Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

angelia

adam,
maybe they din release all units during the last WIS, so this time will release those + existing units left from previous WIS lor.

but i not sure when is CCK leh. think Jan was Jurong West. was thinking maybe this month is CCK cos last couple of weeks my blk got open house mah

meow

Angelia,
i've heard from my SIL(who stay in CCKC) that this open house was done by the contractors and not HDB. Not sure whether got WIS or not lor. Anyway, Happy New Year to all.
happy.gif
Also, count me in for the house viewing cum viewing of photos. Hee...till now i haven't start renovating.

angelia

meow,
o i c.. ur SIL got go check it out? we missed it, too bad. else can go pick up some ideas for future.

the house cum photos viewing gotta wait for couple of wks more.
happy.gif

btw, only u replied me on the details leh, the rest all no-hue me.
sad.gif

meow

Angelia,
Not upset ok. Cheer up.
happy.gif
Go check your mail see if i got send something to you ok?

My SIL says she wanted to go in. But looking at those man standing outside a bit fierce, she drop the idea of viewing.
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">meow,</FONT>
so sorry, din get to see ur last postings cos i was went back half day, and Friday on Mc, Fri nite fly to Thailand. juz back to office yesterday
happy.gif

hmm.. maybe we'll meet <FONT COLOR="ff6000">angelia wong</FONT> on Sat or Sun afternoon, are u alright?

let's see..... how abt 1st March?? wonder if the rest can make it?!

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">meow,</FONT>
prob around 2-3pm... hv to be confirmed again.

reno? we spent abt 23K. excluding aircon &amp; think it excludes lightings too. we had Henry from Impress21
happy.gif

meow

Angelia,
Shouldn't be a big problem. Who else will be there? Wonder if my hubby want to join to see your deco too. Provided he say ok on that.
happy.gif

angelia

oops, so sorry, din keep u posted..

din arrange for the gathering cos was bz.. okie, okie.. will try to arrange for 1 ASAP.. sure to keep u posted via email
happy.gif

meow

Thanks Angelia. Anyway i'm going to be real busy this month. I may not be able to attend too. But jus keep me inform through email will do.

priscilla

Hi everyone and Meow,
Hee, did not know about this thread at all just read some of the messages, me also stay at CCK crescent and me at Blk 684B, wow....quite a surprise to know so many peoples staying near me, then next time go downstair also must wear mei mei or else let you all see my ugly side....hahha

Actually hope I am welcome in here.
Can I join the house hopping that you all are trying to orgainze?
Please keep me inform of it at [email protected]
Me love to see all of you soon.......

Cheers..!

angelia

priscilla,
hi ,hi.. welcome aboard. but hor, this thread dying off liao, cos those pple like nvr come in already. maybe already settled down so nvr bother to join in.

hehe.. me still hvn't fix date with <FONT COLOR="ff6000">angelia wong</FONT> regarding the house hopping thingy, cos hubby not in town, so i thot wait till he's back.
lame.gif

as for contacts for the rest of CCKers, i only hv a few on hand, &amp; most are emails.. if u want, i can ssend them to u
happy.gif

btw, R u nov 2003 bride??

meow

Hi Pris,
Nice to see you here.

Angelia,
Yes, Pris is a nov 03 bride. I jus went down to IMM yesterday to ask Spacious for them to design my house. So happen to see one of my poly friend there. Now awaiting for him to get back to us. So far i got 5 quotations liao. Very tired with all these searching. Phew! Most my quotation all come up to at least $30k. Scary hor?

priscilla

Hi Angelia,
yap I am a Nov 03 Bride, how you know?
I believe won't die out lar this thread if we got the e-mail address can e-mail them to contact lor or else walk to their door and knock lor.....since all of us stay so near.

Meow,
I think don't look at too many quotation cos the more you see the more confuse you will get and the more don't know which one to choose, for my advice go for those that can meet most of your criteria and needs and most important is your budget,right!

angelia

priscilla,
think we chat b4 at Nov 2002 thread, when u posted at the wrong thread
lol.gif

meow,
huh? i thot u already renovated ur hse, so u hvn't start? hmm.. priscilla is right, too many oso confusing.. think 5 is quite alrite, but must make sure u'r comparing them on par, i.e. the items they include are the same, the quality is the same etc.. then u can tell which is more expensive. if they give u different different ideas, different quality then will be very difficult to compare.
happy.gif

meow

Yes pris and angelia. I've already had enough too. Its too tiring. Me only try to look on design now. Maybe in another 2 weeks will go look at their workmanship than will confrim the contractor. Slow hor?

angelia

meow,
if u'r not in a hurry, then can take ur time lor... the last time, we were really pressed for time, so gotta decide fast.

funky_tan

Hi angelia,

thanks. Managed to find this thread. I've just purchased the 692A, #06 and wondering who's my neighbour by trying my luck here..hehe..

Thanks for yr welcome..

meow

Welcome funky tan,
Did the price for CCKC drop for this WIS? So have you started searching for your contractor yet?

funky_tan

Hi..

Meow: I bought mine at 198K and not sure what's the price previously. I'm still sourcing for one..any recommendation? hee

koalabear: hmm...so have you move in already?

keann

Hi everyone...

i am on Blk 690C...nice to be able to see a thread with my neigbours........

JUST to say Hi.......will follow up and read the postings!

Cheers

meow

Yeah Angelia, me too. Er..jus check with you, which brand of hob, hood and sink you got huh? I'm eyeing Oliveri sink and Elica hob leh.

Funky tan,
Sorry can't comments on any contractor yet. I've not done with my reno, but its recommended by Alex. Most probably will take them, will look at their completed job this saturday. Hubby seen some of their works from other who sign up with them, he comment the carpentry is good lor.
As for the price, i try to search for the price if i still have any.

And a big welcome to all others
bounce.gif

alex

Hi koalabear, keann and funky,

First of all welcome all of you to CCKC. I bet my last cents that you will not regret staying here...
happy.gif

Hi All,

Is me again, I am back in action again heee.....
lame.gif

Wah, more neighbors liao... Good Good to see more new faces...
bounce.gif
Also hope to see this thread alive again
bounce.gif

I have made the updated infor as follows:\ (Did i missed out anyone??)

1) Regenite - Regent Grove
2) Charming_Tail – 559
3) Cychang (Paul) - 683A
4) Meow – 683C
5) Piggy / Netsnob (SS Yap) - 684A
6) Priscilla Ng (pris) – 684B
6) Anxious - 684C
7) Angelia Wong (Angie) - 685B
8) Meggie – 686A
9) Bluz – 686B
10) Sweetiee (Elleon) / Lifetime - 686C
11) Bei Bei - 688A
12) Lonigal / Kirin / Adam Teo– 688B
13) Lyn / Wandererevo (Wai Meng) - 688C
14) Cow - 690A (not confirm, need cow's advice)
15) Ann / SY- 690B
16) Kas / Duchass / Keann - 690C
17) Damnjian / BubbleBB’s Brother / Milong / Koalabear - 691B
18) Angelia Ng / Funky Tan- 692A
19) Alex / Doraelin - 692B
20) Pucca75 - 78* series
21) Discrete / Derick / Concern / Irvin / SehLin – (Block # ???)

Hi Funky,

I think the price is around the same price since the previous WIS. Except different floor having different prices.
happy.gif

Hi Meow,

Maybe you would like to consider Mayers product. price quite reasonable comapre to others. If you use Elfa, what I did is to ask Joseph to buy for us than we return him the money later. Cheaper by almost 15% to 20% at contractor price. Some of the lighting, hood hob, Kitchen to toilet accessories I did request him for help. Hope this infor helps. happy renovation...
happy.gif

angelia

alex,
hi, hi... u'r "freed" to come back here ah? hahaha.. c lah, without u, the thread became so quiet!!
happy.gif

the price is abt 2K cheaper than ours leh.. we bought at 217.6K leh.

meow,
i forgot the brand of the sink.. but we using delizia hood &amp; hob. but the stupid sales lady din tell us the hob is more for heavy cookers..
angry.gif
so now we can't use small utensils, oso, the smallest flame is pretty big.. so can't really stew stuff
sad.gif
sad.gif
our is a two-ring type, and both are the same size.. stupid rite?

meow

Alex,
Finally you are back in action. Yeah, i'll get Joseph to but some items for me. But that will be later lah. Me have headache thinking of how to conceal my bomb shelter. It has been months liao.
sad.gif

I know Mayer now got a package of hob and hood. But i dun like them. The knobs of hob is at sides which i dun like. Me prefer those at the front.

meow

Angelia,
You made me blur. What you mean by small untensil? What has it got to do with hob? You mean you can use them for stiring purpose? Then how can is ask them about the flame?

angelia

meow,
what i mean is, i can't use small pot/pans.. but be those medium/large sizes, cos the ring is too big.. if i use small pots/pans, the pot/pan will be sitting on the burner instead of the ring.

then when i turn to small fire, it's still bit cos it's not like some hob where when u turn to small flame, outer part of the burner will not hv fire.
sad.gif

alex

Hi Meow,

In fact if you happen to see anything regarding renovation you like, you might want to check with Joseph whether he could get it for you at contractor price. Just give him the brand and model number will do. Somehow I find him very resourceful and almost 95% of the item he could get it cheaper for us lor... overall I almost saved about close to 1k+++. Maybe this might offset (in total S$$) from your overall renovation cost. Just my personal opinion.

Is your bomb shelter at the living room, dining area or at Kitchen? If at Living or dining area, there are many concealing method (eg while concealing it outside have display shelves, or concealing together with small cabinet etc etc) If at Kitchen, not very sure but I think there is limited design choice because have to take into consideration that if it is made of wood, there might be stain while heavy cooking. Material might not last.

Hi Angelia,

You mean same floor and rms size less 2k? Wow that is a better bargain leh... For my block (692B) left 9 more units (lower floor) but limited to races. I think both of us during the initial stage a bit KS and brought the high end user hob. Me too facing the same problem Ha haa haa….
lol.gif

meow

Angelia,
Thanks for clarifying. I understand now. But what will be those brands that when its switch to small fire, the outer ring will go off? Why dun you use the smaller ring? They ahould have at least 2 burners mah right?

Alex,
My bomb shelter is at the living room. Its a very big wall lor. The the door not at center but at one side. Then i'm etending some wooden strips from the wall say 3-4ft. So i'm wondering what can i do with that piece of big wall. Ever thought of storage but very expensive leh.
sad.gif
Did design with niches for display. But not fully satisfied with it lor. I dun really want to force myself to accept it and regret later.

alex

Hi Meow,

Do agreed that this Concealing is going to be very expensive lor... Initially me also heart paint too...

What I did is concealing the door and together with the whole wall

keann

Hey all,
so have everyone stayed in cckc for a long time or everyone is still renovating?? I have moved in since last october.

Meow: The brand of hob and hood i got is La Germania. It is pretty good...got it from..errmmm, a place called Hoe something......wholeplace center in Jalan Besar...

oopss...got to run off now...will read all postings later!

meow

Alex,
Yeah in the end we ask for the gypsium(dunno spell right or not) to conceal the door and wall. You got any design on that thing? Storage?

Thanks Keann,
Me not move in yet. Alex and angelia had already moved in for quite sometime. Thanks.
happy.gif
I know, its Hoe kee. Me may go down to IMM today to check out other brands of hob and hood.

koalabear

thanks for the warm welcoming
happy.gif

We already move in since last aug. We only did minor and simple reno. Is 4-rm flat.

nice to meet everyone of you!!!

alex

Hi Meow,
Not quite sure on that gypsium. Maybe you could check out from magazine.
happy.gif

Hi Keann,
Most of us already shifted in and some still renovating lor...
happy.gif

Hi Angelia,
I did check out the price for the new flat. it is really a good buy. By calculating each floor plus S$1k, I think my floor would be cheaper by almost S$10k now. Hiaz....
angry.gif
. Well as long as the remaining flat not sold, than the resale value in CCKC will not be high.
sad.gif

Hope to see my new neighbors soon.

Hi Koalabear,
Is almost the same timing as most of all shifted in last year. Some already stayed here for 1 to 2 years.
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">alex,</FONT>
huh? how come it's 10K?? oh, i noe liao, urs is RFS scheme is it? i got it during WIS last yr, so shld be cheaper than urs, heheheh....

hahaha... guess we interact too much liao.. then the hob oso kenna same problem. hahaha.. but my problem a bit worse.. think i put the hob too near the piping area, then now i dun dare to cook using the ring(burner) nearer to the piping area for fear that i'd spoil the wood (which conceals the piping)..
lol.gif

so now, 1 burner is over-utilised, the other under-utilised!!
crazy.gif

u still dun understand fully leh
happy.gif

mine, both rings/burners oso the same size. i did go to Mayer's (IMM branch) &amp; ask the sales there if they hv a smaller ring for that hob i'm using. that's when he told me the hob (the model i bought) is more for heavy cooking
happy.gif
so it's 3 big flame + 3 small flame per burner. even when turn fire smaller, it'll be hv 3 small flame + 3 big flames.. not like others which when turn to small fire, will be 3 small flame only...

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">keann, koalabear,</FONT>
we officially moved in last Nov.. so u both are earlier then us
happy.gif

alex

Hi Angelia,

I based on 6th floor same unit pricing and plus 1K for each floor to work out the potential pricing of my floor lor. After calculating it is almost 10k lesser. Maybe my calculation method wrong.
lame.gif

meow

Angelia,
i think i get it liao. So i think i'll try look out for those that if i want small fire, the outer ring of fire will close right? Did i get it wrong again? Me too stupid liao...dun know how to cook.
blush.gif

Alex,
think that board is the ones used to cover the bomb shelter...if knock it should sound empty and not solid.

arnold

Hi all,

my fiancee and I just got a 5 room flat at cck 690B... wonder any of you willing to share
good interior designers/contractors contacts?
what is the price range for reno for a 5 room
standard?

keann

Hi hi arnold Wee
welcome to the neighbourhood.....
i am on 690c.....

My interior designer is called Prestige Image at Clementi. They have good carpenters and good tiles people working for them....but the contractor that i had was not that good....i think becos he is quite new and blur blur......but the carpenty work is good grade i will say....i had some problems with the tiles initially, and the tiles laying guy adviced me on many things...and my contractor was totally clueless kind.
But they are quite affordable.

Hope this advice is good.....and you should hve fun shopping for furniture and furnishings...i had a lot of fun though.

Oh ya...check this furniture store out...called Victron..somewhere at Paya Labar area..i was looking around for furniture and even went JB ..but this store's furniture is cheap, nice and good!

meow

Welcome Arnold
bounce.gif
I've not started my reno yet but the price has reached $30k liao. Beside those normal stuffs like kitchen cabinets and wardrobe, we custom made TV console, bedhead with bedframe and vanity top with shower screen.

alex

Hi Arnold,
Welcom welcome.....
happy.gif

I have used Elfa at IMM. I find that their Workmanship and response worth the price I paid for. Do agreed to some that have commented the pricing is slightly at high side. But I used them for a peace of mind and assurance from them.
happy.gif

After reading many discussions in this forum, I found that it takes alot of effort in communicating between your ID/Contractor and yourself to have a better common understanding in expectation.
happy.gif

You might want to have further referrals of other Contractors/ID from this thread or other thread under "Home and Deco"

Hi Meow,
Ooii... Not bad liao lah... 30k inclusive with so many customer made. Is a good bargain leh...
biggrin.gif

meow

ALex,
Good meh?? Last saturday, went with Joseph to a unit at Admirity. Work not really very nicely done especially their paint works. Paint can even paint on skirting somemore they use muskim tape to protect the skirting. Workmanship for that unit so so leh, maybe i feel the finishing not very nicely done. Do they have other carpenters?

alex

Hi Meow,

I guess your “Good meh” refer to the workmanship. Hmmm…. Very strange that they did badly now…
uhoh.gif

By the way is it a completed unit or halfway done. Might have not completed their touching up lor… Painting at the skirting seems abnormal. It did not happen to my unit or the few units that I went to see before committing to Elfa. Maybe it is acceptable to that owner but definitely not me or you. If I were the owner I’ll not accept it…
nono.gif

Their carpentry is using the same company. It was friend of Elfa boss and Elfa brought over the Carpentry Co. All the workers are still around including the ex-boss lor… this was what I heard from the previous boss of the carpentry Co when he came over for some touch up.

Maybe Joseph in the beginning knew that my girl from construction industry therefore he sent best workers there lor…
lol.gif
urr by the way we did lay out some of the critical things which require them to take special care before they start work. eg carpentry work, painting (Color contrast under light), flooring (hollowness), aircon piping (shortest route), work schedule, etc etc… “Best” of all almost 2~3 days we go there for inspection to ensure things are done correctly. Very KS hor…
lame.gif
So far not much things to complain during that time lor.
happy.gif

I hope my recommendation did not contribute any inconvenience to anybody hor…
uhoh.gif
I remember there was once I use one of the moving Co to help me in shifting, I got the better service and everything turn out too be great until I gave them additional tips. But to my surprise that one neighbor that I have recommended here got a bad servise from them. So sorry can’t really remember her name. But I until now still feel very paiseh… I think all depend on 40% luck and 60% communication lor…

Anyway all the best to your renovation….
happy.gif

meow

Alex,
What i mean the good meh is my quote lah. I know the boss name is Ivan(elfa) and true the carpentry is from something call Elfa Alumxxx so carpentry no GST but wet work got.

That unit is almost completed. Only left the wardrobe sliding door and final touchup. So does that means that's the quality i'll get from them? That's why we may decide to paint ourself rather than asking them after looking at their painting lor.