(2003) Brides of year 2003

jazz

Shook, forfeit deposit never mind, but I'm more scared that we have to pay full amount. Will see how loh. Just had a talk with my FH's dad. Think I understand the situation and his concern now. Agree with him, he does have a point there. Will just see how then.

Pausini, yes, I can view your picts now. Your house looked very neat and cozy. I loved your waredrobe design especially.
happy.gif

cat

hi wen, is wesley having his photo exhibition in funan now? him alone or w other photographers? until when ah?

may

Jazz: agree w shook, u can consider talking to the hotel and postpone the wedding. As far as i understand, if you postpone the wedding u need not forgo your deposit. I think most of us are proceeding with our dinner. We r just praying very hard that things will improved as time goes by. As PM Goh says Life still got to go on and we have to learn to live w SARS.
I met w my hotel last week and from their stand they are now more flexible if i reduced my tables no. rather then have the whole event cancelled.
Like u, i am printing the cards only this week and will distribute the end of the month.

Shook: yr hubby's thinking is not right. In the end you paid S$ 1800 more for the photos - this is not cheap! You shld have bargained - with only 70+ photos to choose, you still can spend so much...they shld be VERY NICE to you. Plus, your budget of 6K for bridal is alot. Yours is not mtm package, right. When u next go to WL, make sure you say loudly that you top up alot for photos! And they let you choose the right gown tillu happy.

My budget for bridal was only 5K, in the end i spent less than 4.5K so i very happy. The savings will be used for actual day photography.

Pausini: no hubby and i not christians. We r just modern...ha..ha...Yep, i am proceeding w the chinese text..hope to get it done by this week. Moving slowly.

I still wld like to go away for honeymoon but worried that countries mayb baring us coz we are SARS affected. So sian...hate the idea of coming back to work after wedding.

jus

hi stressed,

sorry, but you are talking about the invitation card for the dinner or the wedding fair?
for the wedding fair, me and fh paid for it... ; (
you mean you got the invitation card from syarul?

i am not too sure of the quality of the string quartet (not so musically inclined-lar...)
but i tot the fair was a little different and unique from others
have you been to others?

but i do agree that towards the end of the second show, it was getting boring
overall, still ok-lah (for me and FH)

pausini

May: wah u really relax to do ur insert.

Shook: Dunthink too much of ur album. U collected them?

Jazz: thanks.. Err i think i cna do better to clean them up.

sue

Hi Shook: Yah, did you feedback to them that they shld take more for you? I might be able to make it after office hours. Vin seems to disappear for a long time, she also mentioned that she wants to go along right.

Hi May: Initially, I was quite disappointed but at least I covered one location. Moreover, the photographer said that I shld be able to pick from the 200+ to make up my 20 pages album. I tell myself less photos so less headache & maybe save on extra photos. I dun want to spend another $300 just to take outdoor. When will yr photos be ready? Shld be soon right? I'm the last person here to go for PS.

maya

Hi ladies, I have not been coming in lately bec I've been shifting office and my new place got no internet access yet. Sneaked bk to old office to do this......

I'm worried abt this SARs thing and am wirting in to my hotel to see if can postponed. Aiyah! Damn sian btu I fig that better check now. My wedding is 21 May but really, dunnon when this thing will blow over and I thot better make prelim checks 1st - Army mentality lah...... But then, have to think abt infomring studio (dunno if they mind) and Daniel, my emcee.....aiyoh don't feel lie shifting it but.......I'm glad I never made honeymoon plans yet.

My furniture starting to come in thie mth, mad rush to get the hse cleaned up. Prob is painting still nto finished, the final touches to go......every weekend, and one weekday, go up and paint.....very tired on Mons........

Cheers!

pausini

Take it easy maya, at least u are not the earliest. where is ur new place??? take care ok.

Do share with us ur new home when it is complete. everything is always "xian ku ho dian". My hanyupin yi correct? i realise i am getting worse at it now.

sue: did u go to Nail Art for manicure? how is it??? anyone getting married on 03 May wanna go manicure together on 02 May?

A

amerline

hi ladies,

yupz, just got to make do with stuff and hope for the best! now waiting for the photos to be ready, we secretly snap pics during the fitting, they were too busy to stop us anyway
happy.gif

guess this thread is quiet over the weekends, we tend to talk more during office hours.

may

Pausini: not relax lah...i am typing it in the office - cannot be too obvious mah. even thou i am sitting in the room. Prefer to do it when boss is not ard.
My target is to get the text ready, buy the insert papers on fri and then print on Sat.

Sue: i think my album only ready end of this month. I am going down this week to see the layout of the photo montage. So i shld be able to show you gals some pixs then. I will buying some of the proofs to keep as souvenirs. SO will scan them in and show u all.

Maya: u too thinking of cancelling. Oh no, this is making me very worried leh. It never cross my mind to postpone. After all, this months of looking forward to it. You all r really scaring me.

jus

hi amerline,

lucky you that you only mtm your wedding gown!
at least not all the gowns

have you decided on whether to mtm your evening gown at ted's collection?

how was your trial make-up?
do you like their make-up artist?

sunshine

Jbride,

You mean we have 8 months lah... not 6. Gave me a scare. I thot I had it down in my calender 8 months and i went to double ccheck after reading your posting..

Yup, eight months more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

shook

Hihi Pausini
I think my hubby said show video using mpg file. How to add video into powerpoint?

Hihi May
How many photos do u have in your album?
I have a mtm gown in my package but I xchanged it for 3 additional album photos. Indeed I feel short changed by White Link.

Hihi Pausini, Sue
I collected my album already.

kare2711

Maya
Wah.. you cancelling or postponing? Actually I did try the idea with my SO but he said his parents wouldn't allow. And he himself is not for the idea. I don't mind pushing it to later this year.

My friend checked with her hotel (Marina Mandarin) about postponement. They said must forego 50% of the deposit.

Pausini
Not that I am in need of wedding preps, except the wedding montage only.

All
Are you all thinking of cancelling your honeymoon plans? My SO's company policy said that as long as he flies, he would have to take 10 days of his leave to rest at home. What kind of stupid logic is that, right, if he doesn't have any symptoms? Anyway, we intend to cheat, if we really do go. I do so want to go. I don't want to be wanting a honeymoon for so long, and in the end, nada! But I also know my FH is concerned. I don't know concerned about what. At first he said his company policy. Then he said his family would be worried about him. I mean, come on! We are as safe in the plane as we are in Singapore!!!! Very fed up over this SARS affecting our wedding/honeymoon plans. And now FH expressed concern that his mum is now reluctant to go to the hotel for food tasting, and her mum also worries about attendance rate. Wah..if like that, our life is coming to a stop! I don't know lar! I just think in order for life to be normal, we must go on as normal. What comes, will come.

May
I think the only country that will bar us so far is Australia. I asked about Europe in the rec.travel.europe newsgroup and so far, replies is that June is too far for them to know, and so far, no quarantines or barrings, or anything so extreme.

Jazz
I don't know if we can meet since most of them cannot make it on both dates. I also would love to meet. Why not I plan it for a day and then those who can turn up, just meet? I just think it's good we can share tips in person, and complain about the much dreaded SARS and the impact on our wedding/honeymoon in person!

W

whitely

hello every June's bride,

Just wanna check with you anyone of you intend to postpone banquet because of SARS breakout?

Heard that some postponed.

Hey Cin and soyabean,

Both of you's big day are on 22 June, too? Same as me leh
happy.gif

Mine will be at GWP, you??

Actually worry about SARS although big day is still far. Any precaution taken?

hi sammi,

kelvin (beetles @ work) is a nice guy. My sis also had her PS done by him. Now waiting for the album. So excited !!

Yah, Chris Ling's studio has been working together with Flamingo (Shirley) for a long time already.

Trust Kelvin's style to be like his shi fu. Wow, you got a great deal! I signed up with Chris Ling before they announced that Beetles @ Work was in operation, else i may have just signed up with Kelvin too! Meanwhile i'm actually looking forward to my PS in June !

A

amerline

hi jus,

yuppz, so glad that i only MTM my WG with them!

I have decided to stick to my CS only, cut costs! really broke now, so many things to pay. my FH still studying P/T, so must prioritise the expenses. his future is more impt than 1 hr of limelight during the dinner. i am sure my CS will be stunning enuff
proud.gif

my trial make is quite nice, can get along with her quite well. she also explain how to take care of my face and did an assessment of my features and make-up style that is more suitable.

guess i am a more chatty person, so can get along with majority of people
happy.gif

kare2711

Shook
Under Powerpoint, there's an Insert. From there, you can choose to insert movie clips ah. I'm thinking of doing that too.

priscilla

Hi Min,
Oic, that day I was searching for you too, I decided to MTM my WG n this Sat 12April going down for fitting n then choose my EG OTR and hubby suit.
I am not sure about the trial make up thing will check with Susan again, my designer is Dexx he is doing freelance for J&M n I quite like him cos he really understand what I want and understand my body since I am pregnant but make up he may not have time to do it for me so he is either asking Elbson or Charmine to do it for me.

Hi Shirlynn,
I think you can get those dolls from Hallmark the gift shop that specially sells all the forever friends bear, that is all I know.

Hi Meow,
Sad to hear about the cancel of the wrist coursage gathering, I think most of us want to make it but too lazy lor.
Since I am feeling better these few days, later going to Spotlight to do my shopping, sorry lei cannot do it with you all.

Hi Leo29,
Thanks for the warm wishing.
I will take care.

pucca

abrinas,
u asked ur bridal to copy the photos into a CD .. did they charge you for doing this?

u hv given me an idea leh ... perhaps i can ask my bridal to do it for me too .. like to keep a soft copy juz in case photo or negative spoil liao still got backup .. hehe..

stressed

Hi Jus,

We gatecrash-ed. No pay. We think we have alreadi paid so much $$, what is $25 to them. I still got the lovely doorgift. hee hee....

pausini

May: same here, pretend to work... anyway, work here is kinda of slow. even my mgr agree with it too. u can get the album so fast and so we get to see ur pix really soon. i realise my invitation card have a big "xi" infront and there is a cut out on the other pg. So i have alot of "xi" cut out from my cards. can save it for pasting everwhere in my hse now.

kare2711

Jazz
I'm actually surprised that CX does not allow you to cancel the tickets. I got my CX tickets through Chan Brothers for the 1 for 1 promotion. SO called Chan Brothers and was told that we can cancel, provided we pay $50 penalty for each ticket.

kare2711

Pausini
I just reread my message to you, and I sounded I was scoffing you or something. Like so yaya I only had to prepare the montage. It came out that way because I would rather not have the long hols. I know you were trying to make me feel good, and I was replying to that. Not personal attack, ok?

abrinas

hi pucca

no lah, my bridal did not do it for me. I scan the photos n then my FH will copy them into a CD so that my actual day photographer can use them to do montage.

pausini

Shook: Yah just like Kare said, just do an insert onto the slides. it shld work and u have a smooth presentation.
WL really "eat" u. a MTM is can only change for 3 pix. How much one pix cost only. I think lets not add more oil into the fire. just let it be. u already collected ur album. just make sure they give u ur dream gown.

Kare: Ur MIL dun want to go for food tasting? is it really necessary? if not then dun, at least u save $$ on that? Or food tasting is FOC for u??

pausini

Kare: dun worry ur msg doesnt appear the way u describe. No hard feeling. May be i'm not a teacher so i dun know how u work... may be this holiday really not as easy n relax as what we think for all the teachers. My sister is also a teacher but is a childcare teacher.

It ok.. dun worry. U seem stress by all the SARS issue. Do u invite all good friends or colleagues that are like not choice have to invite kind.. if so, all will understand. Wedding dinner in spore is not cheap...

My aunt called my mum last week. She told her my grandma is not feeling very well these few days. with the SARS cases in spore she suggested that my grandma not to come for my wedding dinner on 03 May. Fine with me, understand her concerned. I wld really feel bad if anything happens.

I even tease my mum if the relatives really scared of us may be we will have tele-conferencing. Where i dun have to appear. hahaha...

pucca

abrinas,
oh i c.. so u hv all the original photos back after they giv u back the album right?

if so then i guess we hv to scan them ourselves liao ..

may

Shook: i have 27 photos in the album. I get an extra 2 more coz we used our own car for the outdoor. I top up one more to make it an even number and more auspicious #. U only got 3 photos by giving up yr mtm package? What is yr photo size. I think mine is 15R or 12R. Not too sure. It is not those big big one. You already got yr alibum, so u like it? Why dont u scan a few
photos and show us?

Kare: really Marina Mandarin so strict? I tot most hotels will be compassionate w the current situation n devt. it is not something that we can control. I think u all shld also check if you got to reduce the tables, will be penalised or not. Hubby and i are quite prepare to tell the hotel that we will cut down 2-3 tables so that we not so stress if guests dont turn up.

Yr hubby company so on ah? I dont know abt the self quarantine thingy. It is a mixed thots. You have already booked your honeymoon, right? SO got to go right? As for the food tasting, u can ask the hotel to allow u to eat the food for future occassion. Just tell them coz of SARS, yr in laws not comfortable. I am not going for food tasting either. We refuse to pay the $$. Mine is not included foc in the package.

But actually why yr FMIL dont want to go for food tatsing? It is eating with e family so quite safe what. aiyo, if everyone stays at home and not venture out and all have this fear mentality, our attendance sure affected one.

Pausini: mine chinese card same w you. Xi outside, Xi inside. Everywhere xi xi. i so sian wih i am teacher can be home now and not working.
Boss never asks me to self quarantine myself even though i came back from thailand a week ago.

So what songs r u all using for the first dish presentation?

jus

Hi Amerline,

Good for you! glad that you trial make-up went well
Dun worry, I have seen your CS and I think it's stunning and unique
Moreover, it can be used as a 'EG' as well!!!
can be reused for other formal ocassion! hee hee
btw, did you manage to negotiate with everbliss to get the extra photos in exchange of the EG?

Hi stressed,

yeap... the door gift is really lovely esp the box that contains the sugar-coated almonds

pausini

May: i havent found any song for any of the march in, dishes yet. My emcee (colleague) suggested that I take Emil's song - "i'm married u tm" he said he can ask the guests to sing along. Quite a good idea, i told my FH abt it. He give me the weird face expression, meaning "Har".

thinking of playing Latin for the 1st dish.

I got a Cd on BEST AUDIOPHILE VOICES.
Some common song we heard before and they make it quite jazzy. Nice but too slow. so may be play them during the dinner.

kare2711

May
I agree that Marina Mandarin is quite strict. I just read from the Fullerton thread that Fullerton will allow postponement of wedding unless we postpone to next year.

I think if we choose to cancel everything, we will get away quite easily since we are only charged $50 for each ticket if we cancel. But I'm still thinking of all the alternatives. SO just agreed to talk to his parents about the postponement of the dinner. So I'll see how.

On a happier note, I'm thinking of using Canon D for my first music. SO loves it a lot.

Pausini
You playing jazz music too? Me too!

priviledged

Abrinas, thanks for the photos. You look really good! Plump never mind. The photos are very appealing.

Yes. Having a good break. Time for me to finish writing up my Masters dissertation.

But the indecision about which printer to choose, whether to postpone the wedding dinner due to SARS, and choosing an ID firm is driving me NUTS!
uhoh.gif
Wish my Fiance would come back sooner and help me decide. Got another 2 weeks to wait.

A

amerline

hi jus,

i managed to changed my EG for 2 15R photos and upsize (sounds like Mac) my 36 pcs of 3R photo into 4R pics. Can't bargain much as it is OTR and not much alteration was done.

yup! planning to use the CS to substitute my EG.

Hi ladies,

any actual day photographer to recommend? must be tried and tested good hehe no need to be branded, just good in his trade can already.

pucca

abrinas,
juz finished looking @ ur photos.. nice !!

Priviledged,
Why not just relax for these 2 wks since you've fret enuff abt those issue, wait for ur Fiance come back and let him crack his head.. heee ;p

Dun worry too much .. Chuan Dao Qiao Tou Zi Ran Zhi
happy.gif

jazz

Pausini, hahaha... no I dun think your house is messy. Think mine is more messy. Very cute of you to think of that song by Emil... haha, no wonder your FH give you 'that good'. Try video conferencing! Maybe, I might just have to do that for my wedding... hahaha...
happy.gif

Kare, no worries, let me know when the next date of the gathering will be. *sigh* Dunno why, CX and UOB keep saying, it's special promotion, cannot cancel. Gotta keep pushing to get UOB to help submit my appeal. Dunno what's going to happen.

May, the hotel did ask me if I want to postphone, but I explained the situation that I'm in, so she says she'll go talk with her management, and see how. Talked with my parents, guess the elders would prefer not to have the banquet but simple tea ceremony instead. So guess chances are that the banquet will be cancelled.

rhs

Hi all!
Wah, so many new posts ... loose track oredi. Hello to all new Oct brides *wave*

Amerline,
I signed up with Beetles@Work (Kelvin) for actual day. He's a nice guy and we quite like his style (similar to Chris Ling). Cannot afford Chris for actual day *kekeke* I happen to see an actual day album from ImageGarden. Quite nice also, journalistic style, a mix of BW & colour photos

pausini

Jazz: Yah FH give me that "good Look" he scare later friends and colleagues not sporting no one sing will be very embarassing. Well, i told him if no -one say then we will just march in with the music on. Aiyo, he very shy lah. this dun want that dun want... very sian sometime.

Jazz, u from HP. can ask HP to do a tele conferencing for u. Help to promote coy technology. May be other bride will follow too.

My FH used to work for some travel agency on their IT systems. He told me wherever he being, customers are called to cancel the booking. I think they are suffering great setback due to SARS.
Jazz, u made full payment for ur airtix?

Actually dun need to have dinner on the same day. some practise to have it another day. However, if u have given out ur cards then really quite difficult.

wow rhs !!! you practically got the entire chris ling team for your wedding photography !!
studion by chris and actual by kelvin!
good choice!

You're right ... it costs a BOMB for Chris to do the actual day coverage! I almost fell off my chair when i read his charges. I was thinking "Holy Guacamole! I can go for a honeymoon with that kind of money!" when i saw the price list!

Amerline, i booked Choon Huat for my actual day. He's a full-time photographer. Not sure if he'll be available on your date, coz he's very popular (esp in this forum!). You may want to contact him or check out his website. http://fspphotos.homestead.com/pg1.html

harlow harlow, did any of you read about the designer shoe outlet online shop that HW BRides recommended in their latest issue?

FYI i went to their website and found a pair of shoes i liked, so i actually bought it online.

Payment is by credit card, and the freight charges are quite reasonable. (The pair i bought was for my bridal gown. Shoe + freight charges cost me about S$70 altogether.)

They took some time to mail it to me tho ... i placed the order on 24 march, and rec'd it only on 4 april (takes about 2 weeks). I thot they were going to send it by FedEx, UPS or DHL, but it turned out to be normal air mail. That prob explains the slow delivery.

More importantly, the shoe was in alright condition. Since it was an ivory shoe, it tends to get dirty easily. The shoe came slightly dirtied (by dust) at the heel, but it came off quite easily with a damp soapy cloth.
(I didn't know that i was taking a damn big risk coz it was a satin shoe!)

Anyway, if you're searching for your shoe and can't find one in Singapore, this is quite a good alternative.

Here's the website:
http://www.designershoeoutlet.com/storefront.htm

I personally prefer to see the end product, then to tailor-make (no offence), tho i admit that there is a risk involved that what you see on the picture may not look as nice on your feet.

The good thing about this website is that every single shoe is accomopanied by a picture. So you get to see the actual pattern and colour. Not bad i must say!

meekoo

hi jazz

me and my fh had did some survey with our frds and colleagues asking who will feel uncomfortable turn up due to SARS. so far none of them, some not going is due to the night course.

so to lazy to postpone it, we decided to go ahead. hope by then the SARS will be much in control.

M

may bride

Hi Meekon

u definitelu brighten my day, i am quite worried abt that too.

My wedding is one week after yours.