Bangkok

mist

hi serene,

oh, another trip to bkk in oct? so nice..... hehehe.... then this time to shop until you drop loh...

i went chatuchap mkt, really cannot finish shopping the whole area man... too big liao... heheh

dragon_gal

Hi gals,

thanks for your info and replies. I am trying to plan my itinery now. which areas should i visit in the morning and which at night etc? eg chinatown close at wat time ... is it ok to go around 7pm. will the shops close by that time?

dottyback

hi mist hehe honestly i dun shop alot in BKK...find their items not suitable 4 mi n those very nice ones in paragon r so ex..no 1 goes 2 bkk 2 buy ex things 1 lor hahaha

i like chatuchak tho..bot a few rolls of ribbons kekeke u noe in sg hor..aiyo 1 metre like $2 so ex..so i saw rolls i bot a few keke 1 roll less than $10 onli :p

foreverhappy

HI serene any picture of the ribbon u bought...what else can be find in chatuchak other then candles u see any small salt & pepper container?

dottyback

hi apple errr no i dun haf any picture of the ribbon...its those fancy ribbons u wrap 4 pressies lor...i bot gold n champagne coloured ones

oh theres alot of household knick knacks but u muz chanced upon them lah..like mi i always get lost in there so whenevr i bump into any shops dat sells interesting things i juz buy kekeke altho chatuchak got their own 'addresses' i tink its not ez 4 tourists like us 2 find

i usually stay in Novotel Siam Square but tis time i stayed at Asia..my 1st time but it turned out ok n like wad many others said b4..its ultra convenient coz the train station (Ratchathewi) is linked 2 the hotel on the 2nd floor..we actually took the train 2 chatuchak..juz drop at Mo Chit n its 5mins walk away..alot of ppl goes there so juz follow hehe

bloomiey

Dragon gal: Chinatown is just a street, shops closes at night time ard 10pm, there are street hawkers at chinatown i think close at ard 12midnite to 1am. Sampeng which is nearby Chinatown closes at 6pm. They are open in the morning abt 9am.

mist

apple: oh, i saw very cute salt and pepper container, it's like a couple hugging each other, it comes in different colour combination, in red and yellow, or blue and white etc... very cute leh. i wanna buy but hubby don't allow, cos he say nice to look at, but not convenient to use. ;(

i also buy alot beads there..... cheap, of cos quality maybe not as good. it's 10 baht for 1 packet, those small pack size we purchased in singapore. I stayed in Asia hotel, quite okay lah, anyway i went out early in the morning like 9am and only return at 10 plus pm.... hehehe..

we were at chatuchap from 9.30am to almost 2pm leh.... think we only cover quarter of the mkt only. Lucky my hubby likes shopping one, so we really walk and shop loh... ;p

serene: oh, i like chatuchap mkt leh, can see they got many many different things. oh, i saw them selling lightings there!! almost similar to my house lightings... and it's expensive when i bought in singapore leh....

foreverhappy

Hi Mist

ok i shall look st them when i am there in july hopefully its still avail. Any idea what the price? I tot its quite useful can put salt & pepper.

dragon_gal

Hi Yanling,

thanks for your info.
i heard that u must plan which area to shop in chatuchap .... almost impossible to cover the whole place in half a day right? does any one knows where to get a map of the chatuchap market?

babykhoo

hi ladies,

i'm going to bangkok in june. would like to know if you've any spas to recommend. I heard alot about marble house at siam sq. anyone tried it recently??

blue2003

Am going next weekend. Wonder anyone stayed at Diamond City Hotel before? good?
happy.gif

mist

hi ladies,

those who wants to get a map of chatuchap map, you can get from below. this url is listed on the map when i get from chatuchap market.... me only get the map when i'm leaving the mkt!!! wish i had it before i went to the mkt.

http://www.jatujakguide.com/main/jjmap.html

hi apple,

i didn ask the price leh... think shd be less than 100 baht.

bloomiey

blueblue: Where is the hotel location? Few ppl booked that hotel i guess. you booked from travel agent?

mist: the salt & pepper container doesn't have a face right? its just a plain colored container right?

Chatuchak so big.. hard to plan where to go.. i just blindly go wherever I like til i feel like exiting out.

foreverhappy

I hope that one don't cost much too cos i intend to get abt 100 of them but its too ex then may have to drop the ideas.

Anyone has bought their wedding favour in BKK> what kind of items can be found... Thanks

pinko71

Hi everybody..

I will be going to BBk next month for 5 days, will be staying in Eastin Hotel, anybody know about this hotel? I am still doing my reseach on where and how to go to the shopping malls and attraction places. As this will be my first time there. anybody can help ? thanks in advance

bloomiey

lyesha: whats your budget? 5* or a budget hotel? Near BTS?

Blueblue: yeah only agent give that kinda hotel. Very few people booked that hotel from website. Maybe you can tell us more after your trip back... *wink*

apple: i think you can be prepared to drop the idea of buying 100 pce of that. I saw at shopping centre in BKK, forgot which shopping already. Cost abt S$10+

little_a

yanling,
as long as the hotel's location and room is not scary... its okay with me. Most imptly, it must not be scary.. heehee

How much should i bring?

foreverhappy

lyesha

When are u going? Me going in july have not book my hotel yet thinking of booking samran cos i want to spend more on food and shopping as for staying as long it is convient and pleasant and safety will do.

little_a

hi apple,
i have just made a tentative booking.. 18-21 May 06 (night flight). Not sure whether I wanna spend so much on accomodation. That's why i need recommendation on nice hotels...anything is fine but heehee cannot be scary or dark.

mist

yanling: ya, the pepper and salt contain dun hv face one.... does it cost $10++???

apple: think you can try chatuchak mkt loh... maybe buy in bulk can get good discount? the mkt very big hor, i really walked until tired, then i just exit out. actually the mkt also sell pets stuff also, i totally give that a miss. wedding favours, i think hv leh. got those popturri, nice organza bag also, candles and small bear bear..... some nice clips also. oh, i saw a shop sells very nice ang pow box!!! hehehe.... actually if you are arty enough, can make the ang pow box yourself... quite easy loh, that time i made the box myself.

uglyduckling: i got the hardcopy map from the chatuchap mkt, but not sure is it the entrance anot... it's a space you probably won't pass by when you towards the mkt. the URL is listed on the map, that's why i post it here for you all loh.

lyesha: depending on what you wanna buy loh... we spent S$400 for 3 days 2 nights, spent on food, and massage, buy some stuffs also.

foreverhappy

me target to spent only 500 for 2 person but may spent more cos see what can buy for wedding.

is ice still around??? is samran ok to stay in. sorry to ask this so many time cos i want to make sure its save to stay before i book the hotel also first time to BKK.
Really paiseh really hope someone who has stayed in samran to give me good advise. I need to book the hotel by now as i worried wait cannot book any. in june

dottyback

hehe depends on wad kinda things u like...

4 mi i always nv buy anyting much...the laz trip i only bot 2 tops n some sports gear...lotsa lingerie if u like kekeke

babykhoo

hi mist,

may i know where u did ur massage?

i looking for places to do massage oso. bt not sure where is good n cheap n clean. i booked prathumwan princess as accom. bt think that their spa v expensive. was thinking abt marble house. anyone tried?

minssy

hi apple,

if you need answers on samran really quickly, you may like to make use of the 'search' functions.. i am sure you will get your answers faster...

blue2003

apple
I think diamond city is 3 star hotel. Nt v sure. I booked thru agency so dunno the price of the hotel stay per nite. when r u going?

little_a

hi all,
need your feedback on the following hotels and which one would you prefer?
1. Baiyoke Sky
2. Sol Twins
3. Pathumwam Princess
4. Eastin Hotel
5. Arnoma
6. Novetel Siam

Any other recommendation?

dottyback

hi lyesha

i've always stayed at Novotel Siam Square in BKK..it was my 1st time staying at Asia hotel when i was there 2 weekends ago

personally i like Novotel coz of the location...Siam square is juz downstairs n if i walk rite..i can reach MBK, Siam discovery, siam centre n now paragon in 10mins..if i walk left..i can walk 2 Central World (which is refurbishing now) n of coz the Siam station is juz round the corner hehe

i belif 80% of guests in Pathumwan Princess r singaporeans tho kekeke dats wad a travel agency told mi b4 but i've yet 2 try it...tink i still prefer 2 stay at novotel
happy.gif

foreverhappy

Hi lyesha

If u are willing to spend more money on accomodation both novotel & Pathumwam Princess is good.

Hi Blue Blue
Me going in july. u going in june har.

little_a

Serene, how's the rooms at Novotel Siam? Is it big? How's the facilities?

Based on the quotations given by the travel agency, both Novotel Siam and Pathumwam Princess are of the same price.

dottyback

lyesha, indeed both Novotel Siam n Pathumwan Princess prices r almost the same

personally theres nutting 2 shout abt of Novotel's rooms or facilities lah..wad matters 2 mi is its clean n most imptly the location is tops hehehe n theres a row of massage palours juz across the road of the hotel which i go everyday while i'm there..cheap n gd keke

dottyback

lyesha i always hit those massage parlours on the streets..i dun go 2 those 'branded' ones most of the times so i dun rem the names
happy.gif
but the laz time i went..my boss's wife brought me 2 tis place The Orientist Spa..very nice place but it wasnt dat cheap..i cant rem exactly how much coz i din pay 4 it hahaha

Pathumwan Princess is 1 of the top choices 4 most Sgreans actually n its always peak..so abit tough 2 get a room esp during peak periods

dottyback

apple i always hit the ones across novotel..i juz pick n choose coz theres quite a few next 2 each other..i always choose the one dat looks nice n decent enuf kekeke n no dun ask mi abt the names coz i nv rem them..not impt when its mostly 250baht an hour

icebaby0

apple,

Sorry I dun track the forum often (try to come in when I can).
Samran is good enough for us and my parents. Like mention before, it's about 7 mins walk to the BTS.
Anyway, sometimes u will end up taking the taxi there as it ain't expensive. Just be wary of traffic jams and those cabs which don't go by meter.

My dad agreed to pay 300 baht from airport to Samran (inclusive toll) but when we went from Samran back to airport, total is around 190-200 baht (inclusive toll). My dad wanted a simple and less hassle ride to hotel (LOL).