York Hotel

komi

Samantha Loh - ok thanks a lot. Btw, i saw your webpage. How did you do that? It's unbelieveable! I can't do something like that cos i am a computer idiot. Everything not settle yet. Will ask you if i need help.

jiamin_loh

Hi Komi_ann,

You just log into www.wedquarters.com, they will guide you thru...I pay US$25/year...Keep me updated on your confirmation with York Hotel ok...Take care
happy.gif

mini_apple

hi all,
me gonna sign contract with york on mon.. anything i need to look out for & what else can i negotiate for... thanks

jiamin_loh

Hi Mini_apple,

Congrats! When is your AD? I think you can try negotiate with them the waiver of corkage fees for bringing in red wines...Cos I be having 25 - 26 tables and they allow to waive off 1 bottle/table...Furthermore, I think they can provide you special room rates if you gonna extend for another 1 nite stay and so on...Think they are quite flexible...

Have you booked your BS, AD PG & VG liao???

happy.gif

mini_apple

hi samantha,

didnt sign the contract in the end as made some amendments to the package... will be taking the rose marie hall too. wanted to confirm the banquet first b4 sourcing for the rest...

what other perks u ask from christine? my coordinator is tracy..

can share ur BS, AD PG & VG info?

jiamin_loh

Hi mini_apple,

yes, confirm the location 1st is more important...anyway, how much you be paying per table then??? Mine is added up to S$630+/table...

My coordinator is tracy too, think bcos my one is a classic package so not much perks but did request from her the easel stand for my wedding portrait, additional 1 nite stay @ a discount, waiver of corkage for red wines (1bottle/table), projector TV and DVD player (photo montage)...Frankly speaking, I have made a deposit already but have not met her up with her yet (my appointment 4/2/2006 - sat)...

My BS - Mr & Miss Wedding Club
PG - Big Day Studio
VG - Ya**ies (* - p)

Happy searching
happy.gif

jiamin_loh

Hi,

The below is my breakdown:-

Additional nite stay - $170+++(upgrade to deluxe room).
4 - 5 cartons of draft beer (corkage fee) - $30+++ x 4/5 cartons.
Seatcovers - $600+ (25 - 26 tables)
Red wine - S$20 x 25 bottles.
Rental of projector TV & DVD player - $250+.

Add up the total then divide by 25/26tables...
(eg) $1,800 divide 25 tables = $72 extra + $558/table = $630/table approximately...

From here, you will be able to calculate your banquet cost + BS + PG + VG + Miscellaneous...

happy.gif

komi

Hi Samantha,

Think most likely will sign up with York hotel. Went down yesterday and talk to Cheryl but did not manage to see their Carlton Hall due to some functions going on. Now busy searching for wedding songs. Any songs to recommend? be it Chinese or English. Thanks!

jiamin_loh

mini_apple - 4 cartons is equivalent to 28.8L of beer...(300ml x 96 cans)...

Komi_ann - Congrats! Finally you have confirmed the banquet location... You can check with them (York Hotel) the songs cos they have the standard song list...

happy.gif

mini_apple

samantha, u manage to get any pic from ex-york brides, esp for rose-marie hall? quite worried as there are several pillars..

do share with me if u manage to get..

thanks

jiamin_loh

Hi Girls,

Have you all confirmed booking with York Hotel already??? Wishing all of you a happy and prosperous new year 2006...
happy.gif

jiamin_loh

Hi mini_apple,

Never log in a long time liao... Oh yeah! paid the balance deposit and she did show me around the ballroom and their deluxe room, GREAT!!!
happy.gif

When did you meet up with her??? Wow, another York Hotel BTB...Congrats!
happy.gif
How is the preparation going on now???

Do you have any MSN??? Mine's [email protected]

happy.gif

yurieve

hi,

can i know wat is the price range like for York hotel for fri/sat/sun dinner? wat is the min table requirement?

jiamin_loh

Hi ladies,

how is the discussion??? wondering how many brides have already booked their wedding banquet @ York Hotel???

havavi

Hey gals, I going to book the rosy hall too.
have met up with cheryl.
hope to get more perks, but i dunno what i could ask for?
as i dont think i want the ice thing, food tasting or free 20l beer.
if upgraded to bigger room, a bit useless as didnt stay in the room that much that day. unless i going to have after dinner party.
oh my ad is in sept 06.

jiamin_loh

Congrats Jas,

How many tables have you confirmed??? Actually I am thinking of taking the Carlton Hall cos is pillarless...Too bad is fully booked for all the hall that day...
sad.gif

Anyway, I think you can request for something else in exchange if you dun want certain perks...My package is the standard S$558/table so can't request much also...except that I will have the waiver of corkage charges for the red wine I bring in that day (***2 bottles/table)...
happy.gif

havavi

cheryl suggest us to take the $658/table, so we dont have to worry abt the beer thing.
as they have this promo for the 658 pkg.
free flow of beer or 1 bottle wine free for each confirmed table.
wanted carlton hall, but cant meet the min 28 table required.
we got to come up with 25 tables, as its a weekend. sian.
guess i will request for another night stay.

jiamin_loh

Jas,

So you have confirmed 25 tables...Rose Marie Hall??? I will bring in my own wine and beer so work out to be around the same...I request for changes in the menu so top up about S$20 more...
happy.gif

Mini_apple,

Actually should be 30 tables, if lesser than that - think she can help you arrange also provided the carlton hall is not being booked... Although I have 25 + 1 table, she can actually arrange to put me in the carlton hall but too bad is fully booked...
sad.gif
Aiyah, doesn't matter lah - overall package is very worth...
happy.gif

jiamin_loh

Mini_apple,

Not so soon...food tasting will be 2 months before my AD...I change the 5th dish to spinach with mushroom and scallops...the last course is yam paste with gingko nuts...So when is your AD???

havavi

Hi mini and sam,
well when we book the rose marie, cheryl also refuse to soften abit on the 25 tables rule for weekend. so we got to come up with 250 people plus 20 people on reserve list (just in case got some no show. so in any case that as the mths goes by my guest list expand to 280 confirm, then she will let us have the carlton if nobody booked it for that day. she is right, if too big hall and little table, it will be cold and like empty!
anyway i was thinking of asking the florist to put up more deco, got to see how much extra its going to cost me.

jiamin_loh

Jas,

I have 1 reserve table only but need to finalise with them again...
happy.gif
anyway, have you booked your BS already and when is your PS???
happy.gif

ice_blue

Hi

I am thinking of holding my wedding at York Hotel but I have not seen the place yet only thru website and find the ballroom quite nice. Anyone been there to view the ballroom before, can you share the info with me For Example: is it pillarless, is the co-ordinator friendly and etc..

Thanks

jiamin_loh

Hi Candy,

You can actually fix an appointment with the coordinator, they will show you around...
happy.gif
I think they have a few ballroom (eg) top of the york, rose marie hall and carlton hall...I only know that carlton hall is pillarless... By the way, you are looking to have how many tables???

ice_blue

Hi Samantha,

I am not sure how table I needed yet but should be around 25-30 tables. I plan to hold my wedding next year so now have to start searching.
happy.gif

When is your Wedding, Samantha?

havavi

Hi Candy
Since you have more time to look around, go look around at more places. And ask abt if they are going to renovate the ball room anytime. Actually like York hotel, the ball room can look quite outdated, so will need lots of deco (my opinion). I have asked if they are going to renovate before Sep, but they only going to renovate only the cafe outside the rose marie hall (Sigh). These lately there will be some hotels having wedding fair.

Sam,
they also giving me 1 reserve, but since we final confirm number of table 1 week before, so i guess should not be a problem.
My BS is Everbliss at Suntec.
PS in early July.

jiamin_loh

Hi Candy,

my AD is 9th Dec 2006 and now already starting preparing for it...
happy.gif
Actually the most important is how much you willing to set aside your budget cos I know York Hotel is consider ok compare to some other hotel...
happy.gif
Agreed with Candy that York maybe a little outdated but overall still acceptable...You can look around some other hotel and make comparison...
happy.gif

Jas,

May I ask how much is your package cos mine's about $3K (Mr & Miss Wedding club), my PS also July'06...
happy.gif
When you meeting your designer???

havavi

Hihi Sam,
my package is $3288+5%gst. already met the designer and show her the design i wanted. i source for my idea from those foreign wedding mag and internet. But for my EG, my idea was too simple, they said. so in the end she drew up a design for me.

Hmm... I m going with pink theme for the hall, so to match my EG (just an idea for now).

poopoo

Hi all,

My AD fall on 9th Dec 2006, still looking around for hotel. Any 1 tried the food with York Hotel before? Ok or not?

jiamin_loh

Jas - quite reasonable lah...all BS about the same...not worth if you spend more than $5K for the album...hee hee...
happy.gif

Congrats, Shirley...Have you booked the venue already cos 9th dec 2006 is a very hot date, most hotel & rest already fully booked...
happy.gif

ice_blue

Hi Samantha & Jas,

My AD will be end of next year, so right now was looking around for venues. Do you think its too early for me to book now?

BTW, Congrats to both of you!

havavi

Hi Candy,
since your AD is still quite sometime away, it will be good if you watch out for any upcoming wedding fairs held by hotels.
To book a ballroom now is not too early, as the price goes up every year by around 10%. And booking a ballroom early can save the stress of looking for one very last min.

Shirley,
According to my friends who had attended York Hotel wedding dinner, no complaint, no compliment either.
Hmmm... if some hotel that you have called before, you may want to try calling them again. Cos from my experience, there are some couples who only verbally book the place, so not really confirm. Or they forfeit the 1st deposit, so the place is free again. some place only require very little 1st deposit like $500 only.

Sam,
did you experience this also? after i booked York Hotel, the other places that we had enquired before but booked, called us saying the place is free! Geezz!

jiamin_loh

Jas - Actually, I did not encounter this cos I only call up the other hotels regarding the rates but never ask them to book for me 1st...Frankly speaking, York Hotel is the only hotel I ask them to reserve the ballroom for me cos their manager (Ms Tracy) really give me lots of advice and a very good follow up calls too...
happy.gif

Candy - Yes, you should start looking around liao then compare the rates...Some very hot dates (eg) valentines day & etc..., you need to book in advance for 1 1/2 year...
happy.gif

ice_blue

Hi Jas & Samantha,

Actually I also think its better to book now but my FH said its too early to book now, he intends to book around this year end. What should I do?

jiamin_loh

Candy - u check out the dates you want 1st before making the booking...If you have decided on the hotel, ask them whether still available or ready for booking yet??? if not, tell them to give u a call to inform you like what my coordinator has done...(follw-up calls)...
happy.gif