2019 BTB

Jaygab

Hello!! Any 2019 BTB? I don't think at this point of time is too early to book your banquet now.

Any any?

Jaygab

Just checked with concorde hotel they already have a few bookings made for 2019. My ideal dates gone for both lunch n dinner . :(

Phoebe Lummy

I feel it's better to book early before your ideal hotel becomes unavailable on your preferred date.

I'm looking at Feb 2019 and I will have to book the banquet soon this week!

iygnix

It's never too early. Just blocked off my date for Dec 2019 banquet and one of the 2 dates that I wanted to block was already taken. I thought I was early but didn't know there are others who are earlier.

Jaygab

It's never too early. Just blocked off my date for Dec 2019 banquet and one of the 2 dates that I wanted to block was already taken. I thought I was early but didn't know there are others who are earlier.

wa dec 2019 and ppl alr blocked! fast hand fast leg.

Derfaith

Hello ladies, congrats all . I’m a June 2019 BTB hopefully, reason being we are still waiting for the church to confirm a date. I’m initially very chilled about the whole thing until my friends told me time to start now due to the venue availability.

Last week we went to book our wedding bands and customise the proposal ring, and I suddenly realised everything is too surreal and when I came to this forum, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of things to happen.

Anyone feeling the same way as me?

Jaygab

Hello ladies, congrats all . I’m a June 2019 BTB hopefully, reason being we are still waiting for the church to confirm a date. I’m initially very chilled about the whole thing until my friends told me time to start now due to the venue availability.

Last week we went to book our wedding bands and customise the proposal ring, and I suddenly realised everything is too surreal and when I came to this forum, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of things to happen.

Anyone feeling the same way as me?

yea man. after booking my venue, I was overwhelmed ! But it kinda slowly die down abit as in more chillax a little becos there is still quite some time to go..

Akow

I’m March 2019 BTB. Booked my wedding banquet in April and now researching on Bridal studios. Can’t find one with all good reviews, most are mixed reviews

angelccl93

I’m March 2019 BTB. Booked my wedding banquet in April and now researching on Bridal studios. Can’t find one with all good reviews, most are mixed reviews

You can search for 巴黎婚纱摄影花莲店 on Facebook, all their reviews are positive. I just came back from my pre-wedding shoot in Taiwan held by this bridal studio. The boss of this bridal studio comes to SG to setup her booth regularly, you can choose to shoot in SG or Taiwan. If you're interested you can PM me I'll give you her contact. Other than pre-wedding shoot package, you can also add in actual day package. Just tell her what you want when you meetup with her and she'll quote you accordingly. A very trustable and friendly Taiwanese lady.

Akow

oh but they don’t have a shop in SG? I’m more particular about gowns and overall service, we may not have pre wedding photography. Just wondering if it works

angelccl93

oh but they don’t have a shop in SG? I’m more particular about gowns and overall service, we may not have pre wedding photography. Just wondering if it works

They do have a branch in SG located in Boon Keng, I'll need to get the exact address first. Their gowns and service are great, you can also look through their FB page for the gowns they have. My display photo is one of the wedding gown that I'm wearing for my big day by their bridal studio.

Last edited:

Akow

They do have a branch in SG located in Boon Keng, I'll need to get the exact address first. Their gowns and service are great, you can also look through their FB page for the gowns they have. My display photo is one of the wedding gown that I'm wearing for my big day by their bridal studio.
ok thanks :)

akemi0sihui

I’m a July 2019 bride! Booked my banquet, the bridal for the AD and the MUA!! Kinda exciting to slowly piece them all up! Can’t wait!

Jaygab

I’m a July 2019 bride! Booked my banquet, the bridal for the AD and the MUA!! Kinda exciting to slowly piece them all up! Can’t wait!
Omg so fast! I just nua for abit after booking my venue recently. Lol! Thinking of searching again till around Jul/Aug period for the rest.

creami

Hello! I'm an April 2019 BTB. I think it is not too early to source for venue now as few of my friends usually booked 15-18 months before their wedding.

My wedding is right after qing ming festival and it's consider as unpopular date, hence we managed to book our venue last month (April), exactly one year apart.

Last edited:

creami

Hello! I'm an April 2019 BTB. I think it is not too early to source for venue now as few of my friends usually booked 15-18 months before their wedding.

My wedding is right after qing ming festival and it's consider as unpopular date, hence we managed to book our venue last month (April), exactly one year apart.

Continue.... I got to do the math here :p

For instance, one year has 52 weeks, total there are approx 104 Saturdays and Sundays. Say excluding those unpopular or inauspiscious dates for Chinese couple, total left with maybe 60-80 weekends to choose. It's better to book early if you can.

iygnix

Continue.... I got to do the math here :p

For instance, one year has 52 weeks, total there are approx 104 Saturdays and Sundays. Say excluding those unpopular or inauspiscious dates for Chinese couple, total left with maybe 60-80 weekends to choose. It's better to book early if you can.

Very true! I think that's why the other date I am looking at in Dec 2019 is taken. It's the few auspicious date in Dec. Unless your parents are not Pantang, MUST choose auspicious date kind, otherwise book early!

iygnix

Omg so fast! I just nua for abit after booking my venue recently. Lol! Thinking of searching again till around Jul/Aug period for the rest.

Where did you book? I'm also feeling nua after settling the venue, feels so far away still... :p

Jaygab

where did u book in the end? :)
Where did you book? I'm also feeling nua after settling the venue, feels so far away still... :p

I booked Ramada ~! Super happy about it and since they aren't participating in Bows this month, so I didnt wait further. You all leh?

Yah! I wanna ask you also, did you go "calculate" your auspicious date for this? I wanted April but I see that none of the Sat in April is good..

creami

Yah! I wanna ask you also, did you go "calculate" your auspicious date for this? I wanted April but I see that none of the Sat in April is good..

Which month did you book? We didn't calculate the date and the wedding is on our anniversary :p.

Initially we wanted to consult shifu for auspiscious dates but my FPIL said they were not pantang. After we booked our venue, they seem abit dumbfounded by the date we chose. I don't know what they want also to be frank.

Anyway my parents are ok as long as it is not lunar 6th and 7th month.

Our ROM and AD are on seperate dates. Since we already dropped the idea to consult a shifu, we just found general auspicious dates for our ROM from this link https://www.yourchineseastrology.com/calendar/2019/5.htm. Just in case not to upset anyone.

Yes! I think you are right! Based on the link above, there isnt any good sat in April. Although we already received unpleasant comment from his aunt about our AD, it's our wedding and our parents are somewhat ok. So we just let it flow and let it be. We are prepared to tell the relatives April is high season for Spring, means "kai hua jie guo" (开花结果) to brush off their comments :oops:.

Last edited:

creami

Very true! I think that's why the other date I am looking at in Dec 2019 is taken. It's the few auspicious date in Dec. Unless your parents are not Pantang, MUST choose auspicious date kind, otherwise book early!

Which venue were you looking at? Have you found any other venues already?

Jaygab

Which month did you book? We didn't calculate the date and the wedding is on our anniversary :p.

Initially we wanted to consult shifu for auspiscious dates but my FPIL said they were not pantang. After we booked our venue, they seem abit dumbfounded by the date we chose. I don't know what they want also to be frank.

Anyway my parents are ok as long as it is not lunar 6th and 7th month.

Our ROM and AD are on seperate dates. Since we already dropped the idea to consult a shifu, we just found general auspicious dates for our ROM from this link https://www.yourchineseastrology.com/calendar/2019/5.htm. Just in case not to upset anyone.

Yes! I think you are right! Based on the link above, there isnt any good sat in April. Although we already received unpleasant comment from his aunt about our AD, it's our wedding and our parents are somewhat ok. So we just let it flow and let it be. We are prepared to tell the relatives April is high season for Spring, means "kai hua jie guo" (开花结果) to brush off their comments :oops:.

We wanted Apr but none of the dates are good so we got May ! Haha guess they not pantang meaning at least dont choose very inauspicious day, like so so day also can thats why maybe they are dumbfounded by ur choice. But your 开花结果 reason also good la !

NanaLin

Hello! I’m also a 2019 BTB and consulted shifu earlier this week and non of the dates in April are good for us so we are looking at May 19 or Aug 19. We checked with a few hotels this week and was shocked both dates for May 19 and Aug 19 were already booked

Jaygab

Hello! I’m also a 2019 BTB and consulted shifu earlier this week and non of the dates in April are good for us so we are looking at May 19 or Aug 19. We checked with a few hotels this week and was shocked both dates for May 19 and Aug 19 were already booked

Yea man! BOWs coming next week. More dates will be snatched if you haven’t book by then.

creami

Yes de! My brother booked his earlier this year for last quarter of next year already. So it is really never too late to book the banquet. :oops:. About 18 months apart. I heard from my banquet coordinator the other day that a few of the slots in 2020 already taken.

Phoebe Lummy

My HTB and I were in the same situation when we realised that most hotels were booked on Feb 2. Fortunately, we made soft bookings at 2 remaining hotels (avail on Feb 2) that gave us some time to consider before we booked the hotel.

I suggest that you provide more alternative dates to your preferred hotels to do a soft booking before the dates get booked by other couples.

NanaLin

My HTB and I were in the same situation when we realised that most hotels were booked on Feb 2. Fortunately, we made soft bookings at 2 remaining hotels (avail on Feb 2) that gave us some time to consider before we booked the hotel.

I suggest that you provide more alternative dates to your preferred hotels to do a soft booking before the dates get booked by other couples.

Okok... may I know how the soft booking works? I’ve arranged for viewing the following weekend and also informed the manager to hold on the date for us first. But I wonder if she can hold the dates till I view 2 another shortlisted hotels. Any deposit need for soft booking too?

Phoebe Lummy

Okok... may I know how the soft booking works? I’ve arranged for viewing the following weekend and also informed the manager to hold on the date for us first. But I wonder if she can hold the dates till I view 2 another shortlisted hotels. Any deposit need for soft booking too?

We provided the hotels with 3-5 dates and asked them to help us soft book. Soft booking is like reserving. No deposit is required.

Then the hotels will check and inform you if the dates given are avail. After which, you tell them to soft book those avail dates. They will hold the dates until another couple is interested in the same date that you reserved.

The hotels will then ask if you want to confirm the venue within a given period before they release the date to the other couple.

My advice is to soft book at least 2 hotels to get an advantage over others.

NanaLin

We provided the hotels with 3-5 dates and asked them to help us soft book. Soft booking is like reserving. No deposit is required.

Then the hotels will check and inform you if the dates given are avail. After which, you tell them to soft book those avail dates. They will hold the dates until another couple is interested in the same date that you reserved.

The hotels will then ask if you want to confirm the venue within a given period before they release the date to the other couple.

My advice is to soft book at least 2 hotels to get an advantage over others.

Thanks!! This is helpful!

Derfaith

Hi! My venue will be at Orchard Parade Hotel. My HTB and I wants more of food quality instead of splurging too much on unnecessary stuffs.

Hi Maddy, we are thinking of that hotel too. We are however constraint by church protocols not to book any venues before they come back to us. So we can only shop for bridal bouquets now. Pray by then the date is still available.

But already soft book the AD photographer. Gave him 3 of e preferred dates. Told him I’ll come back to him once we get the dates so he can accept other couples.

maddyTSY

Hi Maddy, we are thinking of that hotel too. We are however constraint by church protocols not to book any venues before they come back to us. So we can only shop for bridal bouquets now. Pray by then the date is still available.

But already soft book the AD photographer. Gave him 3 of e preferred dates. Told him I’ll come back to him once we get the dates so he can accept other couples.
I pretty like the ambience there. As I have went to see many other hotels. Initially I wants to hold at M hotel but due to budget constraints that’s why I go for food quality instead and it’s in a hotel in town. Try to soft book dates through the wedding coordinator by Tung Lok. They are having wedding fair soon.

My best advice is soft book first then once confirm can let go ahead to place deposit. I think Tung Lok is quite flexible though.

I have not booked AD photographer yet because HTB say I ganchiong spider. ask me to look into it in 2019.

sketched kisses

Oh dear, I didn't know there were protocols such as this. When are you intending to have your AD though?

Out of curiosity, what processes does the Church have in place before making a decision on the date?

minixton

Hello ladies! 2019 Nov BTB here! Booked my venue and bridal packages. Just waiting for prewedding shoots in early Nov this year! Hope i dont look too different from actual day though

maddyTSY

Hello ladies! 2019 Nov BTB here! Booked my venue and bridal packages. Just waiting for prewedding shoots in early Nov this year! Hope i dont look too different from actual day though
Wow! That’s fast! Initially I wanted to have my PWS in Oct or Nov but I realized it’s a little too far away from my actual day. Possible to share which venue and which bridal package you took?

LAL5016

Hi all, I’m a Jan 2019 btb! Jus finalising AD photographer at this stage. Haven’t book caterer for church wedding too. You girls are all very well prepared!

Phoebe Lummy

Does anyone here come up with a to-do list? We haven't received the list from the hotel so we just search for whatever that comes to mind.

Any idea where to get wedding shoes other than Anna Nucci?

minixton

Wow! That’s fast! Initially I wanted to have my PWS in Oct or Nov but I realized it’s a little too far away from my actual day. Possible to share which venue and which bridal package you took?

That was one of my concern too! But i signed up for Korea photoshoot w the bridal studio, so it’s either Autumn or Spring (April 2019). Everyone around me recommended Autumn so that the photos will be more colorful compared to white Spring in Korea
Im holding my wedding at M hotel and Whitelink bridal package :)

Lipswithlove

Hi guys, would appreciate abit of advice here. If i'm planning for a wedding September 2019, have I started too late? I've only nailed down my venue. Seems like everyone's starting like .. so early and i'm worried i'm late. :(

maddyTSY

Hi guys, would appreciate abit of advice here. If i'm planning for a wedding September 2019, have I started too late? I've only nailed down my venue. Seems like everyone's starting like .. so early and i'm worried i'm late. :(

Hi! It’s never too late yeah. You can start planning now. Try to secure your venue first. It’s important before you can do the rest. Where will you be having your banquet?

maddyTSY

That was one of my concern too! But i signed up for Korea photoshoot w the bridal studio, so it’s either Autumn or Spring (April 2019). Everyone around me recommended Autumn so that the photos will be more colorful compared to white Spring in Korea
Im holding my wedding at M hotel and Whitelink bridal package :)

I’m having local PWS. So no preferences on the date. I wish to have my banquet at M Hotel but it’s way to expensive and I couldn’t afford to spend so much money yet due to BTO in 1-2 years time.

maddyTSY

Oh dear, am I considered slow? how long ago did you guys begin? :/

feel like everything's abit rushing and overwhelming nw.
Hi. I started my planning in exact, last year. But I started executing the plans in March 2018.
Because there's a lot of recce need to be done. That's why I felt relieved after settling my necessary bridal packages and venue.