2019 BTB

Phoebe Lummy

Hi ladies, I’m going for my first PWS gown fitting. And im not too sure if i need to wear nubra or will normal bra works cause I’m going after work. Can anyone share their experience on what to expect/bring/wear?
Nubra will be better for gown fitting. Tested and proven! haha!

Jaygab

Can any kind soul share how’s the bridal studio’s suit for the groom? Do they have good selections and options such as vest and jackets like double breasted kind?

Katherineting

Guess i really need to get it soon. Any idea where can i get an affordable one?
Can just get from Bugis street I think?
$30 for 2 sets max?
For trying on should be okay.. :)
Some of the gowns have padded cups built in so don’t even need to have nubra but nubra makes it easier for our personal comfort. Less exposed ^^

Katherineting

Hi all BTBs! I am also looking to get married in 2019. :p

I will be going my mother hometown, Penang for my prewedding shoot. So I am just looking at local actual day package.

But I have problem choosing bridal studio for my actual day wedding. I have went to:

-Z wedding at 2017 BOWS : forget the package price but they were really pushy. They didn't want us to leave their booth and keep persuading us to signed on the spot. Altho the gown are really pretty, but their sales tactic was a turn-off. By the time we left their booth, we were very tired and didn't want to stay at BOWS anymore.
-Thomson Wedding Collection: They have really nice gown and will launch new gown every month(according to the sales girl). The consultant understand wedding very well but I read quite a bit of bad reviews online saying that the gown they like was "taken" etc. I haven't try on their gown but the workmanship looked really good. Not as pushy as Z wedding but of cos all consultant would hope for us to sign the package on that day. I really like the consultant that meet me that day! They quote me 3099 sgd for 2 gowns, 1 kua, father jacket, makeup and floral decor. Which is kind of pricey.
-White Link: Tried 4 gowns and their gown is really very pretty as they have in-house tailor. The workmanship is really pretty with all the beads and crystal. I didn't signed the package they offer as their gown variety seems a little bit limited. They quote me 2588 sgd for 2 designer gown, 1 kua, father jacket, makeup and floral decor.

I planned to visit the following studio after reading reviews online:
- Alisha&Lace
- Fleur D'sign
- BQueens
- Kelly Bridal
- The gown warehouse

Any kind advice from fellow BTB? ;)
Omg I’m like you!
Went to La Belle, TGW, ZWedding, Luna Bianca and Alisha&Lace.
Luna Bianca - the ones I wanted weren’t in, and they left pins lying around. I stepped on one, and another scratched my thigh(bled)... They were inside the room with me the whole time when I tried gowns, which felt very weird. Restricted to 3 gowns but we told them I wanna try 5, so in the end they relented. Don’t feel comfortable with them.

TGW - when I was there, Saw quite a few girls coming in to choose their actual day and kept hearing the girl say oh this gown is not available for your wedding. The embellishments and selection wasn’t great. Can only try 4-5 gowns too. Price is good though. But the sales lady say different month, promo and price will change.

Zwedding - the lady who served me was patient but they also limited the number of gowns you can try, they spoke to me for about 1.5 hours minus the gown trying portion. Never hardsell but then I find their price too steep.
Maybe because they have had SG bloggers and local actors endorsement. $2.2K for first gown, subsequent services 30% off. Not great. Gowns were pretty though, quite unique.

La Belle - very strict can only try 3 gowns. Designs not bad but price also not great for their Ala Carte package. Not impressed.

Alisha & Lace - went in, fell in love, price reasonable. Not sure how it’ll be but the gowns are pretty heavy. Hope won’t be too difficult to walk. Tried on some that I can’t fit but also saw some really fabulous wedding and evening gowns there. Lady was very nice, can try as many gowns as I want during my appointment. Not super pushy and even sent me a pic of me in the dress that I’ve tried and really really like. Still thinking if I want to go with them.

Anyone have any other recommendations? :)

creami

Hi April9669,

Generally, You may wish to consult Master Long or Master David Tong. Mine was consulted by Master David Tong. He's really nice and will go extra miles for you.

I second that. Sent email to Master David Tong asked a couple of questions (not related to wedding dates) and he replied without any charges. I'll consider to consult him once I got my new home. :D

maddyTSY

I second that. Sent email to Master David Tong asked a couple of questions (not related to wedding dates) and he replied without any charges. I'll consider to consult him once I got my new home. :D

Me too! Because I had a change of ROM instead of together with AD. So I had to consult him and he’s really nice. New home . Maybe I shall consult him too to check out the surrounding once the house is ready.

minixton

One of my close colleague is getting married 2 months before my AD. I’m invited as part of the bridesmaids and I really wish to attend her wedding. But because of the 3 months pantang, my HTB doesn’t want me to attend.

What do you girls think I should do?

Derfaith

One of my close colleague is getting married 2 months before my AD. I’m invited as part of the bridesmaids and I really wish to attend her wedding. But because of the 3 months pantang, my HTB doesn’t want me to attend.

What do you girls think I should do?

Hello Minixton, maybe as a gesture of good will, give her an Ang pow as a blessing to her but avoid the wedding.

I’m not pantang about all these but I know there are people who will dig up the past whenever bad things happen. That’s just to avoid conflict in the future.

Or you could give her a treat or like a hen’s party to celebrate this special occasion with her and let her know your challenges, am sure that as a good Friend or colleague, she would understand.

Hope that helps. :) has

minixton

Hello Minixton, maybe as a gesture of good will, give her an Ang pow as a blessing to her but avoid the wedding.

I’m not pantang about all these but I know there are people who will dig up the past whenever bad things happen. That’s just to avoid conflict in the future.

Or you could give her a treat or like a hen’s party to celebrate this special occasion with her and let her know your challenges, am sure that as a good Friend or colleague, she would understand.

Hope that helps. :) has

Hello! I think the conflict part is quite true..

Just found out one of my HTB close friend is also getting married 2 weeks after us. Now he’s saying that we will attend his wedding because their wedding is after us.. does it make sense actually?

Che

Hello fellow BTBs! Just wondering if anyone booked Swissotel Merchant Court for your wedding? I just booked with them, and would like to know if you managed to nego for additional perks :)

Wp123

hi.
I am looking to sell the following items. Please pm me if keen:
1. 3 bottles of unopened white wine at 18bucks each bottle
2. 4 bottles of Cabernet red wine at 18 bucks per bottle
3. Rustic wooden box 35cm by 25x25 cm for guest wishes and cards at 50 bucks
4. Typo heart shaped decor for 10bucks
5. Wooden pegs for wedding decor
And little items for decor. All for 5 bucks
6. Martell vsop 1l x 2 bottles. Totally unopened,, including from the box. For gdl. Each for 100 and 2 bottles for 190

7. LED candles x2. Both for 15 bucks
8. Decorative lights at 10 dollars

Please pm me for more details! Thanks

stitchys

Hello BTBs,
Need help/ suggestions on wedding lunch/dinner venue.
Looking for venues which can cater below 20 tables and of affordable price (below 1k/table).

Checked on rates for Ban Heng/ Qian Xi etc but theirs min. are 25 table.

Appreciate if you can share if you have similar plans or came across such venue.

Thank you!

maddyTSY

Hello BTBs,
Looking for venues which can cater below 20 tables and of affordable price (below 1k/table).

Appreciate if you can share if you have similar plans or came across such venue.

Thank you!

Hi Stitchys,

If you don’t mind, I can recommend you to Fu Lin Men Grand Banquet at Hotel Royal @ Queens. Their banquet lunch or dinner is affordable. You can look for their manager, Alvin. Or write in to them. I’m not sure Hotel Re need min 25 or not. But I think you can check it out. Fu Lin Men by Passion Group. They have high reviews too.

I went to one last week. Free flow of wine and beer throughout the banquet. Food quality not bad and service not bad. And most importantly, their menu is below $1k to get the most decent food.

Hope this help.

libraangel

Hello BTBs,

Thank you!

You might want to go to Holiday Inn Orchard city centre.

They can have below 20 tables. They have a wedding show today and it is around $1K nett per table if you planning to have it next year or below $1000 net if having wedding in 2018.

It is in The Central location. Price only available for today wedding show.

You may want to check it out!

I am signing my wedding banquet with them. Can help you to link up with my wedding coordinator - Geraldine Wong. She is really good !!! She helps to answer all my doubts, and throw in a lot of perks for me. For example, free flow beer and wine, dessert table, etc.

Can’t wait to sign it later at the wedding show! Cause there is lucky draw too! Hope to win some cash rebates!

libraangel

Omg I’m like you!
Went to La Belle, TGW, ZWedding, Luna Bianca and Alisha&Lace.
Luna Bianca - the ones I wanted weren’t in, and they left pins lying around. I stepped on one, and another scratched my thigh(bled)... They were inside the room with me the whole time when I tried gowns, which felt very weird. Restricted to 3 gowns but we told them I wanna try 5, so in the end they relented. Don’t feel comfortable with them.

TGW - when I was there, Saw quite a few girls coming in to choose their actual day and kept hearing the girl say oh this gown is not available for your wedding. The embellishments and selection wasn’t great. Can only try 4-5 gowns too. Price is good though. But the sales lady say different month, promo and price will change.

Zwedding - the lady who served me was patient but they also limited the number of gowns you can try, they spoke to me for about 1.5 hours minus the gown trying portion. Never hardsell but then I find their price too steep.
Maybe because they have had SG bloggers and local actors endorsement. $2.2K for first gown, subsequent services 30% off. Not great. Gowns were pretty though, quite unique.

La Belle - very strict can only try 3 gowns. Designs not bad but price also not great for their Ala Carte package. Not impressed.

Alisha & Lace - went in, fell in love, price reasonable. Not sure how it’ll be but the gowns are pretty heavy. Hope won’t be too difficult to walk. Tried on some that I can’t fit but also saw some really fabulous wedding and evening gowns there. Lady was very nice, can try as many gowns as I want during my appointment. Not super pushy and even sent me a pic of me in the dress that I’ve tried and really really like. Still thinking if I want to go with them.

Anyone have any other recommendations? :)

I have tried Bqueens ! They are very nice and let you try as many gowns as you want. I spend 1.5 hours to try the gowns to find out which style I like. The quality is not bad and the ppl there are not pushy for sales. The have a transparent price package which I feel that the price is very reasonable.

stitchys

You might want to go to Holiday Inn Orchard city centre.

They can have below 20 tables. They have a wedding show today and it is around $1K nett per table if you planning to have it next year or below $1000 net if having wedding in 2018.

It is in The Central location. Price only available for today wedding show.

You may want to check it out!

I am signing my wedding banquet with them. Can help you to link up with my wedding coordinator - Geraldine Wong. She is really good !!! She helps to answer all my doubts, and throw in a lot of perks for me. For example, free flow beer and wine, dessert table, etc.

Can’t wait to sign it later at the wedding show! Cause there is lucky draw too! Hope to win some cash rebates!

Wow!
I shud have checked out earlier then can visit their wedding show too )):
I would love to link up with your coordinator and check out their offer. Unfortunately I don’t have a date in mind. So not sure if they’ll be interested to talk to me.

r3b85

Hi,i have a wedding lunch package to let go at Novotel Clarke Quay @ $900/ table We had negotiated a very very good deal for it. Whatapps me at 92770931 if interested.

mooremm

Hi, I am selling away the pre-wedding (studio) photoshoot package as HB and I decided to have it done at my hometown instead as it feels closer to heart. The package is inclusive of:

- 10 x 12 inch album (34 poses)
- 20 x 24 inch OR 3 In i OR 8 In 1 Photo with Frame - 1 pcs
- 10 x 12 inch Table Top Photo with Frame - 2 pcs
- 5R Minim album (30 pcs)
- Free CD ROM
- Free 4 outfits (bride)
- Free 3 jackets (bridegroom)
- Free make-up & hairdo
- Free flower bouquet

Please pm me if you are keen. Thanks.

angelccl93

Hi BTBs, how many mths before your wedding will you inform your relatives and friends about your wedding? And how many mths before your wedding will you send the RSVP msg?

I quite kiasu so I informed them 1 year in advance that we will be getting married. but we are left with 4 months till our wedding date so they all have alr RSVP attendance to me.

Jaygab

Hey all, I’m confused here. Went to a few bridal shops to search for AD package and they mentioned that normally they only rent the coat for Groom and the suit pants we will buy ourselves as they said it’s some tradition that Groom will want to wear a brand new pants.

Never heard of this. Is this true? I mean are you all doing the same?

Thanks in advance!

ladeelaa

Hi all BTBs! I'm a Oct 19 BTB, but I am having trouble deciding the venue for my wedding dinner.

I should have only about 20-25 tables and Dad prefers doing it in a hotel but I noticed many have min 25 or 30 tables requirement. Any recommendations?

I am also doing my PWS in Penang, any BTB has experience with photographers and bridal boutiques in Penang or MY in general? I will be having two weddings, 1 in JB and 1 in SG, so preferably the PWS photog can help me on my JB dinner as well. SG I only need preparations for AD (a week after JB).

Thanks in advance ladies!

Having wedding dinners on both sides is really so much more work :(:(

ladeelaa

Hey all, I’m confused here. Went to a few bridal shops to search for AD package and they mentioned that normally they only rent the coat for Groom and the suit pants we will buy ourselves as they said it’s some tradition that Groom will want to wear a brand new pants.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Apparently for my dialect's tradition, the bride's parents are supposed to give the groom a full set of suit (including shirt and pants) so I guess that sort of settles for the groom. But I'm not sure if bridal shops actually take into consideration such customs.:D

BadKitty

Thanks in advance!

The shops I go to also only rent jackets. HTB will make his own shirt and pants. I think he’s happy to tailor make the shirt and pants as it will fit better.

BadKitty

Hi all BTBs! I'm a Oct 19 BTB, but I am having trouble deciding the venue for my wedding dinner.

I should have only about 20-25 tables and Dad prefers doing it in a hotel but I noticed many have min 25 or 30 tables requirement. Any recommendations?

I am also doing my PWS in Penang, any BTB has experience with photographers and bridal boutiques in Penang or MY in general? I will be having two weddings, 1 in JB and 1 in SG, so preferably the PWS photog can help me on my JB dinner as well. SG I only need preparations for AD (a week after JB).

Choosing venue also depends on budget. What’s your budget per table?
For hotels, if you do not meet the required number or tables for the grand ballroom, they have smaller venues/ ballrooms to cater to smaller crowd. Depends on what you want. These function rooms are a smaller version of the big ballroom but may be less fanciful/ grand/ lower ceiling etc.
I went to Andaz fair and they have a nice ballroom with max capacity of 28 tables. So I’m sure they are a good fit for your requirements. But Andaz is expensive so U need to consider that. It was way over my budget anyways and venue too small for me.
Went to four seasons and pan pacific. They have smaller rooms that will meet your needs but won’t be the grand ballroom. My coordinator told me that grand corpthorne has a few ballrooms. Maybe you can check it out too.

BadKitty

By the way, will you consider lunch instead of dinner? Lunch usually requires fewer tables and that’s what some of my friends did as they find it hard to meet the table requirement for dinner.

ladeelaa

Choosing venue also depends on budget. What’s your budget per table?
For hotels, if you do not meet the required number or tables for the grand ballroom, they have smaller venues/ ballrooms to cater to smaller crowd. Depends on what you want. These function rooms are a smaller version of the big ballroom but may be less fanciful/ grand/ lower ceiling etc.
I went to Andaz fair and they have a nice ballroom with max capacity of 28 tables. So I’m sure they are a good fit for your requirements. But Andaz is expensive so U need to consider that. It was way over my budget anyways and venue too small for me.
Went to four seasons and pan pacific. They have smaller rooms that will meet your needs but won’t be the grand ballroom. My coordinator told me that grand corpthorne has a few ballrooms. Maybe you can check it out too.
Thanks for the advice! I was also considering Andaz as I've heard good reviews about them, but they are pretty out of my budget.

We are looking at 1.9k (after taxes) per table. Am actually considering Mandarin Orchard, any BTB checked them out?

ladeelaa

By the way, will you consider lunch instead of dinner? Lunch usually requires fewer tables and that’s what some of my friends did as they find it hard to meet the table requirement for dinner.

I can't do lunch as I'll be having a church wedding earlier in the day and lunch will be too rushed.

ladeelaa

By the way, care to share where you girls get your engagement and wedding bands from?

I went to check out Love & Co. with HTB and their price is quite reasonable, but am also considering Fairyinc and JannPaul.

emmzkeeps

By the way, care to share where you girls get your engagement and wedding bands from?

I went to check out Love & Co. with HTB and their price is quite reasonable, but am also considering Fairyinc and JannPaul.

Haven't gotten the wedding bands yet, but got the engagement ring from Les Precieux , would recommend this place if you prefer gemstones : )

emmzkeeps

Hi ! I'm a Nov 2019 BTB. I think you can try Westin, the rates/perks are pretty good for your mentioned budget I'd say : )

ladeelaa

Haven't gotten the wedding bands yet, but got the engagement ring from Les Precieux , would recommend this place if you prefer gemstones : )

I'm not quite a gemstone person but I know they have really good pieces, somehow their ads keep popping up on my FB and Insta. :D

emmzkeeps

Have you checked out their ballroom? And have you booked yours?

Sorry, to correct, I'm Sept 2019 BTB : ) Yeap, I've been for the ballroom site walk as well as the coverage on their package. It'd be a good alternative if I go for hotel wedding : ) However, I've booked mine at chijmes : )

BadKitty

Thanks for the advice! I was also considering Andaz as I've heard good reviews about them, but they are pretty out of my budget.

We are looking at 1.9k (after taxes) per table. Am actually considering Mandarin Orchard, any BTB checked them out?

Their packages are published on their website. It’s within your budget. :)
I attended a friend’s wedding in their imperial ballroom on level 35. It’s not the usual lay out. U can check out the pictures on their website. It can cater to the number of tables u need.

BadKitty

I haven’t received mine. Lol... HTB says he bought a loose diamond from a supplier and brought it to jeweler to set it in the design I prefer. It’s still in the works... apparently a few of my friends did that too so it’s cheaper than buying from the shops.

BadKitty

Hi BTB,
For AD PG & VG, Anyone heard of Lavadevotions before? Their prices are attractive. I can’t find much reviews. Most of my friends spent a lot on PG & VG. I’m trying not to spend too much.

emmzkeeps

I'm not quite a gemstone person but I know they have really good pieces, somehow their ads keep popping up on my FB and Insta. :D

haha, same here, all the wedding related posts are popping up everywhere, hahahaha, gonna be like this some time! haha

ladeelaa

Hi BTB,
For AD PG & VG, Anyone heard of Lavadevotions before? Their prices are attractive. I can’t find much reviews. Most of my friends spent a lot on PG & VG. I’m trying not to spend too much.
How much is considered much? I'm so lost here without anything to reference, like a benchmark..

minixton

Same! I was looking at 23 tables, however, i went to the hotel wedding show and they kindly extend to us the grand ballroom where usually min is 25tables.
Although most likely we will go beyond 25tables at the end *fingers crossed*

Probably you can try to nego w the hotel

ladeelaa

Same! I was looking at 23 tables, however, i went to the hotel wedding show and they kindly extend to us the grand ballroom where usually min is 25tables.
Although most likely we will go beyond 25tables at the end *fingers crossed*

Probably you can try to nego w the hotel
Which hotel did you go with? After writing down the names, we realized we need 25-30 tables! Haha! But mainly because we are holding one dinner in JB so we don't need to include my HTB's relatives and JB friends. Otherwise, I think we can easily hit 50 tables! Hahahaha!!

minixton

Which hotel did you go with? After writing down the names, we realized we need 25-30 tables! Haha! But mainly because we are holding one dinner in JB so we don't need to include my HTB's relatives and JB friends. Otherwise, I think we can easily hit 50 tables! Hahahaha!!

I went with M Hotel cause its within my budget. If you have a higher budget you can try intercontinental @ bugis! My friend is going to hold her wedding there! Woah! Lucky you will hold one in JB if not i cant imagine the $$$$$

ladeelaa

I went with M Hotel cause its within my budget. If you have a higher budget you can try intercontinental @ bugis! My friend is going to hold her wedding there! Woah! Lucky you will hold one in JB if not i cant imagine the $$$$$
Holding our wedding in JB definitely saves us quite a bit, but mainly because his family is all in JB, so pretty inconvenient for them to come in. And likewise, hard for my family and friends to all go over. Plus, dad being dad, wants to invite his friends and all also I am actually just a calefare on my AD. Hahah!

Intercontinental is actually in my list for site visit! I guess I can only decide after looking at the actual venue and probably also how comfortable the coordinator makes us feel.

Derfaith

I'm thinking of going to JannPaul to check out what they can offer. Any one with experience with them?

I’m using JannPaul. The price is indeed cheaper than retail because it’s custom made. And you get to design your ring. Only bummer is the wait. We visited them in End May, only recently then then our Ring is being processed because we kept going back to address the differences between the design we sent them vs the render we got from them. But if you are not rushing for the ring, you get to save between 600-1k.

ladeelaa

I’m using JannPaul. The price is indeed cheaper than retail because it’s custom made. And you get to design your ring. Only bummer is the wait. We visited them in End May, only recently then then our Ring is being processed because we kept going back to address the differences between the design we sent them vs the render we got from them. But if you are not rushing for the ring, you get to save between 600-1k.
Must you go with a design already in mind? Or will they be able to guide me along the custom process?

Derfaith

Must you go with a design already in mind? Or will they be able to guide me along the custom process?

No, you don’t need to. But we liked one of e Lee Hwa design for engagement ring. But the price was like 9k plus, went to JannPaul, we change e design abit, overall becomes 8k plus. But also 0.1 carat smaller, just that the setting cost us 2.2k