Bangkok

fanyong

Hi Winnie,

I have tried dining in Bayoke Hotel Restuarant... Not bad u have bird's eye view of BKK..... But think u better made a reservation before u go there... cos my friend went there recently and was almost disappt as she didnt make reservation....

lint

hi fanyong,
I m going bkk on 15 Oct also. Staying at Novotel 3N. How much is your package and you travel by which airline?

bit_bit

Hi Fanyong
sure!
hee... now planning itinerary... seems like it's shopping... and more shopping! heeheehee
rofl.gif

ckluv2travel

Hi sugarbabe,

Thanks for your advice. Tink I better not go lah, safe than sorry lah.

Now got headache, don't know where to go. Wanted to go bali but realised that it's monsoon season so can't go either. Anyone got suggestions where to go :{ so sad. no where to go now.

fanyong

Hi LinT,

I am going to Phuket from 12 -15 Oct then folowed by BKK from 15-18 oct.... I booked everything online.... I will be taking Tiger Airways... I have booked Asia Hotel through Asia Travel.... cost 1413 baht per night.....which is abt 62 bucks per night...

Hi bit bit where u intend to visit? will u be going to Chatuchuk Mkt?

fanyong

Hi yenny,

U can book airport transfer from Asia Travel website.... It cost 1200 baht for 2 personns for airport-hotel and then hotel-airport transfer...
Anyone have better deals?

bit_bit

Hi Winnie,

Thanks for ur file! really very informative!
happy.gif

Fanyong ah...
Definitely Chautuchak Mkt!
happy.gif

had these few places in mind
- Pratunum wholesale market
- MBK
- Siam Square/Discovery Center
- WTC

seems like 3D 2N not enuff!
sad.gif

mtdt

hi winnie,

can email me the compliation too?
Am going to BKK on 15 Oct as well!

Hot date to go BKK huh!!
:p

muddle_ger

hi fanyong,

i was telling my bf tat i cant afford to treat him the the "Westin" hotel's 70th storey resturant - if forgoet the present hotel name already..

so i told him i will treat him to a 80th storey resturant in bangkok instead.. glad tat resturant is not bad... Yuppie .. to avoid disappointment .. my freind made the reservation for me already..

thanks...

muddle_ger

i am staying at asia hotel, staying 3 nites too.. my package includes airport transfer.. i think most agency will provide the service, maybe u gals can try asking ur agency..

If not will need to spend abt 300 baht for the taxi trip.

Gals enjoy ur trips over there .. and dun forget to update us wif ur experiences...

andreal

Gd Morn ppl
happy.gif

im going to BKK nxt weekend, was a rush plan by my sis & her frens..she sponsor half lar...so i agreed hahaha!!! hubby was shocked when i told him cos we just went in june, nw he wants mi to buy things bk for him *grin*.
well suddenly my head so blank, er gota do itinery and go down ppl's park ctr today...change some $$ at suntec.

So any update on the weather? beta not rain ah.aiya :p So got anyone here travelling the some period as me?

most likely we be staying at D'MA cos the breakfast is good. Owright i'll be bk later to catch up wif u all. Nice Day!!
happy.gif

bit_bit

Hi Wedding9999,
Have forwarded the file to you
happy.gif

Andreal,
Thank you so much for posting the maps... really useful
happy.gif

can check out the weather using yahoo! weather
http://sg.weather.yahoo.com/THXX/THXX0002/index_c.html

exchange rate
http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=1&s=SGD&t=THB

To all,
Last evening my Hubby went to Chinatown to change baht.. he managed to get a good rate of S$1 to 24.25 baht from this money changer located next to Giamsco Travel Agency at the basement of People's Park Complex

where else can we go change baht in BKK other than Siam City bank (the bank which offer the best exchange rate in BKK)?? cos doubt the bank is opened on Sunday.... :eek:p
Can we change small notes with the hotel ah, cos we mostly got 1000 baht notes...

sugarbabe

wow andreal, envy leh can go BKK again =( me cant leh is nt surely go during NOV public holidays so wasted!! hais..... anyway have fun n update us when u r back!!

postpet2

Ladies, need some urgent advice. Anyone stayed in Ambassador Hotel before? The location looks good, near to Nana station. But how's the hotel? room clean? breakfast edible?

rally

germ,

louis tailor is at suhkumvit area along the main road(near soi 8). Its abt 5 mins walk from nana station.

If u are tailoring mens suit i think there are better tailors along sukhumvit that u should try instead of louis collection.I have a few shops thats recommended. i did it at louis due to convenience only, but overall still satisfied.

If u doing ladies dresses and have time, try julie's but its located further away near oriental hotel. Seems they are quite popular and recommended by some thai sites for foreigners.By BTS its the last station on siam line. (saphan taksin station)

which area u staying btw?

touraco

winnie
i emailed brenda and the meemee from the asia travel resend me the confirmation letter again.
i hope that means it's confirmed.

Btw, anyone know where exactly is Joy Collection being located?

andreal

hi all,
i will be flyng by Scandinavian nite flight 5D4N @Eastin fr 7-10 Oct (stay 2nites free 2nites)..cos thai flight coming bk got prob. Anyone try SAS-Scandinavian b4? wonder hows the svc and food....kakak.

hi bit bit,
thks for the weather forecast link! btw mi and fren already change some $$ at Suntec buy rate @0.0413(opp.Watson)
Hey u can change tos bht1000 into smaller notes at hotel recept..:p

hi postpet and Sugerbabe!
hehe okie i eat and spend on behalf of u gerls j/king. ok shall update when i get bk.

hi tourace,
the address of Joy Collection was posted in one BKK thread v. long time ago. mayb u try under 'search'? hehe.

northgal

Andreal,
I have taken Thai Air, Fin Air & SAS b4, not much difference. No option for the meal, in case u don't like the food, u r left wif no choice.

andreal

hi northgal!
oh thks for the info
happy.gif
keke so far hv not taken any of the flight u mentioned, at least nw i know wat to expect.

bit_bit

Hi Andreal
U r welcome
happy.gif

wow! good rate u've got there! recept can change ah, oki noted!
happy.gif

so excited! tomo flying off liao!
166641.gif

fanyong

Hi gals,

Do u know how to know whether the taxi is a metereed taxi from the outside? Are all the taxis there metered ones or some are metered and some not?

How much shld I bring for a shopping trip for 4D 3N for me and my hubby?

rally

hi fanyong,

all taxis have meter but it depends on whether they wanna switch it on
happy.gif
Only from airport or tourists spots do these taxi try to negotiate a flat rate. If the driver dun wanna use meter, then dun get in the cab and just flag another one.

meter starts at 35THB and increase 2THB per 2 km. Quite cheap so always make sure they go by meter.

rally

germ,

macways custom tailor siam square soi 5 and marco tailor siam sq soi 7 is close to your hotel. Maybe u could try them. Ask for as many fittings as your time permit, check to see if they use the same material as the one u chose. These tailor are more men but they do ladies as well. If u want, u can ask if they outsource the tailoring to local people or they have their own master tailor. In-house tailoring would be better.

It is best to bring pictures of the style u wanna do.I would think long dress cost 4000THB upwards and men 2-piece suit 5000THB upwards.

deathstar

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. Must say it's quite good!! Everyone in here seemed so warm and friendly.

Anyway, just like some of u ppl, I'll be travelling up to BKK with my wife and friends this coming long Nov holiday. Will be staying at Asia Hotel from 11th - 16th. Was quite worried when i saw some of the treads mentioning that Asia htl is kinda dirty. Anyone been there recently??? can update me more??

Thanks....

lint

hi all,
will be there with hubby on 15 Oct for 4 days. Coming back on Mon, 7pm flight bkk time.

however was thinking Patpong better or Suan Lum market? Tot of going one of them as dun think got so much time..

rally

hi germ

more than enough time.

lint,
suan lum have more home decor stuff/ gifts etc like a mini chatuchat except more orderly and more clean.
Patpong in terms of shopping more expensive and unless u know thai, u wun get good bargains there. On the other hand, patpong is the place to go to see girlie show, bar-pole dancing etc.. or just to soak in the atmosphere of the crowd there.

if im not mistaken suan lum closes at 12am while patpong at 1am.

anyway u can spend few hrs in patpong and another few hrs in suan lum.

aloha68

Hi winnie, please share your compilation list with me. thanks. my emails is [email protected].

I am a thailand lover. Been there three times so far. Latest trip is to Krabi. My friend just got back from BKK. She stayed at First Hotel. When she wanted to book that hotel already tell her dun liao lor. Cos i remembered my first trip to Bkk staying at BaiyokeSuite and happen to walk pass First hotel, in my heart i thought. Finally got one hotel more lousy (exterior look) than baiyoke suite. she know thai and during our last trip she clicked quite well with the tour guide, so when she visited recently she called him up. He also asked her why stay at first hotel so she tell him that she is on tight budget. She was told that previously first hotel had a fire and a lot of ppl died.

deathstar

A Good Monday Morning to all!!!

I'm new to this forum. I've actually booked a trip to BKK next month and need some sound advice from u avid travellers. Saw a lot of threads with regards to BKK but dunno where to start looking. Hope those who has just been there to pen down here if possible.

Was quite worried of the bird flu thingie leh... Did anyone encounter any incidents?

esterlla

There's a new airlines flying to BKK from mid this year. Orient Thai. Anyone interested? I can forward the email from the travel agency to you guys. Too Bad I have booked mine via Thai Airway and Tiger!