Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">alex,</FONT>
hehe.. can remember cos u my "next door" neighbour mah.. kekek.. no lah, actually cos today, tmr &amp; Thur are special days to me &amp; hubby, that's why i can remember...
happy.gif

today my bday, tmr monthly anniversary, thur <FONT COLOR="ff6000">kuek</FONT> bday... hehehe... so u see, not i "purposely" want to remember ur ROM date....
happy.gif

alex

Hi Angelia,

Wao... both you and kuek so romantic... having an anniversary between yours and kuek's birthday...
happy.gif

So which means that next year I celebrate my anniversary I'll remember both of you "bird"day lor...
lame.gif

Happy birthday to you and Kuek...
8973.gif

angelia

no lah, we not romantic.. juz make it a point to hv dinner (er ren shi jie) on the 18th of every month to mark the beggining of our relationship mah..
happy.gif

thanks. hahaha.. ya lor.. sure can't forget our bdays!! hahaha..

ann

Hi,

Been bz...was away since friday. Just came back yesterday.

Well, I cannot have a housewarming party yet. My sofa has not been delivered yet. Got to wait another few more days.

All my things in the house are quite settled. Anyway, lived in for a few days last week. Really windy in the morning as I walk to the car park. Nice cool mornings. That's all. Then it's warm dusty afternoons till it's cool again in the evenings.

Alex,

Congrats! Look good tomorrow
happy.gif

Angelia,

Happy anniversary
happy.gif
Many more to come
happy.gif

Preparing for my wedding now. Going to buy shoes tomorrow. Photo shoot in 2 weeks time. Hope I can find
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Alex,</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">C</FONT><FONT COLOR="119911">O</FONT><FONT COLOR="0000ff">N</FONT><FONT COLOR="aa00aa">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="ff0000">R</FONT><FONT COLOR="119911">A</FONT><FONT COLOR="0000ff">T</FONT><FONT COLOR="aa00aa">U</FONT><FONT COLOR="ff0000">L</FONT><FONT COLOR="119911">A</FONT><FONT COLOR="0000ff">T</FONT><FONT COLOR="aa00aa">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="ff0000">O</FONT><FONT COLOR="119911">N</FONT><FONT COLOR="0000ff">S</FONT> <FONT COLOR="aa00aa">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="ff0000">n</FONT> <FONT COLOR="119911">Y</FONT><FONT COLOR="0000ff">O</FONT><FONT COLOR="aa00aa">U</FONT><FONT COLOR="ff0000">R</FONT> <FONT COLOR="119911">R</FONT><FONT COLOR="0000ff">O</FONT><FONT COLOR="aa00aa">M</FONT> <FONT COLOR="ff0000">!</FONT><FONT COLOR="119911">!</FONT><FONT COLOR="0000ff">!</FONT><FONT COLOR="aa00aa">!</FONT>

9012.gif

alex

Hi All CCK/Yew Tee Neighbors,

Lets give a warm welcome to Irvine and Kirin…
9045.gif

Kirin is from 688B same as Lonigal…

Irvine have not decide on the CCK yet.

Hi Irvine,

Neighborhood here quite good. Near MRT and Yew Tee central. From my block 692B, it takes about 5mins to 8 mins walk. Need not worry about it lor…
happy.gif

Hi All,

An update information as follows:\

1) Regenite - Regent Grove
2) Charming_Tail – 559
3) Cychang (Paul) - 683A
4) Piggy - 684A
5) Bluz - 684B
6) Anxious - 684C
7) Angelia Wong (Angie) - 685B
8) Meggie – 686A
9) Sweetiee (Elleon) / Lifetime - 686C
10) Bei Bei - 688A
11) Lonigal / Kirin– 688B
12) Lyn / Wandererevo - 688C
13) Cow - 690A (not confirm, need cow's advice)
14) Ann - 690B
15) Kas - 690C
16) Damnjian / BubbleBB’s Brother - 691B
17) Angelia Ng- 692A
18) Alex / Doraelin - 692B
19) Discrete (No Data on block no.)
20) Irvine – have not decide on blocks (maybe 688 series)

Hi Angelia,

Thanks for your congrat… Next week will be final installation of carpentry… All the floors ready and Aircon also install already. Although ID check say ok, I might be checking it tomorrow evening. How is yours?
happy.gif

angelia

welcome back.. how's yesterday? update a bit leh..
happy.gif

nvr gone down this week. Sat doing aircon trunking. also arranged lightings + hood &amp; hob to be delivered this Sat since need to stay till 4-5pm for the aircon trunking.

really praying hard by latest by mid Oct can handover cos i still need to "an shen" (settle the god)..

booked a simmons mattress on Tue.. cost us a bomb!!

hiaz... this wkend NATAS fair leh.. guess we dun hv time to go down &amp; c c what good deals can we get for our honeymoon!!

alex

Hi Angelia,

Yesterday mmmmmm... very emotional for Joey leh... Have not started to say "I do" tears came out from her and it was a shock to everyone lor... Later she smile and mentioned also dun know why... maybe too touch liao... heee.....
rofl.gif

Hi Lyn,

I saw your message over at other "thread CCK N14, Blk 688."

How are you? Long time no hear from you liao...
happy.gif

lyn

Hi Alex

First of all, congratulations on your ROM!!!

I'm fine...have been happily staying at CCKC for slightly more than a year liao, so life now is very settled and routine.
happy.gif

meow

Hi angelia, i'm here. Really too long to read eveything. But find that most of them have already or almost complete their renovation. Look like no one stays near me, except for Paul.

Oh hi everyone, i stay in blk 683C.

alex

Hi Meow,

Welcome here... Look like we are getting more neighbors. Completed your reno or already stay there?

meow

Eh, haven take keys yet. So call jus book the place. Was asked to go down to HDB tomorrow. Dun wish to take key so early. I haven ROM yet.

Are most of them 5 roomers? Roughly how much does everyone spents in their reno?

K

kirin

Hi future neighbours,

So glad to see all of you here as I have just be introduced to this forum by a friend.

Hi Alex,
Congrats to your ROM, mine's tomorrow.

Hi Meow,
It's OK to take the key first w/o ROM cos HDB allows you to produce the marriage cert. within 3 mths after getting the key. Take my case for example; I hv got my key on 1 Jul and going to ROM tomorrow.

sweetiee

Hi everyone,

No time no pop by here... how's everybody's progress?? kekeke... sorry, lazy to read the archives...
lame.gif

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">hi Alex,</FONT>

Congrats!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">kirin,</FONT>

Congrats in advance as well!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hmmm... for me... nothing new. Pretty settled in CCKC now... waiting for more of you to move in so that the neighbourhood can have more life...
talker.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">sweetie,</FONT>
kekek.. when ur small one comes, it'll add a lot of color &amp; lives liao..
rofl.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">meow,</FONT>
mine's 5-rm. reno half-done. u may drop by anytime to take a look. but must tell u, ours only minimal renovations. no $$ liao so.. hiaz..

hubby will be at new flat by tmr morning, me will be after work, prob abt 2-3pm. if u'r free, can pop in lor.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">kirin,</FONT>
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

oh, &amp; welcome to join us here. hv u started ur reno?!

alex

Hi Sweetiee,

Thanks...
happy.gif

Hi Kirin,

Congratulation to you too...
happy.gif

Hi Meow,

Here is a mixture of 4roomers, 5roomers, and EA-ers...

Me same situation as Kirin. Got keys few months back only ROM 2 days ago.

My unit is directly mirrow image of Angelia's... but different level.

meow

Congrats to both Kirin and Alex
happy.gif

Oh, today i go down to HDB to settle the key prob. But we didn't want to take the keys yet. So we ask them to defer. The lastest they can do that is til 26th Nov. Becos we worry that once we get our keys, we need to settle those bills. So dun wish to take them so soon. No $$$$
sad.gif

My ROM is in Jan nex yr. So we really wish to drag or put it on hold first. Cos we dun think we want to push forward our ROM jus becos of the keys prob.

Alex,
That's nice. Can help angelia look out for any suspicious ppl if they were on honeymoon.

Angelia,
Thanks for the invitation. Really appreiated but dun think the floor plans looks the same. My FH and i haven decide on the kind of reno we want. We try to settle things one by one. Now trying to settle dinner location. Reno maybe 1 to 2 months later.

angelia

no prob.. actually not asking u to pop in to look at the floor plan, but more on the workmanship if u looking for contra

meow

Angelia,
Actually i have few friends and colleagues working part time as reno contractors. So i think the consideration for me is the design first and then ask them to quote me a price. Who ur contra? Maybe its my friend.
happy.gif

netsnob

hi all,

Just selected Blk 684a at CCKC last friday.

any idea how long it takes for the key to be ready for collection?

anyone from CCKC engage the services from HOMESUCCESS? How is thier design?

meow

Hi netsnob,
If u submit all documents at the point of time when u select ur unit, then i think it should be earlier maybe 2-3 wks. My FH n i didn't bring sufficient docu and they post us the letter to collect the keys about a month later.

netsnob

hi Meow,

Thanks for the info.

care to ask how long a typical renovation take?

It is realistic for reno to be done in a month time? no hacking is involve in my case

meow

netsnob,
Sorry, for this question, i think the others can help. But i think this can be done.

Jus some info to share with u while i was at HDB. Do u know we need to complete the reno in a month if most of the occupants are already staying? Else, 4 months will be given.

C

cychang75

hi netsnob...

typically renovation takes from 1 to 2 months depends on how much you do...

also it also depends on you personally....sometimes you can be slow to purchasing or deciding on certain things....this will delay the renovation too...

so you need to communicate with your contractor so that things can be smoothen....

i'm staying in 683A...it takes me about 1.5 months now and the major installation of carptentary will be next week...so hopefully can move in in early Oct 2002....

have you choose you contractor...???

if not you can approach lenus lee (93664036)...he is from simply 99 &amp; creative 99 (new establishment)...my house if done by simply 99 by him....

i'm not trying to promote him but i felt that you can approach him (tell him recommended by paul) as the price that he can quote you can be very competitive....you can compare it with other contractors...

moreover workmanship wise...i satisfied with it but this can be very subjective....

anyway you can ask him for quote and tell him to bring you to some done houses...(maybe you will see mine)....
happy.gif

oh yeah...just a point to note...been to id firms in IMM and homesuccess in ginza and jurong east....somehow i felt that they are rather tao...maybe i have a limited budget....so they heck care lor...the quote from homesuccess to me if rather on the highside...

that's all...

paul...

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">netsnob,</FONT>
we selected during WIS, requested for early keys collection, but still waited for abt 7 wks. maybe u wanna write in to request for early keys collecition if u really in a rush.

our reno started before national day, till now still doing.. (cos we stopped for 3 wks as hubby went biz trip). hopefully can finish latest by mid-Oct.

duration will depend on what u intend to do &amp; like <FONT COLOR="ff6000">paul</FONT> mentioned, the duration u took to purchase or decide on things. no hacking, but if u doing a lot of carpentry, prob will take quite a bit of time as well.

we're with Impress21. hmm.. initially quite impressed, but now.... ahem...

think the reno duration shld be
- new flat : 4 mths
- resale flat : 1 mth.

however, can ask for extension, not a problem. furthermore, the permit is for flooring, hacking &amp; such.. for carpentry, dun need permit.. thus, our flooring all done before 03 Sep (last day stated in permit), but now still doing carpentry.

alex

Hi Netsnob,

Welcome to CCK. My reno will take about 2 months. Usually about 1.5months in average, ours slightly longer becuase we are a bit slow in material, color and design selection.
embarrassed.gif

Currently I am enaging El-fa, Joseph (Design Manager) at 90608787. So far still satisfy with his reno work. Very pro-active in giving practical suggestion and resourceful when it comes to material. You might want to give him a try.
happy.gif

Do agree with Paul that you need to communicate with your ID/Contractor more often so that things can be smoothen.
happy.gif

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

piggy

Hi netsnob,

Welcome to the neighbourhood! u same block as me le...which floor are u in?..for me, FH and I got the flat in the WIS in May..got the keys in July..in the initial planning stage of our reno (Alex, fyi, we decided on Unimax liao), have oni seen the first sets of drawings...Electrical guy oso quoted us last sat...quite professional...he tries to "hide" as much as casing for us.....We oso juz placed an order for our dream bed yesterday...hehe..

Having my ROM in Oct...(Counting down....14 days more...tik tok tik tok...)

ya, as wat the guys have advised, ard there lor..my ID said that she can complete my flat within 4 weeks...i asked her to take her time..i dun wana make hasty decisions ma...

As for IDs, it depends on ur budget, if u looking for VERY innovative designs, be prepared to pay lor. For me, both FH and I feel comfortable in communicating w our ID. She is oso concerned in our budget, works from the basic neccessities. In terms of design, she does lack a bit of creativity, so i hv to do a bit of research myself, then ask for her opinion whether it's feasible or not. They oso offer 8 years' warranty on their workmanship.

AVOID Kinghall!!...been quoted by them...they treated us like "Cai Tao"...kekeke..but the ID who served us, she is a gem...v creative..loves her style....."steal" some of her ideas actually....kekeke...

K

kirin

Hi Netsnob,
Welcome to the CCK neighbourhood. FYI, my ID has quoted two mths for completion even though my reno is very minimum.

Hi Angelia,
I have not started reno yet, will start probably mid next month. Still in the midst of discussion with my ID....cos made some last min revision to the design. I'm with thinking Cap.

Btw, are all of you having the customery next year?? Any preparation done??

piggy

Hi Kirin,

FH and I having customary next Oct. So far, oni made booking for wedding dinner. Now, focusing all our "energy" in our flat lor.

For the bridal, will decide by next Feb/Mar lor.

wat abt u?

alex

Hi Piggy,

Thanks for your congratulations...

Currently at my final stage of reno. Wallet almost goes "dry" liao...
sad.gif
I think for those who have completed their reno will undertsand this.
happy.gif

Hi All,

For those who are driving, be very careful when driving along CCK way or Woodland rd. Many big Vehicle there and they are quite rackless drivers. Last Sat late evening got an accident at T-Junction of CCK North 5 and CCK Way. I was stopping before the junction during red, out of sudden a big van from behind knock onto my car's bumper. Quite a bad damage... Luckily no one hurt...
angry.gif

Be more careful driving there
happy.gif

Hi all,

Here is the latest updated list.
happy.gif

1) Regenite - Regent Grove
2) Charming_Tail – 559
3) Cychang (Paul) / Meow - 683A
4) Piggy / Netsnob - 684A
5) Bluz - 684B
6) Anxious - 684C
7) Angelia Wong (Angie) - 685B
8) Meggie – 686A
9) Sweetiee (Elleon) / Lifetime - 686C
10) Bei Bei - 688A
11) Lonigal / Kirin– 688B
12) Lyn / Wandererevo - 688C
13) Cow - 690A (not confirm, need cow's advice)
14) Ann - 690B
15) Kas - 690C
16) Damnjian / BubbleBB’s Brother - 691B
17) Angelia Ng- 692A
18) Alex / Doraelin - 692B
19) Discrete (No Data on block no.)
20) Irvine – have not selected unit(maybe 688 series)

K

kirin

Hi Piggy,

Mine will either be in Sep, Oct or Dec 2003. We have not decided yet and will be starting to source for wedding venue soon....$$$$$ again. However, hv alreadi signed up bridal pkg.

Hi Alex,
Glad tt no one is injure &amp; thanks for the frequent updated list.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">kirin,</FONT>
our customary is end of Nov this yr.. abt 3.5 mths to go..
happy.gif
exhausted all our $$ for reno, wedding, etc.. gotta postpone honeymoon to feb/mar next yr lor
sad.gif

wah, bank dry liao still kena "kissed" ah?! so how, need to send for repair?

when's ur expected handover date huh?

alex

Hi Angelia,

Ya lor bank dry up liao... Nearly eat Maggie Mee everyday...
uhoh.gif
Already send to IDAC for evaluation. Repair might caused a few $K
"Heng ah" this accident not my fault. So claim third party insurance lor... I need not pay a single cents. "Kissing"
kiss.gif
needs money and is going to be expensive "kiss"
kiss.gif

Well, hand over date expected by 2nd week of Oct or late of 1st week of Oct.
happy.gif
Wait until neck long long already ah...

How is everything last weekend? Aircon ok? M.Bed Room takes longer to be cool. How is yours?

angelia

last wkend quite okie lah.. wait till they finish piping.. abt 5:20pm, then we on alrcons &amp; left liao.. din wait to time how long it takes to cool the M.bedroom leh..

but 1 thing i dun like abt the piping is the 2nd bedroom &amp; the outlet at the toilets lor.. they run the outlet at the toilets until floor level, then tell us if we want to wash floor, juz lift it up.. i was thinking why can't i run it abouve floor level? why so troublesome?! i feedback to hubby but he like ok with it, so i kept quiet lor.

i pretty interested to see how u run ur piping to the last bedroom leh.. i feel ours very ugly leh.. hiaz.. that's the problem when leave it to hubby to do.

went on Sun afternoon to install a few lights (bathrooms, storeroom and the area outside the bedrooms), so that can let them paint over the casing then won't look so obiang.

my altar cum divider is up on Sat (but not at the distance from the main door that i wanted, thx to hubby!!), feature wall half up. shld be fully up by today.

luckily can claim insurance, else u gotta eat bread instead of maggi mee liao.. hahaha...

duchess

Hi everyone!

I am new to this thread. I will be moving into Blk 690C. Actually I collected my key in late July but only starting my renovation this week. FH and I both busy and lazy as well
biggrin.gif

See you guys around!

netsnob

Hi Meow,

Thanks. I just can't wait for my key to be collected asap. Has being checking HDB Infoweb everyday.

I observed that HDB tend to send a lot of mail to me. Just for one Security Pin Number, I got two seperate mail on different day all dwelling on the same subject matters.

proud.gif
)

netsnob

hi Piggy,

Thanks for your advice.

Mind asking what does your reno involves?

At last I have some reference when I meet the ID for disucssion when I am given a quote.

Can we take the quotation from the ID even we have not commit ourselves to them? i.e downpayment

netsnob

hi Paul,

thanks for sharing with me your expereince.

I am in the progress of sourcing contractor.

Any suggestion which are the one to avoid in the first place? This will cut down time to fax them one by one the floorplan and requirements.

What the design of simply 99 &amp; creative 99 ?

got their website to look at their portfolio?

Thanks

netsnob

hi Angelia,

Thanks for your advice.

A question if you do not mind. What is with Impress21 that makes you said "we're with Impress21. hmm.. initially quite impressed, but now.... ahem...
"?

How do u manage your disappointment?

piggy

Hi Netsnob,

Yep, u can take d quotatn fm them w/o payg. It seems to me tt all r providg free consultatn nowadays. Market is v competitive these days. But it's still advisable to ask them for any charges for d quotatn b4 u really "sit" down to talk to them.

Go ard askg for 4-5 quotations for comparison lor. Make sure that ur items in the quotes are almost similiar for better comparison, cos prices varies due to diff materials or designs used. Eg. Laying of ceramic tiles is definitely lower than marble, etc..Start from the neccessities 1st, then the extras like wall features, customised shoe cabinet, etc...

Take consideratn of whether u r able to communicate w ID oso. Whether they hv ur interests in heart, or juz wana propose u fanciful ideas w/o considerg ur "pockets"...Give them a budget to work with..like if ur budget is $30K, give them $25K to work with...see wat they can give u...

Paiseh.
lame.gif
..a bit long winded...juz to share...

piggy

abt my quotation...it's a package thingie offered at their exhibition at Expo lor....took us a while to decide, juz a summary hor...

Package includes:
1)haulage &amp; clearg of debris, acid wash after completion
2)Ceramic-Living &amp; Kitchen, Laminates-BRs
3)L box-Living, cornices-BRs
4)Window grilles
5)Kitchen cabinets-Laminated finish, postform worktop(we upgrade it to solid surface)
6)6ft wardrobe
7)Paintg for whole hse, plaster all wall gap
8)PVC to copper pipes
9)Space planng &amp; perspective drawing, HDB submission

Freebies like S/S dish rack, cutlery tray, cabinet handles &amp; hinges, 1 set of instant heater &amp; toilet accessories. That's abt all...

C

cychang75

hi netsnob...

my advice is to go down to the firm rather that fax them your floor plan and requirement...at least you will get a feel of the designer before that...

simply 99 / creative 99 is the same just that i think lenus is a very effective guy so that i personally recommend you to him...he is from simply 99 but transfer to creative 99 (promoted liao)...so rather that going to simply 99...i told you to call lenus to arrange a time to meet up and discuss...of course no obligation...

creative 99 will be holding an exhibition next week at expo...i think you can meet him there....

just some info for you....my house renovation is focus on minimalist theme with sharp edges...so far all his works is satisfied to me...

the edge that differentiate simply 99 / creative 99 from the others i think is that you can see the prespective drawing (rough) at first rather than the layout....this is what impressed me as they drawed out the perspective drawing of my kitchen in 5 minutes during my first discussion with lenus...just bring along your floor plan and ideas...

try not to approach those ID firms that under the hdbay umbrella as they tend to have higher quote due to mark up from hdbay....this is the info that i got....

i should be in my flat this weekend to see the carpentary works....you can drop in to see if you want too....it is 683A....

can call me at 94556803 if you want to come over....

paul

K

kirin

Hi Netsnob,

ehmm..to name briefly,my reno pkg includes;
1)Ceramic-Living,homo-kitchen,parquet-BR
2)Plumbling works
3)Cultured marble vanity top in MBR
4)Painting for whole house.
5)Construct fridge,washing machine base
6)Install feature fiber plaster ceiling w/ feature L-boards to the living &amp; MBR
7)Electrical works
8)Kitchen cabinet in laminate finish w postform doors.
9)Walkin wardrobe in MBR
10)Door b/w Kitchen &amp; dining
11)TV console
12)MBR shower screen
13)Whole house cleaning
14)Project Mgmt eg. design conceptualization, space planning, HDB permit, colour scheme, site inspection.

hope the above would come in handy during your negotiation with your ID.
smile.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">paul,</FONT>
actually if u go to those ID who're under the umbrella of HDBay or ID connect directly instead of going thru HDBay or ID connect, guess they'll not charge extra. Only if u go thru HDBay or ID connect, then those ID will hv to mark up their prices a bit cos they need to pay some membership fee or similar to HDBay or ID connect mah...

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">netsnob,</FONT>
i oso dunno izzit the problem with the contractor or is the problem with us. maybe i had my expectation too high. but some things like the shower screen for m.bedroom, he din tell us the type /layout of handle, and now, we decide to change the m.bedroom toilet door so that it will not hit the shower screen handle!!

for some other stuff, with his experience, shld be able to advise us.. like feature wall.. we're hving a combi of paint laminates.. which now i see, doesn't match.. maybe bcos it's still not fully done up, so will wait till handover then see how's the final effect!

then my altar glass, thou they did state that it's 4ft, in the diagram, but for us, we decide based on the pix mah.. who knows the pix they fraw not to scale. so now the pix looks nice, but the actual a bit odd.. dunno to blame who like dat.. cos we did agree to the dimension they mentioned, but we did so from the pix they drew.. hiaz...
sad.gif

C

cychang75

hi angelia....

well...in the course if looking for a contractor i did go to hdbay and the same contractor that recommended (walk in) but the quote is almost the same leh...somehow it is higher too...

maybe just for me lor...

paul