Singaporebrides | Inspirations
Top 2020 Wedding Trends You’ll See in Singapore Weddings
Get inspired by the top 2020 wedding trends in Singapore and inject some personality into your own celebration!
We’re kicking off the year with a forecast of wedding trends for 2020! We’ve been spotting these fun ways couples are injecting a dose of personality into their weddings, and predict that we’ll be seeing much more of these trends in the coming year.
The biggest wedding trend we’ll see in 2020? Individuality. More and more couples are breaking the mould of the traditional Singapore wedding, and opting to celebrate their union in more intimate and personal ways to be true to their unique story. We predict that in 2020, more couples will be expressing their personalities and styles and delighting their guests with a different wedding experience. Want to hold a wedding that’s really you? Check out some of our forecasted wedding trends for inspiration on how you can personalise your celebration!
1. Grazing TablesA Zesty Modern Romance Styled Shoot at The Dempsey Cookhouse and Bar by Natalie Wong Photography
Move over, dessert tables! Very popular overseas, grazing tables have finally made their way to our shores, and the luscious platters of cheese wheels, nuts, crackers, fruit, deli meats, and spreads are a delicious way to welcome your guests during cocktail hour. Give your guests a new experience in 2020 with this upcoming wedding trend, which is great for promoting interaction too!
2. Say It in NeonAngie and Kelvin’s Neon-Lit InterContinental Singapore Wedding by Antelope Studios Moody Tropical Little Island Brewing Co Wedding Styled Shoot by Andri Tei Photography
Neon signs have been around for a while now, and we predict that this lit wedding trend isn’t going anywhere yet. They’re a fun way to modernise your wedding, and the possibilities for customisation make it all the more personal!
3. Dried FloralsGorgeous Inspiration and Amazing Deals at The Singapore Wedding Fair 2019 Gorgeous Inspiration and Amazing Deals at The Singapore Wedding Fair 2019
As the trends move toward more sustainable weddings, we’re seeing more florists use gorgeous dried florals in their styling and bouquets. Blush and nude grasses and painted gold palms make stunning arrangements!
4. Very Oriental WeddingsLetty and Benjamin’s Incredible Myanmar Pre-Wedding and Stylish Wedding by Super Panda Presents Modern Chinoiserie Styled Shoot at The Riverhouse by Bridelope Productions
Couples are having fun with traditional Chinese wedding customs by going all out with their wedding kuas, golden headdresses, Oriental fans, round vintage sunglasses, and even sedans!
5. Including the FurkidsEllen and Andre’s Fun, Animal-Themed Wedding at The White Rabbit by Colossal Weddings Cheryl and Victor’s Pretty Hotel Fort Canning Wedding with Puppy Ring-Bearers by Avenue 8 Studios
We’re seeing more couples including their pets in their weddings as more wedding venues become pet-friendly. How sweet it must be to have the furkids you raised together bring you your rings during the ceremony! This super adorable wedding trend is sure to put a smile on your guests’ faces.
6. Interactive StationsMichelle and William’s Beautiful and Intimate Botanico Wedding by The Beautiful Moment Photography 13 Beautiful Flower Bars in Singapore Your Guests Will Love
Yes, we know photo booths are popular at weddings, but these interactive stations might be taking over in 2020. From floral bars where your guests can create their own posies, to cocktail bars where they can mix your favourite drink, interactive bars are a fun way to get your guests to mingle.
7. Acrylic Wedding StylingAmy and Shiuh Liang’s Minimalist Rooftop Aura Wedding by Andri Tei Photography Modern Elegance in Black and Mauve at The Alkaff Mansion Wedding Styled Shoot by Annabel Law Productions
From clear wedding invitations to personalised wedding signs, we’re seeing acrylic in all aspects of wedding styling.
8. Mismatched BridesmaidsAmanda and Jon’s Beautiful Wedding at The Clifford Pier by Munkeat Studios Samantha and Dwayne’s Magical JW Marriott Wedding by Pixioo
It’s almost impossible to find one silhouette to flatter every body shape, and that’s why we love the mismatched bride tribe trend, which isn’t going anywhere! Many bridesmaid collections now offer colour-coordinated dresses and pieces so your squad can mix and match. Let your girls express their styles with different cuts in coordinating hues and prints, so everyone looks good and feels comfortable on your big day.
9. Sustainable WeddingsSherry and Yingkai’s Socially Conscious Wedding by Harriet Koh Photography Jocelyn and Marcus’ Gorgeous Succulent Wedding at The Rabbit Hole by Click! Photography
We love how couples are going green at their weddings by repurposing their flowers and donating them after the celebrations, using potted plants for decor, selecting plant favours, or even by choosing an eco-conscious wedding package, such as the one offered by Marina Bay Sands. Other ways you can be make an impact on society with your wedding include hiring social enterprises as wedding vendors, as lovebirds Sherry and Yingkai did with their socially conscious wedding.
10. More Personal Pre-Wedding ShootsEmily and Jun He’s Wild and Breathtaking Pre-Wedding Adventure in the Faroe Islands by Synchronal Photography Chloe Choo and Tan Choon Yan’s Cool, Urban Pre-Wedding Shoot by Pixioo
Studio pre-wedding shoots are fast becoming a thing of the past as more couples go for more candid, natural shots to document their love. From casual picnics on Coney Island to adventurous and far-flung destination shoots, engagement sessions these days are all about the couple’s personality and story.
Feature image from Modern Elegance in Black and Mauve at The Alkaff Mansion Wedding Styled Shoot by Annabel Law Productions
All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeBrides.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram for the latest article and promotion updates!