Bangkok

princessjen

Hi Yenny,

My fren paid THB790 for 2 person leh..
k later i chk for u again..update u later
ya u better book yr rooms early as yr travel date as HOT HOT
wink.gif

By the way, do any1 of u know that in BKK certain plcs there is a service to pay yr purchases in SGD when u use yr credit card?

esterlla

hi yenny,

princessjen is right, you have better book your room earlier as that period is hot!

Hi princessjen/ win,

Thanks for the advice. Heh heh, actually, i am departing by airasia but coming back by tiger coz got wedding dinner on 14th nov. So had to call both airlines.I called tigerairway, but they said i have to email. Heard from friends tht they never reply emails. Air asia says it's ok....so weird...
Well, at least I learnt some lessons.

princessjen

Hi JOyce,

Yr frens are rite...when i was tryg to book for my tics,the webpage suddenly cannot b found after i entered my card details..tat time their hotline not out yet so email them to chk if my card has been charged.Then UNTIL NW
angry.gif
no reply..i hv to cal the bank so many times to make sure dun hv that amt been charged.
Heng ah airasia not that strict..

princessjen

Dear all,

Managed to find the hotel address only

Reno Hotel
40 Soi Kasemsan 1 Rama1 Rd. Pathumwan Bangkok 10330 Tel.2150026-7 Fax.2153430

sirwin

Hi princessjen,

yes, do shared with us e "shortcut/tricks" to e queue, dun wan to sit separately with my wife...hee. If realli can select seats for early birds, tat ll be gd! Joyce is leaving on e 11 Nov, rite? Oni Yenny grp & my grp leaving on e 10th Nov.

Hi Yenny, is e hotel tat u wan to avoid: - Asia Hotel .
lol.gif
Yes, Yenny, e dates tat we travelled r hot dates, better get e rms cfm asap.

Hi Joyce, if u bk online via tiger airways website, their outsrc call ctr will nt be able to help u as they do nt ve e web transaction info, & yes, their web booking is unstable, better to book via their call ctr till their system stabilised. thnks.

esterlla

Hi win,

I am leaving on the 11nov...I booked via their website, so now I have to wait for their email which I don't know will ever come .....
So inefficient....

princessjen

Hi win,
Aiyo u so sticky to yr wife 1 meh?
part for 2 hrs oso cannot har?
hehehe
rofl.gif

HI Joy,

u are sayg u booked the tics aredi n email have not send to u yet?it shouldnt b tat way..the moment i click confirm,the webpage hv the full details u hv entered n i rec the email(with booking no) straight after tat..think u better cal to double confirm

esterlla

Hi princesjen,

No no, i meant my email inquiring whether the names on the airtickets require to be the full name on the passport ... I got confn email liao!
When are you leaving?

obaesom

Hi All,

I have uploaded those pics, was there Mid-August.

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ttan1109/my_photos

There is no online reservation for Reno Hotel, but ther are plenty of rooms available. Its Air-con, TV, Heater ,Balcony and Swimming pool. Price 980 Baht(~S$40).

Taking the River Taxi is very simple, just board the boat and pay the conductor 8 baht and U can alight at any station.

sirwin

Hi Joy,

better call e call ctr & demand to them to escalate your case to e tiger airways pples cos ur claims is justifiable. U shld ve e reservation ID email or fax if ur flight is cfm.

sirwin

Hi princessjen, ya lor, previously before budget airlines, most of us r with other airlines on allocated seats, so no wori, but tis time rd to try on free seating model, it like everyone got to find their own seats on e spot, so more or less u noe singaporean mindset, wanna to grp together where possible esp when we dun noe hw e arrangement like on tat day itself. Btw, U travelling with ur bf/hubby or with frens also?

Hi Joyce, I c, I book via phone booking, when I asked for name change, it was done on e spot for mi, so no reason for them to drag even though u r enquirying on it, can request for name change in your email to be on e safe side.

yennyh

Hi princessjen... any reply from your friends yet regarding First Hotel?? Are they book their rm through internet? Which website? Try to get more info from your friends please..pls... Thanks..

princessjen

HI win,

me joking w u only lah
i hv found out from my mgr liao..aiyo abit disastrous leh..he say once the gate open..every1 cheong to the gateway lounge abit messy leh..in SG stil got control since got no. srquence..bt in TH even thou got no. all passengers board aircraft at the same time..my mgr n wife stil manage to sit together lah
u are rite lah sure got pple buay zi tong somehw..

Hi JOyce,

me wil b travelling w my FH n 1 couple fren..
do u know tat actually airasia dun hv aero bridge to the gate?my mgr saw those pple reach BKK take bus after embarking from aircraft..

princessjen

Hi Yenny,

They stayed at main wing..booked from direct rooms too...they not particular abt hotel as long as its cheap(bt farnee they travel by SQ)
crazy.gif
bcos of yr travel period it wil b THB960 for main wing..of cos if u lookg at tower wing,its wat u hv got THB1,215..

I din ask them abt ABF..heard Siam Sq many shoes to buy..aiyo making my heart itchy itchy liao
wink.gif

U not out for lunch yet?

sirwin

Hi princessjen,

of cox no wori. well fr e way u desc. e situation, i'm more or less "prepared" for it. If there is a queue line, it's ok, e oni thing is oni diff. pples formed diff. queue line, so which is which. thnks u to ur mgr for his exp. with free seating airflight. A gd exp. though.
happy.gif

princessjen

Yo!!
Happy mooncake festival in adv.

Dear win,

there bound to hv some hiccups here n there...esp tis is free seating policy..so everything for yrs is confirmed liao huh?
nw me trying do up my route plannin...after drop luggage in hotel can cheong 4 shopping liao
rofl.gif

163378.gif

emcee

Hi Yenny, Princessjen

There shouldn't be a 5 mins walk to the BTS. Went there 2 yrs back... the BTS station is linked to the Asia Hotel 2nd Floor. In such, it's within seconds that you can reach the station.

This is the reason why I wanted Asia Hotel the coming trip... but too bad is that when i booked with the tour agency, Asia Hotel is full and I given Eastin Hotel instead. I had requested them to put me under the waiting list for Asia lor...

Yeah ... I will be there for 7D6N from 10 Nov too...

rally

hi yenny,

if u interested in first hotel, the cheapest i found for main wing is US21 for tower wing is US26 all breakfast included. hope it helps

sirwin

Hi princessjen,

flight + hotel cfm liao, nw also slowly planning e routes alg e way. Like yenny, still srcing for e various plc of interest to go besides shopping/makan.

esterlla

Hi win, princessjen,

Finally, i got the 2 airlines to change to our full names in the passport! Phew! I heard that there are good tailors in BKK. Wanted to tailor some blouse for work. Any good recommendation anyone?

Princessjen, you can share with us your experience in BKK when you come back!

Shoes!?! Did I see it correctly? I usually go gaga over bags and shoes. Have told my bf that I am going to buy buy buy and spa spa spa.

THB790 /nite is cheap? Is it with ABF? I am paying $200 for 4D/3N for hotel+ transfers+1/2 day city tour...It's $55 for the standard room without the rest..where did they book the room?

princessjen

Dear Emcee,
I am actually telling yenny abt First Hotel to BTS at Asia Hotel which is 5mins walk..tats y i say u win our dear SIrwin liao..7d6N..think my FH wil say i gila if i request to go so many days..
lame.gif
....wow so fast asia hotel aredi fully booked.

Hi Yenny,
U beri onzzzz on sight seeing hor..tel u all frankly my time in BKK always sho shop shop..eat eat eat n nothing else..this time wil include spa spa spa..
biggrin.gif

Hi Win,
Any makan places to share?me wil be going for spa at Let's relax..recommend by my sales mgr..
go to www.bloomingspa.com

Hi joyce,
happy for u leh..at least make the changes then can "an xin" if not u nvr know wat wil happen in the airport..ya my cols told me so many shoes ti buy in Siam Sq...5pairs...i was like
uhoh.gif
..as for tailors they told me can jus get any tailors in the hotels or shops along the streets..their workmanship is gd n fast..MUS BARGAIN!!!!!me intend to make dresses oso..c hw lah..yeah THB790 is def. cheap if u are not particular abt rooms..they booked from directrooms.com

rally

Joy,

There are many tailors but generally be wary of those that offers many items (2suit, pants, dress, blouse etc) at ridiculous prices (eg USD200.) These are generally of inferior material. Also try not to go for those that guarantee u done in 24hrs or less.

For dresses or suits, make sure u get at least 2-4 fittings so that assured of best fit. Make sure u dun rush if not workmanship might not be good.

For normal tailor clothing, i suppose 24hrs job is sufficient but if u gonna spend USD200 on a nice dress, do it properly. There are alot of bad tailors in BKK.

Try Julie Cotton and Thai Silk near Oriental Hotel at Silom. I think it is good. Do a search n read all comments abt the tailors.

emcee

Hi Princessjen

OIC... thought that u all talking abt Asia.

Anyway, I planned to fly on 11 Nov and back 16 Nov which is 6D5N... but can't get air tickets at tour agency ... so no choice lor....

actually i got another better deal which i gave up because too many days liao...

8D7N by Cathay Pacific from 10 Nov at $451 ... but too siong liao..as 8D i also dunno wat to do....

sirwin

Hi princessjen,

Emcee's agenda might nt oni be shopping/makan/spa mah,,,like mi, & pples juz need to take 2-3 days leave to enjoy so many days outside sg. your bf muz understand if u tried to justify for x'tra days there.
biggrin.gif

So far apart fr sightseeing info, I merely complied some plc gathered fr e various BKK threads into makan, shopping, spa/massage categories so far, ll post it up here once I typed those info in my doc. I'll ask ur mgr's recommendation in to my list as well. The prices look ok to mi. thnks.

Hi rally, so wat e reasonable leadtime to get a nice dress done up properly? muz make sure to cater enuff time to complete b4 we go bck to sg.

emcee

Hi Joy

Thanks. anyway... my ticket is out liao... so i will be flying on 10 Nov... underthe SQ promotion lor... for info that' s the last day to leave spore....

actually... no intention for SQ one... beacuse my wife never take SQ before.. so sayang her a bit lor

rally

win,

i think 3-4 days is ok as long as u can do at least 3-4 fittings. bkk tailors can really do a good copy so bring along photos or the actual clothing u wanna duplicate.

princessjen

Gd morning all,

163631.jpg

wow emcee/win, u all really beri sweet to yr wife hor...so envy...FH leave everything for me to plan abit headaches lor..I am also compiling my notes...once ready let all of u know..
wow got 4 pple going te same period liao..

Hi rally,

my cols did suit/dress @ THB4,000..isit consider expensive??i dun think i wil spend USD200 for suit..wil take note of the tailor u recommend..i m actually thinkg of tailor made a tube dress w thai silk..duno if its possible
happy.gif

esterlla

princessjen,

I am also in the same boat as you. My bf leave everything to me. Come to name change with the airlines, I got to do it. He was just saying we will leave the agent to do everything for us the next time. Less trouble that way!

postpet2

this thread is really happening for bangkok...

I'm planning to go to Bangkok, hopefully next month and got rather excited with all the postings on shoes, bags, shopping, makan...hahah...

You ladies mention tailoring in Bangkok...I'm interested in getting my father/FIL suit done there as well...anyone have good recommendation? I won't be there long, maybe for 4 days only...
Are all of you going in Nov? No one going next month?

emcee

Hi princessjen, Joy

I have initially wanted to DIY also.... went to different budget airlines webby then to hotel webby...i only pay less than $50 dollars more if i get a tour agent to do so...

so i decided to let the tour angecy to do so lor.... now i waiting to collect tickets only.

As for the planning there... i only requested to be at the chatuchup weedend market for the sat and sun only... the rest of the days letting her to decide....

princessjen

Hi Joy,

bt if we do ourselves we get wat we wan..keke..
lol.gif

some more i insist to go spa this time round..bt hor if u wan cost-saving trip to BKK,i think DIY is stil cheaper leh, u think so?

Hi postpet2, me me..going next mth on 30oct..when u plan to travel?as for tailor made,i hv nvr tried b4..mayb this time..u can refer to rally's post..recommendation is in silom near Oriental Hotel..

Hi Emcee,

qn for u??u really do emcee for pple?i oso wana ask agnecy do save my trouble leh..bt wedding coming then wana hv cost saving trip so DIY lor..
bt i tel my FH liao..next time honeymoon i m not going to DIY..beri tiring..n not many chances i can always surf net in the ofc..

princessjen

Hi Obaesom,

by lookg the pic, wow like really beri far leh...
hw come my cols stayed in First Hotel, they say walk only 5mins har?like tat duno Yenny stil wana stay there anot?

sirwin

princessjen/yenny, both of U r doing a gd DIY/planning job, though at times cld be a hassle, like change tis, change tat, when both of U reached BKK, *heaven* liao & all ur hard wrk finally yield results.

I ve calculated cos i recently went to recee & happened to see from 1 agency, for pkg for my nov period & based on e hotel tat I ve booked, i.e. Asia hotel, $298 for 3D2N via Garuda(excl. taxes).
so based on my 6D5N need to topup $180 for add. 3 more nites, we saved closed to $150 via DIY route (but no airport transfer) though it's a totally diff. airline as doesnt matter since nt SQ anyway.

some plcs like HK, BKK, Aust, KL/genting etc. can DIY but nt as easy as to plcs like korea or europe, so realli depend on dest.

yennyh

Hi... I changed my mind, not staying First Hotel because their check-in time is 2pm and my flight arrive BKK 10am. We dun want to waste time waiting for a room and that period is Hot-hot, I afraid I have to wait till 2pm..

Win,.. actually I dun mind walk for 10-15mins. Me and my husband like to walk-walk and see-see, no rush, enjoy-enjoy...

yennyh

Hi all... no reply regarding Damnoen Saduak Floating Market...
sad.gif

I plan to go Grand Palace 11Nov morning after breakfast. Should I go there by tuk-tuk or cab?? Any advices? How much if go by tuktuk? tuktuk need to negotiate, right?

obaesom

Hi Yenny,

Too Far!Located 80 kilometres south west of Bangkok ( 2 hrs drive), Damnoen Saduak is the most popular of the many floating markets outside Bangkok. Busy and noisy, literally hundreds of boats crowd the market area in the early morning selling everything from fruit to clothing. The market is also very popular with visitors but you need to get there very early in the morning to see the real thing..So U wake up 4am??

Short distance can take Tuk-tuk, best U take a cab to GP and make sure the Meter is ON and DO NOT let them bring U to any Jewellery Place! Beware!

emcee

Hi princessjen

Answer to your question.... I'm trained to do emcee, currently I do free emcee for community centre/RC events near my place... other than that, I do simple wedding emcee for friends or freind's friend on special request....
Yes ... i wanted to save the hassle on DIY... that's why get tour agency..

Hi Yenny
As for Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, the fact were all stated by Obaesom already...you can check with your hotel to see whether they arrnage for the tour there for you.... i understand that most hotel do so... the best time to be there is from 8am to 11am.... I in the mean of surfing for some other place of interest at Damnoen Saduak so that my trip of 2 hrs there is not wasted.... will let you know if i can get some info...

postpet2

Hi princessjen,

if all goes well, it means i'll go BKK earlier than you...possibly on mid oct...

rally got intro some place har?? ok me scroll up..
but got anymore ladies with recommendation...

esterlla

Hi princessjen

DIY is less restrictive and more freedom to move around. Do you know if the standard room at hotel asia have windows? I have just wrote to the hotel for direct confirmation but they have nt replied yet. Scared that my travel agent " play me out" coz my bf says that the agent looks like the fly by night kind.

jol

Hi Yenny,

For the Floating market, it's at least a half day tour. It is in the outskirt of BKK.

I joined the 1/2 day tour when in BKK. Tour starts around 7am. A coach will fetch you from hotel to the operating centre to the 'river'.

The floating market is a rather small stretch of a canal. You can either choose to walk along it or take a boat ride. Suggest to go for a boat ride for the experience. You can try the bargaining game there... pay around only 20% of their first quotation as they quote really high!

On the return trip, the tour will have stop over at some temples. If you are on a 1 day trip, Rose Garden should be one of the destination.

princessjen

Hi win,

totally agree w u lah...DIY means own time own target ah mah..stil halfway to go b4 i finish my planning..
happy.gif

Hi Yenny,

So wic hotel hv u decided to stay?aiyo soli cannot answer yr qn leh..nvr been there b4..cos my FH got bad experience in Floating market when he used to visit there w his parents..he say he oso cannot tahan the smell himself let alone me..
lame.gif

Hi emcee,

wow me impressed...got interest in doing emcee..

Hi postpet2,

hv u decide yr travel date yet?will u b takg any budget airline?then u wil b e 1st one updating us on hw tigerair system is..

Hi Joy,

my last stay in asia hotel hv windows in my room...bt not sure whether is standard rm anot..did u send yr email to:[email protected]

sirwin

Hi all,

Stanchart got promo during tis wkend NATAs Fair, can redeem VCD/MP3 player or Trolley bag if U charge to tis card, so do take note if some of u r there shopping for gd BKK deal!

Jo, yes, if gtg to diff. plc of interest nt tat straightforward, guessed i'll join their local tour tied up with e hotel(anyone noe of local tour near siam ctr tat provide 1/2 day or 1 day tour?) cld be cheaper but prepared for driver/tour guide tips on top of tour price.

pooh_ger

Hi all,
i've been to bkk for so many times but hav not got sick & tired of the shopping & food there! For hotel wise i would strongly recommend "Bangkok City Inn" hotel per rm per nite is @950baht c/w ABF it is located next to Arnoma Hotel or the Big C directly opp the WTC.
Their service & room service food is excellent. But must beware of taxi driver outside hotel cos they will send u to gem factory b4 sending u to ur destination.

Pls also beware of this travel agt located at Apollo Centre #02-xx. We somehow feel cheated by their staff ended up paying but did not travel.

Any1 interested to noe the full name & exact address of this travel agt can PM me cos not convienece to post it here.
Cheers