Four Seasons Hotel

chinzilla

heh lose AP gain a new husband not bad la. =)
okie so flowers and all settle in dec? abit late hor?

i wanna coordinate with my church flowers. Do u noe if they allow any colour?

thx YX

shanfeng

saccher: yes 1 screen is enough. If you want both sides to have equal tables also can. Its how they arrange it in a way that 1 table is not directly under the screen,but more to the back.

I know FS Ballrooms only have 2 screens.

1 by the window, and the other opposite the window. Definitely not 4, from what I know.

If we want 2 screens, we have to pay $150 x 2 = $300!! Thus, 1 is enough since the screen is quite clear, and ballroom not too big also.

shanfeng

Also, just want to ask what is the estimated $$$ you gals set aside for 'losses'? Actually I shouldnt use the word 'losses' la, but lack of a better word to use =P

Considering FS is a premium hotel, esp if its for weekend dinner...

of coz it all depends on your relatives/friends. But my friend who held her dinner at Goodwood 'losts' about $10K

YX, yup!! icic ya..haha its ok la i also spent some time trying to chose date cuz of the nature of my work. Im in the finance dept so need to try to avoid annual audit, quarter end closing period etc etc..haha

chinzilla

losses as in just for banquet? im budgeting abt 100 in AP on average from guest so the rest wil be losses.

hrm not possible to have 2 screens by the side of the stage? i scared the guests neck ache. or march in one side look left one side look rite. haha
i reserved 2 projecters from the vendor le. oops

haha sac ur in finance ! noe ur pain. im in research.. every time the Financial statements come up im super bz.

will u be going for ur honeymoon straight away?

tanyix

chinz: ya i prefer 2 screens side by side too.. hmmmm.

for me, i'll be hanging around singapore for a while.. cos the next night eat tuan yuan fan, then after that is CNY already. then actually, 6feb i MIGHT be going USA for a 2 weeks course. then htb loves USA soooooooo. i MIGHT be able to extend my trip and have my honeymoon after. haha.. but nothing's concrete at all yet.. so... not hoping too much.
happy.gif

shanfeng

100/pax is reasonable..but have to factor in children too =P i have quite a number of cousins still schooling... but what to do? totally fell in luv with the beautiful ballroom and service!!!

March in then guests look left look right? Hmm the screen will just be showing videos, montage etc right? If you are concerned about march in, I supposed you meant you wana include 'live feed'? That is an additional cost.

Or is it possible your Videographer adds that in your package?

chinzilla

oh thats true. i dun have a live feed. prob wun include that . *save $$*

i wa just thinking coz the action is norm ard the stage. every time we cue to the video/montage etc. it wuld mean ple have to turn their heads. not sure if thats ley chey.

ya i got a number of children coming too. heh oh well loss then loss lor

tanyix

you all know what's the max number of people at a table? aiyo i got a cousin with 3 kids and many cousins with 2 kids. all below age of 5. :/

tanyix

all: this is the reply i got from r*ntprojec*or: we give discounts if you rent the projecetors for multiple days.

hmmmmmmmmm.....

shanfeng

never thought of max no of ppl per table. i did ask for baby chairs from my coordinator though. just have to let her know which table needs it.

i estimate to lose 10k.. so our honeymoon kinda depends on how much we lose..
sad.gif

cause we have gone overseas tgether about 7-8 times already so if we really lose alot den we might jus go to some beach resort n chill for honeymoon

esther, i also thought that fs only had 2 screens so i most prob wont take the stage at the window. cuz guests have to turn their heads

yx, i am the youngest of my generation for my father's side so i have so many nieces and nephews! my dad has 7 siblings and my mum has 9 siblings. so for my dad's side im not inviting my nieces and nephews.

tanyix

sacc: haha mine is similar... dad and mom are 2nd youngest child in their family.. so almost all my cousins are married with kids already... mom says have to invite all :/ since it's like a family tradition kinda thing.. aye!

chinzilla

ithink max is 11 pax . but thats for adults. was advised to put the guests with special diets as the 11th to avoid spending extra. but thats pretty weird to space them all out. so i guess x2 for tat one table.

do u think FS will acquiesce to weird requests? im having a weird idea for the table numbers

tanyix

chinz: what do you mean by weird table numbers? like totally random? haha.. well, you could try!

i was thinking for those tables with 2-4 kids, maybe have 12-13 pax/table...

yx, if i invite all fs no enough for me liao! haha and i have to spare half a tble for my grandma's mahjong khakis!

chinz, i think u can put 2 special diet +9 normal a table..heh what weird request? like table names instead of table numbers?

chinzilla

haha i was thinking of doing away with the table number stands and using bottles instead. wanted to ask lewis if he can save the bottles from the FS kitchen or sth. haha ya wanted to do table names name it after things that are meaningful to us.

hrm u think sac its possible to do make one full table of say halal or vegetarian say the 26th table so we hit the min number of tables. will they still charge the base table + the meal cost. i noe if its 25 table FS will charge both

tanyix

Chinz: what you mean 25 tables will charge both? You mean more than 25 will waive? Haha that's if your halal and vegetarian friends know one another!

chinzilla

hrm it means that say they charge 68/head for halal/veg meals. thats on top for the existing say 1000/ table charge.

im wondering if they can waive the 1000 charge if say i have more than the min no. of tables

unity58

Hi i am intending to book four seasons fr my wedding nxt yr dec. Can anyone recommend me some good coordinator. Was talking to one but dun feel service gd. pls email me the coordinator email, name and contact at [email protected]? Tks a million.

Chinz, wahh abit cheem.. if you have one full table of halal,veg then the table would be 680?
By the way, i thought that halal or veg also same price as the usual per table price. Meaning if your per table is say, 1000, den per head for halal/veg is 100.

chinzilla

hrm i think one full table they will still charge at 1000.

sac if ur way is correct then its ok. so i can hve 50/50 chinese and halal its still 1000.

But i was under the impression from the contract that its 100 +68 = 168

unity58

Hi i was told that i will need to use original cd fr the weddings songs to be played. I will alsowneed to pay license fr the song in the montage. Is this applicable to all hotels? Coz i went to other hotels, they did nt mentiom i need to pay license fr montage. Anyone can explain to me hw much is the license and wat is it really fr? Is it a must. Pls hlp.

Chinz, I jus checked my letter of agreement. it will be better for us to have the guest with special menu together with a table of 10 - meaning you will have a table of 11. Then the cost for that table will be 1000 + 100=1100.

Basically the cost of special menu is the same as the per table cost which you signed up for so as long as u have 25 tables min should be ok..

chinzilla

lycia do u have a budget in mind? coz the VGs's pprice range varies from <1000>3000 for AD.

Chris: there are 2 licenses involved one for the "background" music that is piped during dinner and one for montage.

FS and other hotels have the license to broadcast music already. so as long as u provide the original CD. that will be sufficient.

For montage its another license which includes a. the right to use the music and b. the right to broadcast the music at ur wedding.

so u can satisfy a. by writing in to Compass
http://www.compass.org.sg/

and b. by http://www.rips.com.sg/.

some ple get ard b. by playing the montage video and then playing the cd externally using the hotel sound system.

having said that ur PG and VG norm does have the license in which case if they dont they will tell u how abts the obtain it.

Christopher, yes we have to use original cd for wedding songs. This is the same in other hotels unless they have acquired the license from compass.
As for the montage, if you are outsourcing the work then the company doing the montage would most likely have the license already.

chinzilla

ahh thx! : so if i have a table of 10 vegetarians they will just charge 1000. ? irregardless of if the meal is 68. thats gd enuf for me.

I cant split the guests, coz my bosses / colleagues are strict vegetarians as they come from India. so its gonna be too odd to scatter them ard the room

shanfeng

Hi Chinzilla

From what I know, the standard table, vegetarian/halal are all the same price.

If 10 are having say vegetarian, it will cost $1268++ if you are taking the deluxe menu.

If 8 is having standard, 2 are vegetarians, you have to pay 10+2. Meaning $1268++ plus (2x$126.80++)

Saccher/YX: Like you both, I have lots of extended relatives, and coz we are close knitted, I will have to invite ALL (all schooling cousins inclded)

I heard from my coordinator FS has a list of songs that they can play for us, without us having to pay the license. Anyone here has the FS song list??

tanyix

chinz: yups i agree with esther about the special diet pricing… and it's more worth it to either have 10 normal + 1 special diet (so you don't waste money), or have one full table of vegetarians+muslims. yups!

christopher: sorry i can't help you on the music part as i'm not too sure about it myself either!

esther: nopes dunno what's the list leh.. i'm still a bit blur about the music licensing part too…

chinz/sacc: i'm still quite blur about the music portion even after your explanations! haha.. will ask again when i need it
happy.gif
hee.. but i did remember my coord telling me about them being able to play only original cds.

Esther, I was trying to count and i realised for my dad's side, his one sibling alone would mean about 26 pax! (sibling plus spouse=2, their 6kids plus spouse=12, these 6 kids' kids=12) wahahaha me and my htb almost fainted!

I only know they have 'pipped music' during the dinner. If you know what other songs they have in their list can let us know??

Chinz/YX, yess better to have 10+1 or full table of halal/veg

oh ya and my dad is like some social butterfly. he has more friends to invite than me lor..haha paiseh just whining abit..

YX, I think if your video/montage is not done by yourself, most likely u dun have to worry bout the license issue. Only thing is your march-in music has to be from original CD

unity58

Thanks for the info on the music. Was so surprised about the license thing as I went to alot of hotels but none mentioned. Anyway thanks to Chinzilla, sacchar1n3 and YX for the great info provided! Thanks.

chinzilla

ah will try. thx for the advice. haha see i think i got abt 5 or so with special diets. *sweat*

esther: not too sure abt the list. Im getting a band so will spam them with watever music the band plays.

haha i feel like singingfor the march in but im a duffer at singing!

lycia: will get the PG / VG to do for me. but more of a thx u pre wed video. then the montage is the pre wed shoot. going to do away with childhood which i/ll do at the photo booth?

My VG is abt 1.7k. and i noe of one guy 1.5k rec by my PG. They are simplicityvids and Mirror Creations

shanfeng

YX: what i know is if you are keen to use FS list for the march in songs, you dun have to pay. But if you want your choice of songs for the march in, you have to bring ORIGINAL CD. As for montage, video etc, usually the production company would have paid for the licence already. (someone enlighten us!)

saccher: 26 Pax !! But at least your dad's sibling, his grown up children will give you AP ! But 12 kids arh!! = 1 table liao!!

I also have about slightly more than 2 tables of 'kids' in total. Most of my 'still schooling' cousins and their bf/gf!!!

Chin: I have 3 aunties who are the ONLY vegetarian in their respective nuclear family. So We will arrange in a way their husband and children sit with her in the 'vegetarian table' too.

Ok I suddenly have lotsa questions!

Anyone here has heard feedback on FS vegetarian menu? I want to try during food tasting as I have 3 tables catered for vegetarians.

Anyone knows if food tasting is conducted in the main JNC restaurant , or in a private dining room within JNC?

Also, during AD, will food be portioned out individually? Heard from coordinator its 'family style'.

Anyone doing solemnisation during dinner ?

sweetiipie

Hi Esther,
I think e food tasting is at the JNC restaurant
During the AD, the food will be apportioned by the waiter as there will be one waiter assigned to each table, but u can choose to let the banquet mgr know which table doesnt need food to be apportioned as some folks do not like it
Im doing solemnisation during my lunch

Chinzilla, your VG 1.7K is full day?
We also feel like singing but thinking how to blend it into the night's flow of events..

Esther, heh i also want to know if the dinner's food will be served individually.
Will be doing solemnisation just before the cocktail reception instead of during the dinner

chinzilla

food tasting shld be at JNC. but u can choose one -ninety if ur having a western lunch! . whether to apportioned its up to the guests and they can indicate.

oo 3 tables of vegetarians wow. i think the food shld be gd, maybe u can opt for extra tasting .

yup VG is full day plus montage.

shanfeng

I think for cold dish, to portion is quite funny right..? As 1 guest will only get 2 slices of each food?

And for fish,will it be weird if 1 guest get the head, the other get the tail?

But of coz for sharksfin, noodles/rice etc, dessert, it is better for the server to portion out.

So my guess is that depend on the dishes, some will be portioned out, some won't?

But i also hope the server can portion out the food.

My coord told me to inform her on the vegetarian food tasting, so that one pax will be tasting the veg menu. But of coz the rest of us can also have a taste of it lah!

I will be solemnising during the dinner, so prior arrangements must be made, so guests dun come in late, and flow of the food should be prompt, and im also concerned how the table will be moved down the stage ... puzzle puzzle..

As for PG and VG, i was at the PG thread, and saw horror stories! Late PG, or PG who MIA with your AD pics for a few months... i havent source for one, but already headache liao..=(

chinzilla

heh for the wedding dinners ive been.

Cold dish isnt. Fish they will cut and ask if need to portion.
Sharksfin/soups. staples are portioned.
Meats - they will ask. if not its not portioned.

ur coord is nice !

and dun worry abt PG la. the horror stories are concentrated. but it rarely happens. they norm return u after a 1.5mths.

hee ive only had gd exp with my PG thus far

esther/sweetiipie, one question, if u do the solemnisation during the lunch/dinner, its done immediately after the first march-in? cuz i wanted my dad to walk me in for the solemnisation but first march-in has to be with hubby otherwise very weird

applemonster

Hi, I am not having solemnisation after lunch, hence i cannot advise you
happy.gif
I have not even plan my itinery! Anybody can provide me itinery for wedding lunch?
happy.gif

chinzilla

sac maybe can do the march in ur dad as the first. then solemnization. after tat then walk in with ur htb in the 2 and 3rd?

ur htb will be at the end of the 1st one waiting for u . wun be too weird?

chinzilla

think i asked b4.. but still blur abt the ans.

Does FS give you choice in colour of flowers? I kinda set my theme as tiff blue coral and Cream.

So hoping their gerberas can be that colour + white table cloth