2019 BTB

ladeelaa

Hey babe,
Recently came to know this pg (WLoon Photography) at Penang frm my friend.
Their photos looks good, u can try asking :))
I’m checking out their price at the moment too :p
Let me know how his pricing is like also leh :p I'm looking at V Wedding because their photog Jeff is quite good (imo) and he did the PWS and AD for our friend's wedding

Jaygab

I calculated hor, if taking non-budget airline to go Bangkok just for the tailor-made suit, it’s kind of bo hua..

One tix ~ $250 ($500 for both of us)
Hotel ~ $250 (4 night stay)
One set tailor made suit ~ $400

$1000 already! Not including expenses there, transportations (taxi), shopping.

So it’s only more practical for those who are already planning to go for a trip instead of just travel there for tailoring suit as main purpose.

maddyTSY

I’m also thinking about this! Most of the bridal shops have limited suit selection and none really catch our eye. May tailormade for groom and rent gown for bride.

Saw some places promotion what $299,$399 can have whole suit tailored. But of cos I think the material is so so kind.

I’m intending to tailor made suit for my HTB. So we will be heading to Bkk for it. Since it’s cheaper over there and there’s fabric for you to choose as well. Most importantly choose your gown first before tailor made his suit. Otherwise, it won’t match your gown. I will be going for gown fitting next month.

ladeelaa

I calculated hor, if taking non-budget airline to go Bangkok just for the tailor-made suit, it’s kind of bo hua..

So it’s only more practical for those who are already planning to go for a trip instead of just travel there for tailoring suit as main purpose.
I think it's more of finding a reason to BKK

Actually hor, it's more like giving myself an excuse to go BKK! Hahha!

minixton

Actually booking separately will usually cost more, just that you get to choose everything you want. Taking package will be fuss free and cheaper but restricted to the options they offer: gowns, suits, PG, MUA, flowers

Oops, i didnt know about that. My friends all told me that the package was more expensive than separately booked

minixton

Which studio did you choose in the end?

So actually booking separately will save abit compared to packages offered by them?

We chose whitelink as our studio cause of their reputation. As least it won’t close down aruptly (hopefully) since our wedding is more than one year ahead when we signed the package :)

Apparently other BTB here mentioned it’s cheaper to get the package

eang18

Oops, i didnt know about that. My friends all told me that the package was more expensive than separately booked

Its a balance of both :) Ala Carte means you need to spend more time sourcing but you have the benefits of personalising to your heart's content. However, personalising everything does means higher cost as its for you only *wink*. Package would means that most things are template driven... the photos, the pose, the scenery, the gowns but then its cheaper since they repeated dozen of times :D

eang18

We chose whitelink as our studio cause of their reputation. As least it won’t close down aruptly (hopefully) since our wedding is more than one year ahead when we signed the package :)

Apparently other BTB here mentioned it’s cheaper to get the package

Closing down dont happen everyday la ... but if it happens, just need to be calm and handle it step by step. Dont worry too much, actually there are more hungry vendors than hungry customers, if you understand what I meant.

Cheers!

stitchys

Yah. Did the calculation with HTB, unless there’s some other purpose to go and the tailoring is just a plus bonus but sadly he dun like bkk lol

We going HK in Aug though
Any BTBs got good recommendations for HK to tailormade? Hahahahaha!!!

I went by to check out G2000 suits, they’re more affordable and doesn’t look so bad. But we didn’t try on full suit to check it out though..

ladeelaa

Yah. Did the calculation with HTB, unless there’s some other purpose to go and the tailoring is just a plus bonus but sadly he dun like bkk lol

We going HK in Aug though
Any BTBs got good recommendations for HK to tailormade? Hahahahaha!!!

I went by to check out G2000 suits, they’re more affordable and doesn’t look so bad. But we didn’t try on full suit to check it out though..
I've seen pretty nice suits at Topman, H&M, Zara and even SPAO (there's no SPAO in sg though),and prices are quite affordable..

stitchys

Let me know how his pricing is like also leh :p I'm looking at V Wedding because their photog Jeff is quite good (imo) and he did the PWS and AD for our friend's wedding

Hey babe,
I got the quote already.
They do local (Penang), outstation (other locations in Msia) and overseas as well.
Pretty attractive for the local and imo if you are planning to go Penang for the pws.
U might wanna consider it. Their partner bs is Luminous Wedding Gallery.
Not sure what is being offered by V Wedding, u dun mind we can compare and discuss in private :p

ladeelaa

Hey babe,
I got the quote already.
They do local (Penang), outstation (other locations in Msia) and overseas as well.
Pretty attractive for the local and imo if you are planning to go Penang for the pws.
U might wanna consider it. Their partner bs is Luminous Wedding Gallery.
Not sure what is being offered by V Wedding, u dun mind we can compare and discuss in private :p
How come I can't send the message to you? Kept getting prompted that message contains spam-like content??
Maybe you can PM me first?

LONCS31117

Morning girls (and guys if any), Can I know what do you all usually ask for for the wedding banquet? In addition to what is already given?

eang18

Morning girls (and guys if any), Can I know what do you all usually ask for for the wedding banquet? In addition to what is already given?

Some hotel have limited (or just one) presidential suite for use as Bridal Suite
Spare Room - Possible extension to 1 night stay, rather than just Day use room
No. of Invites/Inserts/ Carpark coupons
Common perks like Free table, free flow of beer/ wines
Provide beer/ wine during cocktail reception, rather than when guests are seated
Dry ice for both March-ins (if you need la)
Usage of Function room, if you doing solemnization and tea ceremony in hotel

Mabelminks

Hi!

I'm July BTB. Only got my wedding bands booked haha

Still sourcing for PG/VG & Venue.
Anyone got recommendation of PG/VG in the same house? Heard they would have better "mo qi" :p
My budget is about 2.2k - 3k.

LONCS31117

Hi!

Anyone got recommendation of PG/VG in the same house? Heard they would have better "mo qi" :p

We managed to book our VG from Johor, iStudio video productions. They also do PG. Rates for their VG is 2888 sgd. Videos looks amazing to my Htb and we made a deposit on the spot during the Johor wedding fair recently.

ladeelaa

Hi ladies!

Between InterContinental and The Westin, which would you choose? Given all the perks and per table price is the same.

eang18

i recalled Westin Ballroom is on the longish layout while Intercon seemed to be leaning towards squarish.
Would prefer Intercon as it seemed bigger and more spacious.

Cheers!

ladeelaa

i recalled Westin Ballroom is on the longish layout while Intercon seemed to be leaning towards squarish.
Would prefer Intercon as it seemed bigger and more spacious.

Cheers!
Hi eang18,

The Westin is more narrow, and good for 26 tables and below, otherwise it'll be a be tight for the couple to walk to the stage. InterCon is definitely more spacious.

But Westin is much newer and the suite is really nice! I'm so torn between the two because I love InterCon ballroom but I love the Westin's rooms and the fact that it's newer. And can redeem starpoints for hotel stays or miles...the dilemma...

maddyTSY

Hi!

Try Equarius photography or KW studio! I got quoted less than $3k for 3 in 1 package ( photo, video & photo booth)

Piggy1988

Hi btb 2019

My date is ard AUG 2019 and my htb and I jus book our wedding luncheon last weekend. We also signed a bridal package last weekend under pressure and now I feel kind of regretted for not doing it under ala carte. Kind of worry that the bridal package’s photographer might not give me the standard that I want. On the other side, I kept consoling myself that the bridal package is quite affordable as compared to ala carte the price might be higher.

I’m looking for actual day photographer and videographer. Any recommendation for Budget?

maddyTSY

Hi btb 2019

My date is ard AUG 2019 and my htb and I jus book our wedding luncheon last weekend. We also signed a bridal package last weekend under pressure and now I feel kind of regretted for not doing it under ala carte. Kind of worry that the bridal package’s photographer might not give me the standard that I want. On the other side, I kept consoling myself that the bridal package is quite affordable as compared to ala carte the price might be higher.

I’m looking for actual day photographer and videographer. Any recommendation for Budget?

My recommendation for budget is between $2.5k-$3k.

ladeelaa

Hi btb 2019

Which bridal studio did you signed? I almost signed a package last weekend too, but thank God my HTB helped me out of the situation. But I did place a deposit for another bridal studio to secure the promo though, only because the deposit is refundable and valid for 2 years.

Piggy1988

Which bridal studio did you signed? I almost signed a package last weekend too, but thank God my HTB helped me out of the situation. But I did place a deposit for another bridal studio to secure the promo though, only because the deposit is refundable and valid for 2 years.
We signed it with bluebay wedding. Htb and I didn’t want to go Taiwan to take pictures at all cos we don’t like it but then is the price that actually attracted us, don’t ask me how much ;). Which did u sign up with?

LONCS31117

We signed it with bluebay wedding. Htb and I didn’t want to go Taiwan to take pictures at all cos we don’t like it but then is the price that actually attracted us, don’t ask me how much ;). Which did u sign up with?

Same like you, I didn’t want to go Taiwan to take pictures. In fact, I didn’t want to take any pictures and we were only looking around for AD gown rentals. But the amount that one of the Taiwan vendors they had was too attractive. Or rather I think I shamelessly offered a price that I was willing to pay, given we didn’t consider taking PW shots in the first place.

Piggy1988

Same like you, I didn’t want to go Taiwan to take pictures. In fact, I didn’t want to take any pictures and we were only looking around for AD gown rentals. But the amount that one of the Taiwan vendors they had was too attractive. Or rather I think I shamelessly offered a price that I was willing to pay, given we didn’t consider taking PW shots in the first place.

Yea, sometimes is the price that caught our attention. The person was very hard selling on the packages and spoke to us for 3hours plus.

Mind sharing which bridal shop did u sign up with?

ladeelaa

Because we weren't looking for any PWS package, we just hurriedly walked pass those booths, I signed with The Gown Warehouse, gave only $50 deposit to secure the $400 discount. And the $50 is refundable if I really can't find anything in their shop. Plus, it's only $50, so even if not refundable also not that heart pain.

Piggy1988

I’m actually thinking of not having a videographer as I’m not having the gatecrash session but at the same time I would like to have the moments being captured in the morning as well as during the solemnisation. Any btb or gb can share their experiences especially those who doesn’t have gatecrash .

coldjade

I’m actually thinking of not having a videographer as I’m not having the gatecrash session but at the same time I would like to have the moments being captured in the morning as well as during the solemnisation. Any btb or gb can share their experiences especially those who doesn’t have gatecrash .

I also don't plan to have gate crash and only have 1 Bridesmaid. But still have Videographer because of Church wedding and yah, just wanna capture the moment when my HTB comes and fetch me because I won't be at the door to see what happened.

ladeelaa

Any BTB who don't plan on showing your HTB what you are wearing (the wedding gown) till the actual day itself? You know like, how the ang mo grooms always tear when they see their bride walk down the aisle. Haha!

libraangel

Any BTB who don't plan on showing your HTB what you are wearing (the wedding gown) till the actual day itself? You know like, how the ang mo grooms always tear when they see their bride walk down the aisle. Haha!

Hahaha! Initially I want to do that too but then we are taking pre wedding photos. So he will be seeing it already?

My Best Friend did that. And her hubby really tear. The PG manage to catch the best picture!!!

Unless you are not taking pre wedding, it can be done. But you have to Ensure that the dress match the guy one for the second march in too!

coldjade

Me!! So I got a cheap gown from Taobao incase he wants to see during PWS. But the actual day one will be different, more grand and of course prettier. Hopefully will have the effect Libraangel mentioned!

ladeelaa

Hahaha! Initially I want to do that too but then we are taking pre wedding photos. So he will be seeing it already?

My Best Friend did that. And her hubby really tear. The PG manage to catch the best picture!!!

Unless you are not taking pre wedding, it can be done. But you have to Ensure that the dress match the guy one for the second march in too!

My PWS is gonna be from another bridal shop so the dress will definitely be different. But because we got gatecrashing before the church wedding, so how do I go about surprising him? I'd rather he be shock when in church though :D:Dhahahah

Me!! So I got a cheap gown from Taobao incase he wants to see during PWS. But the actual day one will be different, more grand and of course prettier. Hopefully will have the effect Libraangel mentioned!

My HTB not even that keen to join me for gown searching sessions...he'll be busy at work anyways..he does make me feel like as long as I'm not wearing a trash bag to walk down the aisle, he'll be alright with whatever else I wear :confused:

coldjade

My PWS is gonna be from another bridal shop so the dress will definitely be different. But because we got gatecrashing before the church wedding, so how do I go about surprising him? I'd rather he be shock when in church though :D:Dhahahah

My HTB not even that keen to join me for gown searching sessions...he'll be busy at work anyways..he does make me feel like as long as I'm not wearing a trash bag to walk down the aisle, he'll be alright with whatever else I wear :confused:

My HTB is not exactly interested either. He just say due to church, not too short (high-low), not bare back, only can show a bit shoulder. So I guess we just choose whatever that will stunt him?

I'll most probably go gown fitting alone. But I have yet to decide a place. Might choose The Gown Connoisseur.

Last edited:

ladeelaa

My HTB is not exactly interested either. He just say due to church, not too short (high-low), not bare back, only can show a bit shoulder. So I guess we just choose whatever that will stunt him?

I'll most probably go gown fitting alone. But I have yet to decide a place. Might choose The Gown Connoisseur.
To be honest, after browsing all the different bridal shop (instagram and website), I feel that they are actually more or less the same, as in we can definitely find something from one of them, it's just a matter of price. And considering my daily attire, I think he'd be stunned on that day. Hahha! Anyways, he better be lah!

As much as it's a once in a lifetime event, I don't think it's worth throwing in too much money into it. There will always be someone who does it better than you (if you are the comparing sort), and if I am not well to do like those other couples, than I better not be comparing mine to theirs. As long as both of us are happy, that matters the most, we can't please everyone after all.

coldjade

To be honest, after browsing all the different bridal shop (instagram and website), I feel that they are actually more or less the same, as in we can definitely find something from one of them, it's just a matter of price. And considering my daily attire, I think he'd be stunned on that day. Hahha! Anyways, he better be lah!

As much as it's a once in a lifetime event, I don't think it's worth throwing in too much money into it. There will always be someone who does it better than you (if you are the comparing sort), and if I am not well to do like those other couples, than I better not be comparing mine to theirs. As long as both of us are happy, that matters the most, we can't please everyone after all.

I thought so too. Hence Taobao and The Gown Connoisseur. The Taobao gown I ordered is $59 with veil and petticoat! My girlfriends gave me the judging stares though, and went "Omg Don't lah! Cannot lah!" Hais, don't know why must react like this.

Recently I started to put on less makeup and dress in simple clothes so he will forget the "pretty" me. Haha! Let's hope it works.

ladeelaa

I thought so too. Hence Taobao and The Gown Connoisseur. The Taobao gown I ordered is $59 with veil and petticoat! My girlfriends gave me the judging stares though, and went "Omg Don't lah! Cannot lah!" Hais, don't know why must react like this.

Recently I started to put on less makeup and dress in simple clothes so he will forget the "pretty" me. Haha! Let's hope it works.

Me too! He's like so used to me in my at-home get-up that when I do dress up at times, he'd be "Why you wear so nice ah? Go out a while only leh." :rolleyes:

Talking bout being judgy..I feel I'm more excited about my own wedding than my bridesmaids. I was kinda expecting the other way round....

eang18

Me too! He's like so used to me in my at-home get-up that when I do dress up at times, he'd be "Why you wear so nice ah? Go out a while only leh." :rolleyes:

Talking bout being judgy..I feel I'm more excited about my own wedding than my bridesmaids. I was kinda expecting the other way round....

Nowadays everyone is busy and so many stuffs on one's mind, so its kinda hard to be excited on something, lest you are the direct subject :) Dont be frustrated and continue engaging your bridemaids, and share your plans etc.

eang18

Hi eang18,

The Westin is more narrow, and good for 26 tables and below, otherwise it'll be a be tight for the couple to walk to the stage. InterCon is definitely more spacious.

But Westin is much newer and the suite is really nice! I'm so torn between the two because I love InterCon ballroom but I love the Westin's rooms and the fact that it's newer. And can redeem starpoints for hotel stays or miles...the dilemma...

Another thing is note will be the level of service provided during the banquet event i.e. the attitude of the event/ banquet coordinator - are they very attentive and easy, or just aloof, do they serve individual portion for every table, do they provide someone (assistant) to you throughout the event, so she will hold your dress while u walkaround during the cocktail, and also throughout the event, bring you drinks etc. Those will also be key factor to decide as those really help for the actual event :)

eang18

I also don't plan to have gate crash and only have 1 Bridesmaid. But still have Videographer because of Church wedding and yah, just wanna capture the moment when my HTB comes and fetch me because I won't be at the door to see what happened.

Will be very nice and loving if you and ur HTB could write each other a letter, and prepare a gift to exchange when he comes over to fetch you :)
He can even read it to you at the door too :)

Jaygab

OMG SAME!!!!!

Piggy1988

Personally, I feel the same as u do. Most importantly is the marriage will be loving. All the nice gown and everything is just mainly for show. o_O As Long as both of u is fine and happy, that’s most important. :)

The tabao dress u got it already? How is it ?

coldjade

Will be very nice and loving if you and ur HTB could write each other a letter, and prepare a gift to exchange when he comes over to fetch you :)
He can even read it to you at the door too :)

Ahh~ Ideas! Actually I ordered a watch he really likes but cannot be found in SG and wanted to "propose" to him with it after Mass at the church he really likes. Just thought he bought me an engagement ring so I should buy something significant for him too. But presenting it to him with a letter on AD seems nice too! Should I do it after he unveil me when he fetches me?

coldjade

Personally, I feel the same as u do. Most importantly is the marriage will be loving. All the nice gown and everything is just mainly for show. o_O As Long as both of u is fine and happy, that’s most important. :)

The tabao dress u got it already? How is it ?

Ikr! After I started wedding prep, I feel that the most important is that me and my HTB enjoy the whole process.

I have yet to receive the dress. So excited. Will post pictures when I do.
I hope it works cuz it will save us sooooo much money.
This is how it "should" look like:
dress.jpg

Might buy a long veil because I want a train effect when I march in at the church. Hee.

ladeelaa

Ahh~ Ideas! Actually I ordered a watch he really likes but cannot be found in SG and wanted to "propose" to him with it after Mass at the church he really likes. Just thought he bought me an engagement ring so I should buy something significant for him too. But presenting it to him with a letter on AD seems nice too! Should I do it after he unveil me when he fetches me?
So many cool ideas here!!!