(2005) Brides of year 2005

popie

Hi all!
Me a 2005 bride-to-be too! =) a little early lah. haha, but dun think its unfound. there seems to be 1001 things to do. waiting for tong shu too. so date not cfm yet. but most prob be in May if the dates are fine.

dor

alloo ladies out there
finally u gals respond. well, i think i m the most ks one starting the Jan 05 link first in oct
happy.gif
no one reply until now

well those who hv not booked their banquet one, plse do so if u wan ur wedding to be held in the lunar 2004 as those dec 04 good dates are almost snapped up. actualli u can ask them for 2005 rates. i got the rates in early nov03 oledi

i hv booked my banquet oledi. now sourcing for bridal package to be sign by this mth to lock the price.

Cutibear
so when is ur AD? which hotel n bridal shop did u go to?

ane

Hi Dor,

my AD will be on 08 Jan 05. Hv took up Pan Pac Promo and signed up with Irene's Creation.

How abt u?

applel

Hi nanshee, thks.......btw, "eight characters" does that mean the birth date as well as the exact time when we r born??.or juz the birth date will do??

Hi Celestine, mi havent even bk anything yet.hehehhe...might be sourcing around 1st lor............

dor

Hi Cutiebear
mine is on 13 Jan 05 at Regent. As for the bridal shop, still sourcing for it.Hv u too booked ur AD photographer? i m lookin at that one too... but it might be too early

popie

haha. looks like i got my priorities wrong.

elaine77, i booked my BS liao leh. Seletar Broadway. Anyone got any comments on the BS to share? i looking out for banquet places. cant decide between restaurant and hotel. any tips?

wah now can book dinner already ah? but tong shu not out yet, how to cfm the wedding day?

ane

Hi Dor,

I roughly know which AD photographer i will be using, but have not contact him yet.

Sourcing for bridal shops are fun, take your time and try those gowns!!

andreal

Hi everyone,
I had my ROM last fri...upgraded to 'Mrs' already heheh. Now my MIL wana discuss our customary leh..and told mi beta to hv it in chn lunar mth AUG!! so my dec dream burst kekek. She want us to start early so dat dun hv to rush everything.

biba,
i dun tink i can hold my customary in dec, cos MIL want it in Sep, she just informed mi few days ago and gona bring mi see the 'goddess of mercy' tomolo abt it..hmmmm so i might nid to book things earlier than expected :p BTW abt ur JP David Loh, i heard many couples said he's a jovial and friendly person. If i will to solem. outside..sure get him one *grin*

nanshee!
i got the info u emailed mi *S* Err...wat is his charges huh?
Haiyah u & ur frens so creative! it sure make the ROM or AD more special hehe.

Sean,
In dat case i shall call up the restaurant/hotel after this CNY. Oh yeah i act. went to the 1st alamac link u attached and agar agar check auspicious dates.

Leong,
hi the price at Noble House is rather reasonable
happy.gif
Food is delicious, high ceiling no pillars. U check out this link: linkhttp://www.tunglok.com/pages/06_wedding.php
When u wana go see Master Lee? cos i oso interested *winkz*

hi celestine *wave*
welcome to this thread
happy.gif

U settle which date for ur customary?

bibien

Hi Andreal,

I also intended to have my customary in Sept 05.. planning to have it on Mooncake Festival...
happy.gif

Hi Audrey,

I had forwarded the link to ur yahoo mail....think that time the ROM makeup by Daniel is $150 (if I remember clearly).
happy.gif
U can make an appointment with him and he can show u his albums...
happy.gif

sihui_jing

Hello Ladies of 2005 Brides!!
happy.gif

Just have my ROM last Fri ... plan to have my customary in 2005 ... date still not yet cfm ... need to discuss with hubby for that .. might need to consult a fengshui master for gd dates ... any gd master to recommend???
happy.gif

Andreal: Hihi ...
happy.gif
! Finally our ROM is over .. No time to drop by your side for a chat at Teahouse .. hee hee .. I'm busy being the limelight .. taking photos .... You see it right? By then I finished taking photos, the buffet have ended, nothing left ... I din really eat .. so pity! U left early on that day hor ... thought I might able to catch you later .. but you went off liao ... Everything went well except for abit delay .. but 'heng' not big issue ... keke .... So what are your preparations so far ... Keep in touch .. take care ya!

Vivien: Hi ... hmm .. having your customary on Mooncake Festival ... so special .. must be a gd day ... Lunar 08/15 ... What are your preparations so far??

nanshee

Hi Leong
yap, time born and English birthday will do (cos he will translate to lunar date for you) so no worries, he will request for PIL DOB as well .. pricewise about $100 .. he is good .. go his website and see .. www.lisfengshui.com .. the charges are there and what info he needs will be displayed on the website as well ..
happy.gif

Congrats, Andreal ... his charges about $100 .. better to book appointment .. go to his website ... and you will find all details ...

yalor ... dunno when my turn comes for AD, will my frens be as creative as now .. ha ha .. cos by 2005 some of them might be too busy with their family planning .. kekeke ...

Congrats to Sihui .. perhaps you might want to consider Master Li .. we went to consult him .. quite good .. why not surf his website and see see look look before you dec ..
happy.gif

neo

hey vivien! saw the photos, you look good!!

I'm very particular about make-up artist,because i don't want to look disastrous on my wedding day mah
happy.gif
... in a dilemma whether to engage those prominent make-up artist (which cost a bomb!
happy.gif
) or someone who charges reasonably...am interested in Graneil Loh too, anyone has any comments about his work?
happy.gif

andreal

Morning All!

vivien,
Wad a coincidence!!!...my MIL oso considering Mooncake Festival best date(lunar mth Aug Day15)And that is the one i prefer oso hahaha. Which restaurant u looking into? I really dun know when the best time to book the banquet, hw abt you?

Btw abt Daniel MU, does he has any website? im curious too *smile*

Sihui!!
hehe...yeah finally our ROM over, i saw u at TeaHouse bz taking pixs ley
happy.gif
Huh? u really din eat ah..cos for mi, i wanted to order the noodle but was too full :p Was glad that all my guests love the svc & food there. Cos for us, we held in registry so by the time we had tim sum...almost wana doze off hehe. My bouquet still at my kitchen in a vase!

Okie at least yours not really affected by the 'delay', hey if convenient u let mi know wad was dat thru' my email *grin* So far MIL wana discuss abt our customary and hv it in sep'05, she bery excited checking abt the customs and items involve wif elders hehe.

ppgroom

Hi cutiebear,

you AD photographer just purely take pics of the AD? care to share on the charges etc? you shd know my email by now kekeke

sihui_jing

Hello everyone!!!!
happy.gif

Nanshee: Thanks!! I will check it out the website, $100 seem to be a reasonable price also!

Andreal: YO .. U got mail!
happy.gif
Check it out ... !
Guess u must be pretty excited ... cos soon u will be preparing for ur customary ... keep me update!!!
happy.gif

nanshee

Sihui, welcome .. do check it out .. he teaches u about some custom as well ... ;p

ladies ... actually .. i also dunno when to book the venue .. any advice??

il_mare

Hi Andreal,
My customary will b on 7th july 2004, tats the day my FH & me started our relationship plus both of us borned in the yr 1977, our favourite number is 4.

il_mare

Sorry posted wrongly, me so sotong today. Should be 27th mar 2005. 7th july 2004 is my solemnisation. pai seh, today too blur

bibien

Hi Sihui/Andreal/nanshee and all...
happy.gif

I got the wedding date but haven't prepare for anything yet.. coz hubby was currently not in SIN. so will have to wait till he come back in Mar 04 then can decide on the banquet venue.

But currently we had a few in mind already... so now trying to find out more ...We are considering 88 restaurant (@ harbourfront), Qianxi (Marina), Tung Lok (the one at Daimaru)..

As for the booking of the dates.. think if the banquet mgr allows and u r fine with the pricing and all arrangement .. u can go ahead and book already.. think need to be kiasu sometimes to get the venue u want especially if the date u chose is a Hot date..
happy.gif

oh Andreal..Think if u go to the directory and click on the bridal makeup.. Daniel should have his website there.. else u just go to the posting under the Experts.. and u can request for his price list..
happy.gif

bytjolia

Hi Dor, Touraco, cutiebear, elaine77, Lynne and PPgroom.....

So nice to have this thread. =p

Cutiebear.. you're really fast!! i wished we could settle these things quickly too... but my FH prefers to take his time... heehee...
how do you like Irene's Creation? pretty ex right...

Lynne... how do you find Seletar Broadway? why did u choose it? their photog or gowns good? good value for $? near your house?
heehee.. sorry so many questions...

anyone going for marina mandarin show on 3 Jan? or graceful image on 4 Jan?

anyone knows of any other shows?

ane

Hi Hui,

cos my FH works 7 days a week and happen that he's free during 2 weekends, so i chop chop finish up everything.

Yes, Irene's Creation package is abit ex. and i must admit that i signed up by impluse!! The only reason of signing up is that my FH is amaze by the gown that I've tried on!!
blush.gif

Hv u start yr sourcing so far?

popie

Hi Hui,
hmm. to tell you frankly, SB not i choose one. my FH choose one. haha. i was just told by him to go there to sit down n listen to the staff talk and promote the package. hee.
i was initially very worried, duno whether SB trustworthy anot. cos like nvr hear b4. but according to FH, they do photo shoots for convocation every year. highly recommended by the university some more.
but i had a very confortable experience with the staff. due to our tight budget, we really stretch the package to the max, but the staff who service us was still very patient and everything was very negotiable. even the big boss came to sit down and talk to us and assure us that everything would be fine. the gowns are made to measure. which is something i really like, cos its going to be brand new! photos also not too bad. i mean, its jus a very normal package. unless you are looking for something very fanciful and original, for the price we paying i think its a good deal.=)
well, its not near my house. haha. i live in the west and SB is in the north.

no lah, you not asking alot of qn. i also alot of qn one. haha. glad that green horn like me can be of help. hee.

so wat are the shows which you be going?
marina mandrin show must pay? what will they be showcasing?
heard that there is a tung lok bridal show coming up too. on 10Jan. but must pay. thinking of going for that.

biba8169

Hi gals,

So busy lately, coz gonna prepare for my ROM on 25th Dec. so fast..quite excited actually. Juz collected my certs yesterday, gotten silver canister and went for engraving for $21.90. Pretty nice work tho. Now headache, as I'm
looking for wedding bears for display. Thot of getting precious moments dolls but they r w/o stands, so have to use blue-tac to stick 'em...sigh..forget it. Vivien,nanshee,laluna,andreal....anyone know where to get cute couple bears? Forever friends weddin couple?
Gosh, I also din know that exchange of rings shd be wore on the left hand finger for bride too! I heard ppl always say, guys-left, gals-right? Isn't it? Y? Until my sis told me today that ring suppose to wear on the left hand finger...oh no, as when i custom-made my ring, the lady use my right hand!Gonna put it on my left hand later.

My gown also send back to BS to alter yesterday, slightly tight at the chest. But my seamstress says bustier shd be tight! but i simply find it too hard for deep breathe!!!
crazy.gif

My hotel event manager is very accomodating too. I made lots of requests and she sees to it w/o fuss. Highly recommended for WB to held there. Will consider Shangri-la for Banquet in 2005. My BS is great too,jus purchased their gown alone but lots of additional services provided. The ppl there made me feels at ease. IC is really great!At least, gotten some pleasant experience with BS and Hotel, kinda easy when come AD planning.

Lots of last min things to do now. hope no rain that day. will send photos when ready. take care everyone k....
wink.gif

sihui_jing

Hi biba,

Congrats to you .. muz be feeling very excited .. hee hee .. I was very anxious on my ROM day oso .. haha ... wif a slight delay for the solem ... hmm .. I used Ty bears: Mr & Mrs are the name of the bears, I used that for my own ROM, I place it on the table ... U wanna take a look at the bears?? I can send the photo to you .. keke ...

I oso got the silver canister, not yet engrave .. where you done ur engraving har?? For $21.90?? Hmm, like abit ex .. or that is the normal market rate?? If you solem at ROM, u can get free engraving from Say yes .. the other time my cousin have her engraving there for free cos she ROM there ....

Hmm .. I oso have alot of last min things for my ROM .. but luckily, only a slight delay .. everything went on well ...
happy.gif

Enjoy your that day!!!

Cheers!!
Sihui

sihui_jing

For booking of banquets in 2005, think most hotels & restaurant will only open their booking next yr,2004 ... just abt 2 wk to a new yr ... !! Guess the begining of the yr .. will be able to book for 2005 .. check it out with the hotels ...

As for me, planning for 2005 oso .. but mayb last half yr of 2005 .. so I might start my wedding shopping next yr May onwards ... Now only browsing & looking ard but with no actions taken .. hee hee ...

Anyone attending the bridal show from Graceful, on the 4th Jan 02??

Cheers!!
Sihui
happy.gif

josie

Hi Sihui & Andreal

Hey happy to see you two here ...how life ?
Sihui ...
happy.gif
you have become MRS also
happy.gif
any photos to share ?

I was thinking of customary in last half of 2005
And will be attending the Orchard hotel Wedding affair on 10 jan2004 ? Anyone interested in joining us ?

Now I know Sihui and Andreal have both ROM on the same date and place ? Hear from you again !!

bibien

Hi Biba....

Congrats..
I think I saw stands for Precious moment doll before.. but is to be bought separately ..maybe u can try bugis.. level 4 there is a shop beside the entrance to the toilet.. saw before a forever friend couple bear about $30++.. quite cute...maybe u can go and check it out.. or else go to Kalm's shop.. they should have..

Hi Shihui..
Actually wanted to go for the Graceful image bridal show.. but then must make appointment.. and from 12 pm to 6pm rite??Then was afraid wait they do those 1 to 1 consultation??

elaine77

Hi Everyone,

ariel, andreal,nice saw u all here again.. hehee.. remember i used to post at another thread.

Ive been searching for a few hotels and restaurants but some of them have not open for booking it, anyone of you attended weddings at SUntec city ballroom or thier function room before.. how was it? Just need some feedbacks on that.

Josie, what time is issit for the Orchard hotel wedding affair? Im quite interested to go but i need to know more details. Thanks.

sihui_jing

Hi Josie,

So nice to see you here .. Andreal & I ROM on the same day .. but not the same place ... I ROM at Teahouse while Andreal ROM at ROM itself but have a buffet at Teahouse ... We managed to get to see each .. her room is just beside mine ... but we don't have time to chat with each other ... hee hee ...

I'm fine ... just busy with my biz promo now, suppose to launch next wk ..
happy.gif
I'm still doing up my editing part of my photos .. once okay .. will send the link to you ... maybe another wk or so ...

U going to the Orchard Hotel wedding affairs?? I'm interested ... can tell me more of it?? Thanks!

Hi Vivien,

Actually, I had made an appt with them & have also recd their invitation card ... but I have doubts on whether shd I attend .. seem like quite neg feedbacks been given in the thread ... I might have second thoughts for that ... actually, have shortlisted Jazreel's Low ... just looking out for a few to make comparsion only .. if nothing goes wrong, I will be signing with JL for my bridal package ... cos I like their service & Marcus their designer ... very friendly type .. which I feel very much comfortable with!
happy.gif

Hi Elaine,
So nice to see you here too .. hee hee ..
happy.gif
I will try to gather some info on the Suntec city function room & let you know...

josie

Hi hi all

Date : 10jan2004
Venue : Orchard Ballroom Level 3
Time : 1300hrs

Showcase :
- Elegant Bridal Grown by Irene`s Creation
- Food tasting
- tips about Auspicious dates by World Renowned Fengshui Master

Admisson fee : S$15 per couple or S$10 for individual (inclusive of food & beverage )
Email : [email protected] for any enquiry
Tel : 67396603/6534/6582

I actually got the information from the latest HER WORLD BRIDES Magazine .
The main point I am going to this Wedding show cos I wanna to take a look with their ballroom cos their banquet is at my budget ... Hee Hee .

Sihui ,

So you have decided to sign up with JL bridal package ...think is EX rite . I got mine for 3388
:p

Hi hi Elaine ,

So nice to see you here too .....you mean they are not open for 2005 banquet yet ? Why is it so ...hmm really wonder
happy.gif
hahah or maybe we are KAISU liao hahaha !!!

applel

Hi Josie,

Ya ar.im also planning to get married in the 1st half of Yr 2005. Actually went around the hotels and realised that they are not open 4 the bking 4 yr 2005.hehhehehe.may be im a bit Kiasu lor......
happy.gif
).but guess will have to source around 1st n then later in Yr 2004, then bk ar........

Mi will b getting ROM on 31 Dec........hmmm.now a bit nervous ar.hehehe..cos dun noe whether i will be beautiful or not..hhahaha.plan to do my own makeup n hairdo.
happy.gif
)

josie

Leong ,

happy.gif
really but cannot blame us for being Kaisu as all of us want the good date . But any hotel or restaurant in mind ...share with us ?
For me i will be only source around next year ...that is why I sign up the wedding show in orchard hotel .

ROM on New Year Eve ... CONGRATULATION to you !!
Did you sign up any bridal package isn`t it gonna to include in your bridal package ? Mine was done by my bridal studio ...I have been MRS since 01OCT03 .
If you are good with make up and hairdo ..should be no problem anyway important thing is that on ACTUAL DAY pretty ...can liao!

applel

Hi Josie,

Mi havent bk any BS yet.....thinking of sourcing around next yr...any recommendations? Trying to find one that is of reasonnable price ar......

As for the dinner, i have Furama Hotel in mind........not veri sure ar.budget constraint as well.
sad.gif
(.u??

josie

Leong ,

Me have book my bridal package with Golden Horse Award which included my ROM grown,hairdo and make up ...
happy.gif
$3388 for MTM for wedding and evening grown .Have you shortlisted any of bridal studio ? I am rather happy with the service with my bridal studio .

You can take a look with my photos for my ROM
at below link :

http://community.webshots.com/user/dannynjo

Feel free to command kekeke :p
Heard good and bad points of Furama ....Furama hotel is actually in my list but my hubby say the location and the ballroom carpet which is in blue colour ....look like malay wedding hahaha that why we took out that one .For our budget we are looking at $750 per table

Hear from you again !!

Hear from you again

dragongal

hi all, i am a jan 05 bride to be as well...

i haven't selected any dinner venue nor any BS yet, but have gone to see a few boutiques like Dang, le galleria and Emanual B.

has anyone of u gone to the above before? any comments?

nanshee

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All ....

wow .. josie .. u look very sweet
happy.gif
actually I did short list Golden Hourse Award but 2 of my gfs suggest YC cos they are satisfied with it .. another one Bridal Zone ... so still looking around at gfs wedding pic .. kekeke cos i tot that would be a good guidelines ... looking into Irene's Creation too ..

hi Leong, me also haven't done anything cos very busy .. FH and myself intend to source after April 2004 cos i will be away .. hope not too late ... ;p

so how, manage to get your date for 2005??
happy.gif

josie

Nanshee ,

Thank you . Golden Horse Award was the one and only bridal studio we visit as many of my friends was being done by them and so many positive points listed in the thread so I was not worried and confident with them
happy.gif

Happy soucing and have you gone throught your ROM ?

See ya

biba8169

Halo gals!

I'm finally back again...
bounce.gif
. After my 3nites stay @Shangri. Everything went smoothly[at least rain starts only ard 5pm-event ended!], I must be thankful to my 'sisters' & wedding butler. 3months of preparation ended in jus 4hours event finally, phew.Their service & food were excellent! Very attentive lot and food jus as tasty. Had my guest praising the luncheon.
proud.gif
Next, shall come my AD in Dec 2005. Happy dat I've got more time to rest & prepare. Guess what? There were 2 other couple holding their banquet at the Ballrooms of Shang...dat nite,it's so cosy and grand esp. it's xmas day, as I went to peep.hahaha.

I am now Mrs Ng. Can't get used to it when the Hotel staff kept calling me.keke
blush.gif
Took me at least a 10 secs b4 I acknowledge 'em!!

Btw, anyone going to IC's bridal show at Orchard Hotel on 10th Jan 04? I've suggested to my husband dat I wish to held my AD on 25th Dec 05 (Sun). anyway we ain't into tongshu & our parents are open to our decision.Except dat, I wonder if the turnup rate will be low since it'll be Xmas.

The photos not ready yet. Will definitely put up online for frienz..ya.

Meanwhile, U gals let me know if anyone gotten any good BS/ Hotels.
smile.gif

skywolf

Hi ladies,

I'm new ard here... was thinking of ROM-ing in Mar 05. Havent started doing any research, though had recently started reading the posts here...
happy.gif

I was thinking of doing my ROM in Sentosa, either at Rasa or through Sentosa themselves... Had asked them for their quotations, though I'm afraid to ask more questions coz its in 2005.. *sheepish look*

Anyway, will continue to 'haunt' ard this area...

jessyy

Hi all,
I am also a 2005-bride-to-be. I have signed up the Seletar Broadway. I just sign it for impulse and do anyone here have any ideas whether this studio is good or not?! It seems their website doesn't have any customer photos but only model one.

applel

Hi Josie, u look sweet on that day. I wonder whether mine will turn out just as gd cos i will be doing my own makeup n hairdo this Wednesday.hopefully everything will turn out well ar........
happy.gif
)...........guess will hve 2 wake up early on Wed ..........hopefully will b able to get up lor.hehhehehehe...................

Hi Bila, Congratulations......
happy.gif
).looking forward to seeing ur photos........
happy.gif

Nanshee, mi 2.wont be sourcing that fast .might be next yr, after March ar.........the dates have not chosen yet.cos the dinner booking r not yet released 4 yr 2005..........

yl03

Hi gals,

I have a $2988 package with Yvonne Creative. It consists of the following :

- MTM WG
- MTM EG
- OTR Men Suit (pants MTM to keep)
- OTR Tea Dress
- Bridal Make Up (Trial, Stuido, Actual Day & Nite)
- Bridal Bouquet
- Men Corsage
- Bridal Car With Driver
- Bridal Car Decor
- Father Suit
- 18pcs of 12x15"
- 20x24" Canvas
- 8R Table Top
- 36pcs of 4R (6 poses)
- 5R Mini Album
- Accessories

I have paid $500 deposit and willing to let go at lower price. Interested pls email me at nvgiveup@hotmail

Thanks!

josie

Hi Leong ,

Thank you ...;) so this coming Wed New Year Eve...must be feeling extremely happy and excited about it . Anyway I wish Happy New Year and a blissful marriage forever and ever .

joylin_bb

Hi,
I am new here. Is it too early to start preparation now? But most of the hotel dinner booking r not yet released 4 yr 2005. But I had sign up the wedding package.

skywolf

Hi Josie,

Its only a plan.. haha, nothing cast in stone yet...
happy.gif
So in the meantime, i'll be soaking the info posted up here... :p And oh ya, u look fabulous!

Hi snow... wow, you sure are fast... which one had you signed up with?

babymonster

Hi hi hi..

I am also jan 2005 bride..
cutiebear, my tentative date is same with you ler.. I also super KS.. already booked the venue + BS..

ane

Hi babymonster,

Care to share which BS and hotel u booked with?? and what perks they offer u??

and what shall we do now??
blush.gif