Any Korean drama serial fans here?

aquarius_888

Thanks Mindy!
happy.gif

mayumi

can i confirm someting? read smewhere that the theme song of Stained Glass is sung by Lee Dong Jun (one of the male lead)? any 1 noes? cos i tink it's quite a nice song...
happy.gif

naoki

haha... stumble upon this thread

i only started watching this year
hv watched a couple and recently just completed Full House (must watch!), Sang-Doo (a big letdown), Lovely Samsoong (Must watch) and now watching Stained glass.

Also had caught a few parts of Princess Lulu and the first ep of Wedding.. not too bad so far.

So like FH that i bought the DVD online.

If you also like Japanese drama, Last Christmas is a must catch. Its lovely and all the SNOW is so beautiful

melodyboo

ching2627, if i am not wrong this show Oh My Beloved? might be same as "san doo, lets go to school..."
not so nice... can skip... unless u really like rain or lee dong jun...

Just finish Love in Harvard... nice...

cheerio

Melody, the second male lead in Love in Harvard very dashing right?
kao_drool.gif

I love the part when Jin Tai Xi is wiping the AIDs patient and Jin Lai Yuan keeping gazing at her.. hahaha..

Hey, shall we have a nomination of 4 of the most dashing male korean actors and prettiest lead ladies in our mind? It will be fun
kao_clap.gif

melodyboo

hi cheerio,

i'll second that... but i may have problem deciding who to choose though... hee hee... so many guys so little time... ha ha ha...

picture of love in harvard
310044.jpg

cheerio

heh heh Melody, naughty naughty ah you
biggrin.gif

ok, for me, it will be:

my fav suave guys:
1)Kwon Sang Woo (Stairway to Heaven)
2) Ji Jin Hee (Da Chang Jin)
3) Kim Nam Jin (First Love of a Crown Prince)
4) Jang Hyuk (Volcano High, Bright Girl)
5)Kim Rae Won/Lee Jung Jin - tie (Love in Harvard)

my fave beauties:
1) Sun Yi Zhen (Summer Scent)
2) Kim Tae Hee(Love in Harvard)
3) Sung Yu Ri (First Love of a Crown Prince)
4) Jin Xian Zhu (Glass Shoes)
5) Jin He Na (Piano)

back to you girls now!!
kao_kiss.gif

mayumi

juz started watching "Save the last dance".. read earlier reviews that it's quite nice?! now at disc 5, tink the gan chiong part haven't start yet.. haa..
duno if it's juz me, but now that i started watching korean drama, i got no interest in jap dramas.. Got new jap drama yesterday on channel u by Mu chun tuo zai, but switch it off after awhile..
happy.gif

kangeroo_gal

hey, i'm also watching 'save yr last dance' now, stopped at disc 4 cos the person who rented the next 8 disc haven return .. sigh ... so slow ..
i agree, somehow the jap show a bit 'bo liao' to me liao .. but i started with jap dramas last time .. society changed, preference also changed..

reismion

hi aquarius_888

"dae jang geum" is a must-buy!!! mi watched it like 3 times over liao. still v nice to watch. watch until my bro complain. :p

mayumi

heard that he was the "bad" guy in All in?

anyhw, watched disc 11 of "Save your last dance" yesterday nite.. mm.. tink the plot is abit slow.. now then the story starts to get abit mre gan cheong.. hee..

personally, i prefer "Stained glass" storyline; but pity abt the ending.. sian.. so any 1 noes whether the "Stained glass" theme song is by Lee dong gun??
happy.gif

mayumi

heee... finished the whole series liao! ok lar, happy ending!!
happy.gif
now duno wat other show to c? my mum watching "Spring days". but i got no int leh.. call me shallow, but once i see the female lead actress, i get turned off liao.. haaa...
duno wat to watch next? "Full house"? tink alot of ppl say nice?!

sherine

Hi,

I am a new Korean drama serial fan...hee => got hooked to it after watching Stairway to Heaven. Does anyone know where i can rent the VCDs either in the east or central Singapore?? Thanks!

naoki

Yes, yes Mayumi... must watch Full House, Jewel in the Palace, Million Dollar Bride, Bride 18, and when My Lovely Samsoong is here in Singapore, also must watch.

joey79

I was besotted with Korean Dramas after watching Lovers in Paris.. :p

right now contemplating whether to watch Da Chang Jin or Full House 1st.. :p any suggestion?

And, is it worthwhile to buy the VCDs or to rent them?

naoki

hi joey

big question which one first???? both also nice only jewel in the palace is very long lah... many many disc... full house has only 16 ep faster and easier to finish...

then another big question buy or rent??? buy when you really love to keep them (like i bought FH DVD after watching it, now i've watched the third time liao); rent - how abt renting from your friends (i'm sure its free!)

Lovers in Paris also rather interesting... her new drama Princess Lulu is only a so-so drama.. - dont' understand why korean dramas are always rather stereotyped 'dramatic'and 'traumatic'.

dolphin48

naoki, u also korean drama fans ah.... haha...

FH is nice and funny..... watch mid way now and can't want to finish it.
Actually i find Spring Days a bit draggy leh.... still left 8 episodes but not keen to watch leh....

naoki

hahah daphne...how come u also here ah? i happen to search for some korean comments and ended up here... actually i only fan of good-ending, funny, korean dramas.. those koo-ti-ti ones,i don't watch one...i am japanese drama one - like the last one i watch "last christmas" that i also bought the vcd to keep for myself haha

i've studied jap for a long time liao, currently practising korean but somehow always mix them with my japanese. Whenever i translate the korean to japanese, i ended using the korean nouns rather jap.. hehehe

Hi mayumi, nope i don't fancy OST but if 1 or 2 songs, maybe i try to get from friends or download (oops) hahaha. if i really like the songs or the singer/group, then i'll buy the korea/japan version.

naoki

honto ni? ah ger re yo? ('Really?' in jap and korean) - shld practice lah..its a very nice language compared to korean.

i've completed stained glass... so so lah.. typical korean drama... O Bi sheng and Feng Shunying -- also not bad lah..

mayumi

me tinking of learning jap/korean.. heard the 2 languages quite similar, so tat's y the koreans find it (japanese language) easy to pick up? so which one 1st? jap or korea? cos i also watch jap anime.. heee...

naoki

Hi mayumi, i would say jap is easier to learn - korean has a very different way of prounciation thus we may find it difficult to speak. Korean is more chinese got words like wun dung zang (yun dong chang - stadium).

i oso watched anime - Hiraku no Go, Prince of Tennis, Fruit Basket, Gong Qi Jun's series also

kfan

Annyonghaseyo ladies
Just discovered this site by chance and I must say I am one of a big fan of korean dramas. Just finished Love in Harvard, Stained Glass & Save my Last Dance.. these are very nice dramas I strongly recommended. I also completed my Level 5 Korean and finds its really interesting but its true more difficult than Japanese.. I just completed my Level 1 Japanese. Cheers & hope to talk to you ladies again...

mayumi

wow.. 5 levels korean? 1 level jap? hmmm.. so normally, hw many levels do i need before i can watch jap anime without referring to the subtitles? heee...

*naoki - i'm now watching Naruto & Inuyasha.
happy.gif

naoki

yeh.. karen.. what is 5th level? is it the highest already? like japanese JLPT? I've completed 3 & 4 but failed my JLPT level 2
happy.gif
will prob try again lah.

My song-seng-nim wants me to take my first level in korean next year - she told me its like the JLPT type of proficiency examination.

ha, mayumi, i currently trying to catch up with the Miyazaki's series. Finally also finished Anego, Gokusen, Style (i dinot managed to catch it on tv). I tried to listen most of the time but it is not easy.. easier on anime though.
happy.gif

cubby

hi,
i'm also a korean drama lover. After watching STairway to heaven esp 1 & 2, rush to the store & bought it as so eager to find out wats next heehee. Kwon Sang Woo is sooo suave, agreeed?

There's another drama, Sad Sonata by Kwon Sang Woo (Stairway to Heaven) & Kim Hee Sun. ANyone watch it? Nice?

cheers

muakz

I bought a new drama without checking properly. Tested 1 disc yesterday & found out it does not have Malay subtitle, so I'm unable to watch. The drama is A Royal Prince's First Love. I'm selling off at $28, anyone interested? Brand new, I opened the seal to test 1 disc only.

muakz

Hi ching2627,

Yes comes with Chinese subtitles & also Chinese dubbing or original Korean language.

I have a few others for sale also. Something 1%. 18 Year Old Bride. The Nymph & The Con Artist.

mayumi

watching Full house now.. must agree that Song Hui Qiao's acting quite gd.. at 1st couldn't imagine her doing comedy, but quite cute leh..
happy.gif
n dun understd y the 2nd female actress got to always show part of her bras/cleavage? haa...

micky12

Suz,

How much u are selling 18 year old bride? I do think u overprice for Royal Price 1st love cos yahoo auction is selling at $25 i think.

muakz

hi micky,
18 year old bride selling at $25. royal prince is totally new, unwatched, which u will be able to tell from the mint condition of the discs. how much is yr offer, i can consider. thanks.

groundnuts88

Hi,

I'm totally crazy over korean dramas. Hv watched many dramas and movies. Juz finished Stain Glass. Currently am watching Sad Love Story aka Sad Love Song. Some even call it Sad Sonata. Of cos the story is truly truly sad... must always standby a box of tissue when watching. Highly recommend this drama...
Anyone seen Spring Day or Memories in Bali or Save the Last Dance? Cannot decide which drama to watch next.....

mayumi

finished watching Full Hse liao!!! nice story.. Rain & Song Hui Qiao looked so happy/blissful in the end..
happy.gif
got rumours say tat they r together in real life yah?! heee...

*groundnuts88 - Save the last dance is nice..

ching2627

Hi Groundnuts88,

Will suggest you to watch Save the Last dance.. I just finished watching disc 10 last night. Get hook on it but continue anymore or else today cannot come to work.

So how is Stained Glass? I find that memories of Bali so so only

naoki

bali story - my friend said all in the end die... so i guess i will not watch.. i like to watch good ending, nice and beautiful .. bride 18 lah, full house lah, million dollar bride lah, xiaodao laoshi lah, my lovely samsoong...my wedding doesn't look too bad either.

Just got Sad Sonata... looks like another very sad drama... sianz...

mayumi

* hi naoki, u mentioned earlier that if u like the like the songs or the singer/group, u'll buy the korea/japan version? y got 2 versions?

also hor, read smewhere tat "My name is Kim Sxxxxx" (4got liao) is nice? another comedy also. is it the same as "my lovely Samsoong"?