Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

shern

hey gals, just to share: my friend's friend has the flower-ball which can be usedas ceiling decor, leave your email if you're interested. i'll be renting it for my AD....

metta

wat is a flower ball?

I think I'm taking the balloons. Elaine gave me a contact. Will call up to ask.

Yesterday I was at Spotlight. Found some cute deer antlers hair band I can give the kids as presents. (Mine AD is Xmas Eve).

Also fixing up my angpao box!

shern

metta, i've not done my ap box yet...no time got exam and had to rush out the invites....the kiddies' present is a nice idea esp on x'mas eve
happy.gif
i'll be doing small bags of stuff to keep them entertained during the dinner :p

the flower ball has a ribbon with 10 big blooms of roses forming a round shape...she has not sent me pics of it yet tho...

think balloons for eve is more appropriate
happy.gif
bout 100bucks i think...my coordinator mentioned bout it too but i wanted a flower/ribbons theme to match my invite...

metta

the flower ball sounds so gorgeous and romantic! send me a pic when u get it? the flower/ribbon theme sounds really nice - very english. R u putting up ribbons in the ballroom?

i tot of setting up a kid's corner with paper and crayons etc but hubby says they'll be busy eating with their parents..heehee..

u know, i did my maths again. $100+ for 1 helium tank, at least $1 for each pearly balloon and I need at least 200-300 balloons (so more helium tanks too) to spread out over Siloso ballroom. Quite xiong!

bridez,
I changed my timing to 6.15pm cos' even my good friend said it's too early. My buses are mainly in the West. Hopefully they'll reach by 7.15pm in case of traffic jam on Xmas Eve.

cheertho

Hi,

Do u mean that we got to pay the Rasa wedding planner to get this special deco eg balloon, ribbons,etc ???? or can we deco with our own balloons but will they charge us too??? do u ppl know abt the folding of balloon into bear, dog, etc ???

metta

cheery,
the extra decor are on own expenses (got to source for it ourselves). Rasa does not provide them, only the contracted flower stands, arches and centrepieces.

I think Elaine's contact is more expensive so I talked to Serene from Creative Balloon (http://www.creativeballoons.com.sg). Her large helium tank is $150 and pearly balloons at abt $15/100pcs (if i didn't hear wrongly over the noisy background). Will go to her place to view next week. Only setback is got to find alot of helpers to DIY!

cheertho

Hi metta,

Thks...so u mean we can go there to deco the place only on AD or the day b4 ????
so u gg to have balloons to fill the ceiling... so nice... must send me photos on ur actual day hoh... so exciting

metta

Cheery,
yes,decor only on the afternoon itself.

i will just spread the balloons around. Haven't really thought about how to place it. :p

shern

metta, wat box did you use? tot of using the one for A4 paper but find it too big....

really need 300 balloons? cos ballroom bigger right? have you met the florist? she's very nice and helpful...dunno whether to put ribbons or not....

my hb also said the same thing when i suggested kids corner :p

will email u ladies the flower-ball pic once i get it...

sleepysleep

hi girls,

i had made tentative booking for my rom+ad @ rasa sentosa already hohohoh!
i email to them and they allocate perry as my coordinator. is he good?
is there any package for rom+ad? coz at the moment i only saw individual package for rom and ad from the website.

merchelle

Hi Sleepysleep,

Congrats! u r very lucky to have perry as ur coordinator. Heard that he's very prompt in his response and very helpful. Gd luck!
happy.gif

seval

Sleepysleep,

Yeah, Perry is good and enthusiastic. I met up with him before. But he is quite junior in Rasa so he might not be able to make some decisions. I like him though.
When is your AD?

sleepysleep

huh u mean they will be renovating during 2006 june? omg! erm where did u get the information? maybe i can go read up abit
when is ur big daY? =)

sleepysleep

oh merchelle,
i missed out ur msg just now. hehe yup, felt very lucky that he's my coordinator hehee.. he's really fast in replying my email! =)))

racherlle

hi sleepysleep!

happy that u chose Rasa as ur choice!
happy.gif

hmmm i tink the renovation is in June 2005 and not 2006.. they can't possibly b looking at renovation in 2 years time rite?
happy.gif
so dun worrie..

juz to check w u..
hw many tables r u looking at?
did Perry mention to u that they will charge SGD500 for food tasting if u have less than 30 tables????

thanks
happy.gif

sleepysleep

hi racherlle,

we havent touch on those topics, i guess he will provide me more information when we meet up. he only ask how many ppl will be there for my dinner, but i havent really prepare my guest list. i am actually quite afraid of not meeting the min 25 tables coz i am intending to invited relatives and close friends only.

so how many tables u have in mind? erm, need to pay for food tasting below 30 tables.. can bargain or not for free ehheeh =P

racherlle

hi sleepy!

when r u meeting up w Perry?
hmmm i'm also having less than 25.. i'm trying to bargain for 23 or 24 tables.. hopefully it's possible.. food tasting.. yaaa.. u try to bargain for free.. and let me know if it's possible..

thanks!!
happy.gif
waiting for ur gd news!!! gd luck

sleepysleep

hi rachelle,
not too sure, i intending to go down when there rom+ad but i think seldom have both events together in one day at the moment. he mentioned theres one dinner tonight but i cant make it.
guess i would be meeting up with him soon. quite nervous plus i dont really know how to bargain for stuff.. but i was intending to ask a few friends to go with me heee. maybe they can help me a little lol!

sleepysleep

hhhee i am now thinking of a colour theme for my wedding, can any one suggest some good combi of colour for beach/sea wedding setting @ rasa? i like blue! and bf like white so he might be wearing white suit hheee..
any ideas
on brothers/sisters dressing for rom session?
colour of hand bouquet/ Corsages/ Boutonnieres etc?
thanx!!! =)))

sleepysleep

hi girls,

anyone have their events on weeknights? hows the attendance? gd? didnt alot ppl didnt turn up the last min? yesterday my sis commented that some ppl might not want to go coz is actually quite far and they still need to wk the next day.
for my case my event will be on tues night =|

hallie

hello everbody, I'm Hallie, new to this thread. I'm kinda interested in Rasa Sentosa too. had went down to take a look at the ballrooms.

Will be looking at siloso ballroom too as my no. of tables will exceed 40.
Hi pink lady, i oso feel the march-in is v v v short leh! dunno how to prolong it?? *sigh*

metta

pinklady/hallie,
I'm using siloso ballroom! I counted only 14 steps from door to stage!! Too short to get any kick out of it! So, hubby & I are walking in from separate doors and meet in the middle. Or else, do the N-shape like dazed suggested.

shern, i'm using the A4 box too. Ya, too big, but very prominent!! hahahah... Looks more presentable I think. A shoe box is too 'flat'.

hallie

Dazed/Metta,
how do we do the N-shaped march in? Walking in from seperate doors oso quite a good idea. How many tables r both of u looking at? Did u manage to get a good package?

Metta, i read tt u will be having ur AD on xmas eve. Do u have to top up any money on the pktg, cos as wat i knew from Perry, special PH like xmas n new year will need a surcharge of $50nett. Ini was thinking of new's year's day, but dropped the idea aft tt.

Has anyone make any changes like putting the abalone(to the veg) to the menu? does anyone know wats the additional charges?

metta

Hallie,
I saw a couple had the walkin from the leftmost door to the middle. But tat means the rightmost pp can only see u from far.

I'm having 40 tables. I didn't get the pkg from any promotion unfortunately.

I booked my AD in Jan 04, wasn't imposed any surcharge at that time. Maybe the rules have changed cos' they do hv to pay double for the waiters etc. Maybe u can negotiate with Perry?

I did make changes to the menu initially, by replacing dishes. I replaced the prawns with Abalone Vege but the abalone pieces were so small and thin, everyone felt it was unpresentable. The additional charges depends on what u want to change. If your item is more ex, then they will inform you how much more they will charge.

hallie

Metta,

Tks for the info...maybe as wat u hv said the rules changed. *sigh* had just placed a tentatively booking already for 2006, now waiting for my FH to confirm. guess too late if wait till the mar05 wedding show hor????

Btw, can i say tt u didnt pay additional for ur replacement??

Actually i'm fine with not having the abalone, but my traditional mum was questioning me why arent there any abalone in the menu! Argh.......
sad.gif

smilez_bride

Hi ladies, just wanna check if most of you manage to get 2 reserve tables instead of 1? Bcoz my coordinator insisted that only 1 reserve table is allowed...

smilez_bride

Metta/Shern, how many angbao box are you having? 1 A4 box or 2? My FH suggested to use A4 box too but I find it a bit big leh.. you all find it ok?
happy.gif

shern

bride, was thinking of jus 1 A$, if 2 like kua zhang...heheheh was thinking of shoe box leh...

i've got 2 reserve table but that was discussed months back, dunno if it still stands...

metta

Hallie,
I wasn't charged initially cos' I replaced with a dish of an equivalent value(vege abalone instead of prawn & i also didn't want fish) Your case is different cos' you are adding extra ingrediant (abalone). I'm quite sure they'll charge you for it. Anyway, I went back to the original menu eventually. And seriously not worth it to pay for the thin slices of abalone.

bride, only 1 Angpao box lar. Mine is A4 size, it's already so huge! People will faint if they see TWO huge angpao boxes!! hiak hiak.

hallie

Helo Racherlle,

I've booked tentatively on 11 Mar06 for siloso ballroom, heard tt the pavillion has already been taken up. I have more than 30 tables so the food tasting shd be free lor. Have u booked urs??

Metta,
Hmm...guess as wat u hv said, not worth hor....will check with Perry how much would they charge for the additional ingredient then decide. Btw, hv u decided on wat flowers to use for the deco?

racherlle

hi hallie!

I've actually wrote to my co-ordinator to tentatively book the date i wanted on Sunday.. but she stil have not replied to me yet.. hmmm guess i will give her a call tomolo..

wow! gosh.. didn't noe that 2006 dates are already being booked already..
hmm muz hurry!
happy.gif

shan

hi everyone,

I am also a RASA bride.
happy.gif
first time logging in to SG Brides, most of the time i log in to Female brides. I booked RASA since April 04. But my date is 15th April 2005, a friday. Like some of you here, am also worried of the turn out and the parking. Sigh. But we are having our solemnization either at the Lawn area or the Beach then followed by dinner at the siloso ballroom.
happy.gif
Cheers!

hallie

hi Racherelle,
i heard tt 2006 is already picking up, n some of the dates has already been taken up. Im still holding on to mine tentatively...hopefully no one wants it at the moment!! I think, just make a tentative block to the date u want 1st, then tk ur time to decide.

sleepsleep, they r already opened for 2006 bookings liao leh!

hello Lindy, do u need to pay any additional charges for ur outdoor solemnisation (on top of ur dinner)??? will they b serving any drinks or food???

sleepysleep

gasp!
so fast! they opened for booking liao ah! omg omg.. hope they will have my date..
i havent went down for viewing thus i not too sure where should i hold my events..

racherlle

hi Hallie!

yup i juz called up Rasa and tentatively booked my date already!
phew!! luckily it's not booked yet!

sleepy.. tot u had already made a tentative booking?? so u shld b quite safe..

they wil call u if someone wans to confirm the same date as u..

hallie..
for outdoor solemnization u have to pay a $400 extra for the venue.. if i'm not wrong..
but as for the drinks.. i'm not too sure..

smilez_bride

Hi shern, if you can.. go ahead with the 2 reserve and get 1 less confirmed table.. this is for in case some guests didn't turned up.. Elaine insisted Rasa can only give 1 reserve tables.. dun wanna argue with her anyway.. bcoz Rasa banquet is not standard.. like some have free food tasting, some dun have.. but ladies, if you all haven't signed up, fight for the free food tasting..

sleepysleep

hi allz,
erm abit headache hor! like some stuff need to nego for them, my nego skills not good, scare later get nothing then =|

ooh rach, yup i tentative book my date but i didnt state the place i want i think. so i think i gotta get my bum down to sentosa soon one of these days to have a look. so i can have some ideas on where to hold my events.
erm when meeting up with ur cooridinators, do we need to pay those entry fees? coz might bring along some friends down with me to 'zhuang dan'.. =P
oh yah, rach how much per table for ur package? think perry sent me a word doc with those pricing but is more ex than what i saw from the website.

racherlle

hi bride!
yup i certainly dun understand hw come they have double standards on the banquet..
definitely will fight for my free food tasting.. no reason y we had already pay for like 20 more for 2005 banquet per table and still have to pay for food tasting!

racherlle

hi sleepysleep!
u have to arrange w perry on the visit to the venue.. perry will arrange for free entry pass for u to sentosa.. so dun worrie.. u dun hav to pay a thing
happy.gif
heehe.. i even arranged to view Beaufort at the same day.. so see whether u wan to go and arrange to view them too.. the hotel is soo romantic!
happy.gif

tink they emailed u the 2005 package which is $20 more expensive than the 2004 package which is shown on the website.. they will increase their pricing every year..

racherlle

oh ya btw sleepy..
they have 2 ballrooms..

the Pavilion holds like 25-30 tables.. and faces the sea.. but it is not pillarless.. hav ard 3 pillars if i'm not wrong..

the other is the Siloso ballroom.. which can hold abt 35-40 tables??

so basically u have to see the number of tables u r having
happy.gif
hope this helps

hallie

Racherlle,
Wah...$400 bucks more! very ex hor! :?
Sleepsleep,
guess my offered pktg price is the same as urs. $20 more than the website price(2004). too bad lah, since the 2005 pktg is already out, rasa will def stick to it mah....bo bian!

as wat, racherlle had said, sleepsleep i think u better roughly estimate the no. of guests u may be expecting n block tt room 1st. but of cos, its better to go down n take alook at the rms.

smilez_bride

sleepysleep.. think you consolidate what are the things you can neg for based on this thread.. like what we rasa brides manage to get, then you neg for them.. rem, neg as much as you can before you signed up with them..
happy.gif
By the way, if you tentatively booked the date based on less than 30 tables, most probably they'll reserve Pavilion for you, if 30 tables or more, then will be Siloso..

Hallie, the packages from the website is not updated yet.. it is still based on 2004 rate,the one perry email you should 2005/2006 rate..

Rachelle, who is your coordinator?