2019 BTB

Piggy1988

Ikr! After I started wedding prep, I feel that the most important is that me and my HTB enjoy the whole process.

I have yet to receive the dress. So excited. Will post pictures when I do.
I hope it works cuz it will save us sooooo much money.
This is how it "should" look like:
View attachment 37543

Might buy a long veil because I want a train effect when I march in at the church. Hee.

Wow! Looking great. Share with us when u got the gown.

ladeelaa

Nice!! You went gown hunting?
I saw this on Taobao! The ladies who bought shared their pictures in the gown, they look really good too..
And I found a few TB shops that provides custom made service (they have own tailors/factories), and one of them even got a showroom for BTB to try the gowns before purchase, pretty legit!!

So tempting.....

coldjade

I saw this on Taobao! The ladies who bought shared their pictures in the gown, they look really good too..
And I found a few TB shops that provides custom made service (they have own tailors/factories), and one of them even got a showroom for BTB to try the gowns before purchase, pretty legit!!

So tempting.....

Wah! Can share the link? Can take a look hee.

Maybe you discuss with your HTB? My HTB agree to buy 1 from Taobao just to try luck that's why I bought mine. But mine was only $59 so even if it fails, no hard feelings. Maybe can use as table cloth LOL.

ladeelaa

Wah! Can share the link? Can take a look hee.

Maybe you discuss with your HTB? My HTB agree to buy 1 from Taobao just to try luck that's why I bought mine. But mine was only $59 so even if it fails, no hard feelings. Maybe can use as table cloth LOL.
【爱上纱婚纱】http://m.tb.cn/h.3dkZUCb?sm=d2bcb1 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述€7GJWbbmURlN€后咑閞淘♂寳♀
【佳人风情婚纱礼服】http://m.tb.cn/h.3dHiUZL?sm=5f2ebc 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述€JLa1bbm5aKC€后咑閞淘♂寳♀
【MTF 满庭芳 高端定制婚纱礼服精作工坊 一针一线 此生挚爱】http://m.tb.cn/h.3dKSEIV?sm=fed90a 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述€TO6Vbbmh00d€后咑閞淘♂寳♀
【甜蜜蜜国际婚纱礼服】http://m.tb.cn/h.3dqKrgz?sm=7e8135 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述€QOCxbbmhahf€后咑閞淘♂寳♀
【费拉拉婚纱礼服馆】http://m.tb.cn/h.3dKS5Ia?sm=a1a633 点击链接,再选择浏览器咑閞;或復·制这段描述€8qmKbbmh8FL€后咑閞淘♂寳♀

These are the ones I found to be very legit. Prices start from $50plus..designs also very very nice. May honestly consider to get 1 from TB after all

cony22

Same like you, I didn’t want to go Taiwan to take pictures. In fact, I didn’t want to take any pictures and we were only looking around for AD gown rentals. But the amount that one of the Taiwan vendors they had was too attractive. Or rather I think I shamelessly offered a price that I was willing to pay, given we didn’t consider taking PW shots in the first place.

Hello! Just placed deposit for my Oct19 AD. Might sharing your vendor and package? TIA!~

Jaygab

I think most likely I will not hire a videographer jus because I wanted to capture the moments when he come over to fetch me. I’ll just have a photographer as initially I wanted to keep everything simple. :)

Oh but for us we will be hiring VG to capture moments for our own memories.. heheh

ladeelaa

My previous message is taking forever to be approved by moderators omg. But was saying thanks to Ladeelaa for the links! :)
Welcome! There are so many pretty dresses on TB, makes me wish I can buy them all! But anyways, gotta get rid of all the jiggly bits first, before I can even fit a wedding dress decently. :D:D

coldjade

Welcome! There are so many pretty dresses on TB, makes me wish I can buy them all! But anyways, gotta get rid of all the jiggly bits first, before I can even fit a wedding dress decently. :D:D

Omg we're the same! But guess what? I'm eating McDonalds while writing this now hahaha! I'm the worst.

ladeelaa

Omg we're the same! But guess what? I'm eating McDonalds while writing this now hahaha! I'm the worst.
I'm no better. Diet for 2-3 days, feel "wahsey lighter already!" Then feast for 3-4 days.....so yah...I love to cook and I love to eat!! Hahahha! Terrible us!

coldjade

I just received my Taobao parcels! The gown turned out to be very good quality, but I don't think it suits me as good as what I imagined. Whereas the coloured evening gown I thought wouldn't suit me end up looking good on me. So I might end up go for a gown fitting, just for the wedding gown itself to find a cutting that suits me.

Those planning to order from Taobao, maybe you want to go for fitting, find the types you know that will suit you before buying.

But the products were all really nice and value for money. $59 for Gown + Veil + Gloves + Petticoat! Will post pictures later.

ladeelaa

I just received my Taobao parcels! The gown turned out to be very good quality, but I don't think it suits me as good as what I imagined. Whereas the coloured evening gown I thought wouldn't suit me end up looking good on me. So I might end up go for a gown fitting, just for the wedding gown itself to find a cutting that suits me.

Those planning to order from Taobao, maybe you want to go for fitting, find the types you know that will suit you before buying.

But the products were all really nice and value for money. $59 for Gown + Veil + Gloves + Petticoat! Will post pictures later.
Coldjade! Waiting for your pics!!

coldjade

Coldjade! Waiting for your pics!!

Here~

Hand Bouquet for photoshoot:

Shoes. Very comfy!

Love the removable bow at the back of the gown:

The lace that goes from the back down to the hem:

The hem:

The body. I was alone so I couldnt tie my back lace properly, so it doesnt look very nice:

Very simple dress, but HTB thinks it's too simple haha!

The body. Thought it is quite well done:

The random gown I bought for fun cuz cheap and nice. Looks like Elsa from Frozen hahaha!:

kittyee

Hi!! Which tailor did you go to? Did u already know which one exactly to go? Or u had a few shortlisted?

Hey sorry for my late reply! Didn’t get notification abt your msg. We went to Amari Watergate shop name “Admire”. We didn’t shortlisted any, just followed his friend because the friend made his suits there and he highly recommended the shop to us.

coldjade

So slow…… let's see if this works:

postimg.cc/
gallery/
2uiy5g4fs/

Join all the above into one link. :D

Anyway I was alone so I couldnt do my backlace. Plus the dress was a tad too big hence the weird body.

Piggy1988

Hi all, I’ve got a qns. I’m a free thinker whereby my htb more towards the Chinese religion. I am thinking is it okie for my Father to walk me down the aisle? And as for the wedding vows, we just have to repeat after the JP n will be done? I see ppl reading their own vows to each other.

ladeelaa

So slow…… let's see if this works:

postimg.cc/
gallery/
2uiy5g4fs/

Join all the above into one link. :D

Anyway I was alone so I couldnt do my backlace. Plus the dress was a tad too big hence the weird body.
How's the material like? And what do you intend to do with the dresses after the wedding ah?

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Hi all, I’ve got a qns. I’m a free thinker whereby my htb more towards the Chinese religion. I am thinking is it okie for my Father to walk me down the aisle? And as for the wedding vows, we just have to repeat after the JP n will be done? I see ppl reading their own vows to each other.

it will be a nice gesture to have your dad walk you down the aisle. your dad will certainly appreciate it. as for the vows, you can just follow the solemnizer's, unless you want to share your heartfelt words with your hubby (which is good since majority of us aren't that expressive).

eang18

it will be a nice gesture to have your dad walk you down the aisle. your dad will certainly appreciate it. as for the vows, you can just follow the solemnizer's, unless you want to share your heartfelt words with your hubby (which is good since majority of us aren't that expressive).

I agree! Its not religious specific, but a reflection of the relationship between the dad and bride...and for dad to give the support and blessing for the bride next phase of life journey

coldjade

My reply is being moderated again hais. Anyway, the dress I will most prolly put it up on sale. Preservation is too costly.

Piggy1988

Thank you for sharing . Will definitely want my dad to walk me now the arisle.

sunnydaydown

Hello all 2019 BTB!
I'm a March 2019 BTB. I decided against bridal studio as I wanted a bit more control over the different elements.
Venue: Aura at National Gallery
Photographer: Ebenezer from Ppairs
Gown: Seamstress Kim in Tampines
Suit: Michael Chain tailor
Wedding bands: Rio Diamonds

The only things we have yet to settle are the solemniser (we require a pastor) and MUA.

For now I'm still feeling quite chill about it

coldjade

Hey all! Went down to The Gown Warehouse this afternoon and got a Bao Kah Liao package because it was a good deal which coincidentally included the PG and MUA we were eyeing and they were having a $530 National day promo.

So in total we spent ard $6.3k for all gowns, kua, suits, PWS, AD PG, MUA, almost all floral stuff, car rental with chauffeur. Basically everything except videographer which we will get them to recommend.

Also tried a few gowns. Quite a nice experience. :)

eang18

Hello all 2019 BTB!
I'm a March 2019 BTB. I decided against bridal studio as I wanted a bit more control over the different elements.
Venue: Aura at National Gallery
Photographer: Ebenezer from Ppairs
Gown: Seamstress Kim in Tampines
Suit: Michael Chain tailor
Wedding bands: Rio Diamonds

The only things we have yet to settle are the solemniser (we require a pastor) and MUA.

For now I'm still feeling quite chill about it

Nice choice! Aura is a nice venue :) nice view and still private, with great ambience. I recalled the food is great too. Just have the guests arrive early as parking are limited, especially when there’s good shows at the gallery.

coldjade

Hello all. How are you guys so far? Been caught up with flat selection and all the HDB admin that I've not been doing any wedding prep.

Now shall go back to emcee and live band hunting. Eyeing this company call A Little Dream. Jiayou all!

ladeelaa

Hi all my pretty BTBs,

I have a question..a kinda serious question. I underwent open heart surgery when I was a child, and actually I've hidden the scar pretty well all these years. But now that I have to put on a gown, I don't know if I should continue to conceal it with a high neckline/makeup or should I own it and embrace my scar..

What would you girls do?

coldjade

Hi all my pretty BTBs,

I have a question..a kinda serious question. I underwent open heart surgery when I was a child, and actually I've hidden the scar pretty well all these years. But now that I have to put on a gown, I don't know if I should continue to conceal it with a high neckline/makeup or should I own it and embrace my scar..

What would you girls do?

I guess ultimately is how comfortable are you about showing it? Why not go for gown fitting, try out the gowns so you see how they turn out like? That way your HTB can see too?

eang18

Hi all my pretty BTBs,

What would you girls do?

High neckline design is very common with Korean, Victoria and mermaid gowns.. even bespoke ones :) so you have plenty of designs to go for... don’t have to be hard on yourself if u have some doubts

ladeelaa

I guess ultimately is how comfortable are you about showing it? Why not go for gown fitting, try out the gowns so you see how they turn out like? That way your HTB can see too?
He actually don't really care about what I wear hahhah. He feels I'm beautiful regardless what's my choice (guys -_-") So it's really just about how I feel...

coldjade

He actually don't really care about what I wear hahhah. He feels I'm beautiful regardless what's my choice (guys -_-") So it's really just about how I feel...

That's sweet lah your HTB. Maybe he just shy to say it in a romantic way! Then maybe yeah just go and try all sorts of gown to see which one you feel the most comfortable and confident in! It's quite fun. My maid-of-honor always like to say "Try is free one! Just try!".

LONCS31117

Hey girls... anyone has live band recommendations? “A group of people” is already taken up on my AD and htb didn’t quite like “white ribbon”. Preferrably within 2k Budget range for 2 sets of 45mins. Thanks!

Na T

I'm 2019 June BTB, we just have our wedding bands and bridal package for pre & AD, haven't found my venue yet, any recommend for venue which is ard $1k nett? We have ard 15 tables or so only. Btw, any recommend for AD photographer also? Many thanks :)

coldjade

I'm 2019 June BTB, we just have our wedding bands and bridal package for pre & AD, haven't found my venue yet, any recommend for venue which is ard $1k nett? We have ard 15 tables or so only. Btw, any recommend for AD photographer also? Many thanks :)

I'm also a June 2019 BTB! My banquet will be at Sheraton. Initially we only had 15 tables too so was looking at Four Seasons. They have a smaller room if I didntremember wrongly. Sheraton do have a smaller Topaz room too. You can google "wedding banquet price list 2018" for a useful list. :)

stitchys

R you looking for chinese wedding banquet or non traditional type?
Mine was Qian Xi

maddyTSY

i will suggest Restaurant? There's one hotel can fit max 15 tables, Village Katong you can check out their pricing, if not Mecure Roxy Katong also can.

coldjade

I'm a June BTB too! You can search "wedding banquet price list 2018" for a useful list. :)

Na T

R you looking for chinese wedding banquet or non traditional type?
Mine was Qian Xi
Hi thank you, ya it chinese banquet, my HTB is looking at Orchid Country Club but it is $1.1k plus! Honestly i think 1k nett is better for us as our parents from both side can't help anything.

minixton

Agree with coldjade too! Think its good to try the types of gowns first to see how comfortable you are showing it to everyone :)