Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

cmg_consulting

Hi dreamz,

For hair combing session, it is usually done on the night before the AD. Not many people practice this nowadays, so it is up to you or your parents if they want to do this.

For the boy jumping session, this is still widely practiced so if you want, you can do it.

For the bedside lamp, nowadays in modern times, it is usually done on the same day as your AD. After fetching the bride to the groom's home for tea ceremony, you will normally go back to your new home where you will ask the little boy to jump on the bed and light the bedside lamp. This will be lighted overnight till next day.

Some people practice these on the An Chuang day,, which is more traditional. It doesn't really matter which day you choose to do this coz this is just a customary practice and has no impact or whatsoever on your marriage or fertility.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi yuki_21

As much as i want to help you in the area of general good dates, the Tong Shu is not out yet, so i will not know or be able to select general Tong Shu auspicious date for wedding for 2010 yet. Right now, the only way and also the right and accurate way of doing it will be using Bazi to select dates. FYI, a date reflected auspicious in the Tong Shu may still be bad for both of you if the date chosen is not compatible wtih both your Bazi.

As for Bazi wedding dates selection, it is part of my consultation service to my clients, hence i can't provide it here free in the forum or it will be unfair to my clients who paid for my service. Hope you understand.

If you have any particular date in mind, just post it here. I can advise you if it is a bad day as there are some days that are definitely bad and cannot be used for marriage; and some days that will clash to either of you or your parents, so cannot be used as well.

cmg_consulting

Hi Scrumpy,

Ooops sorry. think i must have missed out yours.

Normally we don't take into account siblings or grandparents. We only ensure it don't clash to the couple and parents only. If you want to take into account silbings and grandparents, then i think don't need to get married already coz too many combinations to take care of
happy.gif
So yes, you can still choose those days.

The Tong Shu is normally out 7th lunar month,so it could be sometime next month.

I've sent you an email
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Hui Hui,

Yes the timing is VERY important. All auspicious dates must comes with a timing, regardless for what purpose. It can be ROM, AD, Start of reno, Move in date, Start business etc etc. A good date with a very bad timing may negate the auspiciousness of the day.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

daydream99

Hi Master Tong,

Thanks once again for your kind directions.

Please could you give me a good time for 31 Jan 2010 for:

Fetching bride (am)
Going back to matrimony home (am-pm)
ROM (preferably pm before dinner)

Thanks

tan_ann

Hi Master Tong,

Thanks for the enlightenment.

The wedding dates are 2010:
11/12
18/12
The wedding dates are 2011:
22/01
5/3
Can i have the timing as well?

Thanks.

miss_sunshine

Hi Master Tong,

Both myself & Husband belong to the zodiac of Dog. We've chosen to be get married on the 5th December 2009. I have a few queries which requires your expertise.

1) What zodiac shall we avoid on that day? (meaning to say, my or huband's younger brothers cannot open door to bridal car on that day if he falls into the zodiac?)

2) What time must I leave my house/reach husband's parents' place?

My & Hubby's birthdates (in lunar/chinese terms):
Bride: Dog year 12thMonth 18th
Groom: Dog year 5thMonth 2nd

Many many thanks in advance.
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi dreamz,

Auspicious time to fetch the bride will be 0700hrs - 0859hrs.

There is no need a timing to go back to your matrimony home.

ROM timing will be 1700hrs - 1859hrs

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Ann,

Here are the analysis for your dates:

The wedding dates are 2010:
11/12 - Not a good day for wedding.
18/12 - Clash to Monkey. Cannot use

The wedding dates are 2011:
22/01 - Does not clash to anyone. Fetch the bride timing: 0900hrs - 1059hrs
5/3 - Does not clasht to anyone. Fetch the bride timing: 0900hrs - 1059hrs

Hence only the 2011 dates "may" be used. But this is not consider auspicious yet coz the Bazi is not taken into consideration.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi josky,

You can still attend your friend's wedding. It doesn't work this way. The clashes will only concern your friend during fetch the bride etc. It does not concern you
happy.gif

yukifire

Hi Master Tong

I am looking around for a feng shui master to audit my new flat before we start renovation. Can pm me your charges?

Thanks=)

cmg_consulting

Hi Steff,

To answer your qns:

1) What zodiac shall we avoid on that day? (meaning to say, my or huband's younger brothers cannot open door to bridal car on that day if he falls into the zodiac?)

(Answer) - That day clashes to Tiger. Yes that is correct. All Tigers will have to hide during gatecrashing at bride's side when the groom arrives and only after the groom steps in, then they can come out. The little boy that open the car door cannot be Tiger. All Xiong Di and Jie Mei ideally cannot be Tiger.

2) What time must I leave my house/reach husband's parents' place?

(Answer) Fetch the bride timing will be 0900hrs - 1059hrs. The groom will step into your house at 9am, fetch you to his home and complete tea ceremony to his parents by 1059hrs. After which, going back to your new home or your parents' home for tea ceremony does not require a timing.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi yukifire,

Somehow i can't seem to PM you as it gives me a message that you can't accept private messages.

Can you drop me an email at [email protected] ? Or if you prefer, you can post your email online and I will email you
happy.gif

joskyhuang

Hi Master Tong,

so meaning if my zodiac clash w tat day, I can still attend e event but ideally i should not be "helper" to my friend right?

thks again! =)

qy85

Hi Master Tong,

Would like to check with you if I can chose the following dates for my ROM:

20th Sep 2009
12th Dec 2009
1st Jan 2010
8th May 2010
15th Sep 2010
10th Oct 2010
20th Oct 2010
1st Jan 2011
15th Sep 2011

Bride: 1985 Rat (11th lunar month)
Bride's Dad: 1949 Cow
Bride's Mum: 1953 Snake

Groom: 1982 Dog
Groom's Dad: 1954 Horse
Groom's Mum: 1958 Dog

Thanks you.

yumedream

Hi Master Tong,

My ROM date is on 7 August 2009.

My uncle (my mum's eldest brother) just passed away 2 days ago. My mum insist that I have to go to the funeral and to go through the funeral rituals. I have attended the funeral but not the rituals yet.

I read the forum the best not to attend wedding or funeral 3 month before and after wedding. What can I do now if I already attended a funeral which I must go?

Is there any way to avoid any bad luck then?

Thanks.

cancerox3787

Hi Master Tong,

Thank you so much for the response to my messages to you. My Fiance and I are planning our wedding next year but no defenite month and date yet.

As per instruction here is our's date of birth and my fiance parents too.

Bride : July 08, 1973
Father of the Bride : February 06, 1944
Mother of the Bride : August 25, 1952

Groom : September 30, 1963
Father of the Groom : February 13, 1943
Mother of the Groom : December 21, 1944

Would be very happy to hear from you soon. Thank you again.

Sincerely

ahpig

Master Tong,

We would appreciate if you could advise us the timing for these dates for ROM.

DATE
03/10
16/10
29/11
06/12
11/12
13/12
25/12

Would be very happy to hear from you soon. Thank you again.

ahpig

Hi MAster Tong,

Master Tong,

We would appreciate if you could advise us the timing for these dates for ROM.

DATE
03/10

cmg_consulting

Hi Lynn,

Here are the analysis for your dates:

20th Sep 2009 - Clash to Dog. Cannot use.
12th Dec 2009 - Not a general Tong Shu auspicious day
1st Jan 2010 - Clash to Snake. Cannot use
8th May 2010 - Clash to Rat. Cannot use
15th Sep 2010 - Clash to Dog. Cannot use
10th Oct 2010 - Not a good day for wedding
20th Oct 2010 - Deosn't clash to anyone
1st Jan 2011 - Clash to Dog. Cannot use
15th Sep 2011 - Very bad day for wedding.

Hence only 20/10/2010 doesn't clash to anyone. This date can be used if it is compatible with the Bazi.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Cheryl,

This is a very tricky situation coz he is your uncle and if you dont go, it is not very nice as well.

This is not part of Chinese Metaphysics or Feng Shui etc, and this is purely a form of Chinese beliefs or superstition. Being superstition, if we can do it, it is best to do so since we can't measure right or not. However, if you can't and have to go, don't get too paranoid over it. You cannot do anything to avoid the "bad luck". And I put bad luck in " " coz as I mentioned, this is a superstition so whether if there is really any bad luck associated with it, no one knows.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Maria,

The Tong Shu (Chinese Almanac) is not out yet. It will be out sometime next month, so i can only help you with suggestion for general auspicious dates for 2010 next month when it is out.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Wong,

Here they are (2009):

03/10: 1100hrs - 1259hrs
16/10: 1700hrs - 1859hrs
29/11: 0900hrs - 1059hrs
06/12: 1100hrs - 1259hrs
11/12: 1100hrs - 1259hrs
13/12: 0900hrs - 1059hrs
25/12: 1700hrs - 1859hrs

Hope this helps
happy.gif

qy85

Hi Master Tong,

Thank you for your advise. Other than 20/10/2010 is available, can you also advise me if the following dates are ok for ROM?

8th May 2011
11th Nov 2011
20th Nov 2011
1st Jan 2012
8th May 2012
15th Sep 2012
12th Dec 2012
20th Dec 2012

Thanks alot.

sherlin

Hi Master Tong,
My zodiac sign: Rooster
My future hubby: Snake

We have not chosen a date yet but most probably AD and ROM towards end of 2010. Which zodiac sign should we avoid?

Thanks.

jigglez

Hi David,

I am asking on behalf of my brother. His AD date is 27/11/09.

Groom's parents Zodiac Sign: Dragon & Rooster
Birdes's parents Zodiac Sign: Rabbit & Ox
Groom: Monkey
Bride: Dog

Please kindly advise the auspicious timing for 27/11/09 and a suitable date and time for Guo Da Li sometime in October 09.

Thanks!

corovelle

Hi Master Tong,

Would like to check with you for my AD date 20-Nov-2010 is this date ok? Mant thanks in advance!

Groom: Dog
Groom's Mum:Snake
Groom's dad: passed away

Bride: Dog? or pig Not too sure as my birthday is in Jan before Chinese new year (1983)
Dad: Mouse
Mum: Goat
Brother issit necessay??

Thanks!!

lovers0206

Hi Master Tong,

I'm born in the year of Monkey (1980) & my hubby is in the year of Horse (1978). So can I generally say tat though Tiger year is a bad year, according to our Bazi, there'll still have some good dates for us? In tat case, can you pls advise if 12 Feb 2010 and 01 Jun 2010 good for us?

My hubby's mum (Rabbit) & dad (Rat)
My mum: Tiger

summerain

Hi Master Tong,

We have selected the following dates as our ROM and AD. We also refer to the Tong Shu for the auspicious timings and would greatly appreciate if you can advise whether we have selected the correct timings:

ROM: 3 Oct 09 (1200)
AD: 4 Dec 09
(groom to step into bride's hse: between 0700-0900) - tongshu states this timing as 'zhong'
(bride to reach groom's hse and finish tea ceremony: between 1100-1300) - tongshu states this timing as 'ji'

We have such arrangements as tongshu has stated that 0900-1100 is inauspicious.
Is our understanding correct? Are we able to use such timings..?
Thanks for your advice...

Bride: Dog
Groom: Monkey

Bride's Father: Dragon
Bride's Mother: Goat
Groom's Father: Tiger
Groom's Mother: Snake

celinetan82

Hi Master Tong

Can I check which of the following dates are ok for wedding? Thank you!

June 5,12,19,26

groom - horse
bride - dog
groom dad - ox
groom mom - rat
bride dad - snake
bride mom - dragon

corovelle

Hi Master Tong,

Was wondering if there would be any problems should the groom's dad who had passed away is born in the year of the tiger as 2010 which is the year I am getting married is the yr of tiger.
Thanks alot!

cmg_consulting

Hi Lynn,

Here are the analysis of the dates:

8th May 2011 - Very bad day for wedding.
11th Nov 2011 - Clash to Rat. Cannot use
20th Nov 2011 - Doesn't clash to anyone
1st Jan 2012 - Vety bad day for wedding
8th May 2012
15th Sep 2012
12th Dec 2012
20th Dec 2012

For the rest of 2012 dates, I will not be able to check for you now as it is way too early to do so since most hotels are not even open for booking for 2011 dates yet. For 2012 dates, pls check with me first quarter next yr as i will need to plot out the auspiciousness of the dates for the whole of 2012 and we usually does that only at the end of the yr.

Hope this helps.

cmg_consulting

Hi Wong,

So long as you are not born in Monkey or Rooster yr, all you need is an auspicious date for marriage. However, to determine which yr is better, the Bazi has to be taken into account. Birthday alone is insufficient.

Hope this helps.

cmg_consulting

Hi Jean,

The best timing for fetch the bride on this day will be 0900hrs - 1059hrs.

For GDL, you can use 16/10. Time will be 1100hrs - 1259hrs

Hope this helps
happy.gif