Pan Pacific Singapore

mariage07

Hi

Mooniiie: I used 2 laptops. The problem thou is that your helper has to play the montage on the 2 laptop at the same time, with the 2nd laptop muted! its almost next to impossible. What happened to mine is that there is a lag for the mute laptop.

sharlene:
yup u need to provide your own laptop. althou, unless your montage is playable in dvd players. I belief most people's montage is either powerpoint or flash. thus need to provide own laptop

sorry for late reply haha. hope it helps

sharene

Hi DK,

Thanks for yr advice. Mine montage can be played by dvd player. But I guess for precaution, I will bring it Pan pacific to try it out first. Dunno can be done a not…hve to ask my co ordinator.

Argh…10 more mths to my wedding… oh, btw, when will we get to choose our wedding theme??

mariage07

Hi Sharene,

I think I chose my wedding them 2 mths before my wedding. That's when you choose a lot of things actually. Like your wedding favors, wedding wishes from your package etc. But for the # tables, I only confirmed that on the week of my wedding.

sharene

hi dk,

thanks for yr advice. Me going down to Pan pac this sat to see the entire layout of the new theme.

Wondering who's wedding is it in this forum.. CONGRATSS!!!

l_jinny

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice. Guess the comments above puts me at ease.

Hi Sharene

I am also holding my wedding next yr. I also heard that they are changing the theme for next yr. Could you provide me your comments on the new theme layout after the visit to Pan Pac this sat. Thanks a lot.

sharene

hi carrine,

it is not a wedding show. Is someone exact wedding..
happy.gif

sharene

hi jinny

nice nice..but i didn't take photos. dun seems to be appropriate as the groom and xiong dis was ard..

For those taking pacific ballroom, better to have 2 screens cuz it is a bit far to view fm 1 end to the other.

Deco wise, very simple nice and elegant with roses & lilies.. At first I was still thinking of getting outside decorators but now, there isn't a need at all..keekee

but something i'm not sure is, for the reception table outside, is there a table cloth for it?? cuz when i went, the recept wasn't ready yet.

For those who wants the long march, best not to have more than 52 tables. Oh Ya, the long march is really very long lor!! I liked!! heehee

Overall, thumbs up!!

sharene

oh ya, jinny

my co ordinator told me maybe they might be changing the favours. So she suggest I choose the layout 1-2 mths before moi wedding. When's yr big day?

l_jinny

Hi Sharene

Thanks for the comments. U taking the pacific ballroom?? Me taking the ocean ballroom. but think their decorations will be the same. With ur comments, I am at ease. My wedding day is in June this yr. so guess, I will onli get to choose my layout in April or May.

As for the recepion table, guess they will provide table cloth as it will be more presentable so no worries.

l_jinny

o..tats gd....i luv the pacific ballroom too. However, my tables too little, so cant take.
sad.gif

Guess u will be taking the long march in??

l_jinny

Hi Carrine

The pacific ballroom is bigger. It can cater as much as 60 tables. As for the ocean ballroom, it can onli cater to a max of 38 tables.

sharene

hi jinny,

i hope to take the long march..but if my table exceed 52, i have to go for the short one. so hoping i wont have so many tables..

fruitypeach

Hi, i'm considering Pan Pac as well.
I'm totally new to all these banquet stuff...
can anyone tell me how long in advance do I have to book the place etc?

clatzz

i'm also having my dinner at pacific ballroom... anybody knows when we need to confirm our wishes?? my wedding is in april... just 3 mths away... till now our coordinator just gave us the contact of the printer for the wedding invites...

i haven seen the options for the ballroom decor...

l_jinny

Hi Jerlyn

Am not really too sure when to book the place in advance. But usually, it is 1 yr b4, ppl start booking already.

Hi Clatzz

Tink 2 months b4, the coordinator will gif u a ring and let u confirm on your wishes and ballroom theme. So no worries.

littlecutefish

Hi, I have just won Pan Pacific cash Vouchers woorth of $350 during my company annual D&D. ..The vouchers can be used to offset the the cost of your banquet. Expiry date is Dec 2008. i am willing to sell it off below $350 Interested party, please do drop me an email at [email protected]. Thanks

dizi

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on what additional perks/items to ask from PP coordinator. Other than beverages, hotel stay and free parking tik.

Also, what to look out for before signing the contract.

TIA =)

Hi Dizi,

Perhaps you can ask for some free stuff on their wishes, eg free use of projector, free ang bao box, etc. Ensure that everything agreed by them verbally is documented somewhere.

In addition, DBS/POSB credit card is having a promotion. Weekday - 1 table free for every 15 tables ordered. Weekend - 1 table free for every 20 tables ordered.

sharene

Hi bianchibicicletta,

hve called up my co ordinator to check for me. might be a bit hard cuz i bk and paid the deposit for the banquet last sept..

kc_tan

hello all, we also book for pan pac on oct...well indeed dbs got promotion..so those ask for it. so those gg to book pan pac remember to ask for it ..

mariage07

HI Sharene,

Pan Pac helped me to source for another projector.

But they did tell me that if they have one avail, they'll lend it to me FOC. So I suppose will be same for u..if they have one avail no ur wedding, then they can lend to u.

so better to request early!

l_jinny

Hi Sharene

Did u manage to get the credit card promotion? My co-ordinator told me the promotion is only for new sign up. So it is not applicable for me.

blueblue

My hubby booked a room at Pan Pacific 2 months ago for our third wedding anniversary. Had my wedding 3 yrs ago and the service are good.

The service is still very good. It is a hotel that provides a personal touch. We received a delicious chocolate cake/chocolates, fruits and cookies from Pan Pacific in celebration of our anniversary. Thanks to Pan Pacific and Ms Sato!

sharene

hi jinny,

sorry for the late reply. i didn't call my co ordinator but my hubby did. seems that we are eligble for it le..

maybe i shd call to double confirm

eskibear

Hi Everyone, I have a wedding package with Pan Pac (Pacific Ballroom) that i want to let go. My date is 20 Sep 08 and it's at the older and lower price. Dates may be negotiable subject ti availablility. Pls email me at [email protected] if you are interested and i can send you the package details. Thanks!

jasminewys

hi... i'm rather new to this forum but i am also looking at pan pac's ballroom for wedding dinner... just a question.. how much deposit do i have to pay to confirm the date?

eskibear

Hi Jasmine, i used to pay 3K deposit, not sure if it has changed. Do you have a date that you are looking at? I have a package at the old and much lower price that i want to transfer. Let me know if you are interested and i can send you the details.

eskibear

Hi Porsche, Yes, no issue in changing the date and prices will remain at the old and lower one as long as the date remains in 2008.

gizzini

Hi,
I am planning to have my wedding at Pan Pac for 2009. However, when I looked at the contract they sent me, the cancellation or postponement terms are VERY HARSH as compared to few other hotels. Did anyone encounter this problem?

mthm

Hi all,

I accompanied my friend to Pan Pac to enquire for her Jun 09 wedding. I am very impressed with Pacific ballroom, very nice with the private foyer and the lightings in the ballroom.

However, the price is on the steep side and can't really bargain much on additional perks. The deposit is $6000 and have to pay 50% 1 month before the wedding dinner. My friend asked whether can change the helper room for another additional night stay, the coordinator said the ccouple will have to stay in the deluxe room instead of the bridal suite. We are like what!You expect the newly wed to shift to another room the next day? I find the policy a bit inflexible.

Just my comments. Overall, I think it's still a good choice to hold wedding.
happy.gif

clatzz

i just had my wedding at pan pac last sunday... and all i can say that the service was really very good... and the pacific ballroom is really really pretty... we had a long march in, coupled with the lighting effects, i had my dream march in...

and everything was very in control... so much that i didnt have to worry a thing abt the banquet...
happy.gif

my guests all commented that the service is really tip top... and my 2 days stay there was fantastic as well... the front guest manager actually remembered our names and breakfast at the executive lounge was cool too... our choice of beverage was made and served to us...

all in all, we are glad and very happy we chose to have our dinner at the pacific ballroom... its really pretty... everything is just great...

would like to thank all pan pac stuff, thomson our coordinator and kelvin our banquet manager... thanks a million!

clatzz

sharene, u dun have to worry. ur dinner will turn out great.
happy.gif

my hubby went back to work ystd and all his colleagues commented the food was very good and till now they still miss the food!! keke.