Any big-sized brides with good boutiques to recommend?

  • Thread starter Thread starter big bride
  • Start date Start date
sandgirl72,
think WM posted the address in the rom thread, can check that thread out..
happy.gif
happy shopping, tonite i will be shopping for my rom shoes..eheh..
happy.gif
 


pebbles, important thing is u must like the design and colour that has been chosen lor since it's MTM
happy.gif


sandgirl, dun be discouraged!
happy.gif
we are big sized so OTR may not have that many designs for us to choose from but that doesn't mean we are restricted to certain colours and designs only... i've decided to go for MTM gowns whether for ROM or wedding after visiting some bridal shops, designer shops like daniel yam and even CK tangs and metro, cos i dun wanna feel disheartened by the limited range and size. but MTM is different, u can dream up any design and u can look at magazines and say that u want this this and that, and can discuss with designer wat can be done to enhance our figure and hide our flaws. somemore i dun have to feel "i finally found a gown that fits me but design wise i cannot hiam" and besides for MTM, i dun feel so stressed that i DIE DIE have to lose alot of weight, if i lose weight then it's a bonus but if not i can still fit into my gown... i'm the kind that i will pig out when i'm unhappy or stressed so i will eat more when i'm stressed not less kekeke...

cheer up and dun feel too stressed and disheartened okie..must keep happy then u'll look radiant on ur wedding day
happy.gif
 
hi soupie,
so far, im happy with my mtm rom gown though i have not seen it but cos i like baby colours and pink so im looking forward to trying it on next month also i always wanted a bustier so good for me just need a shawl to cover my big arms and i will be fine..ehhe..
happy.gif

and i agree with u...with MTM, we can have the design we want and wont' be restricted by the limtied sizes and colours..
happy.gif
 
Hi

Can i join in 2? Me 2 a big bride and hv MTM both my WG and EG. They turned out real well
happy.gif
I gave them some designs which I scouted fm imported US wedding magazines n they did almost similar n I give them 2 thumbs up. I m with Seletar broadway.

Ya, I agree with u gals - MTM gives us the freedom to wear what we want n the size we want w/o hving to feel out of breath when trying the too-small gowns out.
 
Hi soupie

Me only collecting my albums in 1st week Apr where they will give me back the proofs 4 the photos I chose, only then I can scan into the system. Will show u then
happy.gif
On top of the 35 which they gave me, I chose extra 30. Outdoor made up half n the other half of indoor.
 
hi ladies... good the very morning...
happy.gif


well i've been down with flu over the weekend and feel very tired so didn't come online lately.
sad.gif


pebbles & soupie, thank U vvv much for yr encouragement.

abrinas, can i ask who is yr designer for yr MTM WG n EG in Seletar Broadway? Cos me being a big size bride have also signed up with Seletar Broadway.

last week i went there to try ROM dress but none can fit me.. did U get yr ROM dress from them as well?

for my ROM dress, I've decided to MTM. So tonight i'm going down to meet Daniel of Allure Charix to ask for "HELP" and coming Fri going to meet Susan of Jawn.happy.ever.after for "2ND HELP"

it is really great to be online exchanging ideas with U ladies again! Cheers to everyone and happy working!
smile.gif
 
O, I don't need an ROM dress cos I m not ROMing, i am hving a church ceremony. There's only 1 designer in Seletar Broadway and that is Bao Chun. Ya, I know what you mean when trying on n none can fit. me also know tt I can't fit if to try OTR n n that's what happened when I went down for the 1st time to try. Tt's why b4 going down, I done my homework as to the design I want n I tried on a similar design n colour to c if it suits me n tt's that. My WG is ivory n EG is maroon.
 
abrinas
when i went for my ROM fitting last week, the lady attended to me is Mrs Chin. have U met up b4?

looking 4ward to seeing yr PS when it is ready. can i be included in yr mailing list for yr photos. my email address [email protected].

thank U in advance..
 
Ya, I hv seen Mrs Chin b4. She's quite nice altho some gals say she quite fierce. Sure, will add u in.
happy.gif
My pleasure. When's yr ROM? My wedding's on 21 June.

when collecting my photos, will be checking out my gowns 2 - might need to alter the length.
 
she is very nice and helpful. she will try to alter 1 of the ROM dress and let me try on end Mar.. but at the same time, she ask me to source for alternate.

My ROM on 03 May. Wedding on 20 and dinner on 21 Dec 03.

juz curious, for yr WG n EG, do u make them with sleeves?
wink.gif
 
My WG have sleeves n my EG don't hv. my EG in spaghetti straps but hv shawl.

Did u try on an ivory gown with sleeves n a maroon gown wth diamante straps? Most prob they r mine if they bring down from upstairs.
 
i tried the maroon gown but w/o diamante straps. oso a blue gown with high waist cutting..

but the armhole 2 small to fit my FAT arms
 
O, if it is OTR, believe they can alter 4 u if u like it. Did u find anything u like? If gowns belonging to would-be brides whose wedding not over yet, i think cannot lor.

Sometimes they will bring some gowns for u to try the design n colour if u decided to MTM both so tt u hv a feel of how the gown will look on u. I know I cannot fit into their OTR tt's why i decided to MTM from the beginning. But don't worry, Mrs Chin bound to be able to find something for u - we need a OTR gown for outdoor cos outdoor cannot bring MTM gowns n i managed to find one. If i can find one, u definitely can 2.

Don't worry, yr dinner's end of the year, there's still time. But if u want to MTM, give them ard 2 mths to do it. I waited ard 2 mths for them to complete.
 
Hi ladies,

Today my husband just told me maybe we should go have our photo shoot soon. Our initial plan is to have photoshoot in july. Now still so flabby!! How!?

Hubby says doesn't matter. "You are not the first plump bride. And I dun mind" That's what he said but I want to be mei mei leh...how huh??
 
hi shirley,
fyi, seraphim1970 has no more internet connection as she is leaving for USA this Friday. I'll see if I still have her email.. then i can forward to U...

don't worry about yr PS... trust the photographer as he is professional and he knows how to cover our 'liabilities' and turn it into 'assets' for us... cheers
wink.gif
 
hi abrinas..
tonight i went to Allure Charix and met up with Daniel (Designer cum boss). He is really GREAT!!

cfm my ROM package with him for a 2 pcs dress..

now i'm looking forward to my 1st fitting somewhere in Apr...

thank God for him.... really solve my BIG WORRY for my ROM dress...

thanks a lot for all yr words of encouragement..
 
Hi sandgirl72

Glad u found what you wanted and good that they r able to solve yr worry.
happy.gif
My pleasure. Just trying to be helpful.
wink.gif


U hv moved over to Allure Charix or just the ROM package u taking with him?

Hi shirley

It's ok to take photos. I also took photos when I m still flabby (i've always been flabby), still it turn out to be ok.
happy.gif
Just communicate with the photographer what u don't want to show n i m sure they will do their best.
happy.gif
my photographer asked me if I hv special requests n I just told him only 1 - no dbl chin pls!! We had a good laugh n in the end, most turned out quite nice
happy.gif
So, no worries.
 
Good morning everyone...

hi abrinas
i'm just taking the ROM package with them. but kind of regretted signing up with Seletar Broadway so early.. so have scoutted around b4 sign up..
wink.gif


btw, who is yr photographer and make up artist from Seletar Broadway?
 
Hi sandgirl72

My photographer's Ah Wai n make-up artist is Sally Foo.

Actually I also signed up quite early, i think Jan 02. Wah, i actually signed nearly 1.5 years b4. For me, I actually wasted $500 by signing on impulse with a bridal shop then signed up with Seletar at their bridal show at suntec cos FH quite like the offer that they gave us cos quite attractive so tt's why lah.
wink.gif
They tried to cover my wasted $500.
 
Hi Abrinas...

thanks for yr info... these 2 r quite popular in Seletar... juz curious.. ah wai is the young or old guy?
wink.gif


we signed up their package also at suntec last nov 02. my FH finds their price reasonable than we inquire from white link which is around $4300
 
Young one with blonde hair. Actually choose him cos he had blonde hair n to me ppl with blonde hair tend to be more outgoing
lol.gif
 
dear sandgirl and abrinas
thank you for your encouragement..Well, i can't do anything much right now either... can't lose 20kgs overnight...hehe..

seraphim, thank you for your link. You are leaving for usa today? hope this message is still on time. Please do take care...
 
Hi shirley

Tt's the spirit.
wink.gif


Can I ask - is Seraphim the one on one of the cover of the forum a couple of months ago?
 
hi gals,
fyi, Seraphim is leaving tis afternoon for USA.. tink she is in the airport now.. bidding 'tata' and 'c u soon' to her family, relatives and close frenz...
sad.gif


i will look 4ward to her return here with GOOD NEWS!
biggrin.gif


hi shirley, U r welcome! we r here to encourage each other to stay healthy, happy...
wink.gif
 
Hello beauties!

I am so happy to see this thread come to live again! Hehe have not logged in for a lllooonnggg while, and glad to see so many new big girls!

How are you Pebbles? Owe you a long e-mail...me jobless since Jan, and that's a long story. anyway had my photoshoot on 5 Mar and enjoyed it thoroughly, eventhough it was hotter than any day in recent memory! Am not having very high hopes for the pictures cos both FH and I GAINED weight prior to the PS! HAHA! Horror of horrors eh? But we are happy, so that's what counts
happy.gif
Maybe like you I will go Perth and do another PS in future!
happy.gif


Keep in touch!

Cheers,
Vivienne
 
Hihi ladies,

Indeed, most important thing is to be happy. Just like seraphim's pictures, she look so happy...No point having a nice body but the photos dun turn out good because we look half dead..hehehehee..
 
hi shirley,
yes i do agree with U totally... as long as we stay happy, healthy that is our blessing from God...
happy.gif


so when is our gathering? Pebbles, can we combine this with the other thread 'ROM May 2003'?
 
hi gals...
we r planning to have a gathering on this Friday 21 March after work. It is a combine gathering with gals from the other thread "Anyone gonna ROM in May 2003"...
happy.gif


would love to have as many of us to come along and join us for this gathering..
happy.gif


all r welcome!!! it is going to be FUN one...
happy.gif


send an email to either Pebbles ([email protected]) or Sandgirl72 ([email protected]) to tell us your attendance.
happy.gif


cheers....
happy.gif
 
hi girls,
have not made posting in here for a while and glad to see the thread growing..
happy.gif

As mention by sandgirl, we are having a gathering this coming friday, for those who are joining us please drop either me or sandy a mail..
happy.gif


mudpie,
hello....so nice to see yr posting ah...must share share your pics with us when it's ready ah...not to worry lah im sure both u and your FH will look really good...in the pics , most importantly, must be happy...regardless of all the mean things pple say..
happy.gif


Seraphim,
how's life in US, do send us some of your pics there ah and take good care of yrself..
happy.gif
 
hi ladies,

can i just ask where is the intended destination this coming friday? Would like to meet up too but now down with fever..
sad.gif
got to see how the progress is..
 
Hi ladies...

I am also a big bride and my probl;ematic area is my arm, as I swim a lot, i got really huge arm...not fat but muscle actually. Hence i really got problem finding a WG n EG sutiable for me as i need to cover up my big area...

Can i have a look at your pics so that i got some ideas on the design

Appreciate so much
 
Hi seraphim

can i have a look at ur pics too???pls send to [email protected].

Hi Abrinas...
i also sign up wif seletar broadway ler...so far i am happy wif their service...can i take a look at ur pics too......
 
Hi seraphim

can i have a look at ur pics too???pls send to [email protected].

Hi Abrinas...
i also sign up wif seletar broadway ler...so far i am happy wif their service...can i take a look at ur pics too......
 
hi girls,
for those we are joining us for our gathering, we have postpone it till next friday 28th of Mar..
happy.gif
sorry for the last min changes...
happy.gif


Hi shirley,
hope u get well soon, please drink more water...
happy.gif
and have lots of rest

Welcome to the big bride thread Love..
happy.gif
 
hi shirley
pls drink lots n plenty of water... rest well and don't worry about the gathering cos now we r postponing it till next Fri.. hope by then U r fully recovered and revitalise to join us...
happy.gif


hi love
welcome to this happy place! I will fwd on behalf of Seraphim her wedding pixs to U cos now she is in USA.
happy.gif
btw when is yr big day?
 
Hi all ladies,
hehe.... I am also a very "BIG" girl!!! UK size 20 leh!

Am sourcing for ROM gowns n normal days wear. Seems like all of you are sharing some photos, can you all share with me too? Cos I really find it a headache to find clothes!!

Thanks in advance!

[email protected](underscore, not spacing)
 
Hi sandgirl

Thanks for the e-mails. I got both already. Seraphim looks really happy in her pics. Have u taking yr PS already?
 


Hi Cheryl and Okeanosmao..
will forward both of U Seraphim's wedding pix when i'm back home tonight..
wink.gif


Hi Abrinas...
U r welcome. As my wedding is in Dec, so i guess maybe i will take my PS in Sept. Do remember to share with us yr photos when it is ready... thank U again in advance...
wink.gif
 

Back
Top