Pan Pacific Singapore

lace

hey cheerful!

Are you the cheerful in BV thread?

What a coincidence, saw ur post here and u know what, I'm a panpac bride and delia tang is my co-ordinator as well! She's going on maternity leave? I signed up with them in July this year - didn't realise she's pregnant then. Do u know when she is coming back? I find her quite ok - at least I didn't encounter the problems that some panpac brides in this thread had with their co-ordinators. Hope she's still our co-ordinator next Jun.

jack

Hi Cheerful & Lace,

Yes, Delia is going for her maternity this Dec. Anyway, she will be back in 2 months time. So I think it should be alright for your wedding. So far she is quite a nice lady from wat I see, hope u have a great time with her.

Jack

lace

Thks, Jack.

Is Delia ur co-ordinator as well? Ya, she's pretty nice. She still recognised us when we went for the BV show this month. She didn't look pregnant to me then either or maybe I was too distracted by the show to notice.
lol.gif

lace

Hi cheerful,

Did u take the Pacific or Ocean Ballroom? I'm looking at around 32 tables. They gave me Pacific Ballroom 1 & 2.

lace

Hi cheerful,

They gave you Ballroom 3 - good for u! I'm taking Ballroom 1 & 2. Actually, I only realised a few days ago that Ballroom 1 does not have the glass/lighting panels on the walls (that I like a lot & one of the reasons why I chose Panpac). I took 30 tables plus 2 reserved tables. Think because it's a weekend, Panpac try to keep Ballroom 3 for sale to other couples on that day.

So disappointed
sad.gif

I will try to ask them nearer the date if Ballroom 3 is still available. If so, will see if they can change my venue to Ballroom 2 & 3 instead.

bear

hi all,

juz wondering...my family went to pp wedding dinner a mth ago n the couple gave out a pair of bears (bride/groom) as wedding favours. they r really pretty n cute...is it incl in the pkg?

icemilo

Yes bear, you can choose them as wedding favour. In fact, PP also offers you other choices, like candles, chocolates, etc etc

binbin

hi could anyone advise who is the nicest and efficient coordinator to talk to at pan pac?
thanks so much!

happy

Hi

My sis jus had her wedding at PP in Oct. I dun quite like the co ordinator but everything went on well cos the ops manager who run the show on the actual day did an excellent job. So in conclusion, must hv a efficient Ops manager.

binbin

Hi all, could someone pls advise please please...
has anyone heard of Juliana Tay from Pan Pac as the catering manager? Is she nice, negotiable and responsible? Pls advise...
Heard about Ailing and Delia, but not Juliana.
Pls reply, thanks so much ladies........................

M

mail lum

hi binbin,

my coordinator was Juliana. found her very bo-chap... she forgot our meeting and was not keen to close the deal and not even the deposit. my package was more or less settled at the time she took over. she sent me the contract and never bothered to call to follow up. it was always me who call her. anyway, i have since changed to another hotel.

hmmm... that's my personal experience with her... could be different for you... Good luck!

binbin

thanks mail lum.
happy.gif

btw do you have any idea that there's 2 julianas in Pan pac. not sure if they are both catering sales manager. very confusing. what is the surname of the one who served you, can you advise?
thanks so much!!!
btw which hotel are you with now?

M

mail lum

hi bin bin,

oops, not aware that there are 2 julianas. can't remember the surname now. if you want, i can go back and check cos i still keep their contract.

i'm with marriott now.

binbin

Dear Garfield,
can i ask you something....?
were Ailing with you from the beginning til end? or did she come in only after you signed the package with them?
can you advise? coz we are considering pan pac but very worried about the comments on their bad service.....
pls advice...
thanks so much!

binbin

hi mail lum. oh no...but someone had juliana tan too, but found her nice.
sigh.....why are the manager so inconsistent!
thanks so much.....

binbin

Something wonderful to share with you ladies......
happy.gif

With the negative comments from this thread, me and my FH were skeptical about the service quality in Pan Pac. And being ppl who value good service beyond anything else, it was with some cynicism that we met up with the pac pac catering sales. Prior to this, I had called up June, Catering Director and explained to her my concerns. She actually let me have the freedom to choose which manager I wish to liaise with if I am to sign up, and promised me that she usually peruse and screen the sales coordinators to ensure good service and products are delivered. She will be there for the first mtg to introduce and explain, after which she will hand it to her. In the end, I asked for Ailing due to the many good comments I have heard about her.
happy.gif

We met up with June and Ailing last night, and there is only one word to describe the service we received. EXCELLENT.
happy.gif
You can be assured I am not their staff (in case ur wondering) as I have been posting in this site for some time.
happy.gif
Of all the hotels in which we have met their sales director/manager (Conrad, Marriot, Merchant Court, Fullerton), I am surprised to say that last night's service surpassed all. You may wonder if they are pretending, but let me assure you this. Well, all of us know that the negative comments so far have not been extended to either Ailing (and Delia) or June. Their sincere smiles and presentation last night could not be anything but geniune. June is a very dynamic lady, and she love chatting and talking about her work. You can feel that she is passionate about what she does. The things she shared with us, her experiences in life, her happiness when she talked abt the packages and the little touches could not be faked. The ballroom (We are interested in Pacific Ballroom only) was wonderful, and has such a romantic long aisle.
happy.gif
The tables in the reception was strewn with beautiful rose petals and a happily burning candle. We were particularly pleased with the fantastic range of Wedding favours, which you may like to know she proposed herself. She researched and modified, and got her designers to do things she know will make the brides and grooms happy. She is concerned of the little touches in the ballroom and packages. We actually spent more than 2 hours talking. She has obtained a suite key for us to view the suite, and we proceeded up. I entered the room noting the comfy furniture, then I entered the bedroom. My whole being melted. I remembered someone said in this thread that their suites are so comfortable they wish to jump onto the bed right away. I saw what they meant.
happy.gif
The cosiness and warmth of the suite makes me yearn to sign up even more,and the magnificant four poster bed makes me so happy.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
i always have an affinity to four poster beds, and this one is super king size. I couldn't bear to leave.

During the mtg, we asked her what did she think of the comments she has been hearing abt their service. She said she had been surprised, and had talked to the manager(s) whom had been complained abt. I respect her decision when she said she prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt. To my queries on negative comments of the food experienced 2 yrs ago, she explained that the management of Pan Pac had changed hands few yrs ago. This could have resulted in some uncertainties and disorganised management in staff last time (from 1997 to 2000). The hotel has been picking up, improving and surpassing ever since 2000. The old chef had moved out and opened his own restaurant. The new chef, as we all know, makes good food.
happy.gif

When we said bye to June, my FH and I couldn't wait to share our feelings. From the 4 hotels b4, we usually have different feelings here and there. But for once last night, we totally agree on everything, and our hearts felt so warmed by our experience. Let's put it this way. If we had not been coming to this thread, we would have signed up with Pan Pac right away. They are that good. But we felt we need to discuss first. But then again, if we had not come to this site, we wouldn't have met June, a wonderful person, not only as a sales director.
happy.gif
Previously, due to a wonderful service (over the phone) I experienced with the Regent Hotel Director, I thought I would be comparing all hotels to Regent. But now, We will be benchmarking all hotels, from now onwards, with Pan Pac. We didn't expect this.
happy.gif

What I wish to say is this. Give Pan Pac a chance. Go and speak to Ailing, Delia or June. They are wonderful ppl. Go and see the ballroom, their wedding favours, their suites (or pictures of it). Do not strike off this hotel (we nearly did) from your list. Yes, ppl's taste differs, but pls do not be prejudiced coz of the negative experience of some of the brides-to-be. It was unfortunate that some had received bad service, but I am sure they would not have complained if they had been there last night instead of meeting up with their original manager.
happy.gif
With June as their Director, you can be assured your Wedding (or planning for Wedding) itself would be a beautiful experience.

11968.gif

pooh

Hi

We're thinking of booking our wedding dinner
next year at PP in Nov 03. It'll be on weekday. May i know for those who have booked their weeding dinner on weekday next year, what is the net price per table that u have managed to bargain?

We found that the 5% tax imposed next year is quite steep?

Regards
Pooh

white

Hi Fen,
Any idea how to contact the lady working in Pan Pac, who provide MC services for guest upon request.

angry

my experience was pan pac was bad
the coordinator was juliana, who was bo chup, dun bother about whether i was confirming them, or whether i wanted anything extra .. she wasn't warm at all. had an attitude!

forget it
money is better spent elsewhere. so i gave up pan pac!

love

Hi All...

I am new here and would like to join in for the discussin.

I have already booked my banquet with Pan Pac and my coordinator is caroline too....any adv??

C

chupachup

hi love

this thread has been quite dead for a while...anyway, had my wedding early this yr at pan pac and my coordinator was caroline too. basically caroline is a nice lady but bcos she handles so many accts, she tends to be quite forgetful so u must really chase and remind her if u need something done. Also make sure that whatever it is, bargain for the best deal. PanPac wanted to charge me for the projector at $500 but i told them no way was i going to pay. Caroline said they had to charge bcos they need to rent the projector from somewhere else so i asked her then why when the ballroom is booked for a seminar, a projector wld be provided for free? I know that all hotels own their own projector. Doesn't make cow sense to rent it right? In the end, she cldn't give me a valid answer finally they said ok and gave it to me FOC. So make sure u bargain and get the best deal. The hotels are already earning so much cannot let them earn anymore.

C

chupachup

Oh and one other thing, Caroline is always on MC. I think she's very weak. Had a hard time looking for her cos she's always sick and not around. Good luck!! And Caroline was also new at that time so she gave us a lot of wrong info and make us panic at the last min.

love

Hi Chupachup

thks for the adv...she used to be from mandrain n happen to be my fren's fren...anyway is it possible to change coordinate if we think she is not meeting our expectation??and can i chk wif u did u bring your own DFS liquor and did u managed to escape from paying the corkage charges??

C

chupachup

hi love,

yeah i know she was frm mandarin she told us b4 too. However, bcos each hotel is diff she cldn't really give us good advice for pp i.e. like how many tables max can the ballroom take, how to layout the tables if we only have xx numbers or yy numbers. I think u can request for a change of coordinator if u have a valid reason. For us we had a lot of problems with her and we called the director to complain but by then it was quite late to change so the director actually helped us in whatever ways she can.

We did not serve any hard liquor. Only wine. And DFS Liquor is not allowed. Only duty paid liquor is allowed. Otherwise they'll charge u tax. I managed to bargain for wine corkage to half the price. And they also gave me a number of corkage free. However, they said that they are so willing to do that bcos i have more than 4 crates of wine.

P

p

hi Love, why dun u refer to all the comments posted under this thread. just click on the archive above.

D

dk

Hi Snoopy & Love,
Mine on 18th Nov too...i made reservation with the Hotel in January...

Have guys made your booking? If not...
Got to hurry both your weddings fall on popular months... And Love what date in Nov is your wedding? Will U be having the Pacific Ballroom?
I do understand 2nd & 30th Nov is taken...

Regards

love

Hi..
I have already made my booking last Nov...
My big day is on the 23 nov...

DK...ur 18th nov is my ROM date...hehehe...

My coordinator is Caroline....u????

mango

Hi there,

For those who are interested to book Pan Pac, maybe you can look for this lady called Ng Ai Ling (Think she's the mgr). I find that she's pretty friendly and helpful.

snoopy

Hi all,

My coordinator is Caroline too! Wow Love, you made the booking a year in advance. My hubby and I only started sourcing around 8 months before our big day :p

snoopy

C

chupachup

for those who got caroline as ur coordinator make sure u chase her and remind her cos she's quite forgetful. must always keep track of what u ask her ok. speaking from my own experience actually. good choice in choosing PP. It's a really nice place and even better are their little gifts for the guests.

D

dk

Hi Snoopy,
I liased with Juiliana (Catering Sales Mgr). Paid our deposit on Jan 2003 for 18th Nov.
Is there more than 1 manager at Pan Pac?

Love,
I'm i little "Pey Seay" embarassed...My ROM date was history...02/03/99. Yeap! 4th Aniversary just 2days ago...
Very long right! But i seem it was jus yesterday.......time flies!

D

dk

Hey Snoopy & Love,
Have U got a bridal yet?
I'm cracking my head wif this issue....
Maybe we can exchange info....which bridal has u shortlisted?

snoopy

Hi DK,

My hubby says Caroline is also a "Manager" but I'm not very sure coz he was the one who did all the liaising. I, errrr... paisay, paisay, didn't do anything, hehe
lame.gif

Wow, you've ROMed 4 years ago! Belated congrats to you for your 4th anniversary. I've only ROMed 1+ month ago on 31/01, Chinese New Year's eve
happy.gif

I've engaged the services of Universal Bridal. Seems ok so far. I've already had my photos taken and confirmed the designs for the MTM gowns.

snoopy

D

dk

Snoopy,
U sure did found a good Hubby there.

Ayah! for me leh...i think "Teo Piah" 4 years ago...me gotto do almost everything....like "Yao Gui" to get married...Hee!
He keep saying: " U can handle lah, i will come in if U need Big decision" (for him this is a sure win situation).

Now the bridal part is the most stressfull part....On one hand wanne save as much as possible than on the other hand want to look pretty & hansome...Stressfull!

Lucky for U...As for me i still have not confirm on the bridal yet.

D

dk

Snoopy,
Universal Bridal is at Toa Payoh right?
Seems to be very attractive...i happened pass by saw many ppl inside..
How the package ?