angelia

arnold,
welcome!!!

meow,
yup, u got it correct this time
happy.gif
be sure to check wif the sales person.

alex,
guess not all will hv good comments. some might not be satisfied wif this, some not satisfied wif that.

for ours (by Impress21), they din cover some of the power points cover when they paint. even our bedroom door knobs oso got paints!! till now we still hvn't clean them. hiaz..

meow

Angelia,
Yeah
bounce.gif
i finally get it right. Oh i ask liao. So far think Technogas and Fujioh has this function. I like the fujioh hood, quiet and powerful

alex

Hi Angelia,

Still remember during that time for certain minor items we close one eye. Renovation is similar to construction, it is not a precision work and mostly done manually. Of cause obvious defects definitely not acceptable lor. As long as the defects which can be rectify by them it will be ok.
happy.gif

Hi Meow,
I have to admit that I do have minor defects and 1 major defects from them, but Joseph attend to it and solve it within 2 weeks. Eg) Minor defects - small potion of paint work, Cleaning, Change one kitchen tiles. Eg) Major defects – Change the whole window grills (within 3 days during reno period), they use the wrong color by their sub-con.
sad.gif

epsilon

eh aunty angelia,

didn't know you staying in cck/yew tee area. my fiancee is there too. we are thinking of getting ourselves a 5 room walk in in that area (so that she can be close to her mom). maybe we become neighbours
happy.gif
but still feel weird about that place. spent most of my life in central and not use to the idea of living in a corner of singapore. my fiancee currenltly lives close to yew tee mrt. are u also around that area? if we do become neighbours, we really got 'yan'. you are the one who got me started in all those hostings and end up i living as your neighbour
happy.gif

epsilon

epsilon

hi meow,

yup, saw the showflat and they look ok. just hope i can get use to the long distance when it comes to going to town and back.

cheers

epsilon

keann

Hey epilson...

It's nice to hear your gf stay near YT...hehehee.....can invite you to my place to chat chat then...but that is when i get back from Australia next week....yipee...SINGAPORE FOOD!!! and you can see how we did up our apt. we just moved abt 6mths ago.My hubby stayed around central area..and he was "complaining" abt the distance initially, but it seems like he is loving every bit of it now.

Hope to meet up next week!

Cheers

meow

Epilson,
Dun worry, you'll get used to it.
happy.gif
Travel from CCK to city(orchard) is never far to me. The bus service 190 takes about 45mins to reach city. But when it comes to MRT, i'll take a longer time.
sad.gif
Think the most important is to squeeze into the MRT train. Morning rush lah. But will you consider other location beside CCKC? Or taking resale flat instead?

Maybe i'm lucky since i stay in CCk and hubby in Teck Whye. Hence we took CCKC. Dun wan stay with his parents (communication problem, his mum dun understand much Chinese and i dun understand Hokkien) and he dun wan stay with my parents. So ended with a new flat.

Did you go get the "price" listing from HDB then? Any unit you aimed on?

angelia

meow,
we feel going to town (Orchard) is still faster with MRT (from Yew Tee station). if taking bus, gotta wait for feeder to CCK interchange, then take bus 190.

epsilon,
ur fiancee staying near Yew Tee MRT? we, too (if u consider a 8-10 mins walk near
happy.gif
but good that we're doing a bit of "exercise" every day
lame.gif
) we're at the "end" of CCK Cres, near Regent Groove. which showflat (block) did u go to? maybe u shld knock knock at some units & ask to take a look inside. cos different blks hv different layout leh
happy.gif

prob we won't be same blk neighbours cos the blk we're in only has a few 5-rm units left, n they're all at very low levels (level 2/3/4), unless u dun mind lor
happy.gif
if u really get a flat at Yew Tee, next time can "jio" u go coffee-break
happy.gif

oh, if u're getting a unit at those blks further from MRT but nearer to Sugei Kadut (if u dun mind the walk), i feel it's gotta a real nice scenery. vast area of field with no blockage, really like living in the countryside.

transport & distance is a problem for us initially, but gotta get use to it. hiya, since ur fiancee is used to it, i'm sure u won't mind the distance rite?! transport-wise, gotta rely on the MRT lor. other then that, it's the feeder buses n night-rider (NR3)
sad.gif
hahaha.. worse to worse, get a car (then we can "tompang"
biggrin.gif
)

food-wise... it's quite limited too. nothing much to eat, n not that nice, too. or maybe it's bcos we din explore much
happy.gif
maybe u can ask ur fiancee what's nice around there & let us know
wink.gif

any other queries, can juz shoot.. we'll be glad to help
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="119911">hmm.. maybe we've met ur fiancee at the NTUC b4 but nvr noe who she is
lol.gif
</FONT>

meow

Angelia,
Maybe now i'm still staying with parents, so 190 is jus at my doorstep. Then the frequency of the buses is very fast too. But maybe when i start staying at CCKC, then i may feel the big diff lor.

Epsilon,
Me stay nearer to Sugei Kadut. My MBR can see Johor, the field and of course the big drain.

alex

Hi Angelia and Meow,
45mins to reach Orchard by using public transport is really fast. Driving takes about 30~35mins excluding hunting for car part lot. Hmmm… only 15 mins difference… that is really fast. In fact I have tried taking MRT to town, is reasonably fast too.
happy.gif

As for morning rush, driving from CCKC to town takes an average of 45mins to sometimes 55mins depending on traffic jams lor…
uhoh.gif

Maybe I am driving “too “slowly” lor…
lame.gif

Hi Epsilon,
Do agree with Angelia that food is limited at this area… Saw quite a number of food stall at beside Yew Tee MRT have shut down. Heard from cleaner that the rental is very expensive. Luckily heard that there are possibility of changing management there, and hope that rental will be cheaper to invite more stall owner.
happy.gif

angelia

alex,
wah, u go to the extend of finding out from the cleaner ah?
happy.gif
saw 1 side of the "food court" closed, dunno are they under renovation. hopefully they are, &amp; when re-open, hv nicer food
happy.gif

oh, alternative is to go Causeway for the food... what a variety u can find there
happy.gif

alex

Hi Angelia,

Yah lor, for those like me often eat outside food, do look forward to have more variety once they re-open lor...

The food at the "X" Junction, diagonally opposite Regent Groove not bad too. Especially the "Chi Cha" one not bad leh...

koalabear

hi

FYI, waiting 45mins @ the Chi Cha, NTUC Foodcourt today!!!!

however their food so-so only.

angry part is: when i check with them after 30min of waiting, they said, coming soon. After 45min, they realised the food are ready but didn't know i'm the one who ordered!!!

ahh... think really need to learn how to cook liao
sad.gif

pucca

angelia,
hvnt go honeymoon yet .. :D

running out of places to makan liao .. now i know there's a NTUC food court nearby too ... not very far from the mrt station ixxit?? always very crowded?

epsilon

hi aunty angelia, meow and alex,

thanks guys for your thoughts on cck/yewtee. its true that place you dont get much good food. but its not of a problem as my fiancee and i are not big fans of food. but still i have all the while live close to the east and i always love going to east coast. in my last habitat, i could even run to the beach from my place. but if i move to cck/yewtee, then theres no more beach to enjoy.

we actually took a look at the show flats and the 5 rooms are priced at 180 to 190. the price looks good but the apartment is very bare. so u need to still throw in quite a bit for reno.

eh, aunty angelia, how much did you put in for your reno?

cheers

epsilon

angelia

epsilon,

i assume u went to look at the standard flat, that's why it's very bare. ours is oso a standard flat, n our reno works out to be abt 23K for the following :<UL><LI>flooring for whole house, excluding bathrooms <LI>altar cum divider <LI>wardrobe <LI>daybed cum cabinet cum tv console (which i regretted now) <LI>feature wall for bomb shelter <LI>medium shoe cabinet (also a waste of money) <LI>shower screen for MBR toilet <LI>sliding door for MBR toilet <LI>sliding door for kitchen <LI>kitchen cabinets &amp; solid surface top <LI>box-up of kitchen piping <LI>a couple of shelves on the wall <LI>a bit of wiring box up (not false ceilings) <LI>whole house painting</LI>[/list]>>>>> air-con NOT included

happy.gif

hubby is back tonight, so c when u'r going to ur fiancee's place, can arrange to drop by n visit us
happy.gif
but dun expect anything grand cos we used a contractor, not an ID. so the ideas are mostly "stolen" from magazines, other IDs, etc
proud.gif

aiya, no beach nvr mind lah.. with the one u love beside u already very happy already rite?
lol.gif

angelia

pucca, koalabear,
yup, it's at the next junction (diagonally opposite Regent Grove). so far we din wait so long for the food at the NTUC FoodFare leh.

epsilon

aunty angelia,

wah lau eh, 23k! now die, die must go find another job.

eh, by the way, need to discuss something with you. why u is because you are one of the brides that i still keep in touch and you are the one who started me on this
happy.gif
the thing is this, in my recent host, i was talking to an old man whom seems very knowledgeble. then when he realized that in some of my hosting, i didn't get ang pows and he began to scold and lecture me. and when he knew that i was going to get married soon, he lectured me even more. accordinbg to him, if i help people in their wedding and i do not get an ang pow from the couple, bad things will happend to my wedding. have you heard of anything like that? as you know, i am very eat potato but its just that the way he lectured me has made me a little nervous. do you know of anything about this must accept angt pow from couple? i dont want to talk about this yet in my discussion because i am not sure if i want to make it a point to ask for ang pow.

cheers

epsilon

angelia

epsilon,
there's such a saying that if help in wedding, must take angpow for good luck but i nvr hear that something bad will happen to the helper's wedding. that's the reason why we wanted to give u angpow (of cos the amt of $ is not an issue).. to show our appreciation as well lah, but u insisted on not taking
angry.gif

however, some others (helpers or couples like u) who doesn't know/believe in that, oso din give or take angpow lor n so far din hear anything bad happen to anyone
happy.gif

well.. what u can do is from the next wedding, request for an angpow (for good luck). anyway, all of us hv been wanting to give u the angpow... but u ran too fast.

angelia

alex,
i guess it's bcos of the altar cum divider lah.. hahaha..

the ID look sure hv a bit here &amp; there cos the ideas from those home reno magazines and some stolen from ID then we modify a bit mah
lame.gif
. but mix-n-match together, luckily still passable
biggrin.gif

meow

I know where got good food in CCK. The 24hr food court at CCK mrt got. Try the fishball noodles, laksa and hokkien mee. Yum yum. Noodles not too soft.
happy.gif
But those who dun drive, no choice lah, have to take bue.
happy.gif

Epsilon,
Dun worry, you'll be helping me on my wedding. I'll give you one ang bao okie?
happy.gif
Anyway, i haven't decide when to meet up with you leh. Not to say my IC. I dun even know who to ask for.
sad.gif

Angelia,
Remeber then you say we have a small gathering for CCKC ppl?? No more news already huh?

angelia

meow,
i like the soya beancurd at the 24-hr c/shop
happy.gif

the gathering?! hahaha.. got postponed, postponed n now gone liao
lame.gif

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">btw, did anyone collect the SARS kit from the RC? i only learned abt the collection yesterday, but the collection date for ours is 16 Jun leh. can we call the RC up &amp; check if we can collect now?</FONT>

angelia

pucca,
wah, ur RC members so good ah? still deliver to ur place.

maybe they did come to our place, but our doorbell not installed, so when they pressed n no response, they might thot we not at home
happy.gif

alex

Hi All,

Wow so good huh, got RC member distributing it? Me dun even receive any information regarding the collection. Is it stated in the notice board next to the ground floor lift? Seriously me and my neighbour have not received such information on the collection date.
sad.gif

On no, if late how huh? Can we collect it later.
uhoh.gif

pucca

i saw banners been put up to inform us to collect leh ...

as to RC members distributing the toolkit .. hehe .. mayb RC members @ my area hardworking hehe .. we nearly din wan to open the door coz we tot it might be those security alarm salesman again ...my mum's place @ ave 4 also no one distribute .. have to collect ourselves too
happy.gif

angelia

alex,
we oso din receive any flyers.. but one fine day (19 June) i juz so happened to see a banner at Yew Tee MRT (near POSBank ATM) for SARS kit collection for Zone 10 residents on 16 June &amp; 19 June 6:30pm - 9:30pm.

so, i checked the notice board for our Zone while waiting for the lift, n saw a notice stating the collection dates for all the different Zones &amp; ours is over already. btw, we're in Zone 12!

i oso dunno if we can collect from them. that's why i asked here mah
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="119911">oh, another issue is, can i complain to the town council to put up notice &amp; inform us in advance when they're washing the corridors so that we can keep our stuff 1st?!

so many times our shoes/carpets are wet when we came back from work!!!!!!
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
</FONT>

pucca

angelia,
i tot they are doing tt? they shd be a notice to inform u when's the nx time they are going to wash the corridor?

i did not notice tis at my own place .. but i know at my mum's place there will be notice ..

its actually quite fixed .. like 10th of every mth tt kinda of stuff

alex

Hi Angelia,

I think they should have a notice somewhere but maybe I did not notice it at all...
Similar situation here. Even when there is someone at home, by the time we notice it, the floor has already been washed and my carpet and slipper also got wet.

angelia

pucca, alex,
my mum's place oso hv notice on when they washing, but so far i din notice ours have. or maybe they use those colored paper for every sort of advertisments, activities, etc, then it makes not difference &amp; we don't know which one we've read/not read at 1 glance.

alex,
ya lor, when we at home, most times oso close door then cannot hear.

there was once when i at home on MC, &amp; i din close door, then see someone mopping and not washing the corridor. then got once we hear the floor washing sound, but realised they stopped at level 10 or somewhere there, but nvr wash till our level!!

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">so difficult to estimate when they washing the corridor!!!!</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">how to lodge a complaint? got email address or not?</FONT>

angelia

AhBlur,
welcome aboard !!!
happy.gif

me usu dine at the Yew Tee MRT food court or the NTUC Food Fare Coffeeshop or the Broadway Coffeeshop opposite our block (think it's 683). din venture anywhere further
happy.gif

meow

Hi guys,
Today went to my new flat to check on the SARS kit. No letter to me leh. Why huh
uhoh.gif

I think we can try looking at the signboards? Mine current house in CCK got put up this notice on signboard leh. Every 15th of the month. But sometimes they can be early or late. So can't really rely on it.

koalabear

i saw the notice of washing the corridor
happy.gif
it's always paste next to the lift on ground floor
happy.gif

there is anothe coffee shop whick i like their rojak very much
happy.gif
think is near the school, blk 681 or 688 there.

padre

angelia

That's y i need to find out. It would be great if there's private bus, better than squeeze in the train

arnold

Hi all,

Me and my fiancee just got a 5 room flat at 690B...
going thru the really tedious process of
getting a reno contractor who is good yet cheap...
(everybody wants that)
Anybody staying at cck cres willing to open
their house and recommend their contractor?
Will really appreciate it...
Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!
Arnold

cck

hi all,

may i know has anyone collected the sars kit? where can i get it? tot they're going to send to home?
sad.gif

angelia

arnold,
WelCome!!!

erm.. if u dun mind, can drop by on Sat/Sun afternoon, but do msg me b4 come over, in case we're not home
happy.gif
oh, we're at 692A

alex

Hi,

Me also wonder if we missed the collection date, whether we could collect somewhere else or at later date. Must appreciate and support this free gift from government mah...
lame.gif

Hi Meow,

How is your reno?
happy.gif

piggy

Hi all,

this is Piggy here fm 684A...havent been in here for a v long time...hv renovated my place since early this year...wedding is in Oct, so we taking our own sweet time to do up the place lor..hehe...

abt the SARS kit, i missed the date to collect them at RC oso...believe that RC took d pain to deliver to our place le...saw this piece of paper hanging on our door last nite...to announce that " I WERE HERE...."...keke...but hor, hubby n i havent change our address in our NRIC le, can collect or not huh??

another thing, for those who has done up ur place, nid a favour from u all...anyone has good contacts for storage racks for the household shelter??.....thks!!.....my shelter getting messier as days passed by....hubby cant stand it liao...haha...

meow

Alex,
I've not started it yet. Was suppose to meet up with Joseph yesterday to select the tiles. But 15mins before reaching IMM, he sms saying he dun feel well. We were so upset cos we took day off jus for that purpose. But we went Balestier ourselves and took some sample back. Now testing whether if its sticky kind or not.

alex

Hi Meow,

Very bad of him did not inform you early hor...
angry.gif

During my time, we selected the tiles with his colleague b'cos he went for reservist. After that we still did not confirm on tiles immediately. We went further to balestier and other places to look at the tiles. We copy down the model number/brand and later pass it to him. He would be able to get it at cheaper cost from his contact lor...
happy.gif

The samples that you collected can also use as matching of color too. We did that during reno time.
happy.gif

Hope this will helps.
happy.gif