Sembawang Green BTO sep 06

riax

Young Jes and princesspig84,
I am having headache over reno too but after shopping around, I might be able to confirm quite soon as I have shortlisted 3...=)

princesspig84

Hi Jes,me not yet leh.. planning to find contractor only and I only shortlist 2-3 nia. All by word of mouth.

me like no hurry cos everything not ready yet. Wait till all my neighbours reno ler then i start

young_jes

Hello riax, princesspig84,

aiyo, i haven't even shortlisted any contractors. Me also not in a hurry to move in, but abit paiseh to reno after everyone has renovated leh.. Then everyone have to bear with the reno noise when i start. haha.

You guys getting specific contractor for each item or getting 1 contractor to do everything?

riax

Hi Young Jes,
No need to pai say lah cos I am sure sembawang greeners will understand...
happy.gif
U might probably get some surprise visits from us enquring "When u gonna finish reno ah...?!?!?" (Just joking
happy.gif
)

I will be getting 1 contractor to do everything, although that will be more expensive..
sad.gif
Cos I did analyse if get diff contractor, later confuse and when things crop up, diff to identify who's at fault.. And we might hv to take leave to supervise the progress, which is again $$ wasted based on our daily salary rate..

Anyway, just wanna check, any comments about weiken.com??

ottermum

hi Riax
my hubby's also thinking of getting diff contractors for diff works he says can save up to $5-8k...but i'm afraid of things cropping up and delaying the whole reno...
can't possibly bring my bb along to supervise them everyday right...

piggylover

hi hi, jus wanna chk if anyone out there knw if there is a clause in hdb requirement tat within 3mths frm key collection nd to complete reno?? cos my mum hse few yrs back, do has tis clause mention.

puikiah

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WPDis/HDB%20Renovation%20GuidelinesBuilding%20Works%20-%20General%20Terms%20and%20Conditions?OpenDocument

Time Allowed for Renovations

2.1 For new blocks, the approved work must be completed within four months from the date of the permit.

2.2 For existing blocks, the approved work must be completed within one month from the date of the permit.

2.3 No Work shall be carried out before 8 am or after 6 pm.

2.4 Noisy Work such as cutting of tiles, demolition of walls and removing floor/wall finishes are restricted from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm during the weekdays. Such works are not allowed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

2.5 At any one time, only two of the approved hand-held power tools or their approved equivalents are allowed to be used.

2.6 Renovation contractors are not allowed to take more than three consecutive days to demolish walls and/or removal of wall/floor finishes.

young_jes

Riax,
you faster reno lah, den i can go visit visit and see the workmanship of your contractor and engage him if he's gd. hehee.

Hi Ginny,

getting individual contractors can save so much ar?

Maybe those who are intending to engage individual contractors can consolidate orders lah, den maybe can bargain for better price. Hmm....

piggylover

hi Puikia,

TQ for ur info. hmm.. permit date is key collection date or the lease contract stated date which had mention in yr 2010?

patgav

wah..so to say contractors can only cut tiles 8-9am or 5-6pm hehehe.....

Ginny: if engage diff contractors, i thk it will be quite troublesome, like 1 of my frd recently did his reno... coz he use diff contractor it created a lot of prob for him... reno 3mth liao still cant move it... alot of miscommunication n waiting....

For me i have engage a ID to handle the whole reno for me... his pkg quite gd, basic pkg $12,888

Hope to get keys soon!!!!

riax

HI Young Jes,
No problem..anyway, I foresee I might do my reno quite soon after key collection...
happy.gif

Patsy,
That's good deal, can share the reno package details...
happy.gif

puikiah

Hi Piggylover,
Permit date is the renovation permit date.
You have to authorise your registered renovation contractors to submit your renovation application electronically to HDB on your behalf.

khet13

renotalk has a few quite good contractors...or so the forum say :D
try not to fall into the contractors' or ID's sweet talk or big promises.

simplet0tz

Yea, i think u have to feel comfortable with the ID as well.. so that if there is any problems,*Touchwood* things can still resolve properly without feeling uneasy..

U can tell ur ID that if he do a gd job for you, u will rec ppl to him! heez

Any been to SembGreen to have a peep recently?
Any updates?

kwoni

Juz went to see our flats...we r able to go in now...lift is working! Take note of some contractors ambushing ard the area tho hehe...

riax

Hi Kwoni,
Thanks for the info...=)
"We r able to go in" means the barrier oredi removed? No security guard? Can openly go in and view?? Hee Hee, if yes, maybe next week can go and take a look...
happy.gif

kwoni

Yes yes and yes....the barriers has an opening at the carpark side (487 and 488 side)

But....all units r locked..hehe..can oni loiter ard the corridor tho...hehe

patgav

Riax, Princesspig84 --- Mine is the one their shop is at AMK, not yishun nor the contractors ambushing near our flats.

If u all interested i will PM u all tonite when i get hm :p

devilboy

Met a few contractors ambushing there... No offence to many, but I do find their pricing ridiculous, as I have being doing reno research to do the house as per what my wife and I planned to have. For those opting for the free air-con they have offer, think twice... those are not energy efficient systems, it's cheap on the front but it will eat into your monthly bills... As most house already have their flats filled with flooring and doors, the "ambushed" contractors can ask for 12~14K for package reno... I think it's ripping people up. So for those who wanna use them, please nego and nego and nego.... I do think that their pricing is on the high side.

simplet0tz

Hmm why is it so long since we send the payslip and we have not receive any letter for the collection of keys?

My fren got all her letters and keys within a month! Maybe ours got delay.. =(
Any idea anyone?

Can I confirm, only blk 488 and 489 received the letter to submit payslip? or including blk 490 as well?

devilboy

Hi simplet0tz

I do recieve a letter from HDB telling us they have accepted our application and that we will be collecting our key SOON. But I wonder how long will that be...

a_pinglim

Hi All,

i just called up HDB, they said they have not got the key from contractor yet.
once they got the key then they will schedule for us to collect.
maybe next month they will get the key.

kwoni

How can they consider it as being handed over when the keys are not being handed to HDB yet. Must be some c**K-up somewhere in the admin or process...

simplet0tz

I tot the hse already handed over to HDB. hmmm its confirm a delay due to admin problem then.. Or we received the letter to submit payslip alittle early..

bigfish

I am from blk 490 but have not even receive any letters regarding the loan (submitting of payslips)... so only blk 488 and 489 have gotten the letters bah...

kwoni

i tink the earliest will oni be next week... they probably send for credit assessment first den once keys arrive schedule for collection...

devilboy

I think probably there is still things to clear up, HDB will not hand over unless the place is safe to proceed, you know GOV very strict with these things.
I was at Sembawang Green on Sunday. There are still some debris yet to be fully clear in 488 & 489. However, the plants have being planted on the foot of the block.
For 490, probably 2~3 weeks later as I notice the most of the window grills are still not up.
For 487, might take a month, glass panel are not up yet...

kwoni

So many flats and buildings in SG...inevitably will have some with the same colour scheme... Anywhere...i dun realli see any copying from the design of the condo....

rangerabc

Juz went to site and notice that there are quite a number of ID contrator hanging around there. I was at least approached by 4 of them. Seen like they are going around hunting for customer when the time is bad. Maybe it the right time for us to bargain...

prolin_g

I have also been there last week. Manage to sneak in 488 but door was closed. I was told by one contractor that 488/489 will only hand over keys to HDB ard mid May and get the keys at mth end. 487/490 will get keys ard end June but dunno how true is it.

Ang,

Please look at HDB registered contractors and look through. I have met 2 contractors near there, do a check and both have demerit points by HDB. 1 contractor had even been suspended. Just be careful and check through before committing. Afterall, all of us hope to have a peaceful and happy renovation.

Cheers