JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

I have engaged Dr. Phua as my Solemnizer. Do we need to print out the vows he sent via email, or will he prepare another set for us on the day itself? I have accidentally deleted his email with the attachment & I don't dare to ask him to resend :s.

eeyorex

antz: I din use the standard vows.. I prepare my own vows.. no need to memorise the vows... becos I am using my own vows, I actually printed out on a nice paper and just read from it.. Dr Phua will prefer us to read the vows ourselves instead of following him...

chocolatepraline: sorry, I dunno whether Dr Phua will prepare another set on the actual day... I think better for you to print out..
I think I still have the email.. I will forward to you.. =)

twlgrace

Hi Fanni...

Dr Phua is still active. He had just accepted our invitation to solemnize for us. You can just drop him an email indicating your ROM date and time and he will reply to you. Hope this helps.

persianahcat

My ROM is on 29 Sept
happy.gif
what about you?

luveon

Oh! Dr Phua is so popular! I have just sent out my invitation to him by email. Hopefully will not get disappointment. My AD is in Jan 2011. Popular month to get married. I'm so anxious now. :-S

dimsummeimei

I had my ROM on a Monday. Dr Phua was very nice and very accommodating. Thumbs Up for him. I regret now that i did not give him a very big AB

eeyorex

queen: dun worry.. i din give Dr Phua a big AP also.. its the thots that counts.. what we can do is to recommend him to our frens.. =)

ginack

Dr Phua did my solemnizing last year, we used our own vows.

He is bilingual, and very jovial :D Am glad I got him as my JP via my wedding planner's recommendation.

twlgrace

Hi Inspector Gadget The Detective, thanks for your reply. He solemnize ur wedding too.

I'm really worried to keep him waiting too long if he comes early as the timing for everything like the function room etc has been planned just nice on the ROM day itself.

sweetcyanide

Hi all! i also managed to engage Dr Phua as my JP.. SO glad that we can confirm him earlier rather than the usual 3 months rule.. But if I knew we can engage him earlier, i might have gotten my slot! haha!!

and what more coincidence there can be?? dr phua mentioned that he is unable to do it at my timing and asked me to call him.. (he is nice on the phone!!) the whole story is.. another couple actually engaged him at the same date, same time (that we wanted) and same place!!! So, he suggested that he will do ours 1st and ask if i could change my timing to 30mins earlier.. I thought for a while because changing of timing would mean changing of day schedule also.. but seeing that he is so willing to help, and convenient for him and good reviews about him, i go ahead with his suggestions...

and true enough, he asked for our particulars and i received the consent form a few days later!! now all i nee to do is wait till the time to e-file and to call him again 3 days b4 AD to confirm. =)

inspectorgadget

Hi prettypapillon and twlgrace,

To answer your questions:

Is Dr Phua is always punctual?

Yes, I think so. It seems like his track record. He will turn couples down if they cannot fit into his schedule. And he's not someone who will rush through the ROM Solemnization process.

I'm really worried to keep him waiting too long if he comes early as the timing for everything like the function room etc has been planned just nice on the ROM day itself.

Usually he is just early enough to settle himself into your ROM Solemnization and give your family and guests a proper briefing, so he sort of keeps himself occupied until the actual signing of the documents. But if he early, find him a comfortable spot to rest.

blissfulgurl

Hi all,

I've just invited Dr Phua as my solemniser on 20.10.2010... and he agreed. He is going to send us the consent form soon.

Thanks everyone for sharing their experience with all the BTB and HTB.

yipsl

hi all,
i hope to invite him too... heard so much abt him... mine is on 10.10.2010... just sent an invite via email, and i am anxiously awaiting for his favorable reply now... pls pray hard for me... =)

twlgrace

Hi yipsl, ur ROM date is such a nice and hot date. I'm sure Dr Phua will try his best to squeeze out some time for you. all the best
happy.gif

isenggirl

hey.. is that true that Dr Phua is more natural in mandarin? but is his english weird or just as per normal? i would like to engage him.. now confused between him and Prof Yu hehe.. we all don't speak mandarin, so really need somebody who can speak english well..
happy.gif
any comment?

mayshalws

isenggirl: i engaged Dr. Phua as my JP last year and no regret at all. u can read my comments in this previous page. his command of english is normal. he conducted the event using mandarin more and only communicate english with hubby n me. and our vows also in english. so the whole events is a mixture of english and mandarin
happy.gif

isenggirl

hi mayshalws, thanks a lot for your prompt reply. yeah, i will email him invite him to be our JP. But i usually prefer to meet him in person with him (including all our vendor hehehe) to have a brief chit chat etc.. hope he is willing to spend his time to meet us up..
happy.gif

mayshalws

we never meet up until my solemnisation day. but you may give a try make apointment with him
happy.gif

good luck, hope you can engage him be your jp as he's a really jp.

twlgrace

Hi all,

Just wanna double confirm that he is okay using English to conduct the solemnization? Do we need to let him know our peference?

mayshalws

twlgrace: yup..think it's better to let him know your perefence in advance. and on the actual day before the start the event, remind him once. he'll more happy to help you
happy.gif

isenggirl

hi, i m still waiting for him. hopefully by monday he will reply my mail.. coz wanna call, but nvm, wait awhile..
happy.gif

think will met him up once to have short discussion first.. but again, depends on the schedule loh..
happy.gif

but.. if he doesnt have HP, how to "remind" him when the day is approaching?

mayshalws

usually he quite prompt reply email, usually he take 1 or 2 days to reply.

we send him reminder to confirm via email after we collect our cert
happy.gif

moonsafarian

Had my wedding recently & engaged Dr Phua as my solemniser. I asked him if we needed to meet up, he said it wasn't neccessary. Was very prompt in sending me the consent form the day after I invited him through email.

Nearer the date, I emailed him our personal vows to check & he "ok-ed" them. As it was his lunch hour, we asked if he needed us to pick him up at his workplace, which was very near our venue. He said not needed, he will drive to the hotel. We passed him a carpark coupon & an AB after the ceremony. He spoke in a mixture of English & Mandarin & addressed both us & our guests. He's very thorough & briefed us on the process right before we started. Once he started speaking about marriage & love etc, I started tearing hehehe!

The entire ceremony took longer than expected. Close to 30min, and he stayed on a while to take photos with us & ensure the PG captured certain shots too.

Very pleasant & experienced JP!

isenggirl

wahh so sad, Dr Phua is not available @ our date. he asked me to bring fwd earlier 10am or push later 3.30pm. but that's not possible bcoz mine is ROM lunch.. sob.. nvm go for my 2nd choice solemnizer now hehehe..
happy.gif

navyv

hi, is it ok to contact Dr Phua via email to ask if he is available to be our solemnizer? What should we include in the email to him - date, time, venue? Anything else?
Thanks!

piggeekgirl

Just had my solemnization on Saturday, 5th June 2010 and we invited Dr Phua as our solemnizer! I have only good words for Dr Phua for he's really a good solemnizer. Since it was raining yesterday and that might be the reason he arrived on the dot. But upon arrival, he briefly walked through with us what will happen during the solemnization before starting the ceremony.

During the ceremony which was conducted in Mandarin, his speech was made to make us relax and enjoy the ceremony since we were obviously a bit nervous since it was afterall a serious affair. Hehez. Everyone was in laughter and relaxing after listening to his speech and he brought us through the vows and all in a relaxed manner. While wearing the wedding band and signing, he always ensure that the photographer captures all these moments. Not forgetting the "Kiss The Bride" moment! Hehez.

Then both families and us took a photo with him when he presented the cert to us. It was really a pleasant time with Dr Phua and we were glad we invited him.
happy.gif

piggeekgirl

Hi twlgrace, we asked him to do it in Mandarin since parents should prefer to have it in Mandarin for their benefit. Hehez. Actually both his languages are quite good. We had to do the vows in English 'cos Mandarin is just so weird for us. Haha!
happy.gif