Four Seasons Hotel

latte

dun think so...as long as there is no formal announcement by FS mgt. but OBS seems rather keen, in view of the drop in tourist arrivals.

woodstock

Hi Chemson,

Billy's title is "Catering Sales Manager". In fact, when I first considered Four Seasons, Billy was the one whom we met up with as Danny was not free that day. He is attentive to details, even after 2 months, he remembered we are the couple who didn't want sharksfin soup. Just give him some time to understand your requirements, after all, he just took over your portfolio.

chemson

Hi woodstock,

Oh.. Billy Yap is another catering sales mgr around. There will be another catering mgr joining next week. I met up with Mr Ho who is taking over my banquet next weekend.(Not Billy Yap) Danny has actually gone on to Fullerton Hotel..
happy.gif

I have more or less finalised my banquet details...Phew ! Another relief !!

As for converting FS to a condo or something.. there are no plans yet cos Mr Ho said that so far FS is earning money. So no plans on Mr Ong Beng Seng's part to divest the interest.

nectarine

can someone advise me how FS ballroom will turn out in pictures? if there are, can someone be so kind as to share the pictures with me?

pooh

Wow...so many comments about four seasons...I am gonna have mine there too on 2nd Dec. Haven't gone for my food tasting yet...I was also under Danny and now...oh no, the oh not so flexible Michelle...on a more positive side ya...I chose four seasons cos the service is excellent and I got the same feedback from photographers, bridal designers, friends, make-up artist. I think the staff are all very well trained, not like those part-time ones that most hotels employ. And as for decor...think the ballroom is pretty grand on its own, so really don't need so much deco...just my two cents worth.

sep03

Except from Bz times (11 Oct)

HOTEL Properties is not likely to demolish the 257-room Four Seasons Hotel Singapore on Orchard Boulevard in the near future although the government has eased restrictions on the use of the land.
'Why would we want to demolish it now, especially in view of the current poor outlook of the residential market? It just doesn't make sense,' said David Ban, a cousin of HPL managing director Ong Beng Seng. The former HPL director also noted that the hotel, one of Singapore's top outfits, was profitable, and enjoys occupancy levels of between 70 and 80 per cent. There was, therefore, no need to pull it down.

chemson

Hi Gals,

My wedding was over last mth. I had a great day and everything went smoothly. Just wanna highlight to you that at my wedding dinner... some of my guests mentioned some lapse in the service stds in the serving staff which occurred in a few tables. One table even requested for the change of staff cos he was just too bochap. Another table had this waitress who confessed she did not know how to serve the Roast Pig. Was kinda shocked to hear that. Anyway, have highlighted to my banquet mgr. The serving of the food was not timed properly.. it in a way delayed my 2nd march-in. Therefore, pls ensure that all these details are looked into. But overall... I had a memorable wedding..
happy.gif

sep03

hi chemson,

thanks for sharing...read in the other thread your sharing on costs...would like to find out from you how you budgeted for the wine and beer consumption?....how did the guests find the in-house wine?....

So disappointed that FS would have these inexperienced banquet staff....

did you top up to further decorate the ballroom?...btw, how was the food?...

chemson

Hi Sep03,

No worries.. glad to share my experience with you gals. Err... I did not budget for wine and beer consumption cos based on the profiles of my guests, there aren't many beer drinkers. I used only one barrel of beer. Therefore, know the profiles of your guests. In fact I estimated the consumption to be around 20 bottles of wine for the nite.. true enough, 14 red and 6 white were consumed. And they served the wine during the cocktail reception which they should not.. in fact.. my guests were quite late so much so they did not even drink the wine at the reception but only during the dinner. The in-house wine was good... cos I tried it myself at food tasting and my fren's wedding 3 mths before. I used the Provinag 2000... forgive my spelling..
happy.gif

I did not top up up decorate the ballroom. Would find the ballroom more clustered if I had more candle stands. The food was good. And I had a 2-piece band.. and we made them mobile... going from front to end of ballroom..
happy.gif

chemson

Hi ilyena,

I paid around $600 for 2 sets of 45 mins each. The music played range from jazz tunes to broadway tunes..
happy.gif
I used continental strings. You can get the contact from the SB forum under musicians.

sep03

hi chemson,

if i'm recall corectly, you had your wedding in crescent ballrm rite?.. ;-D

Me also booked crescent ballrm...would like to hear your opinion on whether having 15 tables will be "squeezy"?...

chemson

Hi gals,

ilyena: No prob... do get in touch with Continental Strings if you are interested.

Sep03: Yes I used the Crescent Ballroom. 15 tables will not be too squeezy.. how if you are having a video presentation.. the 2 tables at the left end side near the entrance may not be able to see the show clearly. For my case, I closed off the reserved table cos we had sufficient guests.. so at the advice of Mr Ho, we took away the 15th table and it was so much more spacious. Hope this helps.

nectarine

oh dear, pooh, you mean you agree that Michelle was also not so flexible with you?!! we had a painful time working with michelle tay. I wish i had some other banquet mgr.

hi chemson, could u kindly email your FS pictures to me at [email protected] ?

Many thanks!

sep03

hi....

do u mind elaborating how difficult it is to work wif michelle?...

me also not too happy with my coordinator, got him after danny left...didn't even see him before!...sigh...can't make any decisions type...

chemson: would u mind showing me your FS pics as well...thanks!

[email protected]

happie

Hi,
Just saying my views. Think the catering sales dept at FS very unfriendly and unhelpful. Though their prices for the package I asked for was lower than other hotels(surprisingly), I would give it a miss cos their service is really pretty bad (in terms of responses). Wonder if it is cos of a new manager and now trying to get things organised.

binbin

hi happie. just curious...u said their prices are lower then other hotels u asked b4. which hotels u comparing to huh? Raffles, Shang Rila etc huh?
sollie lah just curious coz i know FS quite ex....

sep03

i personally feel that FS' service in terms of negotiating for a better deal is not good...nothing much extras thrown in...but to be fair, it's the quality of the food and service on my wedding day that i care abt....and i feel assured of this point with regards to the std of svs offered by FS.

The capacity of the ballrms of shangrila and ritz is very different compared to FS...the max of FS mite not even meet the min req by Shang and Ritz...

Price wise...it all depends on weekdays and weekends....wat i know is that shang's and FS' weekdays prices are pretty similar...

jellybeans

Hi Happie,

Would like to share the experiences I had with FS. Just had my wedding banquet in Sept this year. For me, the person who we dealt with is Mr Ho. He's a pretty nice guy, altho I agree with Sep03, the frills they have are only standard stuffs & difficult to ask for any other extras. However in terms of service standards and food quality, I give FS the thumbs up. Most of my guests feedback that the food was really good and very filling. Altho, Mr Ho was on leave on the day of my wedding, he specially came back in the evening to attend the briefing with the banquet mgr and his staffs. My best man & my sister who was helping said they were very professional jotting down the details of the discussion. Service on that night was also just splendid. I never regretted having chosen FS for banquet. In fact my dinner ended at about 11.15pm but the staffs didn't rush to finish up, which was a good thing. Really hate it when the waiters start coming to clear your food when you haven't really started.
Hope you find your ideal location for your banquet soon.

chemson

Hi Happie,

I agree with jellybeans. If you had read my earlier postings...
happy.gif
My original banquet mgr resigned 2 weeks before and Mr Ho took over our banquet. He was too on leave on our wedding day but he took time out to come back to make sure things are in order. Despite the lapse in service and slow in serving of the fishes... our wedding went smoothly without much hiccpus...
happy.gif
But I do agree they are not very easy to bargain for extra stuffs but what they have offered so far were great..
happy.gif
Have no qualms using them for my banquet..
happy.gif

I

invited

Hi Everybody,

My friend had invited me to Luncheon for his wedding. Er....Jus wanted to check if you all know the price per table/person? I hope to give him Ang Bao that at least can cover the cost. Dun wanna him to "loose money". Sounds weird hor..... but he is jus a normal friend and since he invited me, mus cover cover cost wat!! Thks!
happy.gif

erin

hi, does anyone have a contact for a nice banquet/sales manager at the Four Seasons hotel Singapore?

Thanks in advance.

she

Yah, I'm also trying to get hold of a contact. Search thru' their site there's an email link, but it will lead to a long form, which nid alot of details that I'm not prepared to give. If anyone has the email add/contact num, can u pls share! Thanks.
happy.gif

jellybeans

Hi erin & she,

You can try looking for Mr Ho. I think he is the Catering director or something(can't really remember). He was the one who we signed with for our wedding last Sept. He even came in the evening of our wedding day to hand things over to the banquet manager even tho' he was on leave that day. He's a pretty friendly chap altho' the things he can offer are pretty standard. Sorry, don't have his direct number with me, maybe you can check with the hotel operator.

B

blahnik

Do call up their catering line and look for Billy Yap, he's pretty flexible and offered to throw in a function room for our solemnization even before we asked for it! Also got free corkage for a limited number of bottles of hard liquor and exchanged anniversary dinner for free seat covers.

bride2be

Hi She
Called Four Seasons today, was told the wedding fair on Sat, Oct 4 at Four Seasons Ballroom from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Fees per couple at $20nett and limited seat available. Spoke to Dawn and you may want to contact her at 6831 7210 for more info on the wedding fair. Good luck and hope to see you there

bride2be

Hi
I just found out that they are giving 30 bottles of wine free along with a barrel of beer. Great deal should check that out

estherc

Hi,

Indeed they're giving out free wine, beer and seat covers (which I thought are supposed to be in the standard item).

I'm deciding between Four Season and Raffles Hotel, which has a very similar package with Four Season. Any advice on the two? Heard that it is very difficult to negotiate more things from FS and I believe it will be even more so given that their wedding show is round the corner. Is it really true that the offers at wedding show are only valid on the actual day or do they usually have some time allowance.

DoI have to negotiate with them on the wedding show? If we have to sign on that day, wouldn't we have much less negotiating power? Please advise!

kite~

Hi,

May i know Four Seasons hotel has how many ballrooms and can u tell me what is the min and max requirements of e tables? thanks

chemson

Hi,

2 ballrooms, Crescent and Grand ballroom. Crescent can accommodate up to 15 tables (max), minimum is 12 whereas Grand ballroom can accommodate up to 30 tables (max). Minimum is around 22.

kite~

Hi chemson,

how is grand ballroom? long aisle n high ceiling?cos i m looking something like tat for 25 to 30tables on wkend. thanks.

blush

Hi all

I am considering having my wedding at FS, but had quite a bad experience there when i attended a friend's wedding there last year. the waiter at our table was very rude to us. so just want to check if anyone has feedback if the service during the dinner is ok. (was my experience just an isolated case?)

also, if i have only 20 tables, are they flexible to lowering the minimum requirements for the grand ballroom?

Thanks!

estherc

Hi Blush,

No sure about if your experience is isolated cos I've never attended any wedding there before. But FS has quite good comments from people generally, esp on its service and food.

I don't think they're lower the min requirement for the grand ballroom cos they're quite well-known for being inflexible! Many complaints about FS is that they leave no room for negotiation.... So be prepared to pay premium if you're going for FS.

tarea

Hi all,

any idea what the the price per table for sunday?
have a invitation there tomorrow, wan to bao ang bao so that it will cover their costs!

many thanks.

arctic_hare

Hello, I had my wedding at FS in June 02.

Kite, the grand ballroom doesn't have high ceiling nor long aisle. It's rectangular in shape and the stage is at the middle of the length. So, the aisle is only the breadth. On one side of the breadth is a row of arched windows (very nice!) while the other side is a row of arched mirrors.

33548.jpg

Blush, I am sure your experience is an isolated case lah... I had a wonderful time during my stay there... right from the moment we checked in till we checked out.

I also had 20 tables, and I used the grand ballroom. But I had to upgrade my menu before they allowed the reduction of the minimum table requirement.

The food is definitely very nice. What I like about their service is that they assign one waiting staff to each of the 20 tables. On top of them, one drink server to serve every 3 tables... This way, I know that all my guests will have their dishes served roughly about the same time. Really dislike those weddings which the table next to you get their food way before ours came.

cynthia

puzzlerain

Hi cyn

Do you get your own florist to do the setup or just their std package decoration? Can the cake be chosen? cos i went to see yesterday but the cake decoration not too impressive.

I like the grand staircase a lot and the arched window.

As for the table setting are you using the silver spoon with a centerpiece and 2 candles on each table.

Is the aisle march in too short?

Who is the co-ordinator that you recommend?

arctic_hare

Hi puzzlerain, I used their standard package decoration. No, cannot choose their cake. Agree with you that their cake is not impressive at all.
lame.gif

Our table setting doesn't have candles. Only a centerpiece. Guests were using silverwares, but the VIP tables are using goldwares.

We dun find the aisle too short, but this is personal perferences lah... some may want to walk down longer aisle mah..

My co-ordinator was Danny Yok, their catering sales manager. But I heard he has left FS and gone to another hotel.

chemson

Hi Blush,

I guess the service std of the serving staff was kinda isolated. Anyway, for my wedding.. I received both good and bad comments of the serving staff. I did highlight to my catering manager, Mr Ho as one of the feedback. But thankfully it did not affect the mood of my guests though one of the tables had the serving staff changed cos he was simply very rude.. :p

estherc

Hi Cyn,

How does your table centerpiece look like? I went to the show on Sat and found that the table centerpiece was only a small and simple flower arrangement... I hope they have more options to that. Anyway, I've already signed with them. Come to think of it, it was a rather hasty decision...hope I wouldn't regret my choice! Sigh...

arctic_hare

Hi BB, mine is a small and simple flower arrangement loh... but you can choose the flowers and arrangement, I think... They have one whole album for you to choose from. We wanted something simple, so just a small and round one.
wink.gif

estherc

Hi Cyn,

Oh i see... I do hope they have enough variety for the fresh flowers arrangement cos I'm quite particular about flowers and yet not willing to pay extra. Afterall, flowers are luxurious items. I'll rather spend on something else like getting a real cake, live entertainers or nice wedding favours etc. Did you have any of the above? Was yours a theme wedding?

Oh yah, how about their table setting? Many varieties? We saw a setting that we like in the bridal show, which is maroon table cloth with black seat cover. Looks very elegant but the black seat cover... got to rethink!

arctic_hare

No, mine was not a theme wedding.
happy.gif

We din get any real cake. They sent us a real cake to our room... but we din touch it at all. Find that the sugar coating is too thick lah... dun like it.

I got my cousin to play the grand piano they had in the ballroom.
happy.gif
He played Canon as I was waking down the aisle. After that, it's playing of my CDs all the way...

We used their wedding favours. Chocolates! Find it more practical than chopsticks... coz you just pop into your mouth and that's it.
lame.gif
Their chocolates are pretty nice to eat... I ate all of those which are in my room. hee hee...

I have not seen the setting you mentioned... Mine was gold ribbon on white seat covers for VIP table and just white seat covers for the rest of the guests... Just the silverwares and goldwares is enuf to impress us liao... When we had our food tasting at Jiang Nan Chu, we felt like emperor and empress using those crockery.

btw, we did not view any bridal show at FS before signing up with them... We viewed the ballroom and the rest are through photos.

estherc

Hi Cyn,

Thanks for sharing with me the details of your wedding at FS. It really helps me to think of what I want.

Do you have to rent that piano? What about video or slide show? I'm wondering if they charge on those equipment items? Another thing is the wedding car rental. Do they provide (I heard from a friend who had her wedding many years ago that some hotels provide wedding car rental? Opps... we forgot to ask all these when we're signing the contract!

Sorry for bombing you with so many questions at one go. I'm just very excited to hear from "experienced FS brides". : )