What makes a guy ‘ghost’ or ‘disappear’ without a word?

Passing rain

I met a guy online through a dating app. He had been chatting with me everyday and sent me messages at least two to three times every single day, without fail for more than three months.

We met a few times too.

However, one day, he just disappeared totally, even though I still see him ‘online’ on his whatsapp.

There was no disagreement at all, and he even planned to do some things together after his trip, but now he no longer replies any messages or answers any call. And no he didnt take anything from me.

Why would a guy decide to leave without a word, and not even bother to tell the woman even when he didnt want to see her anymore? U couldnt believe that someone would just ‘vanish into thin air’.

Could guys or ladies share your experiences or thoughts?

miloice

I met a guy online through a dating app. He had been chatting with me everyday and sent me messages at least two to three times every single day, without fail for more than three months.

We met a few times too.

However, one day, he just disappeared totally, even though I still see him ‘online’ on his whatsapp.

There was no disagreement at all, and he even planned to do some things together after his trip, but now he no longer replies any messages or answers any call. And no he didnt take anything from me.

Why would a guy decide to leave without a word, and not even bother to tell the woman even when he didnt want to see her anymore? U couldnt believe that someone would just ‘vanish into thin air’.

Could guys or ladies share your experiences or thoughts?

Guy could be attached and his partner found out

coldjade

Sad but high possibility he was just testing water, but got caught or got scared.

Or he didn't get what he "wanted", so he got bored and went to another victim.

Forget him. This kind not worth in investing time.

xxdaggerxx

You have to take initiative , dont expect the guy to initiate every conversation and do everything for you.
i wont be surprised if he found someone who pays more attention to him.

steo11

I just experienced this craziness too....waa texting till 3pm on the day of the meet up.. Then he blocked me and stood me up...
Didnt even has the courtesy to tell me if he change his mind...

Cant understand what went wrong?

Eggwhite

Is like a target practise.. some you hit...some you dont... move on for other target..

If they are still serious.. the arrow will fly back hahah

coldjade

I just experienced this craziness too....waa texting till 3pm on the day of the meet up.. Then he blocked me and stood me up...
Didnt even has the courtesy to tell me if he change his mind...

Cant understand what went wrong?

Wah I got that before too! Asked me out for dinner and movie then after that stood me up and and blocked me saying he don't get a long with me well. Weirdo. Sicalli same guy hahaha!

Jezebel

Once I met a guy from fb. He was always online. Always messaging. We met a couple of times. And then he hardly came online anymore. He said he was busy with work. Probably was ignoring me. I bumped into him again quite soon after by chance on another site miljaana. He did not realize it was me he was communicating with. So I did try to explore what was on his mind... about me. Well what I found out was that he was already married, but he does date and his preference was for married women, because he felt safer that way. Got the idea that he probably kind of felt uncomfortable because I was single back then and he did not want to go on lying about being married to me or wait for me to start suspecting it.

sane

The only reason that he ghosted on you was he’s not interested.

I wouldn’t mind though, it means that we won’t be wasting time on each other.

Just move on, there will be greener pasture out there.

I met a guy online through a dating app. He had been chatting with me everyday and sent me messages at least two to three times every single day, without fail for more than three months. We met a few times too. However, one day, he just disappeared totally, even though I still see him ‘online’ on his whatsapp. There was no disagreement at all, and he even planned to do some things together after his trip, but now he no longer replies any messages or answers any call. And no he didnt take anything from me. Why would a guy decide to leave without a word, and not even bother to tell the woman even when he didnt want to see her anymore? U couldnt believe that someone would just ‘vanish into thin air’. Could guys or ladies share your experiences or thoughts?

One of my former army mate whom I bumped back into at our car group meet up was diagnosed with cancer during the 2008 financial crisis while he was expecting to lose his job which came as expected. The double blow caused him to go into depression and ghosted on a girl he liked whom he met from a car forum. There was no whatsapp, no CMB, facebook was just gaining popularity so she came to a car meet up in another guy’s car and started spreading rumours about what a jerk he is. I almost believe her until I called his family and found out about the difficulties he was facing. He admitted that he likes that girl and I encouraged him to tell her the truth. The ending was that she ghosted him when she found out the truth.