AD before Flat?

eteh3

hi juan,

just say u guys need some pte space or ask ur FH to make some excuse lar.
when will fernvale be ready?
u are going to stay with them till AD till fernvale?
can tahan till then or not?

what abt ur parents place?

juanjuan

i duno if i can tahan leh.....but now still waiting for letter to see if im shortlisted...if im not den i go for WIS haha...dats wat im hoping for now.....

apple68

<font color="ff0000">hello juan.. nice to see you here...</font>

<font color="ff0000">i'll probably stay with IL unless our house is ready before AD which I think unlikely.. i dun really feel comfortable staying with another family.. but no choice.. cannot ask him to stay at my place.. dun think my parents will be happy... then cannot rent a place outside cos his mum wont be happy.. sigh</font>

starrystarry

Me and my FH getting married next Oct. Till now we've not found a place that we truly like. Both of us doesn't have our own rooms, so we're thinking of renting a place to stay till we find a place we really like.
But I'm so glad that we are also not the "get married becos HDB needs us to submit the marriage cert" couple.
Anyway, seems like a lot of you guys staying SengKang area. So lucky, quite a lot of flats there to choose. I'm in the west, towards central, and not much new flats here (we dread Jurong West, so out of the pic) and resales are too old or too ex. So still thinking. Any suggestions?

eteh3

hi starrystarry,

u can try for the WIS in queenstown area. HDB opens up once in a while. check their website for most updates lor.

hi juan &amp; apple68,
why will ur parents be unhappy if u are staying with them? not as if u not giving them allowance.

i think my mom will be more worried if i told her i'm staying with my in-laws b4 my flat comes. coz of how scary my MIL is. she's more than happy for us to stay with them. at least she knows i'm well taken care of.

Juan,
u want to get a flat fast then why go for balloting? will be quite long wait leh. shld just try for WIS mah.

apple68

<font color="ff0000">hi eteh3</font>

<font color="ff0000">my parents wont be happy eventually cos my hubby is too pampered by his mum.. and if he lives with my parents.. i think both sides going to be very frustrated.. our upbringing is very different..</font>

<font color="ff0000">and i am still finding myself trying to adjust myself to his lifestyle n he to my lifestyle.. but in order not offend both sides parents.. what do to.. someone has to give in.. so i am "sacrificed".. sob sob</font>

<font color="ff0000">i try not to think too much about staying with IL...sob sob</font>

eteh3

hi apple68,
u have to really close an eye with ILs esp if they are so diff in lifestyle. Mine's also quite diff from ILs' but my FH is quite alike to mine coz he totally bochap his mom (the main pblm).

where is ur flat?

starrystarry,
this time round no luck, sign up for the HDB email thingy. so they will give u the updated news thru ur email. any other WIS, u will be informed 1st.
try next time again lor.

heard my FH say his fren's block in toa payoh still available for WIS. his location not bad.

eteh3

hi apple68,
u have to really close an eye with ILs esp if they are so diff in lifestyle. Mine's also quite diff from ILs' but my FH is quite alike to mine coz he totally bochap his mom (the main pblm).

where is ur flat?

starrystarry,
this time round no luck, sign up for the HDB email thingy. so they will give u the updated news thru ur email. any other WIS, u will be informed 1st.
try next time again lor.

heard my FH say his fren's block in toa payoh still available for WIS. his location not bad.

apple68

<font color="ff0000">Hi eteh3..ya.. really have to close both eyes.. but the main problem is his sis.. not the parents..</font>

<font color="ff0000">we ballot for Toa Payoh.. not sure if can get one.. if dun have.. buy resale.. then will solve the IL problem</font>

eteh3

hi starrystarry,
just heard my FH mention, apparently they will announce at abt 4am of the day of the WIS. his colleague woke up every day at 4am to read straits times (either online or the actual paper) then quickly go and get queue lor. he has 2 colleagues who wanted WIS so they spilt the work.they manage to get early 100+ in queue tis time.

hi apple68,
so bad that have to close BOTH eyes? hmm....hope u get ur flat soon, then confirm solve pblm. buy resale will take some time. so u can start searching oredi.

huan

hi Jacqueline &amp; eteh3,
r ur FH gonna stay with ur parents after AD?? if so, how glad i m to hear tis!!!! coz most prob we'll b doing the same since our flat will only b ready by ard 2009...

jenng

Hi Huan,

Is your flat also buangkok? mine also
sad.gif

eteh3

hi huan,
FH staying with me and my parents after AD coz dint wanna wait till hse come then marry. then he dun have his own room while i've. so quite obvious choice to be staying with me.

MIL wasnt too happy but dint care. coz no other choice unless she can have better sugestion then ok lor. she wanted to ask us to stay at his uncle's place which had an extra room. but FH felt that it was not fair to his uncle coz we are bunking in.hee, lucky FH disagree with MIL.
coz my MIL is a terror.

hi starrystarry,
then gotto work hard lor. any of ur friends/colleagues also waiting for WIS? can spilt the work like my FH's colleagues lor.

huan

hi eteh,
for me, it's almost the same reason!
we din wanna wait till the flat is here then get married. anyway, since already ROMed, can get married anyting actually.
FH is sharing room with his bro. the house doesnt have extra rooms. for me, all my siblngs not staying with my parents already. only my parents n i left. n i've have another extra room with addition to my own room. so the choice is to stay with my parents :p
his parents r ok with the idea (which i'm really glad) n since they're the one who suggested, tink shdnt have any probs... actually have another solution is to stay with his godparents. but i'm not on very familiar terms with his godparents n they stay in an estate i'm not so comfortable with... as in not safe to go home late at nite...

renting a room outside is far more costly already...

i've received some bad comments abt tis arrangement from colleagues... so i'm pretty upset n sorta mind tis arrangement... but my FH told me not to bother with wat others say...

eteh3

hi Huan,
same situation as me. my FH is worse. he shares a room with his sis, coz not enuf rooms. and i've another extra room in addtion to my own room. We proposed this but his parents were kinda against it initially.
but later on, they realise that their daughter is NOT gg to get married in the short term so they have no choice but to agree.
they of course came up with funny ideas which we both felt wasnt as gd as staying with me.

Coz our hse is coming only from 2008 onwards, we rather save the rental for the payment to the hse.interest rate very high u know.

why did ur colleagues say its bad? my colleagues were congratulating me for successfully not staying with my PILs.
maybe u wanna ask them why they say that. My colleagues say at least i wun be 'tortured' by MIL this way.

we havent ROM coz doing AD with ROM tog.
So only staying tog after AD.

jiamin_loh

Hi,

I really envy that your parents is very understanding...my case was totally different from all of you...Before I got married with my hubby, he used to stay at my house during the weekends and this lasts for about 2 years + only until my parents and siblings had a tiff with my husband...This happen bcos he has been working until very late almost everyday and we seldom see each other...There was once my husband had a high fever (during the SARS period)so I ask him to stay over my house so I can take care of him...Who knows my family blame me and even scolded me cos he afraid my husband was infected with SARS and so on...

From then my husband wouldn't want to step in our house...This lasts for another 2 years until we finally get our own house and decided to get ROM and moved out...

huan

ya loh... no pt paying for the rent... would rather use the $$ to pay for the house we bought!!

my colleague commented dat my husband "ru zui".
sad.gif
i'm really pissed off with her loh. i tink she's just jealous coz at dat time she hasnt successfully applied for a flat n without flat, she cant get married.

eteh3

hi huan,

tell ur colleague that she's simply envious. anyway., nowadays, many have said that if u have a son, u will lose a son when he marries.
but if u have a daughter, u will gain a son when she marries.
so what's this ru zui thing she talking abt?
she's just jealous, i agree.

nitestar

Hi Huan, ignore wat yr colleagues says, ultimately if u n yr HB are ok with it n if both families are ok with it, then its nobody's business.. i also agree that she's being a green eye monster...

tulipz

hi faith and juan! i'm 23 too! woohoo n i'm also a teacher! =) hee good to know there r young brides too...

anyway faith, if u wanna get resale also get cos have 30k grant and if stay near parents another 10k grant.. however must come up with downpayment cash.. but i heard can loan from cpf so also no need come out cash...
new flat can pay by cpf so that's the good thing but need at least 20K in cpf...

hi jac! i see u here too =)
yups for me, my FH intends to stay at my place cos of i need to go and teach real early in the morning and his place is right at the other end of sg.. hopefuly wont stay more than half a yr cos his family not super enthu about it.. but if boh bian then boh bian lor .. heh..

huan

Hi eteh &amp; Jacqueline,
thanks for ur consolation
happy.gif
yeah... in fact i tink dat's the main reason too. well.. she knew we've already bought a flat n still made dat comment. anyway, as wat u said, if both our families r fine with tis arrangement, who cares wat she said!!
happy.gif

faithy

hi tulipz!
yeah gd to hear that there are quite a few young brides here!
u teaching in which area? i am in north zone...
wow... from ur info, i feel more relieved! at least no need to cough up so much cash to buy a flat...
u got ur place already?

nitestar

Hey tulipz,
so u mean even if the flat is above valuation, we dun have to come up with the cash downpayment if we have enough cash in our CPF? when are u getting yr flat?

Huan,
good for u. remember, its our own wedding and our lives, dun let others affect u.

sunesis_82

hey gals,

i am also having my AD before getting my flat. went for the WIS and got a flat in punggol but will not be ready till 2008. so tentatively i am thinking of asking my FH to stay at my hse first cos we haf an empty room... dun wanna waste money renting too... and my FH's hse dun haf enough room for us. my FH dun mind staying but seems tat he would feel very pai seh all the time when he come to stay overnight... sigh.. how???

jenng

HI Sheryl,

Think you have to discuss again before make this decision. sometime the PIL may not be happy that shift over to your place to stay

apple68

<font color="ff0000">correct me if i am wrong. From I have gathered, cash downpayment is required if u are securing a bank loan for ur resale. and if u are taking the 30k or the 40 k grant, there are implications u should know. for 40k grant which is staying near parents, parents cannot shift out of the same town within 5 yrs. and if taking 30k grant, if u sell ur resale away regardless the no. of yrs u have stayed, HDB going to take 30% back from ur selling price. Becos of these rules, we have decided to forgo resale n concentrate getting new flat from HDB.</font>

apple68

<font color="ff0000">i made a mistake on the resale portion. would be better to check with HDB. Think it is important to know the obligations that come with resale flats</font>

selenal

pardon my ignorance, if mother is staying with me, does it mean that i'll get the 40K grant no matter where i choose?

btw, also a teacher here...

jnp

Hello All,

I'm in this very situation too..don't like the idea of "You want to get a flat?" as a form of proposal....what to do-I wanted a fairytale proposal mah.
So, after my wedding, I have to stay with my PIL. Lucky for me, my PIL still very nice to me but still it's just not as comfortable as your own home.
Somehow when u stay with your PIL, you must be watchful of your behaviour so very sian lor. Cannot anyhow throw your undergarment, cannot go braless etc...
Have been staying there for the past 2mths but somehow still don't feel very comfortable.....can't wait for my reno to be done then I can move out.

tiki

Hi Gals,
I'm new here

eteh/huan: me in same situation as u both, but eteh u lucky, my FH refuse to stay in my parents house cos he feels he is marrying in, while i refuse to stay at his house cos he don't have a proper room, no bed even, and his house is always cramped with tooo many people...

I also bought Duxton, now slightly regretting as still got a long way to wait..I'm 31 already. Getting ROM &amp; AD next May 06.

So guess we will still stay on our own as if we single, then wait for duxton to slowly be ready, gotta save up for reno too

eteh3

hi tiki,

actually my FH also got such feelings, esp when his friends hear that he's moving in with me. their comments is saying he's marrying in. but i guess just tell them off coz such ppl are just jealous. if its temporary, just tell them off.
That's what we did. if my FH dint say anything, i will.

Me also cant stay in his hse. no space at all.

hmmm...u gg to stay seperately till duxton? by then will age be an issue for the baby planning?
we also taking the time difference to save for reno. got good n bad...

huan

Hi tiki n eteh,
for me, my FH's frens r quite ok with our arrangement as in they did not say anyting negative in front of us. it's just frens over my side dat they tink is abit weird... my FH says if other ppl wanna tok just let them tok. but my parents tink otherwise. so we'll just settle in my place first after AD and c how tings go when our flat is ready...

tiki, jus curious... when will Duxton b ready? thot tis project was quite a few yrs ago? perhaps rent a flat after ur AD? but tis will add in the financial costs...

bigbig

hi tiki,

I bought duxton too... a bit regretted about my decision but i think far loh... moreover already paid so much for it...

so where do you intend to stay after AD???

both my hubby &amp; I will wei qu qui quan to stay with his brother since he has got married last year...

haizz...

eteh3

hi Huan,
my frens are ok with the arrangement. Some of his friends did mention some un-nice comments to say he's marrying in.
So now, i try not to mention abt it. Just in case he really take their comments to heart &amp; dun want to move in.
His parents are not for the idea that we stay apart after AD. coz they've hinted abt grandchildren oredi! so best of the worse scenario is for him to move in. only transportation is not so convenient for him after he moves in.

A little regretful buying Duxton also. Coz meantime there's WIS in the tiong bahru area too.

Think Duxton ready only in early 2009.the earliest it will be ready is prob 2008. Went by to view the site, piling hasnt even started for all the blocks. i think only for ONE block.
Piling itself will take at least 1-2yrs though the building itself will be quite fast. My dad mentioned that it can be a few floors in a day.

~panda~

Hi all... i'm new here, hope you ladies dun mind my inclusion?

My AD's 2nd dec 06.... and we are waiting for HDB WIS for amk/toa payoh flats cuz cheaper than resale. But quite scary just to wait. Meantime, my PIL suggested 'renovating' their study rm for us to stay in case our flat not here after AD.

BUT i'm terrified!! While my FIL is really sweet, MIL &amp; BIL is really hard to get along i feel.... So i 'blurted' out: then we stay separately until flat arrives. Oops, MIL is quite offended, she told us like that might as well not get married.

Sigh... dunno how..... Good to know some of your PIL ok with hubby staying @ your place....

oh boy.....

faithy

Hi pandora..
no worries, i am almost in the same situation as u..
we want to plan for AD, but yet no flat yet, as we are also waiting for the next WIS. dunno when is it?..
my FIL also very nice, but MIL not very friendly to me...sad..
just have to cross fingers n hope for the best! anyway, Happy 2006 to all~

eteh3

seems like all the FILs are nice but not the MILs. same here!!!!
during this new yr countdown, i stayed over at FH's place coz MIL wasnt ard. only FIL. life was heaven....

issit a woman issue? jealousy?

apple68

<font color="ff0000">Hi girls!</font>

<font color="ff0000">how do you all plan to decorate the bedroom when you move in or when he move in? For myself, as our flat only ready in 2008, we dont really want to spend too much and also will be quite hard to decide what kind of bedroom furniture is suitable. We have not decided what kind of renov we looking at for new house..</font>

<font color="ff0000">any suggestion?</font>

mi_tang

I guess I'm quite fortunate then.. my MIL is actually quite nice, and can cook very well!!
happy.gif

Hi apple, have u considered renting an apartment while waiting? then dun hv to spend on reno.. I'm considering that now.. coz flat might be ready in 2010!!

tingz

hi all, can i join in the discussion? My flat also won't be ready so soon, maybe 2007 or 2008. And my AD is in Oct this yr. No space for us to stay at both my hb and my place. so die die have to rent
sad.gif

Anyone have any idea how much will it cost to rent a bedroom with attached toilet?

huan

Hi Tingz,
my fren is renting a MBR in a condo coz she's a m'sian working in spore. tink the rate is ard $350 to $450 for the MBR. perhaps different locations will have different price.

btw, for brides who will b staying in your own room after AD, will u decorate ur room to b the couple room before AD? coz if so, dat means during the AD, the photoshoots wont b taken in the "single" room dat u used to stayed in already. anyone has any suggestions on tis?