Wah.. you cancelling or postponing? Actually I did try the idea with my SO but he said his parents wouldn't allow. And he himself is not for the idea. I don't mind pushing it to later this year.
My friend checked with her hotel (Marina Mandarin) about postponement. They said must forego 50% of the deposit.
Not that I am in need of wedding preps, except the wedding montage only.
Are you all thinking of cancelling your honeymoon plans? My SO's company policy said that as long as he flies, he would have to take 10 days of his leave to rest at home. What kind of stupid logic is that, right, if he doesn't have any symptoms? Anyway, we intend to cheat, if we really do go. I do so want to go. I don't want to be wanting a honeymoon for so long, and in the end, nada! But I also know my FH is concerned. I don't know concerned about what. At first he said his company policy. Then he said his family would be worried about him. I mean, come on! We are as safe in the plane as we are in Singapore!!!! Very fed up over this SARS affecting our wedding/honeymoon plans. And now FH expressed concern that his mum is now reluctant to go to the hotel for food tasting, and her mum also worries about attendance rate. Wah..if like that, our life is coming to a stop! I don't know lar! I just think in order for life to be normal, we must go on as normal. What comes, will come.
I think the only country that will bar us so far is Australia. I asked about Europe in the rec.travel.europe newsgroup and so far, replies is that June is too far for them to know, and so far, no quarantines or barrings, or anything so extreme.
I don't know if we can meet since most of them cannot make it on both dates. I also would love to meet. Why not I plan it for a day and then those who can turn up, just meet? I just think it's good we can share tips in person, and complain about the much dreaded SARS and the impact on our wedding/honeymoon in person!