Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

fang

totoro,

you mean to say that your jiemei would not get any angpaos from you? or you intend to give them the liberty when your hubby comes to pick you up?

stingytravellor

elis

wah you so calculative ah so i guess if your friend going to invite you to rasa, you will going give the miserable of $60. so stingy of you. you tot you going restaurant huh!!!!!

totoro

"The goodwill and tradition of angbao giving has been ulterly destory. It has became a mockery of the chinese culture."

i thought u said this.
i dun think its how much of money u give, i thik its the mentality and attitude.

be it $28 or $108 or $1008 , how much is enough, its very much up to indiviual isn't it?
do u expect things when u help ur friends?
and does giveing $28 means u are hard up, i also feel giving $88 angbao very little what. how do u gauge.

The real essense of giving angbao is definitely not how much!! really.

I guess my friends wouldn't mind and if u dun mind, let me clarify its $28 for the person who open the car door!! READ CAREFULLY.

chinchilla

can i ask how much is the breakeven for holding my event in rasa? i.e. how much should we expect per head?

maybe experienced gals in fang, totoro, kawayibabe can help?

question

totoro

i agree with wat you say.....dun bother about them......they actually spolit your mood.

any way it up to you.

must be happy then mei mei on your wedding day.:D

elis

stingy,

dun you understand that the unemployment rate in singapore still stands at 5% and ....

there are idiots whom you only liaise with some 10 years ago and suddenly called you and said "harlow, remember me? i am the specky guy who was carrying a torch for you and was sitting behind you every lectures? i am getting married this coming weekend and i have invited a table of schoolmates and was wondering if you can make it? i know you can't refuse me, right? Iz my once in a lifetime event"

we should be prudent in our spending and i see no reason why $60 is too little for the ang bao ... i dun mind if it is a good friend and the venue of the event is held in some better accessible place

totoro

Hi question,
thanks a million. ur are such a sweet gal!

Hi stingy ,
u very fuunny ah..*LOL*

chinchilla ,
its depends on ur package. and also ur beer and wine. The beer that we got is not free flow, and te red wine cost $25+++ , therefore u have to add all these in before u consider breaking even.
i think $100 per head? maybe can break even?$80 is definitely making a loss lor..to put plainly lah
proud.gif
)

B

blur blur

hi totoro

how much did you spend to print your wedding cards? or may can let me know how much each cost? can i take a look at your wedding cards?

[email protected]

Hows the food tasting? hows your decor for the ballroom (e.g. wat flowers you using?)

please advise.

congrates !

fang

totoro,

the amount is up to your discretion... because at the end of the day, whatever amount you give them, they would return you in kind or through the ang pao ... so dun really have to worry about that much

personally, my gals are indeed of great help to me and they have been with me since sec days, i gave them within the range of $68 to $88 ... but it is entirely up to you on how much u give them

try not to give any ang bao starting with 4 ... u get what i mean? hehee .. enjoy urselves

stingytravellor

elis

luckily i dun noe you else you give only $60....sigh.....i think any of your friend who is going to invite you, gonna stay put instead...sigh.....or invite you to those wedding that is held in a restaurant.....

chinchilla

i think rasa charges extorbitant prices for corkages, hence, they are indirectly discouraging you from bringing your own wine

breakeven may not be even $100 if you were to factor in those people who fly aeroplanes at the last minute

totoro

question, u mean u are buying from outside ah???
huh? but i thoguht Rasa will charge another $28 corkage on the wine u bring in??beer as well??

hmmm....becos u need to add in all the beverage la!

stingytravellor

elis

please bear in mind, singapore is so small, rasa also provide transport foc....to and fro from a particular destination. so if you gonna take the tranport, are you going to compensate the wedding couple? there is also MRT to harbour front.

Next if you take cab to changi airport, since it cost you to travel and take a cab to airport, are you going to pay for a low class air ticket? or you ask the travel agent to charge you cheaper?

ridiculous to complain that it is far. some more singapore is so small.......so you travel to orchard road you also complain?

totoro

elis,
"there are idiots whom you only liaise with some 10 years ago and suddenly called you and said "harlow, remember me? i am the specky guy who was carrying a torch for you and was sitting behind you every lectures? i am getting married this coming weekend and i have invited a table of schoolmates and was wondering if you can make it? i know you can't refuse me, right? Iz my once in a lifetime event"i hope what said just now "

I hope this is not my FH ur are talking abt...
:eek:)

totoro

hi fang,

oic, thanks for ur advice..cos have no idea how much to give my jiemei, read it from the thread thought that this is the range. heehe..thanks ya!

today this thread VERY HOT! ah!!!

B

blur blur

hi totoro

u have not tell me the cost to print each cards. and also the layout of your cards. please advise.

elis

totoro,

what do u reckon? ;-)

i leave it to your wild imaginations and secret between myself and your FH ;p

B

blur blur

hi totoro

hows your preparation? everything done liao? your guo da li leh?

totoro

hi all,
not to orry, i will take pic and upload u all ok..so we can share share.

blurblur and chinchilla,

i think if there is a workshop or show/open house in rasa, then u sign the package, think its more worth it. If u just sign like what i did, dun think u can bargain for free flow beer. I did request but was rejected. as well as the corkage for red wine. think rasa is quite strict abt it..
request for the food tasting..hmm..what else , think the rest quite standard.
anything else??

chinchilla

hi gals,

can i check with you how little can one ang pao be? i've got friends who receive dining vouchers redeemed from their credit cards, book vouchers as well ... some of them even received $20/- ...

in such uncertain economic situations, do we blame them or blame ourselves?

B

b

totoro

i am actually asking

how much did you spend to print your wedding cards? or may can let me know how much each cost? can i take a look at your wedding cards? when did you print your cards?

[email protected]

Hows the food tasting? hows your decor for the ballroom (e.g. wat flowers you using?)

please advise.

totoro

hi elis,

my imagination is running wild now..hahahaha. anyway, if u attend my wedding, have fun ya!

blur blur,
my cards are printed by mu buddy.. special rate. anyway, she has not calculated the price yet. hmm..layout rasa will provide not to worry!!

blur blur, u really blur lah..i getting married on Friday leh...guo da li over aleli..

B

blur blur

hi totoro

may b you can recommnet your buddy to me since i will also be printing my wedding cards. do you include insert?

what design did you choose the red or beige one? so wats wedding flavour did you choose?

your flower decor leh?

i think i really blur =p

totoro

leave me ur email then..

I used the red one for my realtives and the senior citizens, for the red one , i used the insert.
m wedding card is designed by my colleague and printed by my buddy. its those cartoonist type.

i chose the candle. my flowers, cream and champagne roses.

but blur blur, not too sure if she will do it, cos she is graphic designer and she doesn't really do printing of wedding cards. so i got to ask her .ok? no promises.

totoro

anyway gals,

thanks alot for all ur help these days esp ur precious advice..esp to catz, fang,question, and many many more...

thanks..through the preparation of wedding, i really learnt alot of things esp pple around me. I just feel that i have great friends, my jiemei and buddies..and also all of u..it brightens my life and makes this wedding so special.

Just my sentiments to share!

elis

gals,

well, correct me if i'm wrong about being stingy or anything, i'm going to rebute the bride herself! This are the words that appear exactly at their bottom of their wedding invitiation card

"Your presence at our wedding is present enough! But if we're honored with a gift from you, may we respectfully request a gift of money to help the dream of our new home come true!"

Qutoted Totoro "The real essense of giving angbao is definitely not how much!! really.", so who is blasting me about my $60!!!!!!! uurrrggghhhhhh

chinchilla

totoro,

read from the mail that you have some IT presentation .. I was thinking of having one as well .. can i know if Rasa charges any amount for use of thier projector and screen? thks

totoro

huh elis, i did not blast u with the $60....
i dun think i said anything with regards to this? is there a misunderstanding?

please read carfully and indeed u are coming to my wedding..

A

amerline

hi ladies,

this is the 1st time i have ever seen this thread so hot
24402.gif
and active

hi elis

if u are not happy attending the wedding, than dun go. no one is pointing a gun at you leh. wats worse than rain on a outdoor wedding are having guests with faces just as black.

please do not insult rasa as it is the ambience that made as chose this place in the 1st place. its very romantic and unique compared to city weddings.

$60 is fine if you are giving out of good will to the couple as a form of blessing. but the way u are giving ang pow is as if bo pian and forced. as the economy is bad, no brides at this time expected to make profits. but i personally feel that you are too calculative already. u might as well minus dress and makeup costs, than maybe totoro shd pay u to attend their wedding!!
lame.gif

the purpose of the dinner is more of tradition to please the elders in the family and to announce the marriage to friends and relatives and to share the couple's joy.

hi totoro

no matter where u have ur wedding or how much ang pow u pay give, pple will still talk in front or behind u. so u just got to ignore and be ur happy bride. its ur day! do watever u want and invite whoever u like.

ur wedding is so near already, dun let the nonsense in this thread affect ur mood.

God Bless....

24403.gif

elis

totoro,

i dun mean you and i wish you the best

It was "Stingy" that was making all these noises about how little am i paying for the dinner .. urrghhhh

anyway, is $60 too little to make up for your dinner? please advise?

chinchilla

totoro,

are we allowed to bring in our own projector? this would saved up the cost of rental of the projector ..

any other hidden costs as well?

A

amerline

hi chincilla

yes, u can bring ur own projector + laptop and they will hook it up for u FOC. u can always check with ur co-ordinator, they are very obliging and helpful and will tell you wat costs can be saved.

it least thats wat mine did.

totoro

hi elis,

whew..i thought u misunderstood. *sigh of relief*

really it doesn't matter..since ur a friend of my FH, ur presence is good enough.be it $60 or whatsoever it doesn't matter, just have fun on the day ok?!
no sweat abt it lah..really....
Do turn up for our wedding..hahahah..and look for me ya, so i can give u a big hug..such coincidence that i meet u here!!
proud.gif
)

hey folks,

out of the goodwill of friendship lets end the topic of $ here lah...just to make me happy ok!

kawayibabe

hi all..

pei say leh!! tink i created this fight on this thread
nono.gif

but.. personally.. i do agree on giving reasonable ang baos to all helpers who have extended their help in making our wedding joyous and memorable..

moreover.. it is a gesture of appreciation to them.. to show our graditude.. on how much the amount should be.. tink should measure by the effort contributed lor..

for brothers.. shld b more ba!! b'coz most likely most of them drive.. so have to pay for their petrol & car polishing.. and they're required to help out during the dinner time as well..

for jie mei.. tink lesser lor!! b'coz on top of wht we'll be giving to them, they'll get extra bonus from the groom when he comes picking up the bride in the morning..
crazy.gif
so tht depends on how power they are liao.. hehehe

Hi mad...

"The goodwill and tradition of angbao giving has been ulterly destory. It has became a mockery of the chinese culture."

I dun agree!!! Wedding is a joyous occasion which is supposingly to get blissed and blessed by ur valuable guest.. not to create a negative hot topic to be discussed among ur guests!!!

If there is such topic, I rather it to be some good compliment on how we value our guests and treated those who helped out with high dignity & appreciation... and not simply exploiting them and arguing the fact that... friendship is not weighed by $$.. help shld be extended FOC.. bla bla bla..

If you value ur friends.. then tink for them!! They have all taken leave at this crucial economy moment.. where company strongly discourages.. at a point.. risking been black-marked.. waking up early in the morning.. spending 1 full day helping you in whtever you can name.... and end of the day.. still hv to fork out $$ for ang bao to us..

A reasonable token from the couple is juz an appreciation to show them your graditude.. not to show them how generous you are!!.. but of coz.. not to the extreme of giving an amt juz out of some formalities!!

If you have money to splurge on high class hotel, special arrangement etc etc.. dun tell me you dun hv enough to give to your helpers who went all the way to make your night perfect!!

If you say.. ang baos are out of goodwill, does tht mean tht.. presence w/o ang bao is good enuf??.. if you agree.. then I really SALUTE u!!

chinchilla

hi kawayibabe,

may i know how much r u prepared to give to ur brudders and sisters?

i for one felt that we should give them enough to make themselves and ourselves happy on this joyous occassions

so can you advise how enough is enough? i really dun know ... can some of the ladies help as well ...

thks a million

mad

kawayibabe, u really hit the nail

be it brudders or sisters, they do really scarfice a lot in making the event a perfect one. And i totally agree with you that after helping you one whole day, still have to fork out ang bao to bless the couple ... a red packet from the couple is nothing but a form of appreciation of our existence

hence, i advocate that this is the last thing that a couple should scrimp on

totoro

kawayibabe ,mad

hey, no offense and out of curiousity are u brides of rasa as well???

maybe u can share with us know how much is enough?$68-88 shld ne enough right...thats our budget.

mad

totoro,

i happen to be a good buddy of an upcoming bride of rasa who is very active in this forum as well ...