AD before Flat?

kismetkin

Hi All,
mind if i join in? If u thinkin of gettin a unit in Punggol/Sengkang, suggest u get a 5-room or Exec unit. These new flats are cheap but very small.

cheers_cheers

hi petrina, hahah yap!! we all over sbo liao.. ^5 hahah
happy.gif
wow at least u got ur grandparents place to stay
happy.gif
so good!!

hi gin, yalor.. resale very exp.. pay alot in the loan too... if u not rush for flat.. walk in is good.. cos can get keys str away
happy.gif

hi jenni, haha 5 room/exec.. also very exp lei.. got to pay min 30yrs.. hahah dun wan to slog whole life for a flat
happy.gif

vvbbb

hi all,

i'm also planning to get new flat with my bf, but hv some difficulty. Is it true that there's a salary ceiling to buy flat?

afcai

Hi vivi,
yes, for 4-5 rm, there 's salary cap $8K or less. for 3rm, it is $2k or less. check it our on HDB website for more info.

kashdoggie

hi vivi,

yes, there is an income ceiling of $8K if u wanna buy new HDB flat. We asked HDB officer b4, was told if a few hundreds above $8K, still can appeal...but if much more, cannot.

Another problem will also be that u will not be eligible to get the HDB loan rate of 2.5%. U will have to go for BANK loan......that will mean u have to pay 4% CASH downpayment...remaining then can use ur CPF monies...very cham one...

u can only buy resale, or go for private properties...

vvbbb

hi afcai & kash,

oh no, it's really true! Is there any loophole or other way to avoid it?

How abt if one of us quit their job, do you guys think it would solve it? or the HBD will know this trick and still not allow us to buy flat?

I volunteered to quit my job if need to, but of coz my parents objected to the idea. Sigh, there goes bonus!!

kashdoggie

hi vivi,

we also did considered the idea tat 1 of us quit...however, find that no point lah...unless u r already not happy wif ur job.

i understand from HDB that u have to prove that u are not employed during the submission period..coz u need to submit ur payslip or income tax statement. But i am not sure whether u have to be unemployed for the duration from submission of ur flat application till the date u collect ur keys. Best is to doublecheck directly with HDB. They have a hotline to call..u can get the # fm their website.

BTW, even u buy resale flat hor, u can't get the 1st timer grant of 30K, nor the parent grant of 40K.

there are quite a lot of resale flats that are just 5 yrs old....they shd be still very new...and some locations like Bukit panjang, jurong, sembawang, sengkang etc...those resale 5 yrs old flats are going at very cheap rate...maybe u can consider loh..

vvbbb

thanks afcai,
i leave it to my FH to do research on HDB.

Will they be new WIS soon? We visit a few new flats but it's either not good or too expensive.

Has anybody seen Tiong Bahru area for new flat? Very expensive (though convenient).

afcai

Hi vivi,
New WIS will usually release in the mid of the month. I think the flats at Tiong Bahru area might be snapped up liao. last time, it seems over-whelming. yup, quite expensive cos near the town area.

vvbbb

afcai,

i think those leftover flats are for non-chinese. The quota for chinese filled up.

Lucky for me, my FH is indian-chinese so can still buy.

How abt u, afcai, looking anywhere? Aiming certain area? If hv WIS, do we have to q overnight? *kiasu*

afcai

Hi Viv,
hmmm..so that's the adv.

for me, I have got a unit during the 2003 balloting exerise and have done up my flat last yr. now preparing for my wedding liao.

yes, need to q overnight and must have be quick in order to be the first few or chance of getting a unit of yr choice will be gg down the drain.

u aiming for which area?

vvbbb

Hi Afcai,

I'm not sure which areas i like, but prefer non-chinese areas. So won't choose AMK but, ironically, I don't mind Toa Payoh.

Went to HDB last weekend and apparently there's a buffer of 5% for the income ceiling, so if it's below $8,400 it's still alrigh.
And even if income >$10,000 if can prove that the couples spend $$ to support parents, also can. So it's def a reliiiiiiiiiiiiief....

The sales officer advised us to wait for next balloting and try our luck. So we're waiting for next balloting. Anybody going for that too?
Actually, i'm not too sure what's going to happen next. I was told that there'd be announcement of new flat, then we submit our name for balloting, then given Q number, choose flat. If didn't get ballot number, then wait for WIS.

Could anybody guess what's the next WIS area? It shd be the left-over from balloting exercise right?

in balloting flat, does the flat price more expensive than WIS?

afcai

Hi viv,
haa look like u anywhere also can. AMK and toa payoh flats quite expensive cos they are considered mature estates. is it....oic didn't know that spending 'power' to support parent can also be consider as a factor for rebate.

balloting comes twice a yr, balloting depends on luck.

since u like toa poyah, there's a balloting exerise gg on on Aug.u can apply and even check on the status there.

http://www10.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu100.nsf/0/Flats_On_Offer.html?open&doc=eampu001.nsf/0/gallery_be.html&topmenu=1

balloting excerise is for ppls who are under en-block selection. if there is left over, HDB will release it to ppls. if there are leftover flats again for balloting then HDB will release it thr WIS. WIS need to be quick, grab and queue over night.check it out the pricing.

at least, flat under balloting is cheaper than resale flats.

afcai

Hi poseidon_gal,
standard new 4/5 rm flats come in varies of sizes. for 4 rm flats, the size range fr 76sqm - 100 sqms. while for 5rm flat, it ranges from 100sqms - 120sqm.(correct me if l'm wrong, not too sure abt 5rm but the range is roughly there)

afcai

Hi poseidon_gal,
ok liao, mien only 86sqm. anyway, when come to cleaning, it is big man...the cleaning part is tedious and time consuming.

eteh3

hi all,

just dawn u upon this thread.
me AD (Dec 2006) b4 i get my flat too. we've got Duxton which is gg to be ready like in 2008 (earliest).

So meantime, will be staying with my parents.
Was reading someone said no house no babies. Still can have mah, just make sure that everything is well arranged.

There's some WIS going on now too right?

nitestar

Hi gals, my AD is Nov 2006, just like to find out if anyone have their FH or hubbies stayin at the wives' parents' flat... cos I'm probably doing that, n would like to see how u gals are coping...

eteh3

hi Jacqueline,

my AD is Dec 06 & my FH is going to stay with me.
Do you have your own room at the moment & has your FH/hubby been staying around at your place now already?

For mine, he has been coming over during the weekends regardless whether my parents are in town or not. So he's quite used to moving around my hse with my parents around.

Pblm is that its a little far from his workplace. So we'll be looking into this transport issue.

Have you discussed with FH that you both will be staying at your parents' place? Its good to come to an agreement 1st b4 it happens. If not, he might be taken off guard. Is it going to be long term? Mine's not, moving out for our own pte days once Duxton is ready.

nitestar

Hi eteh3,

We'll be converting the study room for us to stay for the time being till we find our own place.. but dunno when that will be...
sad.gif

Though he n his mum is agreeable to this arrangement, I'm still kinda of woried... cos he nvr stays over at my place whether my family is ard or not...

eteh3

Hi Jacqueline,

Then maybe you shld start to let him come over to your place b4 your AD. I mean depending on how open your parents are coz u guys are already making plans for marriage. As long as u can reassure them that you will not get pregnant meanwhile, they shld be fine with him coming over just for the wkends.
After all, you dun need to be home to do the act. right?

Its gd to try at least once in a while, after all u still got a yr to try. Coz his living habits may not match ur family's. It can go down to small things like not bathing in the morn & go work. or bath in the morn & go work. How he puts his toothbrush, etc...
Coz its no longer just you & him in your own place. Then you just tolerate or tell him to change. If you are fine, and ur family is not, it can be an issue.

Is your family big? If you've got sisters/brothers, esp sisters..do they wear bras at home? if not, are they comfortable with ur FH in the hse & still not wear?
We tend to take things for granted if we've grown up in the environment. However, different families work differently.

My FH's sister & mom dun wear bras at home. So he's grown up in such an environment. When he comes over, me & my mom dun wear as well. It wasnt a culture shock to him. BUT, my other gf's bf was shocked to hear coz in his family, all the ladies were properly 'dressed' till bedtime.

So its good to let him taste a bit by bit than a culture shock.

nitestar

Hi eteh3,

Thanx for the advice... good point u brought up abt the bra issue.. totally put that out of my mind... will have to check it out.... dun think he'll get to stay over, cos I'm sharin a room with my sis at the moment.. n no spare bed... sigh...

eteh3

hi jacqueline,

u've got to sit down & think out of your family. Then u'll have more & more concerns both you & your family might have with your FH staying in your hse till u get ur flat.

no spare bed? make him sleep on the floor or share your bed with u then. hee..
do u go over to his place often? make an observation abt his family's habits & see if its different from yours. if it is, then you might wanna check the difference out.

Have you booked your BS & hotel? issit with MC since u are in this thread..

nitestar

eteh3,

hehe... our family habits are indeed pretty different... but he seems alright when he's over at my place.. but have to observe mor ei guess...
I've booked my hotel liao, Raffles Hotel, was with White Weddings for bridal package.. but now alacarte.. so only doing photoshoot with them.. my cousin will be doing my gown n makeup...
btw, wat's MC?

faithy

Hi girls!
I am glad to see there are girls other than myself having to stay with in-laws first after AD, b4 our own flat comes...
for my case, i think its quite complicated...
I dun interact much with FH's parents, esp the mum... cos she is not friendly to me, although i have been together with her son for 4.5 yrs.
my bf just started working, while i am working for 3 yrs plus already.. our cpf not a lot, so we scared not enuff to buy a flat. not to mention abt the reno loan that we need to take from a bank...
but we still wanna get married, so he suggested staying with his parents first, since he also shares a very close relationship with his dad. personally, i find his dad and other family members easy to get along with, except his mum.
so i am now quite confused whether shd we carry on our plans to wed, then stay with his parents while we look for a flat.. or shd i insist we should get our flat b4 we marry?
btw, how much cash and CPF a couple needs to get a new flat?
haiz... so confused and upset over this issue... hope someone can advise me here...

jenng

Hi

I am also staying with my in law for two year cos my love nest will only complete after two year. In team of sibling and in law i am lucky they are quite kind.

Hi Faith

Depend of the house you are taking, if new estate or jurong is abt 20K Cpf, I think you should have enough by now. as for 1 st timer, you can pay by cpf for the house loan up to 30 years. However, shorter the better

jenng

Hi Cheer,

I am also waiting for the Buangkok, mine is a 4 rm. mine to tell the block you waiting for. Mine is 272C

eteh3

hi Jacqueline,

MC= Merchant Court Hotel. Right now might have a change in date,last min.haiz..long story. so trying to settle the date AGAIN.
how much was ur per table cost? & min tables needed for raffles hotel? I enquired with them but no one got back to me. so we striked them off our list.

Hi Faith,

Its normal for ur FMIL to be a little less friendly to you. Mine was quite bad to me when i was 1st introduced to her.
To the stage of seperating food out for me to eat when i'm sitting at the same table as them for dinner. Felt like i was treated like a maid. luckily my FH also cannot tahan, he poured all the foods back into the resp. plates in front of her! ha! guess who was grinning?
but slowly, she realised that w/o me, she's gg to lose her son. so she started to be nicer. it takes time, but u must interact with her even though she's not nice to you. if not, things will always remain as it is.

how old are u? if you wanna insist on getting a flat 1st, it might delay your AD unless u wanna ROM 1st.
My gf is in almost the same situation as you. They are looking for new flats & do not want to stay with either parents. So their AD is being dragged on till they find a flat.
coz they dun wanna ROM 1st. they want to hold it tog.
Like what jennifer says, it depends on how much is the purchase price of your flat.

Hi Jennifer,
u staying with in laws. guess they are quite nice ppl so u can still stay with them. i will absolutely die & kill myself if i need to stay with my in laws. FMIL is a nightmare w/o me staying at his place. not even for the wkend. tried to stay once or twice, was so terrible, i dun stay over anymore. cant imagine staying with them till my flat comes.

faithy

HI Eteh
thanks for the reply... I am 23 yrs old.
wow, ur FMIL even worse than mine... mine still ok la, just that she dun talk to me, and she most of the time look down and nvr respond when i call her Auntie. ahaha! but she still dabao dinner for me when she noes i am staying for dinner..
We hope to hold a bigger ROM, cos we dun want a banquet. Which areas' flats are of lower purchase price? Is it better to buy resale, or thru balloting/ WIS?
I still quite blur over all these housing/ wedding issues.so is my bf.
sad.gif

eteh3

hi Faith,

wow! u are young, 23 and thinking of ROM.where was I when i'm 23? i'm mid 20s lar..not much older lar..but at least i wasnt thinking of ROM yet.
i must say that my FH's parents are quite traditional, while my parents are more open in certain areas. FPILs are more stubborn n dun like to change & adapt to the changes in society.
She wun ignore me lar, but she will say funny things to me that irritates me.

My gf is doing a big ROM but banquet of like 6 tables for immediate relatives only.

lower purchase price? u shld have heard of the Jurong west area & Sengkang Punggol area.
Basically, the more wulu the place, the cheaper.

go visit the HDB website for more info. the housing thing is my FH's responsibility, so I also dun bother much. He informs me, we discuss then decide.
I think u can sign up for HDB to give u the latest info thru email.

faithy

Hi Eteh
Yeap i signed up for the e-alert already...
happy.gif

Good lah, you got a proactive FH. not like mine... bochup type. almost strangled him.. hahaha!

nitestar

Hi Eteh,

Raffles' grand ballroom requires a min of 20 n a max of 25... its 898+++ per table for the lowest package.. was browsing the Dec 06 thread... seems like plenty of couples choosing that month...

sortkate

Hi gals,

just happen to come into this thread.....i also have the same prob....my AD would be end of 06 n my buangkok flat will only be ready in 07!!!!

eteh3

hi faith,

its not that my FH is proactive. coz his colleagues & friends are also preparing for wedding. so they tend to notify each other. the duxton balloting was mentioned to him thru his colleague who said he couldnt afford but would want to try.
So we went to read up on it.
I feel that most of the wedding planning will be done by us, but shld delegate some work to the men too.
I went to find out the hotel's prices for banquets, but he does the bargaining.
MUST spilt the work, if not u will feel fustrated after a while & will give up lor.
I quarrel with him b4 coz I felt that I'm doing all the work while he sit there shake leg.
So now, he still takes the back seat but cannot afford to shake leg liao lar.

Also, u looking at new flats only? If looking at 2ndhand flats, maybe u might wanna spread the 'news' that u are, so ppl will inform u when they hear of neighbours selling.
you dunno the power of 'word of mouth'.

Hi Jacqueline,
Raffles Hotel only take a max of 25? How come my FFIL says he's being invited there for a banquet of like 50 & more tables?

sortkate

Hi Jennifer,

u mean the hdb website stated 2009???
cos i saw the board outside the site stated estimated completion date is aug 2007 leh.....mine is blk 275D.....is urs aspella too??? cos there's a couple of btos on the same plot leh

eteh3

hi jac,

no leh. i saw the invite, it was printed Raffles Hotel & then my FFIL say his friend boasted that it will only accept min 50 tables & cost abt $1k each table etc...(his daughter marrying off mah).

juanjuan

aloha everyone....

hi Faith...im in de same situation as u...im 23...rom this year in march...and im oredi staying wif my in laws...cos i started working 2 years le...im a teacher...and my hubby just started working 3 months ago...we just apllied for a BTO flat in seng kang...now still waiting for de balloting result...its fernvale court...

in my point of view...if u have good in laws...its goos staying wif them...cos they can help u alot...if not...haiz....dats y i apllied for one....

for myu case cos i ve more cpf now...when paying de first 5% and de deposit..i will pay wif mine...however ...de rest 95% will be pauid by my hubby when de flat comes in 2-3 years time...in dis way...we gals dun lose in anyway...keke

eteh3

hi juan,

are u also in the Dec 06 brides thread?

i agree that with good in-laws, its gd to stay with them. BUT if otherwise, i rather rent a place to stay meantime.
Luckily my parents arent so 'ke buo' to my FH, if not, he might also think his in-laws are terrible. then we wun have a place to stay after AD.

juanjuan

yesh...im everywhere...cos too free...haha.....i also wanted to rent a place and stay now...but it will be too obvious to my in laws dat im not happy wif them liao

faithy

Hi Eteh,
still not decided what flat i want... but most prob a new one..
HI juanjuan
such a coincidence! i am also a teacher! worked for a yr b4 joining NIE. now teaching liao. and my bf started work 2 months ago... not sure my cpf enough or not leh.. tot if not enough must top up with cash every month to HDB loan right?
sad.gif

juanjuan

wow.....faith...maybe we know each other...lolz...where u teaching? wat subject?i also just started teaching ard 1.5 yrs...