Bangkok

askabride

Hi Winnie,
Care to share good and cheap spas/food outlets/shopping areas NOT TO BE missed? Hope to find out more since you've been there many times, thanks a lot for ur help!
happy.gif

pooh_ger

Hi askabride

As for spas i'm afraid i cant't help i always dun hav enuff time cos bz shopping!

As for food wise i still prefer roadside stall, i would oso recommend dis seafood rest jus outside our hotel (Bangkok City Inn)but can't remember the name will chk it out for u during my Nov trip ok? of cos not 4getting those places dat is strongly recomm by members of this thread like Nam Sing & Hai Wai Tian @ Yaowarat (Chinatown), Sizzler @ WTC is good & superb cheap, Food Court @MBK Centre wif lotsa of variety eg. jap, kor, ind & asia if u dun mind hot & slightly run-down place can try "Ratchada" jus like our Lavender Foodcourt.

As for shopping, if u dun mind i can email u the list which i've compile cos tooooo longgggggg to type...ok

Btw when r u going to Bkk?

touraco

Hi gals

I am going BKK too...during the Nov period. Going for 5D4N. I am taking the Tiger airways, had a hard time logging in to book. My flight ticker costs me S$169. I booked Asia Hotel which is 1404Baht per night.

I am intending to go there to tailor my hubby's suits too. Anyone heard of Jackie's Tailor?

sirwin

Hi winnie,

can email 1 copy to [email protected]? I'm interested in knowing e seafood restn too. btw, I leaving on e 10th Nov. many thnks.

Hi touraco,

mi too on tiger airways, somemore staying at asia hotel too, so qiao4!

sirwin

touraco, ur hotel is cheaper than mine(with breadfast, rite? mine 1800+b vs ur 1404b) but my flight is slightly cheaper than your by 10 bucks due to tiger airways ladder-pricing scheme. U travelling on which day?

esterlla

Hi winnie,

Me wan too! Can email me at [email protected]?

hi touraco
is jackie the one near D'ma hotel? My bf going there as well over the same period. wonnder the tailor can finish within 24 hours with so many orders?

hi princessjen,
i called up the hotel today, they could not find my name. I panicked, so decided to call the thai travel agency. They said I have a confirmed booking and booking is usually under the travel agency name.Is it the usual practice? Anyone got any advice?The next time, I am gg to book direct to the hotel,suffer less duress and stress.

sirwin

Hi Joy, unless ur hotel chop rooms under your travel agent name, so tis mean e hotel will oni see e agent name & reserved under it, like a middleman kinda of thing. Tis cld be a scenario tat y e hotel cant find ur name. So wat happened nxt is at an appriorate time, ur agent ll update e hotel with their customer names as batch update.

Tis is my version, hw abt e rest?

muddle_ger

Hi Winnie..

Care to share ur shopping tips and food delights to me? at [email protected]

Will be going in december.. hope to get a gd package from the natas fair tomolo..

Is there any place that is a must go? How abt the dreamworld is it worth going?

Thinking of going for a 4 day 3 night trip. Will that be enough for shopping and a day of local history tour?

Thanks in advance ^_^

andreal

hi ppl,
btw i got a fren flyin to phuket by tigerairways in the early morn today..if got any feedbk fr him..i'll share with u all ok
happy.gif

hi princessjen,
hey bloomingspa really gd? cos i posted this spa long long ago in this thread..even emailed the spa for direction but that time nobody comment so we din try. Saw the treatment and price quite reasonable *grin* are u gona try it?

hi winnie,
can email mi the lobang and seafood etc too -> [email protected] *Smile* tq! hey u going to Natas fair? i wana go but got chalet so cant make it...can update mi if u see any got lobang esp. BKK trip *winkz*

hi touraco,
abt tailor, there's one highly recomended by forum members called Joy Collection near D'MA hotel. Can get it done 1-2days...:p Another one is narry tailor..more ex.can find out more at http://www.narry.com

hi Joy,
abt the name list, mi too hv same 'version' as win hehe. Usually will log in as tour agent's name instead of guests' names. As they felt no need to liase w/ the guests.

esterlla

Hi win/andreal lee,

If this is the case, I am more fang4 xin1 coz my bf found out the spore agent is not NATAS member, so make me panicked again. Suggested that I call the hotel again to verify if there are any reservations under the thai travel agent name.
Will do that later in the office where i can IDD.

I m also compiling a list of shops, spa etc. Will post that once it's done.

sugarbabe

hi andreal, ur fren flying off to phuket.. so nicez.... ah feel like gg for holidays again but cant leh, cos juz gt hse keys then gotta start reno..=( but thought nw it's the monsoon period for phuket?? anyway, post the feedback ya!! heehee

sirwin

Hi Princessjen,

can you help to ask your mgr is TR on 3 left, 3 right seating configuration?

Ok, will take ur tailor recommendation, Andreal, hope to MTM 2 pants as 1-2 days to complete is gd for mi, hope tat price/workmanship is gd too.

I believed hotel will pre-chop e.g. 20 rooms for a particular agency registered under their name in advance as part of biz arrangment so tat walk-in/online will nt be allocated to e 20 rooms as e hotel will set aside a diff. quota accordingly to walkin/online. Names change can be done at 1 go when bookings is cfm via your agency at a later stage.

Hi Sugarbabe, yes, renov. is impt & challenging as it progress but dun wori, Patrick is reliable!
wink.gif

bugs

tourao, if u going to bangkok, dun go to a seafood rest that looks very old and where u get to chose ur own seafood on the sport. i dun remember the name of the place but it's just behid a very big nite market the taxi driver likes to bring u there . their seafood is very expensive ++. a meal for 4 cost us 5000 baht. we got a shock of our lives when we saw the bill. = sing dollar 200.

princessjen

Gd morning all,

ITS FRIDAY!!!!
rofl.gif

Dear Winnie,

Can i hv a copy of yr compilation too?me leaving next mth 30oct stayg Arnoma Hotel. I wil look out 4 BKK city Inn..mayb next time can stay there..pretty cheap room rates. [email protected]

Dear askabride,

chinese food in chinatown r NAM SING & HAI WAI TIAN..bt i feel nam sing getting more ex n not nice..this time round i wil try e food in HAI WAI TIAN..
SPA: www.blooming spa.com
www.spaburi.com/default.htm
www.beingspa.com
www.spabangkok.com
www.tantaraspa.com

Dear Joy,

I met w this kind of situation b4 wheni when hatyai..usually the guests names wil only b updated on the day they chk in..Dun make yrself too panick
happy.gif

Dear Andreal,

my cols went to bloomingspa b4..n thumbs up for them..bt had hiccups on the way there..they chng 2 cabs n non of the driver actually knew the way..so they went back to hotel..ask hotel staff to get a taxi driver who knows the way there..pretty ulu place..

sirwin

Thanks princessjen. So u r familiar with airbus & boeing, huh? Coolz. I not too sure on tis cos I tot a client can get airbus or boeing to customise their plane accordingly to their preferred configuration like SQ giving more leg room space by reducing seating capacity as in e SG-NY flight.

Thanks, winnie. Veri detailed info indeed!

[OT for tis once]
Hi Sugarbabe, yes, u r rite, fr Apr-Jun, see my archive replies earlier in ho bee thread.
happy.gif

touraco

win
mine is without breakfast,i think. u booked online? i booked thru asiatravel website, the person emailed me and said that there won't be any reservation number but the details are being fed directly to the hotel. i am actually quite scared when i go there, no rooms for me then die. how is ur booking done?

am flying off on 11th

touraco

joy
all i know is that the tailor is near nana BTS. are they good? i will be visiting mostly on the day i reach bkk so can have more time if need aleration. how much roughly do you know?

sirwin

hi touraco,

yes, via directrooms.com. I've a confirmation email by them & tis is wat I'll print out & bring over there. I saw a reservation ID on e email, but while there is a reservation ID issued by directrooms, but if hotel didnt capture tis info
into their database, I'll also suffer e same fate as wat u feared juz tat I've a black-n-white to fight tis case.

Mine is with ABF for 1,760b per nite, but come to tink of it, take their bf for 5 consecutive morning? I dun tink so I wan so I've mailed to them to exclude ABF yday nite to bring dwn e price to 1,200++b, I'll pay on adhoc basis if I wan to eat their bf provided we rest well fr previous day "battle" of cox.
biggrin.gif

touraco

win
yah...i also have an email from them confirming the hotel. must pray hard now lor.

i guess we decided to go out and eat rather than eat the same old breakfast in the hotel too..heehee

postpet2

seems quite a few of us are looking to tailoring in BKK..

May I know how much should we be looking at?
i don't need a super good material. a basic one will do...

touraco

postpet2
i heard someone mentioned in the forum that at jackie's it's S$200 for a jacket, pants, 2 shirts and using best quality material.

i am not sure if it's the case now.

esterlla

hi postpet,

i think it's usually 24 hours turnaround , but better to give me 2 days, think I will go tailor once i touch down on 11 nov.

Hi win,
Can check with the hotel if your data is captured. Think yours should be captured in ur name, unlike mine, which is under the thailand travel agent. I have not called to check mine yet, no time today.

pooh_ger

Win,
U're most welcome.......

Touraco,
u booked ur hotel thru asiatravel website den u should have a reservation no. eg(BN:1234)! Is ur co-ordinator Brenda?

johnandrachel

Hello,

win,

wah all your discussion so long. took me 20 min to finish reading. Me beri b c so din log on much. anyway can forward me the list that winnie send you? [email protected] thanks yah.

seems tat a few of us experience some admin problem. well for me i just call them and blast them to come up with something (consumer rights keke...)if not just cancel and get somewhere else. tong jia bu da, da xi jia lor. sure got people want to do your business one. so people out there don worry lor. want DIY go directrooms i support them. efficiency is good. cheap also. (win can vouch for that too)

Mooncake festival coming har you people enjoy hor. want buy good mooncake go goodwood park hotel. beri beri nice. I going chinese garden to 'set fire' to their lanterns tmorrow. hope don rain.

take care all. log in another day. got appt liao.

postpet2

touraco,joy,

I hope $200 is acceptable..dunno wanna kenna shock when reach there...need to bargain or not ah...
joy: you've tailored before? I'll go when i reach...wanna give them enuff time too...
I think the few tailors mentioned are:
1. Joy Collection
2. A tailor in Bangkok Palace
3.Jackie's

Anymore?

andreal

hi,
anyone know where's the 'clever god' at chatuchak?..heard fr my fren say can pray?

hi joy,
okie more fan xin hor, but if u can check out abt the agent booking wif the hotel oso beta lar..hehe.

hi Sugarbabe,
hhaha u too kena addicted huh? compiling more info for nxt trip issit..yup heard its rainy season till oct? my that fren got the $1 to phuket sumthing like dat so damn happy. u know he open 7 browser to book leh, adoi...:p

hi win,
oh u too intend to mtm huh?..i heard narry's material is of high quality and beta color range.

hi princessjen,
hey same here, went to both restaurants b4... felt Hai Wai Tian beta esp. the sharkfin. The price is cheaper, potions of foods still as big.
Abt bloomingspa..exactly cos the place is at rachadapisek rd. Along there oso got alot of spas, pubs lar...some part can be sleazy. The boss adviced to make a appt b4 going down esp wkend. And b4 we go, she told us to ask the hotel staff to hail the taxi.

hi winnie,
yup got ur mail! thks alot!
happy.gif

hi postpet2,
there is a tailor at bangkok palace? i din know dat..in that case its convenient to go check out joy collection since both are so near. Saw a few more tailors ard the same area..by indian? mayb u guys can reki too *S*

pooh_ger

touraco,
i'll forward u a sample copy of our booking made with asiatravel via the internet.There's a contact no. so maybe u wanna try to contact them & check on ur bookings. Hope dis can be helpful to u!

princessjen

Hi poor ger,

Think u missed my request.Could i hv a copy of yr compilation too? [email protected]

Hi win,

my knowledge on aircrafts oso "half bucket of water only"..me got many stewardess fren..knowledge cm from them..
lol.gif

Hi touraco,

I m not beri sure whether the spas cater for men?mayb u can call u to chk?pai sei nvr been to any spa in BKK yet.wil visit blloming spa this time round.

HI andreal,

i wil def. hail a cab to bloomingspa to avoid the same thing from happening like my cols.did u enjoy the spa there?looking fwd manz...
lame.gif

postpet2

Hi andreal,

Yeah..that's what i gathered from the post above...
Think there is one more called Julie Cotton..

Think i will racki the Joy Collection and Bangkok Palace one..

Anyone going to BKK to tailor before my trip in Oct?

sirwin

Hi John,

looong time no cya here.

So far service from directrooms, but e last change I requested from them is to exclude breadfast for 5 nites, but while they managed to did tat, my no. of nites from 5 become 4, so where can we zzzz on e 10th Nov? anyway, ve emailed them to recify soonest...at e end is 285b cheaper x 5 nites. Touraco has better rate from asiatravel at 1404b as mine is 1475b.

Hi Andreal, yup, if possible at joy collection. For me, pants only, dun noe wat my wife wan, it ll be more clearer when we go dwn & take a look at their stuff/pricings. The thing is, tis is a last min decision cos we are nw discussing on tailoring...dun noe ll materialise or nt.

Hi princessjen, cos "the other half bucket of water" is with mi here,,,wanna mi to return bck to u?
biggrin.gif

muddle_ger

Hi gals..
I book my package for my 3rd Dec trip liao ..
Valuair for 2 persons, 4 days 3 nights, asia hotel(daily breakfast, half day floating market or temple tour)

Cost: S$539 airport tax on SG side included.
Bangkok side will need to pay add 500 Thai Bucks

Is it cheap or expansive?

princessjen

Dear win, i wil leave the "half bucket of water"here..rem to pick up
rofl.gif

Hi muddle ger,

I think is pretty expensive leh..cos i calculate based on valuair @ 189+49=$238, hotel asia shouldnt b too ex...bt anyway yr travel date is during the sch hols so mayb pricey abit lor

emcee

hi princessjen, Winnie

I think is far too ex liao... based on ur valuair calculation of 238 and hotel rate at current should be around 180... so addup to be 418.... holidays surcharge of 120 is far too much liao leh...

dioscuri

winnie: I just booked my trip to bkk at NATAS ytd... flying SQ on 12 Nov... 5D4N, staying at sol twin towers, 1/2 day city tour, airport transfer, s'pore side taxes, breakfast incl only $550 leh.