(2008) Brides of year 2008

stephanie101009

Hi Shirley,

Congratulation ! Your VG highlight look very nice & interested..Btw, how is the services & rates provided by DK ? Tok of shortlisted them in my list :p

Cheers
Stephanie

rayrachel

PInky> thanks!
happy.gif
yah. it sure is.. esp during the CNY..when people ask.. i dun have to avoid the question..
happy.gif

clare> hahaha.. yeah.. i'm 5 weeks plus now.. just went to the gynae today..
happy.gif

hehe...

for those TTC or want to know know how conception really happens to 9 months full term..

go to youtube and search for "in your womb" its a 10 part series.. very amazing.. hehehe..
happy.gif

eunicet

racht: Heh...I a bit lazy to upload in two places leh...You don't have Facebook I guess? Mmmm, give me a while!
happy.gif

Going to look at Shirley's photos now!
happy.gif

pinjie8275

Happy New Year to all!

I am back to forum!! My life pace seems so fast and busy ever since my wedding and honeymoon is over...

I have thousands of photos to share but dunno where to start from cos' the size of the pic are too big.

So most of you using facebook to share pictures and videos? Multiply and friendster keep on hanging leh...

My facebook email is [email protected].

jolene428

Morning!!!

Sorry for MIA-ing for the last few days! Was busy doing up my website and posting my new releases ^^ Heehee... I guess u all must have receive the either blasting multiply and facebook publicity :p kekeke...

Jane: i used to want 4 kids when i was young. Coz my bro and me are 3yrs diff and he always dont play with me coz i thk he tot i was childish. These few yrs then i realised he always tot my parents love me more coz i always kena all the caning, scolding and curfew... weird rite? Coz my bro is those v honest and guai boy so of coz they wont scold and cane him lahhh and always thk he knws his fen1 chun4. I rem before i found out the truth, i always felt like an only child.. no one to play with. So i thought having 2 daughers and 2 sons will solve the playmate issue...

But when i was teaching in 2003, i got afraid of the quality of children i may produce since society is really messy nw.. so i decided two is enough but my HB told me then tt he wants 3 kids coz his family is 3-children family...more laughter, joy and company. Yea, so nw i thk min i must have 3 children. Hahaha i love big family.. Mine only 4 pax.. small and quiet everyday...

pinkybtb

Rach has graduated from singapore brides and moving on to motherhood!
i was telling a childhood fren abt the magazines girls read:
Teenage,Her World, Female, Style Weddings,Home deco, Motherhood, ParentsHood, whats next after tat leh??? Child's report book? hahaha

fionachua83

hi gals, i am back from korea. wao... veri cold there din get a chance to see the snow but buy a lot of masks back. Nw having a bad cough not feeling well. Where is the place u all toking abt? where is the nearest mrt station?

rayrachel

viv> hah.. ok la.... just wish that bb will be safe and healthy during the 1st trimester..thats all i ask for now..
happy.gif

Pinky> hahaha.. so funny... but u are sooo rite....

i think mine would be...
Teenage> Cleo> Her World> Style Weddings, Spore Brides> Motherhood> Home n Deco> Parents Hood...

hahhahaha.... report book? MMmm.... how to bring up a child.... hehehee....

jolene428

well, since my GIL and my grandma already great grandma so no longer an issue le.. but then i just love kids
happy.gif
its like my own product, but i m worried if my baby is not cute leh :p kekeke...

so if my HB nt convinced to have cow baby then wait til rabbit or dragon baby lor :p then i will focus on my biz :D

jolene428

charma: alamak, why ur MIL like tt one? ehhh next time u put 'do not disturb' at the door lah... tell her off said u wan grandchild then dont disturb us!! :X

jane: kekeke ya lor, i thk my HB so funi.. must test run so many times.. thk his engineering brain trying to be funni.. he thks alot de lah... financial planning and all done by him.. keke like tt i no need worry oso :p

ahcharm

Jolene: U same as me.. My elder brother also older than me 3 years.. During when childhood times, he will gang up with our cousin with almost same age as him to bully me. But I am not a softee.. I also fight back.. Haahaaa..

Yeah I agree with u.. I feel like a loner esp even when my younger brother was bored. But still, 2 is the maximum for me as i feel kids are not so easy to be fed. heehee..

My hubby said he will settle the problems before we move in..

Now he bothering me with other problems.. Tere is 2 jobs for him to choose.. Now he asked me to help him to choose.

and another is that he eyed a car.. went to test drive already.. but abit too small for him.. now he is asking me to go test drive with him to see if i like.. What an excuse.. Heehee..

rayrachel

YL> hahhaa... i'm always bery fast and efficient.. hehehehehe..

waxie> hahaa... but i'm really not the first in this thread.. at least i know 2 liaoz... ahahhaa.. but let them announce themselves... in fact i'm the 3rd!!
happy.gif

~sblbee~

fionachua,
hope dat u r feeling better now, do rest well ok? i was feeling sick yest too but getting better alrdy
happy.gif
d nearest mrt station shd b city hall mrt station....

baobei123

Hi Ladies

I am back...

Jo Vin

sorry unable to join u for MJ before CNY cos I need to clean up my room and was busying doing unpacking and washing clothes fr my HM.

Charmayne

My suggestion to ur MIL

1) I want to wash my clothing, their washing machine is full of clothing (unwash or wash) inside and there is no place for me to hang my laundry.

try to ask ur hubby to settle for u to empty the clothing in washing machine and put in a pail so u can put in urs and wash in washing machine then u jus put back the clothing u emptied.

2) i hang it in the room where we sleeps. then his mum will said I make the room no air ventilation.

try to ask ur hubby to ask his mum if so where to hang. then next time u juz hang tat place...

3) Then his brother also treat the common toilet as his personal toilet. Always put his dirty clothing wherever he likes (where there is a pail to put his dirty clothing).

ask ur hubby to put his clothes nicely in the pail if not ask ur hubby to ask his bro not to do so..

4) Sometimes his brother will used up my shampoo or bodyfoam without letting me know.

keep it in ur room and when u need to bath then bring it to the toliet.

5) Then privacy.. his mother seems to like to keep coming in and out our room as and when she like.. As I said before after she knock the room door, she will keep turning the door knob until u open.

then ur hubby got to tell his mum not to do so..

6) Plus my mother in law also like to inferee whenever i cook or bake something for my hubby.. there was once i bake a plain cheesecake as requested by him as an anniversary gift. Then my mil asked me to put fruits onto it as that is the only way to let him eat fruits. Told her my hubby will get angry if i do that.. and she refused to listen and put the fruits herself.. End up that day, we quarrel instead of celebrating happily.

hmm. hv to do sercetly .. maybe at ur parent's hse..

sourduck

HI Stephanie,
The DK was not bad,,they have 2 videopgrapher on the wedding day to capture different angle..they charges are pretty reasonable. Becoz mine was a lunch wedding, they gave me a discount as the hours are shorter. the team are all very fun and helpful..they even help my freelance photographer to give lightings when we take photograghs from table to table.

HI iciclediamond, i am sure you will get your pretty pics soon..i havent get any yet as well.just that the PZG n VG are helpful to load it online coz i been bugging them.

jolene428

lol..

actually basically yvonne trying to say.. sometimes those hard to say thgs, get ur HB to say for u ba
happy.gif
It saves alot of unnecessary quarrels with ur MIL...

but hor, its ok to put ur shampoo etc in ur room then need then bring along in a pail to the toilet. Coz in hostel oso like tt de mah.. it also hints to ur BIL wat u are displeased abt and hope he zi4 dong4...

kellyduffy

hi ladies..

Just drop in to say hello to everyone... been really busy at work recently.. and then at home is usually watch tv... not much chance to do surfing...

we just got the wireless modem, so can finally both use the internet at same time..
happy.gif

I am also staying with MIL, but she is pretty cool to let us have our way. no rush on kids also.. think only my maternal side is the anxious one..

Jolene: congrats on your online store!
happy.gif

jo_vin

Hi Gals, sorry for mia for so long. Cos just collected the soft copy of my AD photos. Then had to transfer to my brother's laptop, then to my comp. Aiya, very troublesome. Then weekends was bz gg out and also my grandma's bday. Then had to select the photos for my coffeebook album. Very rush so that i can have it by CNY. Finally got abit of time to breathe. Hehe..

So how's the gathering le? Shall we settle on 1st Feb, Sun? At least still got the New Year mood. If drag too long, no mood liao leh. Just come over my place for gathering around afternoon time ba. Then i think Me, Charmaine and Jane can play mj ard evening time right? Or we can all just play some p0ker. New year must play abit, else no new year mood. Haha..

lilacbliss07

hihi gals.. ya im busy these few days too.. =P

haiz CNY coming le so many tins to do.. i also rushing my photographer to give me the album before CNY.. hehehe...

charma.. ur hubby too dependant on u.. like my hubby also.. everything ask me to decide.. pengz... but good also la.. got the power to make decision.. but he also very stubborn if he decide on something.. he wun change his mind no matter wat i say.. humph!!

ok im fine with 1st feb.. keke.. =D

jo_vin

How about the rest of the girls? Pinky81, Yvonne, Kelly, Jazzy, Stay, Lost, Rommie, Blanqq, TanLee and any one else?

Charmayne n Jane, please update the attendance list. I've attached it again.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif

Attendance.xls (24.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

lost_in_space

sorry gals.. i can't make it.. got another CNY lunch appt that day.. super tired.. i had already collected my wedding photos like 1 weeks after my wedding.. but hor.. until now i haven't organise them yet!! HELP!! 600 photos.. to do..
sad.gif
haix.. jovin where is ur place.. maybe i try to pop by..

Charmayne : advice to you is.. don't bother so much.. don't because of the shampoo and quarrel.. waste ur time.. either u bring it back to your room.. if not just put there and let him use.. (like that u more da fang)

last few days.. i also got some small problem.. cos SIL birthday.. every year i give her ang pow.. but so big liao.. thought this year don't give.. but ended up i still give her lah.. cos hor.. i still staying together with them.. my mentality is that spend some $$, and buy myself peace~ :D after i move out.. then no more ang pow :p good idea?

stephanie101009

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for e reply :p Think will get a quote from DK... My big day fall on 101009, hope they are still available :p.. Btw, possible to PM me their contact cos i cant access to your link leh... If not, possible to relink again cos i remb their seeing contact details in your link yest ;p

Cheers
Stephanie

ahcharm

Jo_vin, I still cannot confirm if I can make it on 1st Feb because normally I will still go for visiting. I will try to drop by that day.

Ya lor.. My hubby said he will be the middle man for me when we moved back..

Jane: ya lor.. sometimes he drives me crazy when I asked him to decide himself and he kept throwing the qns back to me..

Yesterday went to see and test drive his fav car.. Now waiting for him to confirm his employment before he purchased the car..

As for the shampoo, I will put it inside the toilet and monitor the amount left.. then buy a spare one before it finished..

msclaire

Ladies, just curious.......which side are you on? give angbao or dun give angbao for cny? i'm hearing mixed views from friends, colleagues, etc...

lilacbliss07

hihi gals i updated the attendance list le.. =D

yvonne u say u unable to join us before CNY?? but the gathering is after CNY ma.. so u can come or not?? keke...

Btw u all going to give angbaos tis yr?? coz i tot 1st year dun need give angbaos?? hubby also say so le.. den i dunno need to give or not.. haiz...

ahcharm

Jane: Yes it is true that the 1st year no need to give ang baos.

But still up to individual.. I am giving this year.. scared wait got any san gu lu po gossip gossip..

~sblbee~

msclaire,
same wif lsntyl, my in-laws n mum expects us to give angbao tis yr but there's another saying by my colleagues saying dat 1st yr can b exempted....in order to make everyone happy, we decided to give but den burnt a big hole in our pockets cos it's including buying cny goodies for both sides plus a big angbao
sad.gif
wonder if govt can give tax rebate on tis for young married couples? *hahaha*

baobei123

Hi Jane

Yap before CNY i wont be able to make it..
cos Jo vin asking me when I comin back for MJ..

so is 1 feb confirm ?? or shd we wait for the rest to reply and see the majority...

lilacbliss07

sorry forget to attach the attendance.. keke..

yvonne.. u just update it first lor..

charma.. ya i also tin i will give.. wait pple say also.. keke..

Lost.. not so le.. im teochew also.. also i tin give better...

jo_vin

Hey gals, ya, i also have this headache of to give or not to give ang baos. But i think i should be giving ba.. Looks more 'da fang' also. Scared later if dont give, then ppl say u 'geow'. Haha.. Esp if u go ur fren's house bai nian, then ur fren's house got kids, if u dont give, abit paisey right? Ermmm....

Yvonne, come la.. Another gathering ma. Else later only a few ppl. Haha.. Lost, u got cny lunch ah? Nvm, come after ur lunch. We organise prob ard 3/4 pm. Dont tell me ur lunch havent end hor. Hehe.. Nvr see u b4, only chat here. Come la.. Btw, my house is at Kovan area.

gingerbread_gal

what i heard from my aunt is that because we just got married and hence we don't have sufficient time to make babies such that our babies 'qualify' for red packets - hence we don't need to give red packets. rather, we should be receiving red packets from elders or something like that....

and so sorry, i won't be able to make it for the dinner tom....you all have a good time!
happy.gif

lsntyl

Jac>that's an interesting view.
happy.gif
Never heard of that. Some of my colleagues also insist that 1st year, couples don't have to give but can receive. But both my side say have to give so bobian.

flora_bliss

msclaire, my gf's MIL told her not to give angbao on the 1st yr coz all the couple's wealth will be given away. Tat's why she forbid my gf give the angbao.

~sblbee~

hey gals,
any kind soul can guide me to seah street deli? where is it located? hehehehe.....
so updated shd b as below:-
1) fionachua
2) florabliss
3) LSnTYL (for a while)
4) ^MeiLingG5^
5) msclaire (for a while)
6) nec
7) nelle
8) providencia
9) SotongLet