Club Chinois

tweetie76

hi, i m considering CC on 31dec05..can anybody share w me what are the freebies bsides no projector? does the package come w free flow of beer?

fanyong

Hi tweetie76,

Whether there is free flow of beer depends on when u sign up the package wif them... If u sign during their roadshow or during wedding fair, they will normally incl the free flow beer as a perk... But if u just walk in during normal day, then there may not be free flow beer.

Hi pricee,

The wedding flavour is just praline... meaning choc in a box...nothing fanciful... If u wan something special, u have to buy on ur own...

lazingbear

Hi Fanyong,
Do you mind emailing the pictures to [email protected]? Thks.

Anybody know when is their next wedding roadshow? Thks.
happy.gif

hanimin

Hi all,

I had signed up with Club Chinois for tea reception. Anyone had the experienced of attending one before? Any suggestions on how a tea reception programme can be like? Thanks

scobido

hi lazingbear

the next weddg fair for cc is on 24/04, $15nett for a couple, 1pm - 4pm. they will serve high tea.

u will be attending?just curious y u signed up w cc?ambience?food?

my hubby is quite keen to go...so may c u there if we sign up
happy.gif

skye_skye

I dropped by CC today to take a look at the ballroom and quite like the place, the location, and more or less trust their food standard. I'm considering this place! tho will go down to take a look on Saturday with his parents.

They changed the menu to Taipan, Regal & Royal. I'm not sure if how different it is from the prevous one.

Anyway, Eric didn't really show us the suite tho we asked about it. He said it's like normal hotel room. hmm...anyway does anyone have pics of the bridal suite?

And, about how much wine and/or beer is consumed? The Taipan menu doesn't have free flow beer and we were wondering if the 30litre one they provide is enough? Pls advice.

hi Fanyong,
Can you also share your photos with me?
my email is [email protected]

fanyong

Hi gals,

So sorry only get to see this thread today.... haven been active here...

I have send u all my photos liao..

Hi dolly,

yes I am the one from EB thread but my EG and CS are tailored made elsewhere, not from EB.

dollyme

hi fanyong,

thanks for ur pics...
u looked great and esp stunning in your EG.
a pity it isnt from EB.

if we dun use their EG or tea dress stated in our package, then how?

fanyong

Hi dolly,

Frankly speaking, to me, EB doesnt have any nice EG and I do not wan to regret by forcing myself to accept their EG.... so I tailored made my gown at TC... I think it is v worth it cos I received many compliments on my AD.

In fact, many EB brides also MTM their EG at TC.... TC's services are superb and they provide lots of nice ideas on how to make ur AD special. Unlike EB .... all they think abt is $. EB didnt even ask me for permission to display my photos during their roadshow (of course I have myself to blame too cos I didnt read the terms and conditions below their contract which says they have the right to use our pics) ... and my EG is not even from them so they tried to mislead pple into thinking they have nice EG.

These are base on my experience wif them... Of course, if u can lower ur expectations, u will be a happy bride wif EB.

dollyme

hi fanyong,

thanks for sharing.
since oreadi with EB hopefully can make the best out of it.if their EG really cannot make it,
then will consider tailoring elsewhere.
did they give u more photos for not using their EG?

skye_skye

Hi fanyong,
thanks for the pics!
happy.gif

you looked beautiful!! you changed to 2 EGs rite?..during which part of the dinner to change to EGs?

anyways i've signed up with Club Chinois already
happy.gif
quite satisfied with the place and i believe, the food.

went to take a look at a wedding there on saturday, they changed the 3-tier cake...no longer the large bears..tho i kinda find that quite interesting. :p

fanyong

Hi skye,

Thanks... For me, I wore my red EG during the reception, then I changed to my WG for the first march in . I changed into my CS for my second march in... then at end of function, I changed back to my red EG to see guests off.

Hi dolly,

They will change it to 1 or 2 photos.....

Hi getting married,

I will send u my photos after this.

greekgal

Hi fanyong
Tks for the pictures. You are so stunning and slim!
Just curious, is Club Chinos part of Orchard Parade hotel? I think i saw Orchard hotel rostrum in one of the pics. Thanks.

sherv_sherv

dear fanyong,
thanks for e pictures, they r really nice.
I am fr EB also, was ur MUA for AD fr EB too? Who is ur MUA btw?
=)

fanyong

Hi sherv,

Thanks. My MUA is Philisa.. Heard she no longer wif EB... My photographer is Ah Lim, also no longer wif EB liao...

suelynn

Hi Fanyong> Can show me ur fotos? I also interested to have club chinos for my AD. Tink someone mentioned dat the wedding cake no longer has the bears lei....

Oh yah my email is [email protected] Thanks!

fanyong

Hi shev,

thanks.... Actually I like Philisa's MU v much too.... But heard she migrated to overseas liao.. so too bad lor.

Hi suelynn,

Will send u the pics after this.
happy.gif

suelynn

Fanyong> Thanks for the pics, u r so pretty lei, so much change of clothes oso! U look like the chinese actress Peng Dan. U all know hw to pose, tink I will be so stiff. Thank you!

CC looks nt bad from the pix but cant really see well. Kinda posh feeling. U did urs in ballroom or restuarant?

fanyong

Hi suelynn,

Thanks.. Dont know who Peng Dan is leh....I had mine in the ballroom... In fact I have attached more ballroom pics in this thread earlier on. u jus scroll to the top to view..... As for posing, my gown designer advise me how to pose one... I myself also dunno how to pose...

Hi ah gal,

I will send u the photos after this...
happy.gif

egamibao

HI! Brides who held your dinners in CC, care to share your/relatives/friends comments about the food? I'm in a dilemma to choose either from CC or Nobel House.

CC is held in a ballrm hence better ambience, though more expensive, the packages offer better perks. However I've read some poor comments abt the food...some say gd, some say it sux..so not sure what to do...

Nobel Hse had alot of gd comments but the ambience is not as nice and dun prov alot of perks such as seat covers and parking coupons etc...

How..? Any advice?

teacup

hi hi. I am considering CC as well. Wondering if we can book the CC resturant instead of the ballroom? I cant find this information online. Anyone enquire about it?

skye_skye

hi teacup,
i think if u have less than 20 tables, it can be in the CC restaurant. coz i think that's the capacity of the restaurant. i would luv to have it there but i have more than 25 tables so will be at the ballroom.
u can check out their website
http://www.tunglok.com/index1.html
and call the number for CC to enquire
happy.gif

teacup

skye: thanks for the info. i think i will pop by their resturant to find out more. heard the resturant deco is nice.
happy.gif

gs1979

Hi all, i'm interested to have my AD @ CC too. If i hv more than 30 tables, can i still hv d wedding dinner there? Can someone advise?? Thanks!

i_panda77

teacup: yes the restaurant itself is nice cos they just renovate not long ago...think in jun last yr...

gintonic: the max the ballroom can hold is 32...cos 2 tables will be block by the 2 pillars..so the ideal no is 30

small_one

hey gintonic...

i just signed with them on sun...

if you refer to CC (i.e. restaurant), it's max capacity is 26 tables.

If you refer to CC (i.e. ballroom), think it can hold about 30 tables.

I took the restaurant.

beourwitness

Hi, my hubby and I will be having a simple sit-down dinner next year with family and relatives. We do not intend to have the usual march-in, cake-cutting etc. Hence will be a normal sit down dinner. But we prefer to have a private area. Any idea if CC offer a private room for such small crowd?

skye_skye

About how many tables will that be?

I went for food tasting last week, and we were in a private area (table of 10). Cool-looking sliding door to keep the commotions inside out.
There was a partition which i think opens to the other private area.

You can just stop by and look for Eric the banquet manager or juz pop by to ask them. Service is fantastic & so is the food and ambience
happy.gif

katherine_lecoq

Hi Hi!

I am thinking of holding my AD at club chinoise too! In the restaurant though. Any one has pictures of the decoration of the place? Eric sent me a picture. It really looked errr.. Was thinking if anyone took some photos of their actual day held in the restaurant?

What about the food? I am thinking of going for the Regal Menu as well!

Please share your comments and photos! Fan yong, can you share your pics with me pleaseeee... =)

My e-mail: [email protected]

bibigal

hi katherine

Err...i have already made booking with CC lah been to CC find tt the most disad is tt the ceiling is very low but i heard tt the food thumb up
happy.gif
cos is from tung lok and the price is reasonable ... hey try to negiotate more freebies with the manager Eric .. regarding the menu if i am not wrong u can decide later and you can oso request for a ballroom in orchard parade hotel ...
happy.gif

katherine_lecoq

Hi bibigal,

Thank you for the feedback! Actually I am stuck between Carlton and CC. Drawback of CC is that it can only hold 17 tables in the restaurant and it looks quite dark with separate private rooms. I sent my friend to take a look and she prefers Carlton leh.. in a dilemma. I can't request for the Ballroom coz I have between 16 to 18 tables.

You've seen CC, besides ceiling low any other drawbacks. Thing is I cannot go own personally so I need feedbacks from people. =(

Is it dark? Have you seen the wedding set up? Are you having your dinner in the restaurant or ballroom?

errrrr......headache!