Bangkok

dioscuri

no... mine is per pax

The dates that I wanted to go fully booked on all flights, except SQ... so no choice, although more expensive.

muddle_ger

Mine S$539 is for 2 persons... wanted to take only SQ flights or Cathy but then for DEC price is very ex unless i go in NOV, but my bf is busy with his work due to his new orcale system coming up. Then finally decide to take Valuair package, cos after all is a new plane rather than takin GR Indo plane...

There are other hotels but i choose Asia Hotel because is near to BTS station and is my 1st time there..

Yes i saw the price for OCT and NOV is very cheap.. haha .. but cannot travel tat period due to my exams and my bf work commitment..

muddle_ger

I think S$539 is rather cheap lorz..after u gals break down the expanses for me..

Mine Break down is
{$198(Hotel&Rtrip)+ $49 (SgTax)} X 2 + $45 = $539 for 4 days 3 nights stay.

Any one going on same date?

sirwin

I agreed with muddle_ger tat her pkg of $270 each is cheap, over wkend, fall in dec hol, seated arrangement as in valuair(timings is afternoon, rite? go early, come bck late flight timings?), airport transport, daily bf, + half-day tour(note tat need to pay driver & tour guide a fixed tips(forgot hw much) for tis). Where did U get tis deal, muddle_ger?

muddle_ger

i am taking the earliest flight there and coming back on the lastest flight..

Hmm.. still need to pay tips har.. not really interested in the half day tour.. keke.. see how 1st if i can finished my shopping or not..

I got the deal from valuair booth at the Natas Show..

U gals n guys heard any stories abt the aisa hotel level 8 and 9?Wonder if is true..

Anyone of u trip dinning at the Sky Resturant or the pub at the Baiyoke Sky Hotel? Looks romantic ot me .. thinking of going there...

ger

Hi dioscuri,

I booked mine 5D4N, novotel siam square, SQ for $630. After seeing yours...find mine is ex. We travel on the same day.

Anyone know where l can find relaible tailor for shirts & pants?

rally

hi all,
i just returned from bkk so could share some info.

Princessjen,
ur fren paid THB4000 S($170) for dress using what material? If done in thai silk for long dress (est 6 yards) then should be considered reasonable price. Comparable material from arab st here for 6 yards already more than $100 excluding tailoring and stitching.

postpet,
whichever tailor u go, make sure u get at least 2-3 fittings or until u satisfied with how the dress turns out. Do not go for one which guarantee u 24 hrs, it will not be good at all. Also it is very important if u can show pictures of style/cut of dress u have in mind. Most are good tailors but remember they are not designers.

Are u looking for only ladies tailor or mens tailor as well?

postpet2

hi Rally, thanks for the advise!
So did you tailor yours there? which one did you go? got problems?

Any new, interesting places to introduce?
Do you ladies get your home stuff there too?

zann: oh yes, i saw that thread too...at least we know which one to avoid...

dioscuri

the last time I wenk bkk for 3D2N... made some pants & jacket as well, but the whole trip became very rushed. 1st day arrive afternoon then went to tailor for measurement, 2nd day go collect find that need alterations.... only collect on 3rd day and the sent the clothes to us at the hotel just b4 we check out... travel to & fro the tailor, not much time left for other stuff :p

sirwin

muddle_ger, yes, the half-day tour is optional, but if U do attend e tour, tipping is a neccessary. They usually earn from tipping as their basic is low.

Tat a gd deal I muz say fr NATAs but did u pay via Stanchart(if U ve)? Ur total exceed 500 bucks liao so can get a free mp3/dvd player? on e spot fr e NATAs counter.

well, better nt noe esp when u r gtg to stay there in Dec, muddle_ger...I c wat I can "c" & update u all? hahaha. I dun wan to tink abt it but I will pray for safety at si ma lu juz b4 I leave for BKK! I usually do tat b4 leaving for hol!

I also do nt wish(though tis is part & parcel of tailoring) to go dwn 2-3x for e fittings(maciam like my wife is trying her gowns or sometink) but hopefully my 6D5N there can let us c thru' tat process. I will c hw when I m there, cos if realli need to go for tailoring, it is logical for us to go direct for tailoring after check-in hotel, rite?

zann

hi germ,

is that question abt getting tailoring at MBK for me?
i never went tailoring before in BKK but just kpo paste that thread for all so that you gals will not go to the cheating tailor.

princessjen

Hi muddle ger,

the price u got for 2 pax is indeed cheap..
hmm...seems like Natas this time round hv beri gd offer..since u hv aredi book Asia dun bother abt the stories..make yrself worry..

Hi germ,

Novotel is rather high end hotel..so tats y yr package cost more
happy.gif

Hi Rally,

my col did hers w thai silk knee length dress..think they hv been visiting them for many x,thus somehw got special disc..hehe

postpet2

ladies, anyone stayed in Bangkok Palace, D'ma Pavilion before?

i'm trying to get my tix from zuji and seems that Asia hotel is getting full, so the girl told me to have a standby hotel for her to check too..
how's the location for these hotels? i want something near BTS and shopping stretch...that's why chose Asia hotel..

rally

postpet,

i went to Louis Collections in sukhumvit, had no problems. Its impt to bring pictures of the kind of dress u want to make. However, i still think julie cotton & thai silk is also good but they are located a bit far off, near Oriental hotel.
where r u staying, maybe i can find one that is nearer your hotel. u have to plan your time around all your fittings so u may have to consider that.

rally

bkk palace, d'ma n eastin is not near BTS abt 15mins walk in the sweltering heat. its near pratunam mkt, pantip plaza n Central World Plaza(WTC).

muddle_ger

hi gals..

there was a few hotels to chose from actually but the reason i chose asia hotel as is my first time there and had also heard gd points abt it being near the BTS station rather than being caught in the traffic jams..taxi and tuk tuks scams.. i want to have more time shopping..

i am not bother so abt it so much, as i believe in luck and fate. but i go pray pray before going to BK.. hehe.. so many people stayed there and din feel anything also.. mayb just dun want to take the particular floors tat people are talking abt..

i think not so bad lorz.. if not how come so many peple are still bookign tat hotel?

muddle_ger

well is still a long way to go for my trip .. must finish my exams first.. thn can start planning for the trip there..

will keep a look out here for more info and travel tips..

Anyone has the "Nancy Chandler Map" Can sell it to me or help me buy a copy?? heard that is a useful guide is it??

I saw the purchase online price is rather too expansive than the purchase price from bangkok itself...

princessjen

hi winnie,

initially i wanted to stay there too...read the stories dun feel at ease...i m e kind reach there liao at nite imagination wil run wild so better not..in fact i stayed there during my 2nd trip..nothing happened except 4 my fren encounter something funny n had rm chg..

me oso wan to buy e nancy chandler map..recommended by so many pple
happy.gif

i can help u buy if i can find in BKK

postpet2

Hi Rally,

wow..you've gone to Bangkok to tailor many times, therefore you are quite familiar with the tailors there?
I do not know where i'll be staying yet. Got towait for confirmation.
If stay near Asia hotel, any good tailors nearby? Don't want to go too far either...time consuming..

Do you get your home stuff from Bangkok? any good places to watch out for?

muddle_ger

Hi princessjen,

Ya, i understand ur view pt abt it, well let me up date u all whn i return from my trip in DEC abt it .. wish me luck!

If u happen to see the map during ur NOV trip.. please help me to buy. Thanks in advance!!

chinadoll2802

hi gals..

i goin to bangkok..and i intend to tailor some dress..and my hubby mayb sum shirts and pants..who shd we go to??

and wat the avg price??

thanks

princessjen

dear pepsi,

alamak so sorry for the confusion.
lol.gif

PP is more expensive.. if u dun hv budget constrain can stay there lor..beri nice ambience & big rm too..got spa in e hotel..think is tatara if i m not wrong..my coming trip wil b stayg in arnoma.. i wil update my experience there after i m back..

dear muddle ger,

okie i wil help u buy if i manage to find 1..

dear pooh ger,

i receive yr attachment liao....TQ
happy.gif

dear chinadoll,

cant help u much on tailoring..wil raki this time there...when u going BKK??

bit_bit

Hi Hi,

Will be going to BKK this sat... booked F&E 3D2N w Sunny at last Sat's NATAS fair.. flying by Thai Airway (7.45am).. staying at Novotel Siam Square...

with so many places to shop, really dunno which one to start with (first time going there)! so excited! can't wait for sat to arrive!!
165582.gif

esterlla

Hi pooh ger,
Thanks for the info.it will definitely come in very useful

Hi chinadoll,

Heard from friend's hubby who had tailored suit that the one near D'ma is good. Think it's joy collection. I am going to try the tailor. Will post my feedback when i am back.

pepsi

Yah bit bit i am interested to know how much u pay coz I am sourcing for other bangkok 3D2N pkg...kena play out by the travel agent.

I went to Natas last Sun at about 9pm. (they closed at 10pm). Checked around and realised that one agent's pkg is the cheapest at $228 for 3d2n by tiger air, staying at arnoma. The rest are at $238. Even though it is cheaper by $10 only, of course I take the cheapest one lah. I wanted to pay deposit by credit card at 9.30pm, they said I have to go down to their shop at people's park coz they shut down their credit card & nets machine..no choice, I forego the citibank/ DBS freebies as I can't pay up then.

When I went down yesterday to pay deposit, they said arnoma quite fully book but if I pay $10 more, they can confirmed the room.....very unscrupulous hor...I am quite sure arnoma is not fully book...so if anyone here has good lobang, pls tell me hor. Thks.

ger

Hi Rally,

Where is sukhumvit? Tinking of goin to the Joy Collection that u mention. Do they do men's shirt & pants?

bit_bit

Hi Tobebride & Pepsi,

We paid (per pax) $358 for hotel accomodation & airport transfer, $65 airport taxes (both Sin & Thai)...

Pepsi,
Think Arnoma is indeed fully booked, cos tat's our first choice, then they called to say no room liao, hence we choose Novotel, which is our 2nd choice...

wat attracted us to place booking w Sunny was the private airport transfer... but now they said if we took Novotel, then got to share the transfer with other people... think should be ok lah..
They did offer us Amari Watergates (which comes with the private transfer), but we got to pay additional $70 more for the room! would rather save this amt of $$ to go shopping!
lame.gif

princessjen

<font color="aa00aa">Hi pepsi,</font>

<font color="aa00aa">can PM me the name of the travel agent anot?wana warn my frens who are going in dec to b careful of this travel agency..if it is indeed fully booked,they shouldnt hv asked to collect another $10 rite?? abit ridiculous lor</font>

ckluv2travel

Hi all,

Just wondering whether any of you worried about the bird flu in Thailand? Bird Flu may now be passed from human to human. Was planning to go Bangkok and Chiang Mai in Dec with hubby for 2nd anniversary. But now he don't want me to go cos he's afraid might contract bird flu.
Wat do u guz think?

pooh_ger

Hi bit bit &amp; serene,
Can u pls PM me ur email addy!

Hi sher &amp; westin,
u've got mail

Hi touraco,
We booked from the same travel agncy based in Thailand but how come ur booking form &amp; mine so diff, but if u're worry maybe can try to giv them a call like wat we did! Let me or sandy noe if u need any help ok!

fanyong

Hi bit bit,

I will be going BKK on 15 Oct... Do update us the places worth visiting there....

Hi postpet,

U will be staying in Asia Hotel? cos I booked 3 nights stay there.... hee