Cooking Recipes as promised

chatterbox

jelly - alamak!!!!
167470.gif
pengz!!!! kekeke....

jellytots77

oh chatter... cos the way ur receipe sound more like the slice fish soup then pasta mah... ur second explaination is more clearly lor... cos u say stock... like alot leh... kekeke....

pooh_ger

H pamela,
u missed out the fun! btw can i trouble u to send us the nancy chandler map to sandy's addy den we reimburse u the postage fee?

Hi melaine,
i dun hold gathering session in my hse but in another member's of this thread hse! If u r interested to join us can PM me ur real name hp no.lah so that can update u for any ongoing activities loh!

blush

winnie
i'm interested in joining u guys...but will be out of the country a lot (in fact, leaving this friday). keep me updated?

pooh_ger

hi melaine,
jus click on my name den can PM me liao!

Hi chatter & blush,
Sure jus PM me ur real name & contact no. den me wil update u gals of any gathering ok!

jellytots77

hi winnie... wow now not onie ur receipe is popular... even ur cooking is also bery popular... kekeke.... me too also interest to go... u got my contact already rite so no need PM u hor...

pooh_ger

jelly,
haiyo u praise until me flying up the sky liao........

blush & melanie
i'll check my mail box den sms u my no.!

pooh_ger

Hi ningyo,
ur hotmail email is not big enuff for my recipe so could u create a yahoo email!

Oei Jelly,
Next gathering sure info u 1 lah! dun wori only scare u dun come ar!

jellytots77

yo winnie... hmm... 1 2 go steal some cooking skill sure will try my best to go one unless i super busy lah... hmm... some questions... got simple and easy cooking dish or not... those u post sound so complicated... i scared i burn down my kitchen how... kekeke

pooh_ger

jelly,
wat kind of simple dishes u 1? maybe u tell me den i find 4 u ok or if i noe how to cook den i tell u my method lah but my method is agar agar method 1 ok no accurate measurement 1!

Ningyo,
Will send to u shortly!

blim

Hi ladies,
Thinking of making chocolate covered fruit bits but unsure how to go about it. Can anyone advise please? Thanks...

Apples or pears cut into bite sizes, coated with chocolate and then sprinkled with nuts. I don't know how to make it... Should I buy the chocolate bars and melt it?

chatterbox

Blim,

Please dun melt choc directly over the fire....
Put boiling water into a big bowl....
Then place the choc in another metal bowl, and place the metal bowl onto the bowl of boiling water. Slowly stir till melts.... Avoid any drop of water into the melted choc
happy.gif

Hope this helps
happy.gif

pooh_ger

Chanel,
i'm afraid ur hotmail box is not big enuff to receive my recipe so mayb can u create a yahoo account or watever so dat i could send u my recipe!

jellytots77

wow chatter... u sound like an expert... kekeke... me still hvn even started anything yet... kekeke...

btw... u bought wat kind of oven hur... me intend to get one leh... but duno which brand is good...someone recommend me Tefal leh...

chatterbox

jelly,

I've been secretly learning from the experts here..... Sshhh!!!!! wait they wan charge me how.... kekekek :D

Oh, I bought a Microwave cum Conventional oven -Sharp R888F model... Heard National gd also....
Heard is better to get those with double grill function - that means got both top n bottom grill lah.... Most comes with top grill only....

Not sure abt other brands leh.....
I'm still an infant in cookery lah.....

jellytots77

yo chatter.... wow sound chim on ur oven leh... must be quite ex rite with microwave and oven one... so did u use the microwave function... isit necessary... i thinking of getting oven onie leh... microwave like seldom use leh...

ur double grill mean got 2 layer isit top and bottom ya... then bery big rite...

pooh_ger

yeoh jelly,
The "Tefal" oven not bad leh for beginners! Or u can go phoon huat website look look c c for tips on buying oven loh! Btw i still scratching my head trying to simplified some of my recipes for u!

chatterbox

jelly,
not ex lah.... bought @ < $500... Personally, I find it very useful to have 2-in-1 oven... An oven also costs abt that price.... So y not get 1 with microwave function :p

Oh, not 2 layers.... Is juz that there's heat coming from top n bottom to ensure grilling is more even
happy.gif

jellytots77

oh i see... so u mean not more than $500 hur... actually i got one microwave at home... but hor thinking of giving to my SIL cos no place to hv 2 oven at home leh... sob sob

okie... i know wat u mean... kekeke

ohstrawberry

Hi,

Anyone had any recipes of soups or desserts to cook in a slow cooker?
Wanna cook something using my new slow cooker, then after work go home can drink.
Thanks in advance.

keruri

Hi all,
Long time no see. You can try cooking bird's nest with your slow cooker. For those who do not have a slow cooker, you can use the double boil method.

Here's the recipe:

Sweet Clear Bird's Nest

Ingredients
Bird's Nest 5g
Rock Sugar 3 cubes
Hot Water 200g

Method:
1. Place Bird's Nest and rock sugar into a pot.
2. Add hot water, reduce to medium heat and boil for one hour
3. Occasionally stir the Bird's Nest with a wooden spoon till soften.
4. Serve warm and add ice cubes if you prefer your Bird's Nest cold.

Option:
You can add in more ingredients like red dates, almonds, gingko nuts or walnut together with the Bird's Nest and rock sugar before boiling.

Facts
Hot Bird's Nest is tastier than Cold Bird's Nest as it gives off an aromatic fragrance of egg white.
One piece of Bird's Nest can make up to three bowls of Sweet Clear Bird's Nest.

Hot Tip
Store Bird's Nest in a cool, dry place such as the refrigerator at all times.

maya

I'm also using Sharp R888. Very good! There's many things you can do with it. Only weak pt is that the steam function not so good, and cannot cook most leafy vege. They also conduct classes so at least you know how to maximise use of oven, sometimes reading the instructions also quite confusing...

scobido

hi gals

want to check w u all whether anyone knows how to make cheesecake without using a oven or microwave cos I have none in my hse...