2019 BTB

hellomich

I just booked my bridal package with Castalia wedding in JB! Very nice and friendly staffs inside. Know what they are doing and gives very good suggestions. Price is very good too! Pm me if you would like to know more about the package!

Hi Starrie58,

I am a Aug 2019 BTB. May I know the price of the package u signed up for? :)

Thank you!

KKR

You can check out The Gown Warehouse for full yet cheap packages (mine is with them) or The Gown Connoisseur if you just need gown.

My package includes PWS (with gowns + suits + makeup), AD gowns + suits, AD MUA, AD photographer, AD florist, AD bridal car blah blah, really is Bao Kah Liao, for around 6.5k,

The Gown Connoisseur has price list on their website. You can check it out!

Hi coldjade,

I am a Nov 2019 BTB. May I know the price of the package u signed up?

Thank you!

KKR

I just booked my bridal package with Castalia wedding in JB! Very nice and friendly staffs inside. Know what they are doing and gives very good suggestions. Price is very good too! Pm me if you would like to know more about the package!

Hi Starrie58,

I am a Nov 2019 BTB. May I know the price of the package u signed up?

Thank you!

awjwliz

Hi guys, would appreciate abit of advice here. If i'm planning for a wedding September 2019, have I started too late? I've only nailed down my venue. Seems like everyone's starting like .. so early and i'm worried i'm late. :(
Hi fellow Sept 2019 BTB, I'm glad there is someone the same time as me. I do not think it will be too early to book. Is yours a lunch or dinner? I signed a package with Rico-a-mona so they provide me with gowns, PG, MUA and all flowers.

yukime

Hi All, I have just one bridemaid and she is asking for makeup, hair and ask me to treat for upcoming buffet that is to discuss our actual day itinerary. I am her jiemei on her wedding and have never ask for these and not given as well. Just feel sad over these.
hi xbd, ohh so this are your worries because the previous thread you didnt mention.
Let her know that Makeup she have to do it herself if she need a Professional MUA to do her makeup then ask her to pay the Makeup and hairdo Services. As for Buffet, Let her know that you and Your hubby will decide where to go. (But use a polite tone)
Dont Be sad, Its Just a Small Matter. Just Be happy. Cheers:)

emmzkeeps

2019 Sept btb here : ) Anyone sending save the date invites ? I'm planning to do so by end Jan, or Feb/March just to roughly get a headcount for my banquet haha

BadKitty

I signed a package with The Gown Warehouse. Cheap and bao kah liao. Btw they also give a free first dance class. Haha.

Hi hi... I also signed with TGW. Have the free class too but HTB refuse to go for it. Zzz... have u gone for the dance class? Worth going?

Knightinblack

2019 Sept btb here : ) Anyone sending save the date invites ? I'm planning to do so by end Jan, or Feb/March just to roughly get a headcount for my banquet haha

Would recommend to Find the place that you will be having the wedding and book the place first
After the date and place is confirmed then you confirm the numbers

The number of tables can be changed accordingly but double check with the hotel and also confirm the minimum number of people that u know sure will make it before you book

RachelQueek

2019 BTB! :) Everything is more or less settled but video for banquet day not settle yet! :(
I saw this company doing visual effect video but not sure suitable for wedding?

beautillusion

hi Starrie,

I am also interested to find out about the package. Would you be able to share more?

Thanks!

coldjade

Hais... The MUA I chose for AD (part of bridal studio package) has suddenly quit and they replace with a MUA I've never heard before.
She happen to be the same person the studio arranged for my PWS. So I shall see how my PWS turns out...
But if I don't really like my PWS experience, do you guys think I should hire a MUA for my AD and just forgo the one from the Bridal studio?

Mia F

Oh dear, I'm an Oct BTB and for now I've only settled my banquet venue and booked my overseas prewed shoot. Everything else is a blank (including ANY form of planning for my July ROM)....
Is it too late to start planning now? I'm thinking of finding an AD package from a JB bridal shop ASAP (many good reviews on Castalia, but not sure about their dresses/kua designs) but my fiance wants to try our luck for affordable ones in Qingdao during our prewed shoots in end April, meaning to say the earliest we can start looking for an AD package will be in May. Is it too late then? Kinda stressed out now seeing so many BTBs planning so early in advance....

coldjade

Oh dear, I'm an Oct BTB and for now I've only settled my banquet venue and booked my overseas prewed shoot. Everything else is a blank (including ANY form of planning for my July ROM)....
Is it too late to start planning now? I'm thinking of finding an AD package from a JB bridal shop ASAP (many good reviews on Castalia, but not sure about their dresses/kua designs) but my fiance wants to try our luck for affordable ones in Qingdao during our prewed shoots in end April, meaning to say the earliest we can start looking for an AD package will be in May. Is it too late then? Kinda stressed out now seeing so many BTBs planning so early in advance....

But get in Qing Dao means must go back and return? Like mafan leh.

It's not tooooo late but I would prefer somewhere near so at least if anything happen (emergency alter service, change gown etc) can contact or go down easily. And usually package also include MUA, flowers etc. So get local (or at least JB) make more sense. Unless you are just buying the gown and come back.

But alter gown quite pricey so even if the gowns in China is cheap and pretty, the altering will end up be more ex than the gown itself sometimes.

If you are only doing banquet then it's fairly simple. Just look pretty can already.
But if you are doing whole package ah, tea lah, church/chinese praying lah etc,
then better start early if not near the date you will be super busy.
Better spread out the work.

Maybe start listing what you need, then plan accordingly.

Mia F

But get in Qing Dao means must go back and return? Like mafan leh.

It's not tooooo late but I would prefer somewhere near so at least if anything happen (emergency alter service, change gown etc) can contact or go down easily. And usually package also include MUA, flowers etc. So get local (or at least JB) make more sense. Unless you are just buying the gown and come back.

But alter gown quite pricey so even if the gowns in China is cheap and pretty, the altering will end up be more ex than the gown itself sometimes.

If you are only doing banquet then it's fairly simple. Just look pretty can already.
But if you are doing whole package ah, tea lah, church/chinese praying lah etc,
then better start early if not near the date you will be super busy.
Better spread out the work.

Maybe start listing what you need, then plan accordingly.

Yeah, fiance is thinking of buying the gown & kua from Qingdao if we can find. But after extensive googling i'm not hopeful because they're not really cheap (they're only dirt cheap for rental), at least for the kind of kua (xiu he fu) I'm hoping to get. So i'm wondering if I should drop the idea of buying in QD and just going ahead with searching for JB bridal shop AD packages....

Getting mixed advice on the "best" time to sign AD package though. Some advised if too late, will run short of available dresses. If too early, during the time of our booking till actual wedding day, many brides would have worn the dress (dress becomes worn out).

coldjade

Yeah, fiance is thinking of buying the gown & kua from Qingdao if we can find. But after extensive googling i'm not hopeful because they're not really cheap (they're only dirt cheap for rental), at least for the kind of kua (xiu he fu) I'm hoping to get. So i'm wondering if I should drop the idea of buying in QD and just going ahead with searching for JB bridal shop AD packages....

Getting mixed advice on the "best" time to sign AD package though. Some advised if too late, will run short of available dresses. If too early, during the time of our booking till actual wedding day, many brides would have worn the dress (dress becomes worn out).

The dresses are not new when you pick them anyway. So no matter what many people would have worn it, late or early. Bridal studios will maintain and do repairs, and no one will see the details actually.

JuneBTB

Hello! Looking at the chain of messages, seem that there is a grp chat for BTB 2019. Mind adding me? Im June BTB. Thanks!

Lingx91

I am still in btwn. Deciding btwn dec19 or feb20. Still waitin to "calculate" my date. Haha.
I wanna do my weddin dinner at Park Royal kitchener. But the person on the email liaising with me like not very nice. And i have yet to arrange the time to head down and see how the ballroom is like.
Anyone has feedbacks on the hotel?

Huaysze

Hi, i m a dec2019 BTB
Can add me in the chatgroup!

Had my prewed shoot took at taiwan with Franceparis.

AD gowns MUA by lovestory from the BOWS

Now looking for AD photography & videography!

icecreamgirl

Hi 2019 BTB,

Congrats to your big day.

I have some items that you might be interested. Kindly check the following Carousell link.
https://sg.carousell.com/little_miss_wardrobe/
Includes
- SKII whitening masks
- Staccato Bling Bling shoes worn once for wedding. It is very very comfortable.
- red plate for oranges
- decorations such as wedding bears, guest book etc.

Pokkiedots11

Hi all!

Due to the implementation of the GST tax in SG, understand that each person is only allow SGD100.

Have signed for PWS & AD gowns from JB, anyone knows how to bring them into SG?
Or Anyone encountered?

What should I do?

Thanks a million!

Tuesdays

Hi :)
Just wondering if anyone here has held their wedding banquet at Concorde Hotel recently? Any reviews (in terms of food & service) for Concorde hotel dinner banquet? Saw some positive reviews but the posts were quite back-dated. Am considering taking up their weekend dinner package for 2020.
Thanks in advance! :)

yippee916

Hi :)
Just wondering if anyone here has held their wedding banquet at Concorde Hotel recently? Any reviews (in terms of food & service) for Concorde hotel dinner banquet? Saw some positive reviews but the posts were quite back-dated. Am considering taking up their weekend dinner package for 2020.
Thanks in advance! :)

Hihi, I have booked with Concorde for my wedding in Dec 19 :) just went for food tasting last month. Overall experience were good and pleasant as of now. Foods were unexpectedly good too, our family (both mine family and HTB family) were pleased and enjoy the food served. I personally attended a wedding dinner in 2017, I like their ballroom which is very spacious and pillar-less.