JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

yingveron

Hi all, i got Dr Phua as my JP as well on Nov. I spoke to him over the phone. He's humorous..a happy old man i guess? Haha! Booked him lik 6 mths ahead..he actually mistaken my ROM so he called me up to remind me abt the Solemnize to double confirm as well. He's efficient.

Here is his detail:

Dr Phua Tan Tee
Office tel: 67319575/67531028
Email: [email protected]

Hope this helps! =D

joyle_t

Hi there, if u google for Dr Phua, he is under the list of grassroots leader who are appointed to solemnize weddings.. not a JP in name..

perfectlove

Hihi,
I had Dr Phua for my ROM. Need to book him earlier if the ROM date is a popular date. My husband and I contacted him through email. He would ask if we were comfortable in Mandarin or English. Very humorous person who made the ceremony very memorable. =) My parents had a good impression of him too..

andyteng

hi maybelline,

may I know when did you contacted him?

I've tried to email him on tuesday and yet to get a reply, hope he didnt missed my mail,

andyteng

oh so you e-mailed him on tuesday too? hope he respond to my mail soon too,

one more question, do we need to put down the details of the JP/JPnumber/venue on the e-filling?

reason being, if not we'll just book the day, and wait for DR phua to reply, now i'm just hanging in the air, waiting until DR phua replies,

perfectlove

Opps, i just checked. we emailed him on a Sunday and he replied on Monday. I don't think he missed the email. Possibly a little busy or not in office. Emailed him early june for our late aug ROM.

Yes. you need to put down details of JP, JP number and venue. You'll need to do the filing so that MOM side inform you when to go down to MOM to sign the declaration, collect wedding cert for ROM if your's is going to be an outdoor affair. =)

andyteng

oh my.. hope he reply to my mail soon, i wouldnt wan my date to be fully book,

btw is there fully book in the first place? cause that is the day where we first met and etc etc so we yearn to do it on that very memorable day.. hahaa..

perfectlove

It really depends on which date it is. I understand what you mean. My ROM date was on our 7th year anniversary, 280810. If ur's is not a super popular date like 101010, and you're finding him abt 3 months in advance, possible that he may be available. If he still doesn't reply, can try calling him. =)

His office contact:
National Environment Agency
DID +65 6731-9575

yohz_yohz

hi I've got Dr. Phua as my solemnizer on 12 Dec 2010. This is a popular date but he is still able to accomodate. Initially we wanted him to solemnize our wedding at 11am but he says he is not able to make it due to tight schedule; hence he proposed 10am and we accepted
happy.gif

his reply is very prompt, in fact his email went to my junk mail but he emailed me one more time to check the status with me. I checked the timestamp, he replied within same day, then waited for 2 days and no reply from me (went to junk mail, i didn't realize) then he emailed me again..luckily i happened to clear my junk mailbox and saw his emails haha

andyteng

@maybelline, mine is on our 7th years too!

@yeahyeah, haix just checked my junk mail to no avail, you really gave me a glance of hope loh.. i was so enthu to view my junk mail then... disappointment.. hahaa..

so that concludes that I should e-mail him again. hmm..

cindyong88

Hi Andy..

You can try to call him.. I had email him 2 to 3weeks ago.. He replied me within the same day.. In fact, I have booked him about 5months earlier and he accepted my invitation.. =) He is a very friendly and humorous person.. =)

joyle_t

hello, i also emailed Dr Phua way way earlier. My ROM's Feb 2011.

I emailed him in the morning thinking that he will reply me during office hrs, but he replied me at 11+pm the same day.. he should have access to his work mail at home..

tosamtan

Hi, can someone advise what needs to be done after contacting Dr Phua? Is there some forms to be filed or Dr Phua will advise? Thank you

jacqurine

samantha: u can email him check is he available on ur ROM date. he will do all the information & send u a form if he can make it.

ppl_pay

hi ladies, Dr Phua is really nice and efficient! I mailed him this morning and he replied within 10 mins!! i was shocked to see his reply so soon. haven't get to speak to him yet coz i'm worried i'll be interrupting his work. he even asked for our particulars so that he cld fill in the form for us. so nice of him!!

piggyong

Hi all, We just had our rom on wed and Dr Phua is our JP. Dr Phua is really nice he make the whole thing so lively and he quite friendly. All my friend and relative say he is good.

gacsyt

we had our rom last month by mr phua and he is a very friendly and nice jp. will definitely recommend anyone who wants to get him...

eviliss

Hi Ladies, I got Dr Phua as my JP too. However, I've a bit of problem since I requested him to come to my hotel at 1.30pm on my wedding day when I invited him in Feb. But now, after sorting out our schedule, we realize that 1.30pm is alittle late for lunch and emailed him again to confirm the timing at 1.00pm but he told us that he can only come by at 1.30pm n told us to readjust the timing at 1.30pm, no waiting nor delay.

We're thinking that 1.30pm will be too late, but anyhow, do u think I should readjust my timing again? Or guests are gonna be late n the 30mins doesn't make a difference? I'm in dilemma.
sad.gif

michecwy

dear all, i hope someone can brief me on this..

if my cocktail starts at 7pm, follow by 730pm dinner commerence, then wad time should my ROM (in function rm) be on? 6pm or 630pm ah? Cuz after ROM i will need to go up change for cocktail rite? Or to say, normally ROM starts wad time in function rm den follow by Cocktail? =)

homama

michelle, think u can start your solemnisation at 6pm ba... cos some solemnisers may take as long as 30 min to go thru the ceremony for u... and if u aint changing ur makeup and hairdo again or alot, 30 min for u to change into another gown for the cocktail 7pm should be ok.. have sufficient gap in the schedule in between is good.. so that everything wont look so jam up and u do not have to move in a fast pace too...
happy.gif

homama

lissy, more impt is can ur banquet allow u to start late end late? if yes, 1.30pm solemnisation and with lunch start thereafter look ok...

michecwy

thanks mrs ho. I've seen u quite long in the forum. ur wedding over? hehe..

I wanna confirm timing cuz I emailed Dr Phua, he needs my time b4 he can confirm. hehe happy

homama

michelle, im actually in ur FB.. haha.. shulin here..

actually i did email Dr Phua to be my solemniser, too bad he cant accomodate to my timing, so too bad lor... :p

blackcat

Dr Phua is really very prompt in replying emails! I just emailed him last week asking if he could be our JP. He replied within hours and accepted.

So happy and looking forward to having him as our JP :D

michecwy

Dr Phua have emailed me mentioning my Consent Form is posted out! He is really really fast! Thumbs up for him!!
Now, I'm waiting for it! :p

Btw, he mentioned, after signing still must go ROM to verify docs ah? Den 3 months before the date go efile?

quido

Dr Phua is a very fatherly person. I did not feel any stress! He's got everything under controlled! Those who tend to feel stress out easily ... shld get Dr Phua ~ he very nice, prompt and has great sense of responsibility.

blinky03

yes. I agree. He was my solemniser. He's funny too. Will break the ice with his jokes and he can speak mandarin very well if you need that.

shuyen

Hi Lily,

I think it's better early than sorry.

To give a little context of his popularity, Dr Phua is the only JP I've seen at multiple wedding and engagement assignments. Once I bumped into him on consecutive days of shooting weddings and engagements.

lily930

Hi Shu Yen,

Thanks! but i have yet decided the venue and time. can i only provide the date to check his availiability?

shuyen

Hi Lily,

If you have already confirmed the date, but flexible with the time and venue, consider getting a time slot that will fit into his schedule.

lina83

Hi Lily,

I think is better that you engage him early since he is a very popular JP. My friend also book him in advance for her ROM in May this year. I also plan to engage him next year but my ROM date is not fixed yet. ~~All the best~~

lily930

hihi all, thanks for all the advice.. maybe i shall email him just to check on his availability first while i am still searching for
venue.. hehehe!!!

just wan to know how to find his name in ROM webbie? i cant find his name.. and if he is not available any other JP that u gals can recommend??

babylove2

yea, i emailed him few days ago and he reply the next day.

However, i have a change of date and emailed him again and no reply.