Novotel Clarke Quay

lush_queen

I also went to see Jacky over the weekend. I wouldn't say that he is friendly. I have seen more friendly ones. However, I find that he knows Novotel's selling point and is able to make decisions on the spot, e.g. additional needs and ideas. I also haven't confirm with them yet.
The bridal suite is very small and that is one of the reason that is holding me back. Another reason is that although they have reno the lobby and ballroom foyer which is nicely done up, the external and 1st floor still look very old.

sunrays

hi all

i havnt seen their ballroom but frm the package menu...the food looks quite disappointing...moreover it's a 8-course dinner, not 9-course! Does anyone here knws whether we can upgrade the menu by topping up?

For those who have seen their ballroom....is it impressive? I understand that they had a renovation.

imagine

hi all, well i have to agree with lushqueen about jacky's "friendlyness". We had an appointment with him last month, and he made us waited for more than 1/2 hour... When we asked for more perks like an extra nite stay (which some hotels also offered) he seems quite firm, saying that they don't offer that not even anniversary dinner...

I have to say that their ballroom is quite impressive cos its pillarless. The suite is pathetically small... just my 20cents point of view.

lush_queen

Hi ken/janet,

Gosh....waited for 1/2 hour! That is so unprofessional. He did not give us extra nite stay as well. Does anyone know if Jacky is a new staff to the hotel? He seems arrogant. Or is it because he is a guy? Cos most hotel coordinators i have contacted are female.

hi sunrays,
the menu does look pathetic. in fact, the cheaper menu does not differ much from the more expensive one. i am also thinking of topping up but from the cheaper menu.

sunrays

hey lushqueen, which month are u looking at to hold ur wedding? I havn't seen novotel clarke quay's ballroom yet, just saw their package via email only. Price is really reasonable but just the food lor, really look quite pathetic!! hahaha!

joannapht

hi, everyone,

Thanks for your comments! We are still considering NCQ... quite hapi with their package and price, think its resonable... but we might haf some difficulties hitting their min no of tables : (

i heard Jacky was previosuly with FRF hehe...

blizz

Hi Sunrays and Ken/Janet...
Me too considering Novotel as their ballroon and foyer are nice. Except the first floor.

However, can u share yr view why the food is pathetic?

imagine

well, i didn't say the food is pathetic... i say the suite is pathetically small, as compared to most of the hotels suite that i visit.

ribenna

well i am not trying to be a wet blanket but i just happen to read abt this article from style wedding abt this poor guy TONI whom wedding is at Novotel , one hell of experiences for him poor thing

u gals can read abt i have abstracted it from style wedding forum:-
-------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

I m Toni here, and i had just had my wedding dinner on 19-10-2005 at the NOVOTEL CLARKE QUAY, and alot of things screw up.

First of all the ambiance & price is good, i got no doubt about it. and at first when we signed the contract with Jennifer the 1st wedding sales manager everything is just perfect. until a few month later when she left the hotel, this guy by the name of Ooi took over her position, but 1 month later he left too, then came this lady by the name of Elena, who is quite ok though we did not get to meet each other... but she left too just 1 month before our wedding... THEN this guy by the name of JACKY LIU catering sale manager came into the whole story... and our bad experiences are as follows:-

1 -all the promises from Jennifer was not pass down to the next person and the next person and the next person(Jacky), each time i left a message to ask him to call me back he never do so, and when i call him, most of the time he is busy can't talk to me or we can only have a short and rushing conversation.

2 -as i had book another 3 deluxe room for my family to stay over after the dinner. and i had also mail to him to request the 3 rooms to be at the same level, 2 room with queen size bed and the balance 1 with 2 single size bed. but during the check in of the room, we have all rooms in queen size bed and they are spread out to 2 other different level, when i call him to ask why? he reply is too fully book can't help it....

3 -the next things is during the first meet up (and also the last) with him, which is 1 week before our wedding date, we had confirm with him that we wan to use my wife dialect name for the stage display instead of her christian name, but on the very day of our wedding, we noticed that the stage display is my wife christian name instead of her dialect name. the worst part is the banquet manager had a confirmation letter from the sale side showing my wife dialect name to be display on the stage. (note: the display is very small)

4 -after the first meet up with Jacky, we were told to e-mail to him to confirm timing for the light snack to be serve. we do so and confirm the snack to be serve at 530pm, but on the wedding day we waited till 6pm and it was still not serve so we call them to check, than they serve us the snack only at 630pm which is 1 hour late. because that night we will be very busy and will not have time to enjoy the food so the snack is very important to prevent us from hungry till the end of the dinner.

5 - the so call bridal suite have a damage toilet door lock, a cannot use shower curtain and a not stable ironing board.

6 - the drinks for the cocktail was served 15min late, and most of my guest complain the food served is not hot almost cold, and too slow. image while one side of the table is enjoy the 4th dish, the other side had just serve with the 3th dish. and 1 of my relative table complain that the banquet staff forgot to serve them the fish(4th dish).

7 - the next morning when my family when down to the restaurant to have their complimentary breakfast. they were stop by the restaurant manager, saying that we book the room at a specials rate so no complimentary breakfast. i m so angry that i had to go back to my room to bring the contract down to show them in black and white in order for us to have our breakfast.

i believe all this happen because of internal communication from each department breaks down and this JACKY LIU is one of the main cause for all the poor co-ordination. Sorry i m not being loso(talkative) just too much things happen i feel that anyone out there would wan to know them too..and this is the one and only Big Day in your life....

Anyone wan to know more details can E-mail me at [email protected].
thanks

Regret,
Toni

porky78

Just to check if anyone know if Jacky Liu is still with Novotel? There seems to be another lady - Linda Bakar. Did she take over Jacky Liu?

jona

Hi all, im new here. Porky78 i think Linda Bakar is helping jacky lui. becoz currently jacky is the only one who handling wedding banquet if im not wrong. Actually on the 19.10.05 I saw Tony with his wife preparing to have their 2nd march in. That night i already sign the contract with Jacky Lui.

is there any ex novotel brides have any bad incident just like tony? A bit worried : <

judy_lsk

Hi Xiong_a,

I nearly sign up with jacky but later i found out that he is really irresponsible and drop the idea then. I even sent him a confronting email and he didn't dare to return mail. In the end, i signed up with Pauline at HIPV. I had oso read your post under Banquet thread regarding your bad incident there with Annie?? Is she from HIA (Holiday Inn Aturim @ Outram) or HIPV (Holiday Inn Park View @ Somerset)? What happen exactly? Mind to share?

porky78

I have signed up with Novotel Clarke Quay as well and I'm a bit worried now seeing all these comments. Were there any complaints made to the management of Novotel? Are we able to talk to anyone beside Jacky Lui?

jona

Hi Porky78. I have email to Toni and was told that he had made a complaint to Mr Ben who is the F&amp;B Director after his big day. Hope that Mr Ben will done do smething with it.. Bw when is yr AD? Who did you sign yr contract with?

lsbb13

Hi Porky78....

I also signed up with Joseph...he gave us a very nice feeling...too bad....now they change to Jacky liu.......Sian......

Hi June,
I think the turnover is fast...cos..their employment is contract basis....(i heard )...

Maybe we should all call to change our incharge..the....Jacky liu will realise...

jona

Hi Tale, I agree with you but how to tell them to change in charge? Do you think we shd call Mr Ben

lsbb13

Hi June,

I think, it's wise to called up their boss &amp; get the incharge changed. Since, we already are aware of that 'incharges' standard...I mean ..Toni is nice to had told us....his bad experience, it's better to change so that your BIG day would not be ruined....( FYI, i already changed, cos i don't wish anything to happen....)

Maybe you should also change, then his boss will know what to do about that 'guy'....

jazzyuppie

Hi Tale, June, Porky78

I had also signed up with novotel few mths ago. Quite worrying after reading Toni's experience. My AD is next May... still pondering whether to change the in-charge or not... when is ur AD?

Tale, can I have the email addy of Mr Ben? Thks!

lsbb13

Hi BK,

I think..it's wise to change...
i also worried, that's why..i decided to change..
You just call the main line and look for him..
i spoke to him about the change thru phone....

ahjo77

HI Tale

I am also interested in Novotel clarke quay but due to the comments also hesitating to sign up ..
btw care to share your expereice with mr Ben and who is ur banquet cooridnator now

thanks
ahjo77
[email protected]

lsbb13

Hi Ahjo77..

Actually, i just called him up...
and i told him about bad experience with 'J'..
and i requested for the change..as i don't wished my BIG to be ruined..and he agreed..and now..my incharge is Linda. She seems a nice lady, and she even called us up to intro herself....

Furthermore, being a lady would know how impt is a BIG Day to us.....

Who did u contact to?

ahjo77

I tok to both Linda and jacky ...but i enjoy toking to Linda as she knows what we ladies would like to have and more friendly ..however it seems to me that linda is a bit junior than jacky so in the end linda may have to consult jacky in some issues

lsbb13

Hi Ahjo77,

I learn from Ben that Linda is the banquet sales manager.... So i don't know if she is junior or not? But, i just know tat Linda is very friendly...

So, did you call Ben to change your incharge?

jona

Hi everybody, I think I will discuss with my hubby regarding this. I also scared that this J... will ruin my big day. Is Linda new to Novotel? B/w my AD is next Nov.

Hi Tale the main line that u call to is it the one in the website or can you give me the no? If inconvinent to post here can you give thru my email:[email protected]. Thanks in advance.

jona

Hi AhJo77, Besides the standard package I also get a deluxe room, pre-dinner,more complimentary parking, invitation cards. I think that all I ask for. Actually I ask for 1 more night stay in the bridal suite but J.. refuse to give me. I like their ballroom best but their bridal suite is too small. but I think is alrite to me

jazzyuppie

Hi AhJo77

Mine is more or less the same as June's. They also refuse to give me extra nite stay. Other then that we have free flow of beer and wavier of cockage charge for wine and liquor.

ahjo77

HI Ladies

Thanks for sharing the info ...so far the package which J and Linda mention to me its also similar to u guys ...

My AD is in Oct 06 ..how abt u gals?

jona

Hi, have you all gals taste their food before? Or anybody out there have taste food frm dragon pheonix?

Hi BK,Tale,Ahjo77. Who is your BS?

Hi BK Have you choose yr wedding card? (u have the earliest AD among us) Did u go the supplier's place to choose or you choose the sample that they show at that time?

jazzyuppie

Hi June

I haven't go for the food tasting yet. thinking of going next mth.

I sign up with Julia Wedding News for BS... will be going for my PS tomorrow. Hopefully, everything will go on smoothly.

As for the wedding card, I haven't choose yet. From I know from Joseph, I'm suppose to choose and collect from their printer. But we are not obligated to let them print for us. He didn't show me any sample at that time.

lsbb13

Hi June.....

I had my food tasting end of OCT...the food was nice....but needs improvement....(eg. shark fin a bit watery) BUT...the YAM RING is very nice....
Not to worry about the food...but must ensure them that the food should be serve hot enough during ur AD...( as there are complaints on the food serve being cold)

My BS is precious moment in Sin Ming area...

For wedding card, NCQ printer is dragoncard..you have to go down and choose from their selections..(quite many cards to choose from..but limited really nice ones....).....As for the inlets...you can opt out to print from them...but for convenience...i printed thru them....

lsbb13

Hi BK,

Please refer below information:
Should be correct.....
Printing of card is free...(Cos it's from NCQ perks)

Insert:
200pc $100
next 50pc $10 ($0.2 ea)
Cartoon (in between both names) - $10 additional
String 1 roll - $5 (160pcs)
Sticker $5 - 150pcs(FOC sticker - half qty only)

HotStamp:
100pc - $120
next - $0.4 ea
hot stamping $160 for 200pc incl mould

Hoped it helps....

jona

Hi Tale, fr what u have said u choose the deluxe menu B, am i rite? When r we suppose to choose the menu becos when I sign up the contract wiv J... he din ask which menu we wan to choose. Bw can i swop the dishes bw menu A &amp; menu B. Wow yr invitation card include printing?? Mine, doesn't include. : <

Hi BK, How is yr PS? For outdoor where did you go?

bdistel

Hi everybody, this may be a bit unconventional but I feel it is important that I clarify a few issues for you. I am the Mr. Ben that is referred to in this forum, I recently took over as F&amp;B Director at Novotel. As you all know, there has been a lot of change in our catering department and I share your concern about having a new catering person every few months.
My team and I have worked very hard at building a stable group of managers, that are personally committed not only to the hotel, but more importantly, committed to the people we serve. it is with great pleasure that I announce that late November the last piece of the puzzle will join us: This person will be in charge of all weddings and social events and she will contact each of you to introduce herself and get a good understanding of your needs and wants. Please expect a call from her late november / early december.
Lastly, I'd like to personally apologize to all who have been inconvenienced in some way by myself or my team. I can assure you that we take our wedding business very seriously and that we strive to provide the best service possible for our brides and grooms.
We have great plans for 2006 and I look forward to informing you of our upgraded product and services in due time.
For now, I wish everyone a great time organizing your wedding day. If you have any questions for me, you can contact me by email at [email protected] or by posting a message on this forum. I will check it regularly.

Good luck to all, and I look forward to welcoming you at Novotel Clarke Quay.

ahjo77

Hi Ladies

my BS is frech bridal and sign up quite long liao ..cos was bein "physo" during one of the bridal fair..keke

Well do hope that the new person who is coming on board will ease our confidence level wih novtel..

lush_queen

wow, this thread suddenly so active ah.
Hi June, when i signed up with jacky, he also didn't ask me which menu i want. he says it will only be decided closer to the date and b4 food tasting. Mine also don't have invitation card printing.
Hi Ben, it is reassuring to see you in the forum and clarify the questions that we have. I am just wondering if this last person who is about to join your team, is she going to be the sole person in charge of all wedding banquets?

jona

Hi Ahjo77, my BS is also French Bridal. Hi 5. heehee, I sign up in Feb 2005 also physco in the fair.My AD is on 1st Nov 2005. When r you going to select yr gown? Have you choose yr MUA? On another thread on FB they said Jinyan is good &amp; for photographer is Ah Wai.

Hi Mr Ben, I also have the same enquire as lushqueen.

jona

Hi Ahjo77, When did you sign the contract with J...? Saw yr previously postings u r still thinking of whether to take NCQ...

ahjo77

Hi June

I have not go to French Bridal even once after i sign up the package..keke thinking maybe go down in dec to take a look at the gowns n also ask abt the PS...

I had been toking to Linda and most likely will be signing up by end of this month as wanna scout around and decide ..mine AD is end Oct so its 1-2 weeks before u..think we can share a lot of ideas on French and Novotel ah ...=)

ahjo77

toni

Hi Everyone/June

I m toni here... really happy for all of you to have a new in charge from NCQ... i think she is should be better... cause she is a lady... and a lady knows what ladies would like to have and expect on thier BIG DAY....
Cheers...

jona

Welcome Toni...

Hi Ahjoo77. Ya I think we can share a lot of ideas. So far where have you been searching for yr venue? That time I went to Amara, GPPR,FRF,Holiday inn Park View@somerset,carton.
I have went to FB already last month. She asked to call in dec to select/MTM my gown. My PS will be ard May'06. How much is yr package?

ahjo77

Hi June

I went to LM, HIPV,FRF,HA ..but so far i quite like NCQ cos the deal is quite comprehensive and location quite accessible as well...

Wah u been to FB liao ah ...mi still idleing n hoping to lost weight leh ..keke so most likely guess my PS shld be around April next year too ..mi plan to go FB in Dec ....mine package is $2988 and its a verli basic package leh ..think kenna con liao cos onli around 18 piece of 15R ..unless i dun need bridal car then have another 4 additional pieces...how abt ur package june??