2019 BTB

Auctorita

I'm a Jan 2019 BTB! Only started planning earlier in Mar. Booked venue, gown and MUA. Confirming photographer soon. :)

Auctorita

Hi guys, would appreciate abit of advice here. If i'm planning for a wedding September 2019, have I started too late? I've only nailed down my venue. Seems like everyone's starting like .. so early and i'm worried i'm late. :(

You're not late! I only started planning mine this Mar, when the AD is in first week of Jan 19. You'll be just fine.

minixton

I’m having local PWS. So no preferences on the date. I wish to have my banquet at M Hotel but it’s way to expensive and I couldn’t afford to spend so much money yet due to BTO in 1-2 years time.

Hey babe, im in the same position as you! My bto is due in 2 years.
Personally felt M hotel is in the acceptable range cause managed to get a bit of cash rebate in their wedding show.
How about trying weddig lunch?

Last edited:

nophee168

Hi BTB, originally we're planning to have our lunch banquet on Nov 2019. We got the date from a shifu. But 2 days ago my mum's friend told my mum that next year is not a good year for both of us to get married based on chinese zodiac (me tiger, my boyfriend monkey). Wanted to reserve the hotel during BOWS today but because of this we need to postpone. Mum will go check with another shifu. If this year is better she wants us to do this year but it's too rush for us. Maybe will just have tea ceremony & ROM only if needs to be this year and see if 2020 will be better year to hold banquet. A bit sad now :(

Phoebe Lummy

Hi BTB, originally we're planning to have our lunch banquet on Nov 2019. We got the date from a shifu. But 2 days ago my mum's friend told my mum that next year is not a good year for both of us to get married based on chinese zodiac (me tiger, my boyfriend monkey). Wanted to reserve the hotel during BOWS today but because of this we need to postpone. Mum will go check with another shifu. If this year is better she wants us to do this year but it's too rush for us. Maybe will just have tea ceremony & ROM only if needs to be this year and see if 2020 will be better year to hold banquet. A bit sad now :(

I believe the shifu had alrdy considered abt ur HTB and ur zodiac and '8 characters' b4 providing u with the auspicious dates. I personally feel that since u have decided to consult the shifu then u (and ur mum) shld trust the shifu. But then again seeking a second opinion from another shifu doesn't hurt. May all be well for u. :)

js10

Hi all..Im planning May 2019..currently looking at venue for lunch..initial planned date is 25th may 2019 (heard it's a very auspicious date) and a few hotels already taken for this date..im most likely changing to 05/05/2019 sun lunch instead..

Derfaith

Oh dear, I didn't know there were protocols such as this. When are you intending to have your AD though?

Out of curiosity, what processes does the Church have in place before making a decision on the date?

Our church wise, we have to have the leader to recommend us to attend the Marriage Prep Lessons, and upon completion of the lessons, then we will have to submit our preferred dates to them, before they will advise if the pastor is available to wed us. Or if it clashes with our annual church camp.

Maybe that’s they prefer us to submit our dates only from July onwards?

Derfaith

I pretty like the ambience there. As I have went to see many other hotels. Initially I wants to hold at M hotel but due to budget constraints that’s why I go for food quality instead and it’s in a hotel in town. Try to soft book dates through the wedding coordinator by Tung Lok. They are having wedding fair soon.

My best advice is soft book first then once confirm can let go ahead to place deposit. I think Tung Lok is quite flexible though.

I have not booked AD photographer yet because HTB say I ganchiong spider. ask me to look into it in 2019.

I think it depends on your date if it’s a popular date. I don’t know the dates for mine are popular dates or not also since I am not pantang. Basically we also need to look at my HTB availability as his job have peak periods and we avoid those months. So left only 2-3 months to work ard and everytime I hear people said need at least a year to prepare, and plus I look at the church co-ordination part, and if banquet, it feels like so much to do...

I don’t know how to soft book, went to BOWs and asked. The guy from Ban Heng tried to smoke us and said GST increasing next year so we have to book. Filipino guy, so both my HTB told him, it’s 2021 and not 2019. And he then told me that rates increase 50 every year. I told him my gf just shared her rates with me for her wedding last year. Was kinda annoyed when we left without signing. But there were some hotels who were very nice to us, told us once we firm up on e dates, we can go back to them n they try to honor the BOWs rates.

But we secure the gowns rental from Cang Ai eventually. Someone told me their gowns are old. But my idea is, it’s just a wedding, and for photoshoot, no need to be too fussy.

maddyTSY

Hey babe, im in the same position as you! My bto is due in 2 years.
Personally felt M hotel is in the acceptable range cause managed to get a bit of cash rebate in their wedding show.
How about trying weddig lunch?

TBH i wanted to hold it in M hotel, but just that PIL not willingly to spend that kind of money. They rather we spend the money or other stuffs instead. I did managed to get cash rebates during the meeting but ended up we forgo that. Because we do not want to be financially burden after the wedding.

maddyTSY

I think it depends on your date if it’s a popular date. I don’t know the dates for mine are popular dates or not also since I am not pantang. Basically we also need to look at my HTB availability as his job have peak periods and we avoid those months. So left only 2-3 months to work ard and everytime I hear people said need at least a year to prepare, and plus I look at the church co-ordination part, and if banquet, it feels like so much to do...

I don’t know how to soft book, went to BOWs and asked. The guy from Ban Heng tried to smoke us and said GST increasing next year so we have to book. Filipino guy, so both my HTB told him, it’s 2021 and not 2019. And he then told me that rates increase 50 every year. I told him my gf just shared her rates with me for her wedding last year. Was kinda annoyed when we left without signing. But there were some hotels who were very nice to us, told us once we firm up on e dates, we can go back to them n they try to honor the BOWs rates.

But we secure the gowns rental from Cang Ai eventually. Someone told me their gowns are old. But my idea is, it’s just a wedding, and for photoshoot, no need to be too fussy.

Ohh dear. Why are the sales staff so pushy on the banquet? Even though i agree on the GST hike but still depends on comfort level. I would say other hotels sales are quite nice and will "try" to honor the BOWs rates.

My bridal shop too. I'm not that fussy as long as i'm able to hold my wedding. And if they could do what i want, why not. I'm looking out for evening gowns design so i could go back to my bridal boutique and check if they have similar designs. Can't wait for fitting in few months time.

iygnix

I booked Ramada ~! Super happy about it and since they aren't participating in Bows this month, so I didnt wait further. You all leh?

I went for Crowne Plaza @ Changi Airport.. partly cause both HTB and I stay in the east :)

iygnix

Which venue were you looking at? Have you found any other venues already?

I booked Crowne Plaza @ Changi Airport. We just went with the other date that we were also considering. Not an auspicious date but not a bad date also. Managed to convince HTB's grandparents to go with that date..

iygnix

Ohh dear. Why are the sales staff so pushy on the banquet? Even though i agree on the GST hike but still depends on comfort level. I would say other hotels sales are quite nice and will "try" to honor the BOWs rates.

My bridal shop too. I'm not that fussy as long as i'm able to hold my wedding. And if they could do what i want, why not. I'm looking out for evening gowns design so i could go back to my bridal boutique and check if they have similar designs. Can't wait for fitting in few months time.

Which bridal shop did you go to? I'm still looking out for bridal which are not too ex as we wanted to go for overseas PWS not under local bridal packages.

maddyTSY

Which bridal shop did you go to? I'm still looking out for bridal which are not too ex as we wanted to go for overseas PWS not under local bridal packages.

Hi! I took up package with The Aisle Bridal. Introduced by my SIL, as she took up the package previously and the bridal boutique honor the same rate to me. I do want to get Digio in the first place just only the rate is a little too much. Costing almost $5k!! I managed to get mine Full wedding package at $3.6k. What’s your option? I can provide some help.

iygnix

Hi! I took up package with The Aisle Bridal. Introduced by my SIL, as she took up the package previously and the bridal boutique honor the same rate to me. I do want to get Digio in the first place just only the rate is a little too much. Costing almost $5k!! I managed to get mine Full wedding package at $3.6k. What’s your option? I can provide some help.

Yaa, I heard Digio is expensive, although the gowns look so pretty! What is included in your full package? I'm planning to just get 1 wedding dress and 1 evening gown, maybe if got suits in the package, I will probably give my FFIL and my dad. HTB wants to get tailor-made suits. Not too sure if I want to get hair & make up or just source for 1 myself.

maddyTSY

Yaa, I heard Digio is expensive, although the gowns look so pretty! What is included in your full package? I'm planning to just get 1 wedding dress and 1 evening gown, maybe if got suits in the package, I will probably give my FFIL and my dad. HTB wants to get tailor-made suits. Not too sure if I want to get hair & make up or just source for 1 myself.

The gowns are pretty and there’s a lot of gown in their boutique. You can try to ask from The Aisle Bridal if not Labelle Couture.

My package includes 3 gowns + 1 outfit, 2 suits for PWS. Actual day 2 gowns + 1 tea dress/kua and 1 suit for my HTB. Quite standard. But we nego for more stuffs. So I won’t be able to reveal here.

maddyTSY

The gowns are pretty and there’s a lot of gown in their boutique. You can try to ask from The Aisle Bridal if not Labelle Couture.

My package includes 3 gowns + 1 outfit, 2 suits for PWS. Actual day 2 gowns + 1 tea dress/kua and 1 suit for my HTB. Quite standard. But we nego for more stuffs. So I won’t be able to reveal here.
Ohh. And it also includes 3 Makeup including 1 Trial makeup as well.

akemi0sihui

Hello Iygnix, u can consider The Gown Warehouse! My requirement is pretty similar with yours.. just 2 gowns and if can suits.. and theirs is very very affordable! Previously I compared them with Digio and la Belle before I decide

emmzkeeps

Hi guys, would appreciate abit of advice here. If i'm planning for a wedding September 2019, have I started too late? I've only nailed down my venue. Seems like everyone's starting like .. so early and i'm worried i'm late. :(

Hi there!

I am planning for a wedding in September 2019 too! : ) One important advice is to consider fast. Many of the places I seek information for have already been booked / reserved. I just confirmed my wedding venue yesterday! :) Where are you looking at?:)

September is good month, for chinese, as it's the 8th month, so it's quite a 'popular' month I would say. Thus both our families were quite keen for this month: )

Derfaith

Abit lost on how to respond so just not quoting anyone. Heh...

I signed with Cang Ai, cos personally I am not too particular about gowns. To me, they are just one off wear and I won’t remember. Most pre wed shots are taken far away for background, so for me, as Long as e gown not revealing, don’t make me expand in size, I’m all good.

HTB said he will tailor his own suit, plus probably his military suit(I always like those military wedding so I kept persuading him to wear it. Haha...)

We went to La Belle but was put off by the sales auntie. So didn’t take up the full package. Maybe will just and ask if we can just rent 1 of the gown which I really like.

But my primary objective is still to keep e wedding cost Low. My HTB asked me what are e items I would splurge and what I am not particular about. I told him we will splurge on e rings, cos it’s something I will wear for life. The rest I don’t care so much cos my view on Wedding is like a public show to tell everyone that hey, this is e person I am gonna stick for life.

What really matters is how is life after this glamorous day. See some couples getting into debts due to wedding frightens me, and sometimes these kinda stuff can cause e couple to fight. So I am avoiding the scenario myself.

Anyways, HTB and I will have one more shoot for our honeymoon in Paris. So that’s more of the actual thing I am looking forward than the pre-wed shoot. Sg too hot!!!

iygnix

Ohh. And it also includes 3 Makeup including 1 Trial makeup as well.

Wow, not bad for the price! But I will probably consider first since I don't need the gowns for PWS. Just thinking is it too early for me to get a package since my wedding date is in Dec 2019.

iygnix

Hello Iygnix, u can consider The Gown Warehouse! My requirement is pretty similar with yours.. just 2 gowns and if can suits.. and theirs is very very affordable! Previously I compared them with Digio and la Belle before I decide

Oh yes! Heard their studio is pretty too, they are definitely one of my choice. But how about your wedding car decor? Are you getting from them or looking for another vendor on your own?

minixton

Does anyone have an idea or can recommend where to get the following things:

- wedding shoe
- bridesmaid dress
- makeup artist for mum & mil

maddyTSY

Wow, not bad for the price! But I will probably consider first since I don't need the gowns for PWS. Just thinking is it too early for me to get a package since my wedding date is in Dec 2019.

Probably it’s still early. But you can slowly source it out. And get the AD package at least few months before.

maddyTSY

Does anyone have an idea or can recommend where to get the following things:

- wedding shoe
- bridesmaid dress
- makeup artist for mum & mil

Hi minixton,

I gotten my wedding shoe from Sinderella. They do offer customized wedding shoes. You may check out their website. But I think it will be better to make an appt to go down to take a look for clearer view.

Bridesmaid dresses I have decided to go casual so will be buying from Bkk.

Makeup artists I have my own contact therefore if you wish, can try fifty shades make up? Or I have a friend who does make up. You may check insta for FionnieMAU. Pricing are much more affordable.

Derfaith

Hi minixton,

I gotten my wedding shoe from Sinderella. They do offer customized wedding shoes. You may check out their website. But I think it will be better to make an appt to go down to take a look for clearer view.

Makeup artists I have my own contact therefore if you wish, can try fifty shades make up? Or I have a friend who does make up. You may check insta for FionnieMAU. Pricing are much more affordable.

Maddy, you got your shoes already? So early??

Am going without bridesmaid, only have little girls to walk the aisle. Am going to use hotel as pick up so this case, since cannot gatecrash, no need for bridesmaid. But still have girlfriends to help.

Just some advise needed, can we go with sneakers for pre-wed shoots. Am thinking whole day walking ard with heels, scared of blisters...

maddyTSY

Maddy, you got your shoes already? So early??

Am going without bridesmaid, only have little girls to walk the aisle. Am going to use hotel as pick up so this case, since cannot gatecrash, no need for bridesmaid. But still have girlfriends to help.

Just some advise needed, can we go with sneakers for pre-wed shoots. Am thinking whole day walking ard with heels, scared of blisters...
Yup! I have gotten my shoes already. Probably it’s like dream shoes. And the quality is quite good. I can wear it for my PWS. At least let my feet get used to the heels. Sneakers is fine. You can change into that when you go for outdoor shoot.

Derfaith

Yup! I have gotten my shoes already. Probably it’s like dream shoes. And the quality is quite good. I can wear it for my PWS. At least let my feet get used to the heels. Sneakers is fine. You can change into that when you go for outdoor shoot.

So nice... a pair of shoes uniquely your own... Will really consider when the pre wed is near. Yes yes, I also think of wearing sneakers because scared of walking too much and blister.

minixton

Hi minixton,

Hi Maddy! Thanks for your recommendations, will check them out!

maddyTSY

So nice... a pair of shoes uniquely your own... Will really consider when the pre wed is near. Yes yes, I also think of wearing sneakers because scared of walking too much and blister.

Yes. I would say a pair of shoes uniquely yours but they do have designs over there. I just did a little customization onto the back heel part. I will say that their service is really good. I will also get a pair of sneakers for PWS. I’m afraid of blisters too.

akemi0sihui

Oh yes! Heard their studio is pretty too, they are definitely one of my choice. But how about your wedding car decor? Are you getting from them or looking for another vendor on your own?

Oh I don’t have those... we are doing it really simple.. the actual will only be the solemnisation, tea ceremony and dinner all happening in the evening time.. not doing the traditional stuff... and all our vendors are ala carte.. so only stick to The gown warehouse MUA... and they have lots of collaborated MUA which u can choose from.

Phoebe Lummy

Hi BTBs, how many mths before your wedding will you inform your relatives and friends about your wedding? And how many mths before your wedding will you send the RSVP msg?

creami

Hi BTBs, how many mths before your wedding will you inform your relatives and friends about your wedding? And how many mths before your wedding will you send the RSVP msg?

We didn't really rsvp. We just told a few of our close friends and most relatives to mark our wedding date only.

We plan to invite the rest 1-3 months before the wedding and not expecting everyone will attend too. Our mindset is only those who truly bless us will attend the wedding haha.

Celestinekrx

Hi all BTBs! I am also looking to get married in 2019. :p

I will be going my mother hometown, Penang for my prewedding shoot. So I am just looking at local actual day package.

But I have problem choosing bridal studio for my actual day wedding. I have went to:

-Z wedding at 2017 BOWS : forget the package price but they were really pushy. They didn't want us to leave their booth and keep persuading us to signed on the spot. Altho the gown are really pretty, but their sales tactic was a turn-off. By the time we left their booth, we were very tired and didn't want to stay at BOWS anymore.
-Thomson Wedding Collection: They have really nice gown and will launch new gown every month(according to the sales girl). The consultant understand wedding very well but I read quite a bit of bad reviews online saying that the gown they like was "taken" etc. I haven't try on their gown but the workmanship looked really good. Not as pushy as Z wedding but of cos all consultant would hope for us to sign the package on that day. I really like the consultant that meet me that day! They quote me 3099 sgd for 2 gowns, 1 kua, father jacket, makeup and floral decor. Which is kind of pricey.
-White Link: Tried 4 gowns and their gown is really very pretty as they have in-house tailor. The workmanship is really pretty with all the beads and crystal. I didn't signed the package they offer as their gown variety seems a little bit limited. They quote me 2588 sgd for 2 designer gown, 1 kua, father jacket, makeup and floral decor.

I planned to visit the following studio after reading reviews online:
- Alisha&Lace
- Fleur D'sign
- BQueens
- Kelly Bridal
- The gown warehouse

Any kind advice from fellow BTB? ;)

Jaygab

I’m planning to go JB’s bridal shop to look see look see for AD package because I heard they have pretty gowns and standard package is about $1k - $1.5k SGD!

Any brides got any same sentiments or been through some to see already?

Phoebe Lummy

I’m planning to go JB’s bridal shop to look see look see for AD package because I heard they have pretty gowns and standard package is about $1k - $1.5k SGD!

Any brides got any same sentiments or been through some to see already?

I just signed the AD videography at Enya Mareine Vision Studio at JB ystd. My PWS was done at Enya Mareine as well and I like the results. The drawback is that there are not many gowns to my liking. Btw be prepared to be stucked in the jam for at least 2 hours when going to JB during school holidays.

Jaygab

I just signed the AD videography at Enya Mareine Vision Studio at JB ystd. My PWS was done at Enya Mareine as well and I like the results. The drawback is that there are not many gowns to my liking. Btw be prepared to be stucked in the jam for at least 2 hours when going to JB during school holidays.

Oh wow. How about ur AD gown and all? Is it with them too? May I know the package price please ..? Thanks!

akemi0sihui

I will be going my mother hometown, Penang for my prewedding shoot. So I am just looking at local actual day package.

But I have problem choosing bridal studio for my actual day wedding. I have went to:

-Z wedding at 2017 BOWS : forget the package price but they were really pushy. They didn't want us to leave their booth and keep persuading us to signed on the spot. Altho the gown are really pretty, but their sales tactic was a turn-off. By the time we left their booth, we were very tired and didn't want to stay at BOWS anymore.
-Thomson Wedding Collection: They have really nice gown and will launch new gown every month(according to the sales girl). The consultant understand wedding very well but I read quite a bit of bad reviews online saying that the gown they like was "taken" etc. I haven't try on their gown but the workmanship looked really good. Not as pushy as Z wedding but of cos all consultant would hope for us to sign the package on that day. I really like the consultant that meet me that day! They quote me 3099 sgd for 2 gowns, 1 kua, father jacket, makeup and floral decor. Which is kind of pricey.
-White Link: Tried 4 gowns and their gown is really very pretty as they have in-house tailor. The workmanship is really pretty with all the beads and crystal. I didn't signed the package they offer as their gown variety seems a little bit limited. They quote me 2588 sgd for 2 designer gown, 1 kua, father jacket, makeup and floral decor.

- Alisha&Lace
- Fleur D'sign
- BQueens
- Kelly Bridal
- The gown warehouse

I’ve signed with The Gown Warehouse for my AD.. they are not pushy at all! Very Friendly and helpful instead I must say... collection wise will renew every quarter.. depending on individual.. I think it’s wide enough for me to select from... good quality and new design. Most importantly, they are flexible with their package, very very affordable and valuable.

Phoebe Lummy

Oh wow. How about ur AD gown and all? Is it with them too? May I know the package price please ..? Thanks!

I'm unable to share the package with you as the HTB and I bought the PWS and AD gown package in 2012 at around RM 9,000. Enya Mareine no longer sells the package that they had sold to me 6 years ago as they have changed their packages. Btw I signed the package mainly for their photography and cinematography and rather than for their gowns.

Celestinekrx

I’ve signed with The Gown Warehouse for my AD.. they are not pushy at all! Very Friendly and helpful instead I must say... collection wise will renew every quarter.. depending on individual.. I think it’s wide enough for me to select from... good quality and new design. Most importantly, they are flexible with their package, very very affordable and valuable.

That's very good to hear! Really happy for you! Will try to go The Gown Warehouse next time! Do you have any ideal gown in mind? I have tried gowns that I like but not really a gown that I feel like "this is the one"! Is it too dramatic to wait for the feeling?:oops:

Auctorita

- Alisha&Lace
- Fleur D'sign
- BQueens
- Kelly Bridal
- The gown warehouse

Hello fellow BTB! I recommend also checking out Wedding Crafters. Their service is great. They are not pushy at all, and I felt very comfortable there. I would have signed with them if not for me falling in love with a particular gown from Amanda Lee Weddings.

Jaygab

I'm unable to share the package with you as the HTB and I bought the PWS and AD gown package in 2012 at around RM 9,000. Enya Mareine no longer sells the package that they had sold to me 6 years ago as they have changed their packages. Btw I signed the package mainly for their photography and cinematography and rather than for their gowns.

Woah! I’m surprise you signed the package like 6yrs ago?!

April9669

Hello! I’m also a 2019 BTB and consulted shifu earlier this week and non of the dates in April are good for us so we are looking at May 19 or Aug 19. We checked with a few hotels this week and was shocked both dates for May 19 and Aug 19 were already booked
Hi care to share which shifu you consulted?

minixton

Hi ladies, I’m going for my first PWS gown fitting. And im not too sure if i need to wear nubra or will normal bra works cause I’m going after work. Can anyone share their experience on what to expect/bring/wear?