Pan Pacific Singapore

pauline

Hi Whiterose,

Thanks for sending me yr photo link.
You are very young i must say. You look sweet and yr hubby very handsome also. Perfect match :)

SO altogether you got four gowns, rite?thats alot but all look good especially yr EG. BTW, which bridal shop u book yr package with?
As for the ballroom deco, is identifical to those pictures shown in the magazine rite? I think for my case, i will go for the candlelight theme. How many tables did u have and did u use Pacific 2 and or 1 & 2.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the photo.
Really appreciate it.

whiterose

Hi Pauline,

Thks for your compliment.

No lar, I am actually not young....I believe you are younger than me...heehee. 4 gowns? Are you refering to the gowns on my actual wedding day. I have 2 wedding gowns, 1 tea dress and 1 EG on my wedding day.

Anyway, I book my photography package from Julia Wedding New and my gowns are from Charis Coutour. I had 34 tables altogether and my ballroom was in Pacific Ballroom 2 & 3.

So when is your big day? Where did you book your wedding package and how many table do you intend to book?

Hi Garfield, ok, I will send you the link.

garfield

whiterose: thanks! I rec your link liao. Truly enjoyed your photos.Could share and feel your happines then! *SMILE*

by the way, how come you have 2 WG?

whiterose

Hi garfield,

Why I've 2 WG cos I requested for it. But of course I pay extra for that also. So are planning to hold your wedding at Pan Pac also?

garfield

oic...*SMILE*

my wedding will be on 17th oct 02 and yap, i will be having my wedding dinner at Pan Pac. *SMILE*

me very nervous liao...whenever i think of my wedding and dinner, my heart will skip abit and will beat very fast!
very stress too!!!

whiterose

Garfield,

OIC....that mean your wedding is around the corner har....Congratulation To You!!

Anyway, don't worry too much. Otherwise, how to be a beautiful bride. Just relax and enjoy your day. BTW, which ballroom are you using? Which bridel shop did you book with?

aileen

hi whiterose

i hv booked my wedding banquet with panpac for next june. can you share your photos with me too? n i do agree that the coordinators are not fantastic, we dont feel that they are lest excited n enthusiastic abt arranging for our wedding.

my email address: [email protected]

thankz!

garfield

whiterose: i will be using the whole Pacific ballroom as i am having at least 55 tables. I booked my bridal package with Golden Horse Award and the night photos didn't turn out to be nice...*SIGH*

I really love your photos! *SMILE* Feel so happy for you *SMILE*

So how is your married life?

cindylim

Hi, thinking of having a Pan Pac banquet in 2004, can anyone give me a copy of their quotation? I've emailed Pan Pac and they sent me their package details, but can I have a look at the actual thing?

Thanks ... my email is [email protected]

garfield

cindylim: the quotation very thick leh...troublesome to scan and send to you. actually, the quotation is the same as what the package stated just tat more details are given in the quotation.

cindylim

HI, garfield,

thanks for the prompt reply ... actually more concerned with any 'hidden' cost. Let's say they
state that each table cost is $768+++, if est 30 tables, how wld the total cost add up to? any other costs to consider?

pauline

Hi all,

ANyone been to Pan Pac ocean ballroom? how is it like? Is it very old? nice or not?

I was just inform by the co-ordinator that the day i want is tentatively booked for PAcifica ballroom and i can only get ocean ballroom.

If is not nice, then i need to source again.

Pls advsie. thanks

Pauline

whiterose

Garfield: Your night photos never turn out to be nice so did you choose that. I guess you didn't. But how about the other Indoor and Outdoor Day Photos?

BTW, which theme decor did you choose?

Anyway, my marriage life so far so good.

Aileen, will send the link to you.

whiterose

Hi Pauline, I never attend any wedding at their Ocean Ballroom before but I've been there to take a look. Of course compare to the Pacific Ballroom, it is not as nice as that. I personally doesn't like the ocean ballroom cos the ceiling is very low. It doesn't look grand. Since you are paying the same price for each table irregardless of Pacific Ballroom or Ocean Ballroom. Why not take the Pacific Ballroom. Is there any other alternative date you have?

cheerios

Hi all,

My wedding was in May and Joanne was my coordinator and I find her quite nice and helpful. Wedding went without a hitch, very smooth. Maybe can try asking for her, but i'm not sure if she's still there. and I agree, the Pacific ballroom is fantastic!!! I had the whole ballroom and my guests were very impressed with the place.
happy.gif

pauline

Hi whiterose,

I don't have any alternative date and they can't promise me the ballroom even if i can confirm with them as someone has booked it.
So, she will have to check with the other parties. Anyway, i am now sourcing for alternative though i really like the Pacific ballroom alot.:-(

whiterose

Pauline, OIC.....may be you will like to go down to Pan Pac and take a look at their ocean. You may like the ballroom even though I don't like it as this is very individual. No harm take a look at it.

garfield

whiterose: i chose only 1 night photo for my album and the rest are indoor and outdoor day photos. the rest of the photos ok lah, at least better than the night photos *SMILE*

I chose a combination of garden & candlelight theme.

cindylink: you have to add in 1% government tax to $768 to give you $775.68 then add 3% GST tax to $775.68 to give you $798.9504 then add 10% service charge to $798.9504 to give you the final price of 878.84544. Get it? *hehe*

Personally, I prefer Pacific Ballroom as it feels grander & more spacious.
the Ocean Ballroom actually more for conference

cindylim

Like to find out something, I abit blur on the wedding dinner 'tradition', I get lots of diff answers, hee

My mum says the dinner cost is split bet bride and groom i.e each each pay for own tables and collect their own table angpaos and if my mother ask for 5 tables from the groom, he pays for her 5 tables but my mum keeps the 5 tables angpaos ... if my mother wants additional tables besides the 5 requested tables, she herself pays for excess.

But my fren says the groom pays for the whole dinner, but the bride collects the angpaos for her own tables etc. ...

Which is the correct one or it's up to the couple?

What is the trend 4 u all and for relatives' angpaos, yr mother keep or u?

cheerios

Hi Cindy, I would think whoever pays for the tables will keep the angbaos (except the case where your hubby pays for the 5 tables your mum wanted, then your mum keeps the angbaos for those tables as well).

Like you, our situation is quite similar. my mum is the one who pays for my side's tables, so naturally she keeps the angbaos, not me. But of cos, my hubby gave my mum a certain no. of tables, say 8, so when my mum foots the bill of the total 13 tables of my side, she oni pays for 5 tables while hubby pays for the 8 in addition to the tables for his side's relatives.

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

icemilo

Hi whiterose,

You've got good memory.
happy.gif
Yup, we ever chat in Punggol forum. I think our selection date was the same. I still remember you've given up. So, where did you choose in the end?

icemilo

garfield,

May I check with you something, when you mentioned that your theme will be a combi of garden and Candle, what will be on the stage? ((Stage will be like Whiterose, or it will be candles?))

whiterose

Icemilo, you got good memory too....still remember that I've given up my Q on the 4th quater selection. After we've given up the Q, HDB invited us to go for the 1 time off selection in Feb 2002 and we manage to select a unit at Blk 185. How about you? Which blk have you selected?

Yes, the Garden & Candle Theme will be the same as mine cos I've choosen this theme also. There will still a gazebo on the stage but there won't be any candlelights tree on the stage. What they do is that they will replace the flower centrepiece with a candle cum flower centrepiece.

M

mail lum

Hi whiterose,

I'm booking Pan Pac for my wedding next March... can I have a look at your pictures too? My e-mail add: [email protected]. thanks in advance!

As for the coordinators, they are really quite switch off. I have received their proposals for more than a month now, and they do not even bother to follow up on when i'm returning the signed contract and pay the deposit. Like you, it's because i like the ballroom so much that i still want to hold my wedding there. Otherwise, sigh... can forget about it. They are not even the least keen in confirming and getting the $$... maybe they have alot of business??

whiterose

Mail lum,

No problem, will send you the link of my photos.

Anyway, don't be too angry over those coordinator. Don't expect too much from them if you will to book with Pan Pac. Most important you must like the ballroom and your big day turn out to be a good one. But before you sign the contract, make sure your co-ordinator has indicated all the stuff that you've requested or given.

cheerful

hello,

I'm planning to sign up with panpac too during the coming bridal show (hope they have some good offers)

Can we negogiate the price with them? or request them to add more goodies into the package?

icemilo

Hi Whiterose,

Me selected 128B. Hubby was saying should we know that we can get to select EA units for Feb 2002, he would have given up too. But then, too late to regret liao lah.
happy.gif

Me still thinking whether should I choose for mix theme. Cos, heard from some pple that, the stage will be cramped with the gazebo. But then, I love to have "flowers" and candles lor. How huh? Really headache leh.

Any idea, say with the candle tree on the stage, will it look nice? Will it look simple?

enya

hi hi everyone

i just met up with the coordinator .. think they are really pretty bo chup ... as compared to wedding planners at MM and Sheraton, those are really professionals, and really very warm and friendly! which makes me really unwilling to sign with them. my god ... and the prices are expensive .. slightly above our budget, is there anyway they can structure our package to meet our budget requirements? guess not huh .. since they can't be bothered??

dino

hi, i also had my wedding at panpac. and i took the candle theme. the candle tree is very nice on stage.
happy.gif

as for the wedding planners... er... i think they have some major changes... so they tend to be a bit more bo chap. change planner loh.

whiterose

Icemilo, I personally don't find it cramp at all. May be becos we requested to extend the stage as we were having our solemnisation under the gazebo. I guess some ppls find it cramp is during the "Yam Seng" session cos lots of ppls have to stand under the gazebo. For me, still ok lei. We don't find it cramp at all. May be you can request to extend the stage so that more ppls can stand on the stage during the "yam seng" session.

For me, I find that the candle theme look very simple but it still look nice.

Enya, yes, you can actually request them to structure a package to meet your budget. But what they can do is to change the menu only. For example from 9 courses menu change to 8 courses menu etc. You can also request them to structure the package into a net price.

pauline

Enya,

Me too also have a very bad experience with pan pac co-ordinator. They r super "bo chup" when i called them up to enquire the booking. I decided to cancel my tentative booking with them cos the co-ordinator really have serious attitude problem. They r not keen to clinch a deal at all.

I do like their ballroom and theme deco but i don see why i should be the one asking them for business if they r not interested. There are nicer ballroom available in other hotels. I think is time they do some "soul-searching" and improve their customer service. Sorry, if i sound harsh but i am really unhappy with their service.

Anyway, I have already confirm my wedding banquet with Conrad. Though is slightly more expensive, the service is definitly 1000% better than Pan Pac.

Pauline

enya

pauline: i do agree with you. and the food is not as good as MM and Sheraton. yup, the ballroom and decor is beautiful ... we are still considering whether we want to face "bochup" people for at least a year ...

since they are so bochup, would they bother structuring our package? my bf was thinking if they can, he might consider them...but looking at their bo chup face, i wonder if they would bother.
sigh!!
sad.gif

cheerful

Hi,

I feel that since all of you here don't like their service, why not complain to [email protected]?

so at least they can improve on it?

hopefully if they see many pple complaining, they will make an effort to change?

A

aa

Anybody having their wedding during the past 2 months or the next 2 months? May I know how much is per table?

pen

Hi AA,

If u would like to know the price for the table, why dun u give them a call and ask them to fax u the price list? I think it should be more or less the same.(cant be too great diffrent)

Pen

petals

Hi Mail Lum & Icemilo,

I'm planning to book Pan Pac for my wedding next year in Oct/Nov - simply luv the Pacific ballroom and its theme setup. Did you-all managed to get a nett table price for your wedding banquet package? According to the sales manager, the formula for computing the table price for Yr 2003 is still not out yet (in view of the 5% GST).

Btw, I note that Pan Pac is offering 8-course menu even for the weekend package (for Jan 03 - Dec 03)- not sure whether this was a change from the past. Any comment on this?

Petals

icemilo

Hi Petals,

Let me check on my package and I shall let you noe ok?

By the way, are you going to attend the BV show at BV this coming Fri? Cos this is the time where you can get discount off the tables. Take mine for example, me signed up during their promotion period, and I've got 20 bucks off per table.

whiterose

Hi Petals, yes, I did manage to get a nett price for my wedding package. For me, I requested my co-ordinator to structure a nett package that was within my budget for.

M

mail lum

Hi Petals,

Yes, my package was based on a nett price. I think during my time when i first met up with the coordinator (who has since left), all the menu have 9 courses, even for weekdays. I managed to negotiate for a weekday package for 8 courses only and to be honest, i got quite a good package.

But since that coordinator left, I think the service has been quite bad. I haven't received a single call from the new gal since the day she took over. It was always me who try to contact her. I have to call her to ask for the contract, to arrange to meet up with her to pay the deposit and she never bothers to follow-up. Up to this day, 3 months already and I haven't signed the contract or paid the deposit. Like Pauline, I also dun see why i should be the one asking them for business. That's why i'm contemplating to cancel my tentative booking too.

Hmmm... but don't let me affect your decision. If you like the ballroom and the package, you should go ahead... maybe along the line, if you're not hpapy with the service, can lodge a complaint and they should improve their service. It's just that I don't want to bother anymore.

petals

Hi Icemilo,

I may not be able to attend the BV show at Pan Pac this Friday. Anyway, I understand from the sales manager that the hotel will be throwing in an extra complimentary barrel of beer (30 litres) for couples who signed up with them during the promotion. Dunno whether they will give out further discounts & freebies ...
happy.gif

Hi Whiterose,

Thanks for sharing. Like you, I plan to hold my wedding at Pacific Ballroom 2 & 3 - only have 36 tables at most. However, I'm rather concerned that Pacific Ballroom 1 will be taken up by some other functions on the actual day - the arriving guests could be confused by the two on-going events. How was it in your case?

Can I take a look at your photos as well. My email is: [email protected]

Many thanks!

Petals

C

chupachup_77

Hi Petals

I also managed to pay nett price per table for my wedding a few mths ago. But they gave me a weekday menu instead la. It's really quite ok for me cos weekday or weekend menu also food what. and which guests will question u why u serve weekday food on weekend?

anyway, spending within our budget was our priority then and PP was able to accomodate our requests so we finally went with them. But note we had more than 60 tables that's why they were also willing to give us such a good price.

anyway if u are interested to view my photos, let me know and i can send u the link.

petals

Hi Mail Lum,

Frankly, I shared the same feelings as you do - hv to do most of the callings & follow-up, as a matter of fact.

Nonetheless, I'm rather impressed by the professionalism shown by the work staff and the friendliness of the event managers; I managed to observe and talk to them on a couple of occasions while they were setting up the ballroom for the evening's wedding banquet. More importantly, the end result (the ballroom deco) is simply beautiful, I must say
wink.gif

It looks certain that Pan Pac has changed its wedding banquet menu afterall. The weekday and weekend menus that I have for next year are all 8 course - don't think it is within our budget to 'upgrade' the menu to 9 course. Dunno how the guests will feel as mine will fall on weekend ...
sad.gif

Petals

garfield

My wedding approaching!!! *ARGH* very stresssssss

by the way, those who held their wedding at Pan pac can give me some advice?

wat colors shld i choose for rose & gebras that Pan Pac will use for my ball room decoration?
was thinking of blue rose 7 yellow gebras but someone said it reminds her of IKEA! *hehe*