Actively searching for BS now - Thread for sharing

faithlovesbags

Good morning. I am getting married in Dec and I am on a tight budget, but is there any bridal shops that offer a bridal package at $1500-$2000/-? Please advise. Thanks.

pompompurin

hi all, i'm at oct 2010 btb and slowly researching for bs and venue. so far, i have been to digio, sophia, jwn as my gfs have signed up with them currently and also amanda lee weddings. after visiting amanda lee wedding (alw) i have decided not to go for bs along tangjong pagar stretch. i was impressed by the gowns and the staff at alw. futhermore, i wanted to go for ala carte as i will be taking overseas ps and the ps at digio, sophia and jnw are not really my cup of tea. as for gowns, as i just started my research, i am still trying to find my style and all the gowns look very pretty.

amanda lee - gowns with dash of colours, very good with embroidery. more 'designer' style and there is something very different about their designs. the staff was excellent and i was served by their senior designer who is very knowledgeable and willing to share views, definately not pushy at all. conclusion: this is by far, my fave bs. thumbs up!

digio - i went there at least 3 times now cos i accompanied my gf for her fitting so i can say i have seen 80% of their gowns. their gowns have a lot of beadings and embroidery but somehow the embroidery cannot be compared to alw. they have alot of different gowns, maybe something you can consider if you want variety. coloured gowns are few cos i am more attracted to coloured ones and tend to look out for those. they seem to have alot of OTR gowns as i asked the staff before. she mentioned they ave about 400 otr WG and EG. not sure how true. sales staff is quite okay and they will try to find something that suits you. conclusion: nothing interesting, i will give this bs a miss.

sophia - i have been to sophia 2 twice. their gowns are not too bad as i found something that looks quite nice on me. their designs are quite similiar to jwn but they have more varieties. only one gown caught my eye so far. most of the design are pretty common i feel and nothing really stands out. the staff is very friendly but can be pushy. their package is negotiable if you try hard enough to bargain. like any other bs shops along tg, they are more focused on sales than you accepting their designs so i guess that is why the package is very flexible. conclusion: i will not sign up with them unless i have no choice since i only need gowns from them.

jwn - another taiwanese bs other than sophia. their gowns are very princessy and with lotsa lace and bling blings. some are really beautiful so it is good if you are into such style. however jnw only has otr and no mtm package. their otr WG seems limited to me as it is only one level and i heard their EG is also just as limited. since they only have otr gowns, it means that many people would have tried on over and over again so it was not surprising to see that some of their gowns are not very well maintained esp the gowns are made of such delicate fabrics. their gowns look similiar to sophia but more expensive i feel,if only they are more well maintained. sales staff is friendly but pushy. similiar feedback i have on sophia earlier. conclusion: as they do not do mtm and the otr gowns seem limited, i will not sign up with them just in case i cannot find something i like.

overall, my bs shopping experience at those shops at tg was quite stressful as the sales staffs are fond of hard sell tactics and they always say, 'if you sign up today, you will get this and this and this.' they are more focused in getting sales than showcasing the range of gowns they have. their gowns are mainly imported from china, tw and hk and gives me impression of 'mass produced' which i don't really like.

my expereince with alw was totally stress free.

digio, sophia and jnw packages range from 3k - 4k, full package inclusive of pre wedding photography, one stop service.
alw basic package starts from 4.2k, no photography and groom suit. to top up for a more elaborate gown plus men suit, 5.5k will be a better gauge.

so far, i am more inclined towards alw but will still contine to explore other bs such as blush blush, the wedding present, silheoutte, emmanual b, dang bridal, jawn happy ever after, bridal veil and margaret brides.

to all btbs, enjoy this process cos this is a once in a lifetime affair.
happy.gif
oops sorry for the lengthy post. there's just to much to share when comes to bridal stuff!

pompompurin

sherry > i went to stattine before to check out their package but din try their gowns. i saw a few gowns on display and in their catalog... their gowns are really nice! however, i was put off by the sales people who were not only pushy, one of the coordinators was snoobish and appeared impatient to answer my questions.
conclusion: gowns are really nice. but i dun think i will be able to work with such a coordinator. i dun wan trouble from them afterall planning wedding should be a happy experience.
i think you can still explore. maybe you will meet a nicer coordinator
happy.gif

jbty

Hi iluvPurin,

Thanks for your very detail info. Yesterday I went to MBR n find tat is not bad but I also still want to explore more.
I would like to know abt the blush bulsh BS too.
If u ve been there, pls share ur info.

Thanks.

pompompurin

Hello jac&bty > I have not been to Blush Blush but I will visit them soon... it's also one of my shortlisted BS. I will post up my feedback on them after my visit. i read good reviews abt MBR in another thread too.
When is your AD? if you have time, no harm checking out more BS before making the decision. i feel you need to like the style of gowns offered by the BS, be comfortable with the coordinator who will be assisting you to prepare for the most important day in your life and of cos, the package should be within budget.

dcn33

hi, i am looking for company to go visit bridal shops. Anyone interested?
If we shortlist e same bridal shop, mayb can bargain together
happy.gif

pompompurin

DCn33 > hello dear... i dun mind but which BS have you shortlisted? i'm looking at Silhueotte, blush blush, the wedding present, emmanual b, dang bridal, jawn happy ever after, bridal veil, sliverlining and margaret brides.
these are ala carte bs, i dun think they will be flexible to bargain... afterall, we are paying for their designs and worksmanship unlike bs along tanjong pagar, they are more flexible..

dcn33

hi iLuvPurin, i'm not going ala carte. Any BS package will do.
wad is ur budget for ala carte? is ther alot of difference fr BS package?

pompompurin

I’m looking at ala-carte cos I’m not using photographers provided by the BS. Depends on your needs, if you only top up if you need more stuff in the package.

For ala-carte, they still come in package but it will be minimum:
1 x WG – OTR / MTM
1 x EG – OTR / MTM
4 x makeup sessions, (1 trial, 1 shoot, 1 wedding day, 1 wedding night)
1 x Hand bouquet + corsages
1 x Mens suit (jacket + pants) to keep
-
A standard package for AD will consist of the following:

1 x WG – OTR / MTM
1 x EG – OTR / MTM
1 x Groom Suit – OTR / MTM
2 x Makeup and hairstyle – AD day and night, some BS will provide Trial
2 x Bridal Bouquet –PS and AD
6 - 8 corsages for AD
1 x Bridal Car Decoration
6 x Entourage car décor
Pre wedding - Studio and Outdoor PS
AD photography

You can also try to bargain for the following. The BS usually will throw in for free.

Tea dress or KUA
2 father jackets for rental FOC
Flower girl dress
Flower boy suit
More change of gowns for PS
FOC transport for outdoor PS
More photos

eneres_babe

Hi all I've sign up with New Image Collection at IMM. Very new and nice WG. Excellent service. Reasonable pricing. Put it in the directory for affordable BS.
happy.gif

jinglebell10

Hi,

I am a happy and satisfied bride to be of Julia Wedding News. If you are keen in having princessy gowns for your wedding, Julia wedding news is the choice. they have a wide range of princessy wedding gowns. If you interested, you can email me at [email protected] i can share my package with you
happy.gif

candymix

Darrel & Geri: can i check with you if you do bargain with these upmarket designer BS? I'm considering jawn..going down blush blush, alw, bridal veil to check etc but there are certain things which are not covered in their basic pkg like kua, rom bouquet and dress etc and that is a concern for me..any advice?

iluvpurin: check out jawn happy ever after! do you like nego with them on certain items to be included in the basic pkg?

can share your blush blush package with me? i also prefer the independent photography studios personally...email me if you can, at : [email protected]

im gonna visit blush blush, alw and bv soon too...silhouette is out for me- their package is pretty steep to me..

pompompurin

candy > blush blush and alw pricing is similar to silheoutte, not too much difference. what is your budget? i can comment for blush and alw cos i checked them out before. cannot help for bridal veil though, nv been there. i have also visited ted wu, wedding present, silhouette and margaret brides.

i do not bargain with the designer bs as we are buying their designs. they are not too flexible to bargain as they focus on gowns only and outsource rest of the services to the vendors. unlike one stop bridal stops, eg those at Tanjong pagar stretch, i feel that they are more focus on sales and most of their gowns are imported although some of them have in house designers. for designer bs, you pay more for the worksmanship and a designer piece.

for your info, blush blush package is 4,800 or 5,800 (for more elaborate designs). the package includes MTM WG (rent), MTM EG (keep), mens suit, flowers and decor and photography.

so if you do not need any of the services, they will deduct from accordingly.

candymix

hello iluvpurin, silhouette quoted me 7K (w/o promotions) leh..2K+ is for ROM (w/o PG) and the remaining 5K+ is for the AD gowns etc..the current promotion they told me is about 4.5K due to opening of their amoy outlet..

eneres_babe

I took my package from New Image Collections at IMM. I'm on a budget and they seem more reasonably priced compared to Tg Pagar shops and the more well-known BS. Quite happy with their service so far.
happy.gif
Standard package.

reychell

Hi Evelyn, I will like to recommend my bridal room if ur looking for BS. MBR has nice gowns, good fotography and excellent services. Fromt the starting to now (done my ps) this BS is great. Thumbs up for the services. If u like to know my package, do leave down ur email address so I can email u.

pompompurin

candy > that's correct from silhouette, esp if you are looking for tulle gowns. you need to top up 800 on top of the basic package. their standard pricing starts from 4180, for tulle gowns will be 4980. if you go to designer bs, the gowns are usually ard 5k or even more.

take for instance, the blush blush package, if you do not need photography, just minus 800. so that package is still 4k/5k. actually for sil, i do not find that current promo attractive cos the pricing for gowns is similar but the promo is MTM EG for rental only. The usual package is MTM EG for keep. i rather take w/o the promo cos the pricing is not a huge difference. so if you also need rom package, then you will definately need to top up additional for the package, ard 1.5 - 2k+. but if just the rom gown/tea dress, it's 600 onwards.
You need to know wat you need and what you dun need, so the bs can take away whatever you do not need.
also, are you looking at simple or elaborate designs? for more elaborate ones, you sure have to top up. i share with you the package from alw.

alw quoted me 4280 for MTM WG (rent), MTM EG (keep), flowers and decor and makeup. NO MENS SUIT, NO PS. if need men suit, will have to add 600 onwards. the embroidery design that i wanted, i was told to top up 600. so my basic package will be 5480 w/o PS. PS is another min 1.5k depending on photographers. if you need ROM gown, you top up another 800. so your alw package with PS will be ard 7780 - 8k.

maybe you can tell me what you need, and i can share with you the packages for those bs i visited.

candymix

iluvpurin> thats very helpful of you, thanks! actually i feel that im not very fussy about gowns, the reason why i go alacarte is because i prefer the independent PG than inhouse PG which are the cutesy type.

Im thinking of getting OTR from these alacarte BS to avoid all the topups required for mtm lor..and I don't wish to keep the gowns actually cos i wun know how to maintain it and i seldom have gala events..

i read that there are mid priced BS which have tieups with external PG- do you know any?

so far, the only true alacarte im considering is jawn because it is more budget friendly. Like the ALW package you mentioned, theirs is 3188 with a MTM Men suit to keep, which is worth about $450. If I take OTR with them, its 300 off per gown..

have u asked about graceful image? is it also designer BS?

pompompurin

hi candy > although the gowns are MTM, it's only for rental. you won't be able to keep it unless you opt to buy the gown. these bs charge can from 300 - 1000 if you wanna keep the gown.

so far, i only know jawn seems more affordable. even the wedding present starts from 4k onwards. as for graceful image, i have not asked before, sorry i cannot help.

actually you can go to those one stop bs, and opt for gowns only, then you source for PG separately. it's not compulsory to take their in house PG. i know sophia has such a package cos i checked out before. if you are considering OTR, then you need to see if you really like the gowns. usually one stop bs are slightly cheaper and more open to negotiations for perks in their packages.

even if you take alacarte package, you have to like the external PG they tie up with.

for me, i will be taking overseas photography so i will be just taking gowns too.

eneres_babe

Ya actually no need to take PG from them although i understand that is where they can earn. I went to GHA Marina before and they flatly told me that if dun take their PG only deduct $500! :p In the end i searched and asked around before finally taking up New Image Collections. OTR. Think can bargain MTM but i didnt want. Less than $1500. That's the beauty of mid-range BS.
happy.gif

No PG as I'm taking my PG overseas.
happy.gif

pompompurin

hi serene > OFF TOPIC - where are you taking your PG? i will be going paris or greece though i have not made up my mind which one. any recommendation for photographer?

candymix

true, no need to get PG from those one-stop shop but i think it will add up to quite a bit also since PG is their profit earning stream...they wouldnt lend for so many outfits and not take PG from them?

pompompurin

candy > basically they will provide you whatever that's already in the package. if the package does not come with PG, then there will not be rental of additional gowns. you can try nego with them la.. if they are nice, they will still lend you one or two. that's what happened to me and sophia.

candymix

thanks for the advice...but now im more confused than ever hahaha! not sure what i want..must discuss with HTB sigh..

anyway luvpurin> i think there are some overseas shoots with those PG like 36 frames, 1950, am.pm etc..u can check it out on their blogs/ website

pompompurin

candy > thanks! i have actually checked out quite a few like lightedpixels, 39east, plush, tinydot, derrick ong and john lim. very headache to choose cos they all seem so good! do you already have a PG in mind?

i'm also going through my bs sourcing now. headache as well cos i dunno which one to choose. hahahaha.

anyway, you need to set your budget. Visit those bs that are within your budget and see what they can offer and look at their OTR gowns.

candymix

luvpurin> haha, too many variables and too many things. HTB and me havent nail down anything yet too...yes these PG are all very good..and its going to be tiresome to talk to each one to find out their style...

did u talk about PG when you visited those designer BS with tieups? They give quick
overviews about these PG styles so then you can know which type you are into..and its quite fast cos they have a list..at least thats my experience with jawn and euzart was asking how come i never talk abt his gowns hahahaha

i have a shortlist based on their online gallery but havent gone down to talk to them yet..

pompompurin

candy > i dun talk abt PG when i go bs shopping. unless i know that the PG i wan ties up with the bs. my bf will be the one looking through the albums while i try on the gowns. i'm too engrossed in my gowns haha. i will be going down to some of the pg i mentioned abt to look at their works next week. by then i will have a better idea.

eneres_babe

Hi Purin. Wow, Paris or Greece, tat's lovely!
I'm not going so far cos like i said i'm on a budget.
happy.gif

Booked for Beijing tis Sep. I am using the PG over there as it is much cheaper. Album and all will also be done there.
happy.gif

My gf had hers in Taiwan. Very nice too, lavender field and all. Also use Taiwan's PG and BS and do everything there.

Are you bringing PG from S'pore?

Candy, for my BS, they actually very nice, reduced from original $3388 to below $1500 without the PG. The number of outfits are the same i think. Anyway it depends on what u want and need and u can bargain.

candymix

wow serene, can share your BS? can PM me if not convenient...thanks!

i wonder if di gio can do that for me...must haggle yah?

pompompurin

candy > serene's BS is New Image Collection. she has written in her previous post.
Digio can do that for you, i'm sure as i have also asked before. However, to get the best out of your package, you need to haggle abit more. they are not so flexi as compared to sophia. why dun you check out sophia since they are along the same stretch of road....

Serene > ya i'm bringing PG from Singapore since some of the PG are pretty experienced in doing overseas shoots. I'm not so keen in Taiwan, dunno why. i dun even wanna go there for holiday haha. Beijing is beautiful, lovely scenary! have you check out their works before? cost wise, is definately more cost effective i'm sure.

eneres_babe

candy> Ya my BS is New Image Collection at IMM. Haha i'm on a budget la. Took OTR. U can go look at their gowns first. Ask for Capio or May. They do MTM too but I dint want. There's a thread here too.
happy.gif

Purin> I've not been to Beijing before so jus nice for holiday too! haha. My cousins and brother took all their PG packages there so I know it's cheaper than over here. The albums and quality are okay. Not fantastic but I wld say quite ok quality, same as average BS here anyway. At least I can have a overseas shoot with small budget la. Can have lake, boat, horse, greenery... dun need see Fort Canning or sentosa.. haha
happy.gif

They give portrait too. My brother's was half the size of the bedroom door. And CD of all shots.

pompompurin

serene, i think beijing is a great place for photoshoots, gives a very oriental and modern feel at the same time to your pictures. since you know of people taking packages there, then you can definately be assured of the quality! just go there, relax and have fun haha. i also dun wanna see sentosa that's why i opt for overseas phootshoots. the huge portrait they give can be used for your banquet leh. haha.

when are you going for your phootshoots and when is your AD?

pompompurin

serene > your wedding is this year! congrats!! mine's next year.. in fact AD is in 2010 and i'm targeting mid 2010 for overseas shoot. i'm more ks. hahaah.

eneres_babe

Thanks puring. haha.. yeah. but it's good to have ample time la, better than rushing. Actually i start planning in March so take abt 10 months too.
happy.gif

sweetj

Hi,

i have a very comprehensive package from Yvonne Creative to let go at $800. The original price is $3388 and i managed to bargain to $3088. I have paid a deposit of
$1088 but due to some personal reasons i have to let it go. It includes almost everything you need for indoor & outdoor photoshoot, ROM, tea ceremony, church wedding (if you have) and Actual day dinner. The gowns are made to measure (MTM). No expiry date too. I signed up this package at a bridal fair.and it took us a long time to bargain with them and get all the extra goodies we need. All hidden charges are also listed in the package so they can't anyhow charge you. They are also very flexible in exchanging things in the package to things that you need. Like more pictures/poses, more men's jackets. My consultant is Jean. A very friendly and patient lady. Despite all our bargain and keep asking for more things, she can still smile at us and offer us appropriate advices. You can visit their website at http://www.yvonnecreative.com.sg/. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in the package. Thank you. :>

sweetj

Hi All,

just realised i made a mistake in the cost of the package. Very sorry..The package is actually worth $3888 and i'm now selling it at $2900(neg.). Pls contact me at my email [email protected] if you are interested.

Pls note that you won't be able to get the same number of items at $2900 and with so much flexibility if you signed up as Yvonne Creative now, as this package is signed at a roadshow last year where the pricing is different.

Details of package:
WEDDING DAY

1. 1 Wedding Gown
2. 1 Evening Gown
3. 1 Tea Dress
4. 1 ROM Dress (Can be changed to a Mother’s Gown or Father’s Jacket)
5. 1 ROM Make-up and Hairdo or make-up/ touch up before church wedding.(Can be changed to 1 pose)
6. 1 ROM Hand Bouquet (Can be changed to 1 Sister’s Gown or another Hand Bouquet for photoshoot or 1 pose)
7. 2 Man Suits for rental, 1 pant make to measure for keeping.
8. 1 ROM Jacket (Can change to 1 Brother’s Jacket)
9. 2 Father’s Jackets
10. 4 X Bridal Make-up with Hairdo (Trials, studio, actual day and night)
11. No Charge for Accessories (Hair, Necklace & Earrings)
12. 1 Fresh Flowers Bridal Bouquet of your design.
13. 6 corsages for “Brothers” and Dads.
14. Bridal Car Decoration. Any design using artificial flowers.

STUDIO

1. 5 Gowns (Inclusive of the 2 actual day gowns).
2. 3 to 4 Man Suits (Inclusive of actual day suit).
3. Bridal Make-up with 5 Hairdos.
4. Studio Outdoor Photo Shooting (Local) to 2 to 3 places.
5. Indoor Studio Photo Shooting in Yvonne Creative own personal studio.
6. Bridal Bouquet.

PHOTOGRAPHS

1. Hot Laminate Album. No Charge for the followings… Matt or Glossy, put wordings and full page without border.
2. (15R) 12” X 15” = 30 poses (20 pages Album)
3. 20” X 24” Portrait = 1 pc or ‘3 in 1’ portrait (Meaning 3 different poses in one portrait.
4. 8” X 10” Table Top = 1pc
5. 4” X 6” Postcards = 48pcs (6 poses) or 100 Thank You card = 100pcs or (15R) 2 poses.
6. 5” X 7” Mini Album = 30pcs (5R) (repeated poses from the 20 pages 15R Album)

OTHERS

1. 1 Guest Book or
2. 1 CD ROM with Selected Photos from 15R Album
3. No Charge if wedding is on different days or postponement if rain during outdoor photoshoot.

Other Details (Hidden Costs):

1. Ampoules = $25
2. Eye Lashes = $15
3. Morning Surcharge: before 7am = $50
Before 6am = $100

4. For MTM dresses:
• No charges for Swarowski Crystals except if it for whole gown
• No extra charge on additional flowers or ribbons on gown unless if the flowers or ribbons requested are of special materials – means they don’t have it in the studio so need to go purchase somewhere else.
• Full lace or full embroidery will be charged.
5. Addition of Wedding car (BMW) rental = $380 (Usual price from wedding car.com = $500)

Thank you.