Qian Xi - Hilltop Garden Restaurant

whOOfy jO > I am so glad to hear that we can make payments few days after our banquets …. Thanks

baby10 > Wow, u are so daring, can comfirmed on the spot without taking consideration the minimum number of table. *salute u*

Josie > I must agree on this … “no fancy design on the ang bao box, but as long can put the ang bao inside is good enough already.” Correct!!!

Bomohpang > Karaoke? How much is the extra charges?

pinky_dris

hi all, great to find this thead and so much information that I did not ask suzanna too. I have booked Crystal Ballroom too, AD: 2 Jan 2010.

Josie> I din have e chance to view the makeup room. Is it spacious? Can we do our makeup there or you suggest we do at home before going over?

kcpc

Hi all,

It's been a while since i last login..
Im glad im back on forum..
happy.gif

Bomohpang: My AD is on the 26th Dec 2009 as well.. Will be juz next to your ballroom.. :p
What time will you be there for makeup?

bomohpang

hi kcpc..yaya..can see u on that day..haha.so fun!
hmm..i havent planned the schedule yet..normally how early should we be there before the dinner?

whoofy

hi pinky.. the changing & make up room for Cystal Ballrm is avg size. Some may find it abit small in fact. There's a big mirror on the wall, with table mounted, can seat 2 person lah. Most of the brides to their make up there cos usually u will make up - change gown - hair do...1 point to note is tat the aircon maybe quite cold..

kcpc

Hi Bomohpang,
I shd be there at ard 5.30pm.. Make-up will be done at my hse.
Half an hour to 45 mins for a simple rehearsal.. Will start my tea ceremony at 6.30-6.45pm...
Reception will start at 7.15pm..Dinner will start at 7.45-8pm.. Well, expect some guests to be late...That's not impt.. Most imptly, is to stay pretty tht nite...
happy.gif

whoofy

hi pinky..
u may need to discuss wif ur MUA wat time to start since there's 3 person doing make up.
For me, it was only my mom and myself. So she started with my mom first while we went thru the detail briefing wif Andy & Kelvin. Once my mom is done, it was my turn...

bomohpang > No offence k?
AD got Karaoke for FREE is great but hor ... is it strange to let numerous guests sing their favourite song during our banquet?

bomohpang

hehe...ya..invite ur frens to sing songs on ur big day..it's entertaining and meaningful....

or ask ur husband to sing a love song for u..or u gv a surprise to ur husband..:p

akino

aiyo very stress, these days kept on dreaming about my AD. like no angbao box. forgot to invite guest...
my AD will be in dec 6. so when should i start to invite them? i havent inform any yet..

narusegawa84

hi, i am new here.. there is so many good review for hilltop.. but for Hilltop Crystal there is a min of 45 table. how about ballroom A and B? what is the min table?

bomohpang

Akino > many ppl getting married in Dec, maybe u can send msg to your frens 1st , ask them to reserve the day for u..then follow by invitation card in Sept or OCt...

Christine > ball room a & b min 25 tables.

akino

i was thinking about printing our wedding Photo on a magnet that can stick on the fridge. what do u think? heard from pl its low cost too... and its ocket size, so ppl can keep easily. rather than bulky things ppl wont take it.

Magnet ... hmm, ok only. Because if let say i received it, then if my fridge is new, i wouldn't want to stick it there coz will have an ugly marking. Another reason, it will be very weird to place a wedding couple pic there too. Who got better recommendation?

princess_shawn

Hi all,

am also bliss garden bride in Jan 2010 but i realised that hilltop is more popular. It is indeed more grand in the ballroom.

Will there be free emcees provided?

crazybebe

Hi all,

Do any of ur guests have difficulty in finding parking lot at hilltop?
coz i notice there are little parking lot wor.. we are expecting 500 guest wor.. if not enough parking lots. wea does ur guest park?
isit near to the location or ...?

Any hilltop bride to guide me along?

To be frank, the carpark is able to cater to your 500 guests ... definitely. Unless there are another ballroom filled with guests too. Then no choice, illegal parking along the stretch of road from where u enter the CDANS. I have tried that, kekekekeke.

Monkey see, monkey do. Got pay entry fee leh, won't summon de.

pinky_dris

hello ladies...haven been active in this thread...hehe

abt e carpark, i have asked suzanna before i sign up. she is aware of this problem and CSC usually close 1 eye when they have dinner event. carpark notice says carpark got 182 lots. but illegal can go beyond ;)dont have to worry abt it. actually nearby hdb got plenty of lots too.

only concern which i realise n heard ppl's feedback is e lift. only 1 lift, a bit slow n small. during end of dinner time, a bit slow n will jam up e cocktail area.

bomohpang > Mine is in Dec but i have not went for the food tasting yet ... how abt u ?

pinky > Hmm .... i realise the lift pose a problem too. For me, i went a few time, after eating so full, do some exercise like walking down the stairs is also alright. Kekekekekeke

pinky_dris

oh garfield, u went there a few times for meals? or wedding? then still need to do food tasting? haha....hows e food? i personally have not tried before but hear feedback (mostly elderly) that its good.

ya, ok to take stairs. but just afraid those lady guest in nice gown, high heel..haha..sure complain de.

bomohpang

is it all right if don go for the food tasting?
The food tasting they will servce the big portion like they servce during the wedding dinner? understand that we will hv 50% off for the food tasting ..wow like that also will cost few hundred..

pinky > I went there like around 4 times for wedding le, famous place for wedding dinner. I love the food ... of course, definitely not ALL the dishes. Overall, i felt that for restaurant, the food is the most important part so i choose this place too.

Don't worry too much about the lift, serious. What i wish and hope for is .... after the dinner, the guests will say our food are quite good.

bomohpang > Of course u can don't have the food tasting but maybe u can try asking Suzanne whether can quote a cheaper price for food tasting or not. That's up to individuals whether u want food tasting or not.
Look on the brighter side, the food tasting event will helps to pull 2 side of the families closer and even get feedback on the food. YES, u are very right, the portion of food tasting is definitely bigger. It's the same everywhere loh ... tell yourself, food tasting portion then we can eat more loh, since on that day, u might not get to eat piping hot banquet stuffs after your wedding dinner, kekekekekekekekeke.

pinky_dris

oh, portion of food tasting is bigger? so they serve table of 10 food, with table of 12 portion? Does anyone know how they charge? can i bring only 8 pax n pay 8 pax rate or have to be 10 pax rate? a bit shiong leh, agree w bomohpang, thou 50% off, still cost few hundred..haha

akino

ae u all taking which package? we taking 600+ de. food super nice n big portions. went few times for my friend's dinner.

bomohpang

i think hor...since their food has good rating frm other brides...then i think i will skip the food tasting ....can save money..hahha

akino

yea bomohpang we are not going for the food tasting too. waste money. we tried from my friend's wedding. just nice 2 from farrer also.

pinky_dris

hahaha...if u have tried e food before, then ok lar. but ur parents wont wanna try n choose e dishes?

does anyone of u know, how early in advance shd we print our invitation card? and how many % does suzanna provide?

akino

when will they give us the seat plan? that time suzanna said if the cards are not enough, can ask them for more. no need charge.

bomohpang

AKINO/GARFIELD > have u decided wat to get for wedding favor. since our wedding in dec...maybe we can order together to get a better price..

:p

pinky_dris

oic...tks all for your reply on invite card.

as for wedding favor, actually i have asked from suzanne for contacts. she have given me a namecard, mentioned that she is her friend and we can get good quote. most imptly, felt that she is very familar with suzanne's restaurants, i have ordered with her directly.

here's her contact if anyone needs:

Doris Ong, HP: 98224005, add: #01-14 Burlington Sq. Do give her a call to fix appt if you want to visit her shop coz she runs errand often.

jerlicious

Been there for weddin b4.. Personally feels tat food is nice.. Bt tats all.. Ballroom is like a new Suntec feel.. Dun hv a weddin feel..