I went to see one of the show room today at level 7 of 488. The contractor seem to have clinch 5-6 units for reno. If the owner is reading this posting, maybe can email me what is your quotation? Thanks in advance.
[email protected]
That unit did all the built-in wardrobe for bedrooms, top and bottom kitchen cabinet with fridge and washing machine base. A slide door for section between kitchen and living. A bomb shelter conceal with altar. Lightings were simple and nice, just installed on default HDB wire point. No false ceiling done.
I have to comment that I like their concept of having the kitchen basin at the kitchen windows. More or less is what I have in mind too so now at least I know that the space given is feasible for my initial ideas. That is to say the entry point to the kitchen now is more spacious as the fridge is next or in line with the long cabinet follow by a L to the basin.
I see the remaining 3 blocks are touching up the windows already. Although other blocks or rather my block is slightly slower in progress, but I am glad also that at least I get to see some show flat to get a feel first. Those 488 owners shall be the commandos to move in first. I see a few units ready moving in condition. So thank them for sharing with us.
The guest room size is pretty ok, really squarish. The study room size is really smaller not recommend for a double bed. Children room just nice. Masterbed room is also ok. If I recall correctly, the show flat wardrobe followed the HDB mock model. A 3 door wardrobe and probably a Q-bed beside it follow by a small side table. Would say that Master room look spacious if you plan it well.
One think I noted is that all the units have doorbell and viewing hole at door ready??? Is that a default for everyone or???
All the rooms have TV points!!! Hurray!!! But will MDA charge us 3TV license???
The bay window is slight disappointment but still ok considering the view still ok. I guess everyone will have a headache on how to place their TV, HT, Sofa, dinning tables and display shelf if any. My old TV is not LCD type and quite a waste if I dump it away. Although having big LCD in living room would really look cool.
I was looking at the chinese lunar calendar. If 487 really get the flat keys at end of July, we would only have less than 19days to move into the unit. Why? Because.....Aug19 later.. will be....chinese hungry ghost festival!!! Many will think its inauspicious to move in... so if you wait... that will be till mid September then can move in. So sad!!!!
Hope more owners can share their reno photos and quotation here.
Thanks!