrt, the time difference not v big too, esp if got traffic jam, lagi worse. nvm, i m sure there ll b pple who like yew tee too, like my frens who r aiming for YT and they bought quintet. hope all these helps u!

keiki

hi serene! i'm at 683c, reno's complete but we'll only be moving in after our AD in march. when's ur AD?
happy.gif

we go there to stay over on wkends and it's nice and peaceful there, apart from the construction going on now argh hahaa
havn't really smelt chicken shit yet tho... ;P
the only thing is the distance from town...
hey shin yan, so u live juz at the block next to mine
happy.gif

serene, i posted some pix of my home here: http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/127450.html?1103269766

coolman

Hi Keiki,

Nice cosy love nest u have.
I also love Barang Barang funiture but too exp. How u know when there are Barang Barang warehouse sales?? n where is the warehouse located at?? see if there is any warehse sale next year, i will go there shop shop for my funiture.. keke...

Know that your whole reno cost 18K. Care to share what is included in ur reno?

I been sourcing for contractors. So far the cheapest is around 17K scared me abit.
Seem quite cheap...
human is a strange creature.. too cheap leh, will make us doubt on the contractor. too exp, will make us grumble n grumble... sigh...

nyny

hi
i have been staying at yew tee for few years. rented flats unit at 656, 612 and 690C before. now bought a unit near yew tee mrt station.

my experience on CCK crescent was quiet and nice place to stay though it's a bit far from MRT station. :p don't worry, not much chick shit smell.
i suffered the smell when i stayed at 612. almost every weekend i could smell it.
happy.gif

keiki

hi serene, thanks! barang barang warehouse sale very often... they juz had one last wkend... they'll usually send me emails, or u can lookout for ads in life section... think this yr no more. their warehouse is at senoko ave or smth, in woodlands industrial estate area... they actually haf another depot store at downtown east, but i've never been there before so dunno if it's any good.

reno cost - it's true - one contractor whom i found rather expensive and irritating, kept chanting to me, "cheap is not good, good is not cheap"... coz u pay for the quality of material... but if u do ur sums and separate the needs from the wants, can actually save quite a bit.
happy.gif

e $18k covers:
1) flooring (slate for foyer, homogeneous for kitchen, ceramic for living, dark parquet for BR)
2) wetworks
3) kitchen cabinets
4) walk in wardrobe
5) MBR bathroom (frameless glass screen and vanity)
6) window grille
7) aircon
8) lights
9) painting
10) simple shelving for living and mbr in recess area
some items were done by one contractor, some others we sourced and coordinated ourselves...
happy.gif

keiki

forgot to add, i used ceramic instead of homogeneous for the living room and saved about $700, which was used to overlay the tiles in both bathrooms.
happy.gif
and actually i prefer ceramic now that i haf tried both, coz it doesn't leave stains when u walk on it while floor is half dry...
and one more thing which i didn't do, but most other ppl have, is the solid surface top for the kitchen. i hardly cook and didn't see the need to spend the extra $1,000 over to do it... so my kitchen surface is made of laminate - the kind that old homes may still have. (i made the decision after seeing how lasting the laminate is in 2 relatives' homes i visited, both over 20 years and one with heavy cooking almst everyday)

also if u wanna cut reno cost, reduce carpentry works...
happy.gif

coolman

keiki, tks for sharing wif me ur reno info.

I also planning to do a WIW with the the aluminum shelving, sliding door n wall mount mirror from IKEA.

How much is ur WIW? U have photo of ur WIW?
My email address: [email protected]

I am planing to do parquet or laminate for my MBR. But still wondering which one is nicer n durable. My MBR will be ZEN style.

My kitchen concept will be country style which will cost me the most with the country style cabinet, solid top and country style flooring.

I will be getting my key on Feb 05 and start my reno on Mar 05. Hope to get the reno done on Jun. My AD will held be Sept 05. Next year will be a busy year for me. keke...

keiki

hi serene,
i haf pix of WIW, but can only send to u tomoro earliest, will do so then
happy.gif
mine's alumix, and i got it from the ch*plin, the sister company of alumix distributor, zh*plin. (replace * with a)

i chose parquet over laminate coz i dun like the hollow feeling when i step on laminate, but to each her own
happy.gif
and i had mind tinted darker colour coz i dun like the ordinary parquet colour...

if u likt country style kitchen, there's a very very nice shop at the shopping centre opposite ikea (anchorpoint?) it's at the basement or 1st fl and they've got lovely country stuff... nicer than ikea!
happy.gif

riksnake

Hi Keiki, I love your sink and tap in you bath room, I saw the same sink for LakeShore condo showroom for their bathroom. I just wonder if you take notice how ID hide your pipes away exposing only the bear minimum. I seen many that are not able to hide those pipes well! Esp those in HDB. Any comments?

keiki

hi riksnake! um my contractor didn't hide e pipes leh, i tink it juz didn't show in the picture :p coz hiding it would mean boxing it up, which means additional cost - and we decided not to do it...
happy.gif
juz make other parts nicer so people will notice the nice things and forget about the not so nice ones.. hahaa my sink cost just $100. from simsiang choon sale...

riksnake

Hi Keiki,
No! your photo did show the pipe, what I am refering to is that most HDB flats' bathroom are badly done up due to too many pipes. It is really hard to find one that is nicely done like your's, despite the pipe it is well blend into the bathroom rather then an eyesaw. Bathroom of condo have a much better anyway, that's why I am hoping to gather great design for HDB bathroom (post in another thread). Too bad its not having many respond. Thanks for sharing the sink supplier.

coolman

Hi Hi...

Long time never visit this thread liao.. Been busy searching for ID firm and hotel banquet. Finally source a hotel banquet which is within my budget and the package is attractive. Now still sourcing for the ID firm.

Really hope to see more CCK residents in this thread. Keke...

apostles

good morning everyone,

Hi to all of you. I will be staying at CCK crescent, Yew Tee blk 690B by the end of the year.

Wow Keiki, your renovations is really reasonable. good price you've got. can i take a look at your house pixs.:)

I am happy to see that quite many newly weds are staying around here. a young and vibrant neighbourhood. hehehe..

apostles

Hi Keiki,

Nice and intimate place you have got.Maybe next time when i shift to Yew Tee, I will visit your house and you come by mine. house hopping visits. ehhehe....

Yours is a five room or five room exec??

coolman

Hi Keiki,

Thanks for the photo. I like the lamp that is mount to the wall beside ur bathroom. But how come the wire is dangling? You did not conceal the wire. Is this the only light in ur WIW? Is it bright enough? Do u have a door for ur WIW?

I am planning to do a sliding door for my WIW as dun wan too much dust to get inside.

Next time during my reno, can go visit visit u when u move in. Congradulation for ur incoming wedding in March.. Enjoy urself.. Where u going for ur honeymoon?

keiki

hi blursotong, thanks! mine's five room... yah muz tell us when ur home is ready!
happy.gif

hi serene, that lamp was from chatuchak in bangkok, last minute decided to put it up haha it's the only light in my wiw... not that bright but so far i get by ok... no door for wiw coz we were trying to cut cost. but would be good to haf one...
havn't plan honeymoon yet coz hubby prob cna't take leave until june...
happy.gif
let us knoe when u move in too!

apostles

Hi Keiki and Serene,

We can all go to each other's house by the end of the year.:) I have no door for my WIW too. Trying to save money

So keiki, now you must be busy preparing for your wedding. May I know where is it held?

Serene, which hotel banquet did you go for?

doraemon16

hihi
happy.gif

im a newbie here...
will be a resident in CCK Cres also... my fiance n me just bought a 5-room flat at Blk 690C... hope to get our key soon so tt we can start reno!
wish to share more n learn more from u all!
happy.gif

apostles

Hi Keiki, mine is at Concorde in Nov.

Welcome CT. so you are going to be a CCK cresentian too. When are you planning to shift in and when is your wedding?

doraemon16

Hi Blursotong
happy.gif

Yup! im going to be one soon... Got our flat during the last WIS, but yet to get our key... really impatient now :p

We will move in after our wedding in Oct... We will have all-in-one, solemnisation cum customary one the same day at Hilton Hotel...
happy.gif

So blursotong, may i know which block u stay?
happy.gif
is it near to mine?
happy.gif
Really excited tt get to know new neighbours here!

apostles

I am staying at blk 690B. I have just collected my keys in Nov 04. Starting my reno straight after CNY.
I just can't wait to see the end product of the house. Did all the design by myself.
I think you canrequest to get your keys earlier if I am not wrong.

serametin

one question, izzit after u booked a flat, it is extactly three months will get the keys??

example: 15 Nov 2004 booked; 15 Jan 2005 get keys??

coolman

Hi blursotong, keiki,

Yes. We can visit each other hse by end of tis year. Mine is at plaza parkroyal hotel. My wedding will be held on Sept. So I will b officially moved in by end of sept. Mi so excited.. Also have decided on the ID firm liao.. Been buzzi finding ID firm and compare price. so far have gotten a good bargain..

Hi serametin,

The key collection is roughly 3 mths. You can choose to extend the key collection date the most till 3 mths of ur booking.

example: booked 15 Nov 2004; the latest extension date of key collection 15 Feb 2005.

I have actually called up HDB to reextend my key collection date to 11 Mar as I m having exam during mid Feb.

doraemon16

Hi blursotong,
my block is just beside urs!
is ur apt 5-room or executive one?
happy.gif

Hi Serene,
your wedding date is close to mine, i will have mine on early-october this year...
happy.gif

apostles

Hi serametin,
Welcome here. So you are also getting a flat at CCK crescent??

Serene, you chose Plaza Parkroyal. Who is your banquet/wedding planner? Hmm I used to be working there. Nice rooms they have got. hehheheh and nice staffs... :)

You still studying??

Dodo: Mine is an executive.

Kinda fun that everyone is preparing for the house, wedding preps etc and the dates of marraige are almost similar. ;-)

coolman

Hi dodo,

Congrats... so i can see alot of newly wed couples around CCK crescent when tis year.. so happy..

But seems that u gals are staying blk 690 that side which is separated by a junction from my blk
sad.gif
so i wont be able to see u gals. nvermind we must still keep in touch and pay a visit to one another occasionally. keke...

Hi blursotong,

My wedding planner is Felicia. Dunno whether u know her ornot. Wat u work as when u were wif Plaza Parkroyal? How long since u left the hotel? Hear good comments on the food and services. I also get good bargain from Felicia. She is a flexible n straightforward lady which make mi n my bf decide to sign wif her.

So u are taking Concorde hotel.. Been there for a wedding diner. Food is good and services is also veri responsive.. Concorde is one of my choices also as i oni have 20 to 23 tables. But as my colleague held her wedding diner there last year therefore decide to choose another hotel..

apostles

Yoz Serene,

Yah only the blk 690 area has more remaining flats. heheheh........:)

Felicia is a nice and chatty lady. Your deal with her must be more than good right? Food is quite good and big portion. So you are taking the smaller ballroom i presume.

Yah me taking concorde. Know the guy there personally in a way. I understand that no one wants to duplicate their wedding when some guests have been to another yah. I think that way too.

coolman

Hi blursotong,

Forget to answer ur question. Yes, I m taking distance learning degree course. Will be finishing my degree soon.

Yes I m taking the smaller ballroom which is the stamford room. It will be renovated soon. Actually the location is abit inconvience as it is not near to any mrt station. The nearest one is bugis right?

apostles

Yoz Serene,

It is not really inconvenient lah. Just about 10 min walk from Bugis MRT. not too far.

Isn't great that it is going to be renovated.

Good that you are finishing soon and before wedding. If not i think you would be super stressed.

coolman

Haha... i m going to study for my exam liao so think have to wait for another 2 weeks (after valentine) before I came in n chat chat...

Haha....

coolman

N forget to wish everyone a happy new year.. haha... tis year is my last year to get ang bao liao sob..sob...

citrusmix

I'm really considering the WIS for CCK Cres, blk 690B, but it's the unit that is overlooking the old cemetery. Advice anyone?

apostles

hi llya,

My new place is also at blk 690B. Which unit are u considering? the #xx-96 where the door facees the cemetry or the unit where the balcony is facing it.

Mine is th one with the door facing the cemetry. We will be puting a divider near the door so that it will sort of not be directly facing it. I am quite a superstitious girl and I accepted it coz i felt comfortable with the area and like the surroundings. Dependent on how comfortable you are with it. My parents do not really fancy it but my husband n I are comfortable and happy with it so we bought it.

I believe the area will be exhumed in a matter of years and it is pretty far from our block so it is not that bad if you look at it in that way. Ultimately, it is really the level of comfort your hubby and yourself have for it. If you are not, i suggest you do not buy it as you are going to stay with it for at least 5 yrs. The surroundings are nice and cooling. Gives me a soothing feeling.

Hope I had helped you in a way.

meowie

Hi,
I'm staying at blk683C, my master bed room also facing the cemetry. We didn't know till after we bought it. Have been staying there for a year. So far so good. I dun think the cemetry will be exhumed since its the Kranji War Memorial lor.