Club Chinois

ayura

maybe those thinking of taking club chinos can see my blog!! i've pics of the hmn suite room. post yr email up.

ayura

paisei hor i have to say i havent hold my wedding yet lah! just that i went there to take pics before the wedding starts hehehehe and also go to the suite room and take pics *GRIN* with permission.
happy.gif

newguy, ahgal send to u guys

ayura

btw i've added the url of the CC discussion etc on the blog. so those who have seen it might be interested to take a look. see if you missed out any entries on CC/similar topics.

smurfying

Thanks summer, am v impressed w ur blog, so informative!! i'm oso having a headache over all in one BS or ala carte, but u've address the issue!! thanks!

skye_skye

hi all,

Juz to update that CC has projector & screen in their ballroom, so no need to outsource. juz had my wedding there & we used their projector & screen. complimentary.

their bridal suite is quite spacious! juz a lil dark but very nice...bathroom is huge too.
happy.gif

and the food was fantastic! we had quite lot of good feedback from our guests about the food. we didn't eat much on that day but got some food packed home so we could eat aft the dinner or next day.

ayura

oki. skye, yr menu is which one? i think 2005 n 2006 is differnt menu?

ya they do throw in free projector. luckily. other than that, they are very neow with perks. only when i signed up at the fair, they give $100 dining voucher, waiver of wine corkage. eric said they are very strict with the privileges

linggy

hi Summer,

hmm when i signed up initially, i was told CC don't provide projector and i nid to get my own.
do u think the free projector is still inclusive for my case?

hi skyeskye,

can i chk when did u sign up for CC??

ayura

linggy

u can try. because initialyl when its not stated in the form, i told eric abt it. he said no prob. can be done. so the projector is the only one possible for bargaining hehehehe. its a portable ones so they are quite flexible with lending it to the couples for montage video

btw for those who have watched the link, kindly go n see after 1-2 days. i just copied the almost empty ClubChinos Antica Ballroom to my HD and will be uploading soon when I'm free.

dv1adm2

hi summer,

does the AD invite card show club chinos or orchard parade hotel?
v neow..then cannot bargain anything la...
aiya..

ayura

they supply cards, we print on our papers n slot it in.

super neow lor. i heard from eric their apr fair is like 10% disc ok. but not sure if there's waiver of wine corkages. then hotel stay also cant extend. they need to pay hotel for it. parking coupons they buy frm hotel at standard rate also cannot give more..... LAGI 'FANASTIC' is.... the menu is FRIED RICE (pre dinner).wakaoz i heard already wana faint. Fried rice=overnight rice so that its nice. Double confirmed with Eric, he said 'then is yummy mah' *faint* If i tell my mum she sure nags n tell me not to eat that. Big day eat overnight rice. Eric said either that or fried noodles *FAINT* i wana go feedback to the mgmt on this. Somemore NO free drinks hor....... wakaoz

skye_skye

hi linggy & summer
about the projector & screen, they also said they didn't have projector then when we signed up, but when we checked a week b4 our wedding, they said that they can let us use it for free, we juz bring our own laptop.

i signed for CC earlier this year abt feb.

as for perks...you can try to bargain a bit ba, we had wavier of the corkage & free 1st barrel of beer. tried to bargain for free flow beer, tho in the end managed to get a 1/2 price of the 2nd barrel, if it's opened.

as for parking coupons, we didn't finish using it.

ohh..haa...and the pre-dinner fried rice was really tasty but i didn't want to eat too much, before the wedding mah..dun wanna eat too full, tho my hubby finished every bit of it.

i think we not too particular abt free stuff ba..tho the hotel gave us complimentary drink at the bar which we didn't even have time to check it out.

summer, drop me an email of your blog too! thanks
happy.gif
at [email protected]

my pics won't be out so soon...so will email you all when the time comes

linggy

hi Summer,

i asked Eric b4 signing up but he insisted no projector provided.
uhoh.gif

when's your AD?
happy.gif

hi skye_skye,

me2 signed up early this year but around april. hmm in that case, will confirm with Eric again.
actually already booked a projector liao but will cancel if provided. save money also. hee.

can share with me when your pics are out? thks.
happy.gif

[email protected]

ayura

skye

how come eric so good to u? hahahaa. i thought the taipan package did have one free barrel. then for wedding fair its either free flow or 5% disc. but before that. he said no perks etc. boohoo. i signed up in oct05.

and since i'm on this thread, for this who are looking for BS, open yr eyes wide enough to read thru the threads. I went to one BS with the recommendation of one girl who went to lots of place. she signed up there. then she gave me "her sign up package deal". when i went, its the same deal as what she told me and its not that attractive so i'm already thinking she is having a hidden agenda. then i saw similar threads by the person and the package now become so much cheaper, then said she's been offered this deal! *(&#@*(&@#^&^@ somemore say until the coordinator v good which i find not good... so esp those who give names, they will get perks when u signed up at the BS, not everyone give feedbacks with 100% liang xin lor. i already control frm writing bad remarks on how they become pushy.. tsktsk and they still say not pushy.......somemore those all in 1 BS always give pics to pple who recommend others. argk. sorry ah i rant over here because i know pple normally book hotel venue then go book bridal shop hehehhehe.

skye_skye

hi linggy,
think they got their projector only recently, that's wat i heard frm my hubby who liased with eric. mayb u can try again.

hi summer,
haa..we din have much perks, i felt. my fren managed to even bargain for the restaurant to print their cards free..anyw we din have the 5% discount..i din know can hav discount oh! when's your AD?

anyways i think it also depends on how urgent they are to sell off the dates...if you book v.early they may not hav the urgency to sell it off. juz a guess.

aie...as for BS, i've heard that different ppl have different packages & perks for the same BS..it really depends also. good to scout arnd & read the forums. tho i found my bridal shop b4 looking for hotel venue...was quite difficult coz my date was quite a popular date and i booked kinda late (my friend said that usually ppl book 1 yr or more b4...but i booked like 8-9 mths before my AD)

ayura

ard mid 2006 AD

Skye yr booking is 2005 and yr AD is 2005 right? maybe thats why they are open to disc for u. i know next yr also have 15% disc. the mth which many couples will avoid.

yes, diff pple get diff perks from BS but thats if u dont know each other. otherwise, normally if its the person who recommend u, u will get to see their receipt n get same thing as them. thats what i learn from some of my visit. u so funny find BS first ah. hehehe actually i booked my BS v late. because i just book mah then i am ard MID 06 AD so of course its less than 8mths lor. much lesser. a lot of pple very ganchiong book early for hotel n BS make me so ganchiong as well.

dv1adm2

summer, u watching fullhouse? nice hor..

sigh shld prob go the next fair there..
haha never heard bout the fried rice noodle thing so funnie..

hey skye,
so does the ad card write club chinois or orchard parade..wait pple see restaurant the angpow all dun give..

skye_skye

hi froggie,
the envelope writes "A Tung Lok Restaurant", my card doesn't have any text on it at all. so it's the insert that i sent for printing which writes Club Chinois, Orchard Parade Hotel.

Tung Lok is quite a known restaurant tho & isn't cheap to eat there to start with actually. we wanted to go eat at the restaurant to try their normal menu and their buffet dinner is like $68++ already! lunch is like $48++ (jaws drop!) the food is really up to standard lah...so ppl say it's worth the price.

We didn't have much problems with ppl mistaking it for 'just a restaurant' once they know it's tung lok & that it's in a hotel.

actually it's already quite good that the wedding package doesn't include the 10% service tax...otherwise it would be even more ex per table.

ayura

i think just put it as Orchard Parade Hotel, Antica Ballroom lah....... so easy. hehehhee pple see BALLROOM shld koe.

froggie
i didnt get to know abt the fried rice until one day before the signing of the form. nearly faint when i heard that. super neow lor. my friend in paramount hotel still can choose frm room service menu PLUS DRINKS.

skye
wedding fair promo is EITHER 5% OR free flow beer etc.

they are not that good lah

linggy (linggy)
u shld book early if its a good date! otherwise u might have prob!!! Because the sept to dec period are mostly taken up so couples r going for may/jun06!

i thought i'm slow but there's someone even slow-ER heheheh

dv1adm2

hhmm all of u booked already...
still deciding..carlton or club chinois..

both bout same price...hhmm o well...

ayura

carlton same price as club chinos? Shldnt be lah, carlton shld be more exp.

inggy
opps, then i'm the slow one hahaha

virgo

Hi CCian..

Do you gers have a meeting with Eric before the actual wedding to cfm the ballrm decor, no of tables etc?

virgo

Would like to add on..anyting to take note when having meeting with Eric on the discussion of the AD? any fotos to share?Thanks for all ur help...

beautyseek

My email is [email protected].

Does anyone know whether we can sign the contract only after food-tasting? Or food-tasting comes only after u sign?

Also the package only allows for 6 persons for food-tasting... Do u think i can try to ask for 10 persons (easier logistics since the other siblings going can help fetch FH's parents while FH fetch my parents)..

Another question is whether anyone knows when is next wedding show and whether I shld wait until wedding show to get better package?

TIA!

beautyseek

Err... if Eric does not allow for 10pax food-tasting, then how much i have to top up per pax huh? Very troublesome like dat.

skye_skye

hi gals,
emailed you some of the photos
happy.gif

Hi beauty seet,

think you should try to bargain for 10 pax first for food tasting first. anyway they serve dish by dish to let you get a sense of how it is served on actual day. not sure how they serve 6 pax for food tasting tho.

can call up and ask abt the wedding show..not sure if there's a difference coz i juz went direct to club chinois

beautyseek

thanks, skye skye. But I didn't receive yr fotos leh... I will check out the wedding show package with those who have signed the previous round in Apr 2005.

ultramouse

Hi Beauty Seet,
My package has food tasting for 10 pax. I have signed the package in Feb this year and will be having our AD this coming Thursday. When you signed, you have to put a deposit to book the date. Only a few months before your AD, yo will have to go for food tasting to decide whether if you are ok with the food. I should say the food is very nice on the food tasting day and I have told them that I want the standard to be the same during the AD. I believe the package that Eric offer should cover most things that are required. They have also changed their table settings since Feb. We went to view the table settings last weekend to decide on which one for our AD. Hope this information helps.

alexia

Beauty... I juz sign up with them yesterdae. I didnt bargin for the 10pax food tasting. as i m going to use it for meet parents session so 6pax juz nice. Wat date are u looking at?

Skye I like to ve the pic too. [email protected] thanks.