JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

piggeekgirl

Hehez. Shouldn't be a problem for Dr Phua.
happy.gif

Have fun on your solemnization!

isenggirl

Though I didn't manage to engage Dr Phua, i have a question to ask and email him and u know what happen! he called me the next day!! asking why i asked the question and whether willing to share the story with him before he answers...........

he is such a nice guy!
happy.gif
and he told me, on my date he cant make it not bcoz of other couple, but he has other event to attend.. can onli make it 2.30pm earliest, which is too late for me.. huhuhu..

mivti

i have managed to invite Dr Phua as my solemniser for my rom in sep too. he is very prompt in his replies via email and he did snail mail me the signed consent form. he sounded nice =)

jn_teng

i've also managed to engage Dr Phua as our solemniser on my wedding on 12 Sep ^_^

Would like to check how long does the whole solemnisation process take? Because we will be having our solemnisation, tea ceremony and wedding lunch all at 1 place.

piggeekgirl

Hey Jenny, the whole ceremony lasted 'bout 20-30 minutes? Don't really remember how long is it since time seemed to stop when you're sitting there and being nervous. Haha!

Glad that you all got Dr Phua for your solemnization! Congratulations! Dr Phua will really put your mind at ease and ensure the whole process is of laughter and in all seriousness, a swift process.
happy.gif

renerene

Hi all, we had our solemnization in end-May and are gratful to have Dr. Phua as our solemnizer. We came to know about Dr. Phua through our wedding planner who highly recommended him for all their clients.

As mentioned by many, Dr. Phua is a very friendly and humourous person. I was nervous about giving him a reminder call before our wedding cos I couldn't find a way which I feel comfortable to put it across. When I finally picked up my courage, he could not be contacted so I left him a message in his office voice mail. Later that day, he returned my call. After I introduced myself, he didn't not wait for me to come to the part I dreaded most, instead he asked, "So, are you prepared for your wedding on XX day at XX time?" Then he procceeded to light chat a bit which made me laugh and I grew to like him even though we haven't met.
happy.gif

Our solemnisation was held during the banquet in the present of all guests and was conducted in both English and Mandarin. I agree with others that Dr. Phua is stronger in Mandarin (but he is effectively bilingual, so no worries). Unlike most solemnisers who follow a formal script, Dr. Phua peppered the whole ceremony with humour and made everybody chuckle. His session is a bit long tho'... it took us about 35 mins. Think ours started a bit late yet Dr. Phua went on unhurriedly after completing all the formalities, giving us advice on how to maintain a good marriage (tho' some guests started to get a little restless as they couldn't wait for the banquet to start :p ).

For us, we did our own vows and Dr. Phua heard it the first time during our ceremony yet he was able to quote parts of the our vows in his speech... he was indeed very attentive. After the ceremony, while still on the stage, hb started to panic as he couldn't find the angbao, Dr Phua said softly to assure him, "No worries, no worries... we'll do this later... It's okay..." (Hb managed to find it in the end ;) ).

A little friendly advice for BTBs to take note...
- Dr. Phua drives, so please prepare a complimentary parking coupon for him.
- His sessions are usually rather long so prepare at least 30 mins for it.
- There is no need to reserve a seat for him for the banquet (if you are having ROM & AD on the same day) as he would tell you he wants to go home to accompany his wife
happy.gif

mich_q

I'm sorry but I do not see Dr Phua's contact details in ROM. How do you contact him? And why is he not listed in the licensed list?

asprah

Hi all,

just had my solemnisation yesterday. Dr Phua was great! He tends to repeat himself a lot, but overall, he's as what many people have said. My guests loved him.

He gave me a little panic attack, but it was funny. Was supposed to start at 1.30pm, but still didn't see him at 1.25pm. Was worrying and talking to hubby about it when I turned my head and there he was, standing at the solemnisation table preparing. lol..me and hubby were like "when did he get here?". Dr Phua has stealth power! :D

smile_lynn

Asprah>> Congrates!!!

Dr Phua is really a nice man. I emailed him yesterday, requesting a change to my timing. He replied 'OK' immediately.

moonsafarian

I think the range of $68 to $108 is a reasonable amt.
He is indeed a jovial man, organised & attentive too. With him to preside over yr ceremony, u're in great hands!

dellise

I also just got confirmation from him that he is able to do mine next year Feb...so happy cos I thought I was rather early to ask
happy.gif
I saw how he did for my brother's last year and decided to invite him (he gave me his namecard) as I find him very jovial as well as very sincere although I must say the solemnisation is rather long as he tends to talk to the newlyweds about what a good marriage is all about (which is good). I am doing it prior to wedding lunch and on stage thus will probably let him know to do it within 15-20mins
happy.gif

beegirl

Thanks Moon
happy.gif

Anyone booking him on 12sep10 ? I hope doesn't clash with others. haha.
Does it matter with the venue?

beegirl

oh my~~ mine is at evening time around 5 or 6 pm.
Anywya i emailed Dr phua, but havent got replies. so worried~~~ my bf called but no one pick up...

did he change his email add??

isenggirl

nope, he didn't change his email address. probably you should just wait for awhile, he will call you back for confirmation. i don't think he will reply on weekend though..
happy.gif

isenggirl

you may wanna ask Jenny Teng (jn_teng) as she managed to engage Dr Phua on the same date as yours.. not sure what time is hers though.. hehe..
happy.gif

jprintz

Hi all,
I have email Dr Phua to invite him as our solemnizer too. However I still have not receive his reply. May I know how promptly will Dr Phua reply in email?

jprintz

thanks pinkscrump...
so he took 3 days...i was reading the thread and thot he reply quite fast...so was worry if i email the wrong person.. But i just email him yesterdae.. so i shall receive his reply soon
happy.gif

fitzyen

Hi Amy,

My ROM is also on 20 Oct 2010- you beat me to it before I can send an email to him ;-) May I know what time is your ROM and where is it? Will forget about calling him if the time is similar.

littlezhuzhu

Yipee ~ glad to know about Dr Phua in this forum ~ i decided to engage him for my wedding next year Sep ~ still very early now :p

No worry ladies Dr Phua can be found under the Grassroots leader -> single constituency -> Nee Soon Central division!

piggyong

Hi Jellygreen
My Rom also on 20 oct 2010 and i also get Dr Phua. Mine will start at 2.30 wat time does ur ROM start?

shawnnkalyn

Hi,

I'm tempted to invite Dr Phua as well after reading all the good reviews. However, my solemnisation will be held at Novotel hotel at Clarke Quay. Can I know where is he staying and do you think he will be willing to go all the way there? Or should I invite someone staying near to the central? Pls advice.
Thanks.

piggeekgirl

Hi Kalyn,

There will be no problem inviting him to your solemnization as Dr Phua drives so he wouldn't mind travelling to Clarke Quay. I had mine at a restaurant at Boat Quay and he was my solemnizer. So rest assured that you can invite him to your solemnization.

Congratulations and have fun planning!
happy.gif

sunnyham

After looking at all the good comments For Dr Phua. I email him yesterday and invite him to be my solemnizer in Dec'10. Within a few hours I got his response but he is not able to make it to my timing. Hence I adjust my timing to suit him. In the late evening he response my email agaim and accepted the invitation. He even complete the form for us.I am really glad and happy for his prompt response. It makes everything goes on so smoothly. Thumbs up ! hopping the AD turns up well too
happy.gif

vennice

Dr Phua is perfect for both English and Mandarin, with his years of experience as a profesional JP, his language wise is for sure superb not anything weird, so no worries at all..! Trust him, no regrets!! ladies, cheers!!

vennice

prettypapillon> No worries at all, Dr Phua is punctual than anything else, despite rain or shine. On my ROM day it was raining.. to my disappointment, but everything turns out well, all guest are punctual too! So no worries ok? ;)

vennice

Kalyn> Alternatively, if you really like Dr Phua to be your JP, how about try to change your ROM date instead if possible...? If you can't change your date, then will have to get another JP.. Just to share, for me I did too.. change my date instead.. Congratulations!!

shawnnkalyn

Hi Queenie,
Thanks for the suggestion. However, we are having everything done on the same day.. Meaning.. the tea ceremony in the morning, solemnize in the evening at around 6pm then dinner at night.. So our timing abit tight. Dr Phua suggest to change to 5pm but I'm afraid too rush for us to get prepared and also too early for my relatives to reach so early. So we had no choice but to find another JP instead. Hopefully able to find one to suit our timing..

vennice

Kalyn> Icic.. in that case, then since time cannot fit.. source for another JP would be more ideal.. cheers!!

sweetcyanide

Kalyn Lim, initially i also plan to have my rom at 6.. but dr phua says he got another 1 at 6 already... and suggested 5:30 instead... luckily both at the same venue also.. haha!!
although its earlier and i am also afraid that my relatives might be bored if need to wait for so long.. also, it would definitely be rushing for the makeup.. both mum will also need makeup so everything will now need to start at 2...

but most impt is that we find a gd jp who can make us at ease... it was another friend who recommended dr phua to me and says he is very good and fatherly.. recently, i saw that my fren also engaged dr phua.. which makes me feel that the decidion to bring things earlier is right.. =)

sunnyham

Jacqueline, thanks for sharing. I feel I make the right choice as well after seeing your comment. I changed my ROM timing from 6.30pm to 5.45pm in the hotel as well. I have the same arrangement as you. Makeup and video has to bring forward. Hopefully the day itself turns up well too.
happy.gif

sweetcyanide

sunnyham, high 5!! haha!! although things have to stazrt earlier, but most impt is that everything will be smooth! so far from the feedback of dr phua by my frens are good!! so we shouldnt have any worries about it. =)

angjanice

i think dr phua is pretty humorous wor..after seeing a video of him holding a solemnization ceremony for my fwen, i think he is good and he lightened the mood too at the ceremony. hee..u can see him in tis video at my fwen's blog.. http://youme-them.blogspot.com/. it's the 11 june 2010 entry. keke..

twlgrace

for those that have been solemnize by Dr Phua before, do both bride and bridegroom read the vows together or separately?

candiceqi

he is very prompt in replyin emails and he even agreed to be my JP when my solemnization is only in MArch ! very glad
happy.gif

joyle_t

hi candice>> can check with you when's ur solemnization? I'm also planning to get dr phua for my ROM in march.. just hope that the dates dun clash..

joyle_t

candice>> haha~ no clash! i mistaken my AD for ROM.. =X ROM's in Feb... I emailed him this morning using my office mail.. he hasn't replied.. =(