Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

fang

hey gals..

i am sorry i cannot make it...you guys go ahead and have fun sharing
happy.gif

O

oct pooh

Hi gals....

Sorry for MIA for the last few days....was down wif food poisoning....

Amerline, Thank Q so muchie for organising....but looks like most gals can't make it....mayb we can re-schedule it next week???but gota see how the response first

A

amerline

hi oct pooh,

poor thing, hope u are feeling better!

its okie, we can always re-schedule but i think the gals here not very active...maybe u would like to join me at "Wedding Preparation Progress cum 38 club" thread...there more active and we meet up every fornight ahhahahah next gathering shd be a mani & pedi session.....

O

oct pooh

Hi Amerline,

Thanks.....me better now liao....a good chance to shed a few pounds... but in no time tink i'll put it bk +)

Haha......got this thread ah.....hee hee....will pop by to 3-8 3-8 +) so happening.....

O

oct pooh

Amerline,

The thread is under wat Forum Topic one har?? can't seems to find leh....pls enlighten me ;p mayb i "pa-jiao"....cannot see properly

A

amerline

hi curious,

my wedding in Oct'03, have not collected the cards yet. i called my co-ordinator last week and she ask me dun be so kan cheong. anyway they say they getting new cards, so told me to wait till end of this mth or early aug b4 i go choose.

when is urs?

A

amerline

hi vio

met her twice, once to sign the package and 2nd during my PS. she very nice, gave me a room to rest as i have my PS in Rasa....

meeting her next week to collect cards and talk abt certain issues.... u?

vio

who's ur co-ordinator amerline? i've yet to meet up with elaine cos she was not ard wen i went for food tasting ealier tis mth.

ur wedding is a wk b4 mine - im getting kinda kan cheong liao noe cos alot things still not done....

A

amerline

hi vio

my co-ordinator is oso Elaine. u so early go food tasting already, she ask me dun be so KS leh hehehehe....u shd arrange to meet her loh...be firm or u can always request a change in co-ordinator.....

vio

yah, was early cos dun wan to arrange another 'parents to meet' session ;)

wat flowers will u b using, think there's only 3 types to choose - rose, orchid & gebera....

A

amerline

hi vio

was thinking orchids, but scared wait like some state dinner like that hahahahha have not decided yet....maybe roses loh....u can choose other flowers, but have to top up $$ loh, depends on budget ....

yup! my food tasting will oso be a meet the parents session heheheheh both side more chin chai, so no need meet to early. meet later than no time so lesser demands
lame.gif

wedsoon

Hi Amerline,
I guess your wedding will be before mine. Mine is on the 1 Nov. I was thinking to use white lilies together with roses but will ask them the cost before deciding. Which cards are you choosing? The beige card (modern type) or the red card (more traditional)? Me thinking to get 2 different types - red one for relative and beige one for frens but is worried that the printing cost will be more expensive as 2 different stamps.

Hi vios,
Is your wedding also in Oct 03? Any other wedding held during your wedding day? As for me, there will be another couple having their wedding at the siloso ballroom. I am now worried about the parking too. Hopefully Rasa will provide bus to bring the guest from the parade square to the hotel ;p

Hi totoro,
How is your married life and your honeymoon?

vio

Hi amerline,

yah got to pay extra if we wan other types of flowers
sad.gif
haiyo everything $$$ ahhhhh.....

did u choose the cards from their latest range? heard earlier fr the thread tt they'll hv new design!

Hi wedsoon,

yup, mine oct 12. there's another wedding held at the ballrm on the same day. hope no problem w carparking ah.....

A

amerline

hi wedsoon & vio

not yet choose cards as Elaine told me to wait for new designs. i got printer already, got a frd who owns a printing firm.....

can't decide on flowers oso, i think most likely have to top up....was thinking of having a mixture instead of just one type of flowers...

i think my dat day oso got pple using the ballroom, hope they got no solemnization....hehehe i would be having solemnization earlier, so my guests may be able to chope the CP lots 1st?? hehehhee but i think they have reserve lots one lah...

J

jo

Hi,
i am holding my wedding at rasa next year May. i would like to know certain things and was wondering if anyone could help

1)how's the decor for the waterfront lawn

2)how to manage a buffet style wedding dinner for 15-20 tables

3)is it very windy/hot

4)food sufficient/cold/good?

5)possible to have any change of clothes at all? i realise it's pretty far from the hotel to be walking there to have a change of clothes

i would really appreciate it if someone can help me....thanks =0)

bonnie

Hi all

for those who use rasa wedding cards, could you please advise me, which printer did you guys go to? how much does it cost?

next, any one use the red color wedding card, with the "qing" word in front? is it nice?

Regards

bonnie

Hi amerline

do you have any idea when the wedding cards will arrived? cos i speak to my coordinator, she say that she also dun noe.

then she ask me take the red one.

A

amerline

hi bonnie

i shall check if mine later and get back to u, she told be it shd be here by end jul leh....i oso need to send out my invites early as i intend to hand deliver majority of them.....

red?? hmmmm....sounds obiang....i may go down this weekend to have a look....

bonnie

HI amerline

ya lor i also find it obiang...but like no choice leh...can check and let me know?.....me ask her so many times liao she also say she dun noe when it will arrived.

btw can i have the contact of your friend's printing shop....?

[email protected]

vio

hi amerline,

is urs at pavillion or ballrm? hv u seen any of the set-up? it'z almost 7th mth liao guess there wn't b much wedding held for us to preview
sad.gif

i've yet to meet up w them - so not seen the cards either ;)u printed ur invitation cards oready huh? did u heard anything abt the favours? is the chopsticks holder is available?

O

oct pooh

Hi Oct brides,

Wow.....so many of us getting wed in Oct/Nov.....Let me do a re-cap ;p

I rmb Boonie is 1 day after me....12 Oct rt...same day as vio!

Amerline leh...when's urs?? Mine's on Oct 11 @ Siloso Ballroom.....dunno which bride will be using The Pavilion hor

My colleague oredi collected her wedding cards liao though her wedding is 2 weeks later than mine....she said she wana do it before the Lunar 7th month...i dunno if i shld be 'pan-dang' (superstitious) but i scared kena 'suan' by my co-ordinator. Boonie bonnie....can we work together since our wedding is oni a day apart?? i seriously dunno how to go abt doing it leh

Anyone's wedding in late Sep/1st week of Oct?? thot of popping by to see the deco coz at least have "xin li zun bei" (Mentally-prepared) of wat's the deco is like on our actual day....
Am i being KS har?? can't help leh....

A

amerline

hi oct pooh

my wedding is 4 Oct...u want can feel free to peep....it will be at WF lawn for solemnization and dinner at Pavillion....i also will be peeping at other pple wedding...hahahahha

hi vio,

i have not selected the card.....Elaine told me not to be KS, she will call me once the new cards arrive....

bonnie

Good morning every one!!!!

Hi oct pooh,

no problem, we can work together. i also haven collect my wedding cards. actually quite kan jong now cos seems like ppl wed on oct already collected their cards. some also printed liao...make me panic leh....

hi Amerline

once elaine called you, can let me know asap cos i also want to collect the wedding cards. my coordinator seems like gonna be impatient liao cos i kept chasing her =p

hi rasa bride

please advise which printer u are going to print your wed cards?

ya.....please also advise, by when we need to do our finalization.

hi vio

hows your preparation? since our wedding is on the same day. have you done your finalisation....and blah blah blah.....? i haven do any thing yet leh.

O

oct pooh

Hee hee...Amerline....u say one har ;p

Yeah Boonie!!! Yup! let's work together! You let me know oso once u r informed to collect ur cards hor. I have not source for printer oso neh.....Amerline, you oways full of lobangs one...got any good lobang for printers?

I oso haven't do anything yet....kinda lost...dunno start from where leh....

vio

hi hi amerline,

once e new cards available u let us noe yah - i'll arrange to meet coordinator in early Aug.

anyone noe anything abt favours? wat they offer now?? dunno the chopsticks holder is available not hor??

hi bonnie,

on the hotel aspect, i had my food tasting oready, the rest are all not done yet
sad.gif

always wanted to go down to view an actually wedding deco but no chance.... i'm considering to add more flowers or deco at the lawn but still looking ard - not finalise yet.

printer - i'll get Hi Tec cos it's the cheapest so far
happy.gif

bonnie

Hi vio

printer - thinking of getting Hi Tec also but have they print rasa cards before?
what type will you be taking? the red or ivory?

what you mean by on the hotel aspect, you have your food tasting already? you exchange for something?

erm.....where will your cocktail be? outside the pavillon?

our wedding is on the same day right?

wah you meetin your coordinator in early Aug ah....me wil only meet her in september leh.

i also haven do any thing yet....
sad.gif

Hi amerline

will you be getting wine yourself? how many table you have? is 3 carton enough?

vio

hi bonnie,

since i'll b holding 2 dinners, 12oct i'll choose red cards (chinese dinner mah ;)) and ivory for lawn dinner. I've not seen the cards yet actually but dun think will spend extra to print my own if in any case rasa card not wat i like!

hotel aspect - meaning on the hotel arrangement part. cos we still hv other things to arrange ie. bridal boutique side, hse reno & furnishing....

my cocktail will b outside pavillion so u could hv it at lawn ;) let's coordinate on the carpark arrangement yah
happy.gif

oh by e way, i'll be getting wines too - still looking ard though. quite like Lindemans!

A

amerline

hi ladies

i can't contact my co-odinator so i left my contact and told them i am going down this sat. must gate crash already hehehhehe...

as for printers i am using my personal frd, so dunno the prices yet, i check it out than tell u all k?

i am thinking of arranging food tasting end of aug so that in case the food sucks i can still change my menu....

i shd not be having liqour, just the beer and soft drinks...dun want the dinner to get rowdy, seen a few ugly commotion of drunkards at weddings b4.....i rather spend the money on better food for my guest or more flowers!!

i went to see b4 a few weddings, quite okie lah, but hope that can add more flowers loh....if any of ur weddings after mine, i dun mind u all coming to have a look....but must come say hi one okie? ehehhehehe....

A

amerline

so angry! so difficult to get thru to the hotel! wonder if there are operators working there in the 1st place or not. can ring until line get cut off one, than when i finally get thru, the catering dept would not have a single soul in the office! dun even have a voice machine to leave a note....

anyway they say that cards only be ready end aug or early sep! ridiculous! my wedding 4 oct where got in time to send out and RSVP! i told her food tasting want to do last week aug she oso say no need so early, if it wasn't shangri-la, i would assume its having some kind of problems!

i expected so much better service from them! so disappointed! i so chin chai with them they do this to me, so must force me to be a bitch with them already loh than maybe they would pay some attention.....

A

amerline

hi ladies

finally got thru to them after much (*&&*%%$%##%(, i got them to snail mail me the sample cards, insert templates, transportation arrangement and table arrangement to me. also booked my food tasting date.

got 2 other weddings on the same day as mine, so sad, it will be so crowded at rasa, carpark and transportation will definitely be a big issue! sigh wat to do, weekends are like that, but oso good lah, got 2 other couples praying for good weather together

A

amerline

hi vio

sure....who wanna organise? next week i am free mon & wed, week after all okie....u the same vio from Oct'03 thread? if yes i think i have ur contact.....

hi bonnie,

she snail mail me the sample than i take a look to confirm, i will let u know okie?

vio

hi amerline,

yup i'm at oct03 thread too. we din managed to meet-up the last time serene tried organise too ;p

i'll arrange then, if the rest can't make it, we both go ahead lah ;)

WHEN : 3 Aug or 10 Aug, 6.30PM
WHERE : CAFE CARTEL (RAFFLES CITY)
WHAT : CHAT & SHARE SESSION

any other rasa brides-to-be are welcome ;)

T

tanyp

I would be able to join you all if itis between Mon to Thu but not on weekends. Cafe Cartel is fine with me coz it's central.

Meagan : I tried sending the photos to you but I think your mailbox is full so the email got bounced back. U want to try clear some of your emails first?

vio

hey gals.....

apologies.... date should be 4 Aug or 10 Aug - both Mondays ;p

okie so, we've amerline n tanyp + myself oready huh - great!

amerline, do u think the invitation card rasa send will reach u by tis wk?

A

amerline

hi vio,

dunno oso leh, they kinda slow nowadays! if i got it i will bring along with me to show u loh...i am fine with both dates!

vio

hello gals...

guess we shall fix in on 10 Aug (Mon), see if there'll be more brides-to-b wanna join, if not juz 3 of us lor ;)

shall remind again closer to the date!

A

amerline

hi vio,

okie...i shall mark it down on my calendat heheheheh its 11 Aug (Mon)....

vio

opsss sorry gals.... yes itz 11 aug (Mon).
guess cos my calendar starts w sun ttz y keep geeting the date wrong ;p

wedsoon

Hi vio,
I will be happy to join you gals on 11 Aug (mon). Just keep me informed if there is any changes. I just called Ethel last friday and seemed that the beigh cards are not ready yet. Have you seen the red cards yet? Any comments? I guess my mum will be happy if I will to choose the traditional red cards ;p

A

amerline

hi ladies

went down to rasa on sat and peeped at the red card (dark red card with a gold qing word in the middle).....obiang leh.....think i shall wait for the sample beige cards to arrive......

there wasn't any wedding that day, only a corporate dinner at WFL, i guess 7th month can't expect much right? hehehhehe

bonnie

Hi

the beige cards are nicer (not only that, they still have the word - wedding by the sea - this make it more special =p .....agree with amerline...red one is so obiang

i think i shall wait until it arrive though my coordinator also not sure when it will....sigh