Novotel Clarke Quay

vividz

705934.jpg

vianice

Hi Iris,

The wedding favours are similar to furama and other hotels. But at least they have chocolate, which my bf has been looking for, to give to guests as wedding favours.

earthsea

Hi Iris, thanks for posting the photo! Possible to post a larger version so we can see each one more closely? So far I can see teddy bears, and the coasters (quite common designs, but the photoframe one is quite unusual), the handphone straps. Can't make out the others. Which one is the S&P shakers and the soap?

vividz

Due to the limit of size of file, I onli can post this. The S&P is the two hearts with red ribbon (nothing special),the candle covering the S&P looks quite nice. The soap is the two bears & the wedding couple cartoon which is on the left. The two bears dun look nice, the wedding couple cartoon looks cute. I choose the coaster with photoframe & terry bear handphone strip which is just next to it on the right side cos I tink both of them match well.

ya, most hotels got similar wedding favours. I rem I received the terry bear of groom & bride before at other hotel. The chocolate is the one next to the soap bears, can't really see clearly. we were too busy discussing abt the wedding stuff so no time to take close up photo of each items, also Huiling quite shocked when I asked my husband to take photo of wedding favours. funny..

funfun

Thanks, Iris!
their bear still the same... hmm...
Tot of asking to get the bear tt my fiance got fr his fren wedding...

Moon: forgot to mention where i got the ribbon.
I bought it when I'm overseas. Lik to shop craft raw material when travelling or got online purchase fr US website.. haha..
If u interested on 'double happiness' embossing ribbon, u can get it fr Chinatown hawker center (level 2 or 3). So far I din see they hv 'Our wedding' embossing wording ribbon

jiahui

Wah funfun
Your preparation really quite fast.
My AD is in Oct. Until now i still not sure what I should start coordinating with Jaime.
Except that I printed the cards and going to arrange food tasting.
What else I should take note?

bernice

iris,

i think ur wedding favour choice have more variety as compare to my wedding period during end mar-08. I got the glass coaster as my wedding favours. Alot of guests especially relatives dunno can bring home tot that is for display they glass.

tinggy

my wedding was May. I got the blue and pink colour bear that are filled with body shampoo. Most of my guest liked it and many said they can use it when during touring.

funfun

jiahui..
I preparing so early coz I wun be in Sg during Sept - Oct..We will come bac just before our wedding.. haha..Hence,Jamie coordinating my special case smoothly..

I oso dunno wat to take note.. just trying my best to do everyth and get it done by sept... dun wan to rush when we bac for the wedding day.. haha... I wan to enjoy the day not rushing all the way.. haha..

jiahui

Hi funfun
Icic...
It good to prepare early, so that it will not be so rush.
I'm planning for food tasting cum parents meeting session.
Hopefully can be done by july.
August is Lunar 7th month. As we are quite superstitious, must put everything on hold for that month.

lingandyang

Hi Ladies,
my AD was over in 21 June. Had posted a post earlier on but wasn't able to post in detail as i'm leaving for my honeymoon.
happy.gif

I hadn't regretted choosing Novotel at all. Overall was pretty smooth throughout. We did not exceed the 1 bottle wine per table, we even have 1.5 bottle left.

Food overall was quite good too, though some relatives feedback that sharkfin wasn't as good. But most frens thought they were ok.

Sound system was good, bass was strong. The dry ice effect to me was great as it covered the whole floor and we felt like walking on cloud. It was a beautiful sight. And there were waitors and waitress kneeling on the floor fanning the dry ice.

But there is one thing to take note perhaps, cos for us, we arranged the bride's side frens and relative on the left and groom's on the right. We did not know actually it was normally done on the opposite. And on the layout of the tables, it was only indicated 2 VIP tables. So tat night although i had informed my jiemeis, but i forgot that normally relatives will not go to the reception. So end up the captain brought them to sit at the wrong tables and they have to make a change aftertat.

apart from this, nothing of a big prob. And Ramesh had definitely been a great help to us.
happy.gif

tinggy

I also had the same complain of the bad sharkfin. But my feedback on the sharkfin fr friends and relative were really really bad. I feel ashame to ask them abt the food during my wedding. And alot of my relative complain not enuff man power. But I dunno... over is over. overall, i still feel quite ok with the service by Novotel. Just to remind all bride to be, to play attention on the sharkfin and service. Some of my relative even complain cold food and very slow service

moon_27

Hi Ting,

Did you actually feedback to Jamie or the management on this? I have kinda notice the complaints on and off and NCQ didnt realy seem to take that into consideration to improve their level of service.

To all BTB, do you think we should write to them or wat? I am very worried that the poor service will leave unpleasant experience with my guests.

vividz

I choose the glass coaster & bear wif handphone strip. If most of them nvr take then I bring hm, so I can give those who nvr come but give hong bao or presents. I will ask one of my friend or my brothers to go collect. my friend's wedding also give glass coaster, she bought from other shop cos she dun like the wedding favour the hotel provided. at the end of the wedding got many left, I took a few hm, hee hee.

moon, I agreed we saw lot of repeated complaints on this & tat & not much improvement done. even Jamie & Huiling are too busy to handle their customers how do they have time for improvement? writing to them also can't help much, unless we are writing to their direct boss. poor service from waitress is happening in most hotels too. last mth I went for annual dinner at Fullerton, their service also quite bad, asked for vinegar they dun understand wat is it, still said got to eat original then will be nice, ask for salt they give soya sauce, ask for drink also quite slow, even though one waitress to one table.

I tink I should email Huiling to tell her to make sure the sharkfin is ok, hopefully she will the chief abt it. But I tink chances are low, cos during the food tasting we ald email her to change the style of fish but she nvr change we got to tell the chief to change last min, in the end the fish dun turn out well. =(

my dinnr will be next sun, hopefully everything goes out well. anyone interested to see the ballroom deco are welcome, can come after 7.30pm when the door are opened.
happy.gif

vividz

I took Phoenix ballroom, but I tink I will have around 31 tables plus 2 reserve tables, so not so packed. I see the floor plan for 36 tables (including 2 reserve tables) quite packed ald.
happy.gif

pcw

Hi all, just finish my wedding last Saturday, everything went well with minimum hitch. Majority of the guests turn up, think only three or four didn't turn up and also very few surprises as only two or three couples turn up with their child. So it does help to be naggy abit and sms or email to remind your guests your wedding few days before. But of course we also have a super co-ordinator (our dear friend) who settled everything nicely for us, arranging extra seats and baby chairs, etc.

I had 33tables (order 32 and open one spare) as planned.

Iris, one suggestion, not sure if you are arranging, i brought my own DVD player and projector to project at the opposite end of the other screen because i have altogether four MTV and slideshows for my guests, so it helps alot to have another screen as the ballroom is quite big, the other end may not see clearly and those tables that are seated too near to the screen, they confirm can't catch anything too.

Other than that, for your information we didn't open any extra bottle of wine or beer, was told it's just nice (33 bottles and one barrel of beer).

As for food wise, my guests, family and relatives compliment the food is really good, no complaints on the sharkfin.

Service wise, no complaints too. Ramesh is fantastic, Sham (the AV engineer) is marvellous and Jamie is really helpful and prompt too. There was no rush in the service staff, maybe because we started at 8.15pm (could have started at 8pm if not for some seating re-arrangement).

That's about it, will provide more information when i am back from honeymoon, flying off in a few hours...

juztea

After reading all this, it further affirms my thoughts on the service standard of Novotel. I had my doubts to begin with, looking at their responses to me.

Ramesh is fantastic. Too bad he is not a sales person. If not i'll definitely sign up with him.

Lingandyang, I went to see your wedding setup on that day! Haha!

lingandyang

hi only, oh is it! haa i had 41 tables tat day. I used flower theme, though initially i decided upon combi. But then i changed my mind when i saw the flower theme looks so nice to me.
happy.gif

vividz

ting, ur wedding was at May? my food tasting was during may also, the sharkfin seems alright, no complain on it.

wow, pcw, u manage to start so early, i hope mine can too.
happy.gif

funfun

PCW,

May I know which ballroom u in?
den how u fix the other screen the other side? they provide u the screen or u brought in ur own?

coz i hv extra projector and dvd player.. but dun hv screen le...
also plan to show more montage n mtv.. haha..

moon_27

Hi ALL,

Anyone has more than 40 tables say ard 44 tables at the Phoenix ballroom? Will it be very cramped? what is the max capacity? Anyone can enlighten me???

moon_27

Hi Ting,

Will this affect the aisle walkway? Cos I have one fren who have quite a no of tables and when they marched in, they couldnt even walk together cos it was too squzeey!

Btw, when did you also arrange for the food tasting?

vividz

Hi Moon,

I just check the checklist they gave us, this is the answer u need: "Two Months Before Your Wedding is Confirmation of menu, arrange for food tasting" & "Three Months Before Your Wedding - Collection of wedding cards from the Supplier for printing".

ryanon123

Jamie had tendered her resignation with Novotel Clarke Quay. I had asked to meet up with her on the 28th July and she said she will no longer be with the hotel already so i supposed her last day is soon.

funfun

Ryan..
Serious?
She din tell me when I meet her last meet-up...
Did she inform you that who going to be your coordinator after she left?

ixoral

oh really? and to think i have been having email exchanges with her.. i did propose to meet her on 26July but she hasnt reply me..

starskyz

haiz.. guess we can't make any difference here, juz pray hard that whoeva taking over will do a as good job bah..

btw, anyone here scrape off or intend to scrape off the sharkfin soup dish? me and htb intend to take it off our menu but dunno if the fish maw soup nice or not..

rjwedding

hi all.. i'm back from my wedding on 6 Jul & my honeymoon.. back in office now.. some updates on my wedding @ NCQ

Ramesh is really very good.. Brief us in very detail and making sure we are comfortable.. abit nervous during the 1st march-in, but Ramesh gave us the greatest compliments and make us feel so comfortable after that.. then we don't feel nervous at all during our 2nd march in..

i had the full max capacity for the Pheonix Ballroom (50 tables).. almost full that day, except 1 or 2 tables with only 5-6 people.. but that was ok.. it's really very cramped, but no complaints from my guests..

luckily I brought bottles beers as my one complimentary beer was used up.. i brought 36 bottles, but only consumed about 12 bottles.. and on top of the one complimentary wine per table.. we opened extra 6 bottles of red wine.. actually all our wine & beer comsumption are under our expectation.. now I got about 20 bottles of beer left over.. any takers??

only minor incident on my wedding day.. spillage on my relatives.. Ramesh is so good and efficient that we didn't even hear any complaint from my relative..

other that that.. everything went smoothly.. my dinner commences on time and we actually got sufficient time to mingle with our friends after our table to table phototaking.. thought we might not have the time cos got so many tables.. everything ends before 11pm.. so happy..

think everyone enjoyed the night and we enjoyed it so much too.. will load my photos to my multiply soon..

rjwedding

oh.. somebody asked me what theme I took previously?? my theme is crystal.. actually tot of taking combi.. but felt not so nice.. so take crystal theme only.. my wedding favour is the coaster..

ryanon123

funfun,

Huiling will be taking over as my wedding planner. I think it will only be harder to contact them or make appt because 2 person already so hard, 1 person sure lagi harder.. ha ha

what's wrong with the shark's fin.. heard some not so nice comments over it. Should i take it off too and take fish maw instead? What is fish maw anyway.. ha ha

Quite sad hor..

rjwedding

from what i know, Jamie tendered becos of her baby.. she wants to take care of her baby herself.. I think NCQ will be finding people to replace her, i don't think Huiling can cope with the amount of work now..

oh, something to add.. i like their first dish presentation.. very cute n nice.. very creative..

duffy_75

Alamka Jamie resigned. My wedding cordinator should be her leh. Haiz....duno know who will take over and will do a good job or not...Anyone know when her last day?I request her to do something for me. Think must drop her another email to remind her before she goes off.

vianice

Hi funfun,

i e-mailed Jamie to check on the wedding show but she didn't reply me. Has she left Novotel? Thanks for the details, i'll e-mail for the wedding show details.